Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi (1455 Views)

A Thread For The Niger Delta Republic Movement / What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? / The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by Naijacitizen(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2013
A gentleman brought me a series of video interviews conducted by Dokunbu Asari. What he said tally well with some questionable documents circulated 2010 on the 'strategic plan for the ijaw nation’.

Nevertheless, Dokunbu may be delirious but he was not empty of ‘utopian’ dreams. Dokunbu was contradictory but he was not deceptive. I believe his naivety is what made him the unofficial or the unsolicited spokesperson or to succinctly put it, the probable aborter of the Ijaw nation grand plan. His vituperations are more of a spoiler had he known that.

The document was categorical that the way to create the NIGER DELTA REPUCBLIC should be through plebiscite in liaising with the USA and Sec. Gen of UN. A promised President Jonathan gave his people, as purported.

In the document, one Gen. Cletus Emein (Rtd) ‘cautioned that the latest moves to buy Arms for Militants will be counterproducti ve. He was reported to have said that ‘it might throw the Niger Delta into a becoming a war zone again and this he said will neither Help President Jonathan nor Nigeria as a whole’.

If the document is not a fabrication, then it tells a lot. There are reasonable voices among the Ijaw participants. This could also explain its leak.

An Elder Godsday Orubebe however was reported in the said
document as advising ‘the President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the order of the following range of arms for the protection of the Niger delta people’. The list includes six containers of AK47 riffles, four containers of middle range sub-machine guns, three containers of rocket propelled grenade launchers and accessories, two containers of various loads if ammunitions.

Not far after 2010, 13 containers of deadly weapons were imported and confiscated by the customs. The army are believed to have taken over the consignments, and to date no word is heard about it. There are speculations that through Azazi, it ended with the militants, their original destination. Now nothing can exonerate the Ijaw NSA, except if the consignments are found to be officially deposited in the armory inventory of the Nigerian Army, unfortunately in this state of affairs that will be extremely difficult. But could it then be one of the reasons why the present chief of army staff refused to retire with his colleagues? There is a nut that needs to be cracked here. The truth need to be known, for it cannot be buried forever.

It is unfortunate, we are living a very critical period of uncertainty.

Dokunbu Asari asserted they are ready and well equipped to fight. They are ready to resist even his arrest. This is a self-confession and declaration that they still hold illegal arms and are ready to use them for their secessionist plans.

The ball now is in the Nigerian security court. How they untangle this debacle, holds the answers to Jonathan’s bid for re-election and for future adventurist. Do they continue pounding BH elsewhere and leave the eminent Niger Delta secession danger brew and resurface? No doubt what Dokunbu Asari has proven, is that urgency of Nigerian’s need for a new face and a new direction is pressing.

Meanwhile my little words for this Muslim brother is that nothing is achieved through violence, a lesson I thought the bitter Biafran experience has taught all Nigerians. I beseech him to follow the path of peace. ‘Allah Loves cordiality and gives through it what He never gives through violence' Hadith.

May Allah Protect us all from all Evil.
Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by idumuose(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2013
This man is suffering from delusion.He is suffering
4rm hallucination.1885 convention in Germany affirms
That each of d components that makes up a state can
Go its own way if it so desires once that country
Attains d age of 100 years.Nigeria will b 100 years
On jan 1 2014.The Bayelsa national anthem and flag
That made headlines on our national dailies sometime
Last year was in preparation 4 any eventuality.
Take it or leave it.
Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 25, 2013
The name is Dokubo NOT Dokunbo. That is my correction for you, but I will NOT attempt to correct more. Niger Delta is the Bread Winner and Benefactor of Nigeria and demands the respect of all beneficiaries of her goodwill. Asari Dokubo is a voice of the Niger Deltans, a violent one. Should Niger Delta seek secession, then the end of Nigeria has come, cos Nigeria survives today on the resources, naturally endowed on Niger Deltans by the Creative Cosmic Forces of the Universes.

1 Like

Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 25, 2013
And if the Ijaw nation, or the whole Niger Delta want out of this jungle called Nigeria, how does it tear your cloth?
Which evil is God delivering you from that will be worse than the evil called Nigeria?

Even me, I prefer Biafra to Nigeria.

What exactly is you people's problem?

You want "one" Nigeria at all cost, yet you can't stop your foot soldiers from slaughtering fellow Nigerians at the slightest excuse.

Nigeria will split whether you guys like it or not.

It is only a matter of time!

4 Likes

Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by ckkris: 4:16pm On May 25, 2013
Lies times lies equals to LIES. Let the Hausa/Fulani first of all declare their Islamic Republic of Sharialand. Walahi talahi no ferson will pight to keef them in Nigeria. That was the initial flan of Murtala Mohammed. Then even GSM can officially become HARAM.
Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by PehaKaso: 4:29pm On May 25, 2013
On NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC we stand

2 Likes

Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:38pm On May 25, 2013
Billyonaire: The name is Dokubo NOT Dokunbo. That is my correction for you, but I will NOT attempt to correct more. Niger Delta is the Bread Winner and Benefactor of Nigeria and demands the respect of all beneficiaries of her goodwill. Asari Dokubo is a voice of the Niger Deltans, a violent one. Should Niger Delta seek secession, then the end of Nigeria has come, cos Nigeria survives today on the resources, naturally endowed on Niger Deltans by the Creative Cosmic Forces of the Universes.

u shld use ur brain more wen talkin. It's not meant as a decoration, u knw?
And to delude urself with being intelligence is worst enough. Why will u open ur mouth and voice unedited, unintelligent words dt ND is d bread winner of Nigeria?

That oil is really a curse to u, and to wallow in the assumption dt only d ND's got oil is legendary stup!dity! And ur lack of intelligence is so classic dt u biliv dt 50% of nigeria budget runs on dt oil!!! U need to do more research and stop with d fantansy of being a billionaire. We knw u're not, and ur utter ignorance is a sell out!!

Now listen, u guys collect d higest allocation in Nigeria, others who's oil hasn't been tapped dnt. So, what d fucck is ur problem at dt side? We all knw if it happens dt u eventually break out, u will kill urselves to take control of dt oil. And we knw it is ur militants dt will be governing u.

So dude, grow up. I really did want u guys to break off!

1 Like

Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by ChimaAdeoye: 5:48pm On May 25, 2013
Why is Gummi worried about Niger Delta being in a separate country from the north?

IS IT BECAUSE OF THEIR OIL ?
Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by Naijacitizen(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Why is Gummi worried about Niger Delta being in a separate country from the north?

IS IT BECAUSE OF THEIR OIL ?dudê

dude he is not worry of the breaking down of this tiredness marriage rather sending the signal of what will happen to you people
Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 25, 2013
Lol, this country's future is funny.

All I know is that, if we can't stay together as one entity, we best seperate. Me I haff tayad

1 Like

Re: NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:12pm On May 25, 2013
lalaosky: Lol, this country's future is funny.

All I know is that, if we can't stay together as one entity, we best seperate. Me I haff tayad
true.

(1) (Reply)

100 Jonathans Cannot Be Compared To Buhari – Tam David-west / Forbes Magazine Will Continue To Rake Money From Nigeria- Olufemi Ajasa / Disgraced Justice Salami With Govs Fayemi And Aregbesola, The Two Govs He Inst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.