Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress (25320 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / Fayose Faults Yari’s Emergence As NGF Chairman / Jonathan May Recognize Amaechi As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by decrox199(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2013
Plateau State Governor, Chief Jonah D. Jang, this morning started work as the new chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) when he presided over the Forum’s meeting in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

Eighteen state governors attended the meeting which just ended at the Benue State Governor’s Lodge.

Addressing the media after the meeting, Jang thanked Nigerian Governors for the confidence reposed in him to serve them as the Chairman of NGF and pledged to work for the interest of the Forum and country. Both Jang and Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi are claiming victory in yesterday’s election of the NGF in Abuja.

In a communiqué of this morning’s meeting signed by Governor Jang and his Deputy, the Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, they vowed to unite members of the NGF, and work for the unity of the country.

The NGF in the communiqué restated “its commitment to continue being a platform for peer review, productive and collaborative engagement with all levels of governments.”

It also resolved to continue to encourage and collaborate with President Goodluck Jonathan to restore peace and security in the country and to secure a befitting permanent secretariat outside any Governor’s Lodge.

Addressing the media, the Deputy Chairman of the Northern Governors’ Forum, Dr. Gabriel Suswam of Benue State, said in an earlier meeting of the Forum presided over by Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, they had unanimously adopted Governor Jang as the consensus Chairman and they stood by that decision.

In the same vein, Anambra State Governor/Chairman of the South-East Governors’ Forum, Mr. Peter Obi, and Chairman of the South-South Governors’ Forum and Governor of Cross River State, Senator Liyel Imoke, also announced the decision of the Governors in their zone to support the leadership of Chief Jang.

Fielding questions from newsmen, Suswam described as fraudulent the process that purportedly produced Governor Amaechi and said even in a village council election, an out-going Chairman cannot preside over his own election.

He said it was in acceptance of the leadership of Chief Jang that 18 Governors turned up for the inaugural meeting despite the less than 12 hours notice and expressed optimism that the next meeting would bring more Governors to the fold.

In attendance at the meeting were the Governors of Plateau, Kogi, Benue, Enugu, Ebonyi, Bauchi, Abia and Ondo. Others were the Governors of Katsina, Kaduna, Delta, Anambra, Taraba, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa Gombe and Kwara states.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=1823&title=Breaking-News:-Jang-holds-inaugural-meeting-as-NGF-Chairman,-18-Governors-in-attendance

7 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 25, 2013
Very good development. NGF must be scattered. NGF under Amechi vehemently objected to independence of the local govts. And since the north want to use him against his brother, he must be flushed out. Am not against northerner ruling, but they must accept GEJ has the right to recontest too.

40 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by ckkris: 4:31pm On May 25, 2013
Amechi can now preside over Tinubu's rascals. His name is already Rotimi. The Hausa/Fulani will just abandon the area boy. But Rivers State PDP will still do what they must, to expel him, so that he can properly join APC.

17 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by djon78(m): 4:32pm On May 25, 2013
But we were told that 19 governors voted for Amechi while I know that 18 is half of 36. This shows that the election was a stalmate.

8 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by CHAIRMAN1(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2013
djon78: But we were told that 19 governors voted for Amechi while I know that 18 is half of 36. This shows that the election was a stalmate.
No be only stale meat na stale ale... angry does the FCT have any governor

3 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2013
So, how can Amaechi have won an election when 19 governors are against him.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by kelvincoll(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2013
Source pls!

Wonder what the fuzz about being Chairman Gov forum is all about. It aint like there is a special allocation to whoever it is, Opposition is still maintained neither does whoever it is, have control over other states Governors. Make this pple go sidon jare and better the life of the masses who entrusted them with the mandate undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2013
ameachi is been setup and the sooner he realizes this the better.pdp will use him as a scapegoat.but on the other side ,he maybe warming his way into the opposition heart in order to cause greater harm.this is politics anything is possible
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 25, 2013
grin grin
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by kelvincoll(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2013
onatisi: ameachi is been setup and the sooner he realizes this the better.pdp will use him as a scapegoat.but on the other side ,he maybe warming his way into the opposition heart in order to cause greater harm.this is politics anything is possible

He should have a deep rethink, only if he has made all the cash he could ever wish for and just want to cause an inbalance on the political arena. As much i wish him vindicated, i really don't see this ending with him having the last laugh

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2013
kelvincoll:

He should have a deep rethink, only if he has made all the cash he could ever wish for and just want to cause an inbalance on the political arena. As much i wish him vindicated, i really don't see this ending with him having the last laugh
what ppl dont know is that no pdp gov will decamp to the opposition but definitley come 2015 some opposition govs will decamp to the pdp .this has always been the trend and pdp has a funny way of doing things ,before their conventions they will fight and quarrel but once it gets to the general election proper everyone sits tight and works for the party. interest

9 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Symphony007: 5:17pm On May 25, 2013
Well, this is officially the end of the governours forum. The meeting jang presided over today is the "jonathan governours forum" and ameachi has his own forum.

These are the traits of an incredibly stupid president. In the 15 years of the 4th republic no president has shown such an incapacity of govern and unite, even yar adua for all his weaknesses commander respect and unity around the country.

PDP in the state that gave him the most votes is crumbling. Ameachi has already issued an order barring the state PDP from using any government property in the state for meetings or ceremonies and they have also been issued a quit notice for their state headquaters on aba road. We're watching!

24 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Symphony007: 5:20pm On May 25, 2013
Afam4eva: So, how can Amaechi have won an election when 19 governors are against him.
don't you know what a secret ballot system is? Some of the governours in that jang meeting must have voted for ameachi, there is no way to know. Now jonathan's lapdog akpabio has wipe some of them into attending. "if you no come, i go report you to oga jona when him return from ethopia"

6 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 25, 2013
This is the beginning of the end for Amaechi. Why didn't he confine himself to Rivers state? After Amaechi, Speaker Tambuwal ought to follow. These two are the biggest Judas' in the PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2013
It's funny, d governors won't decide election, we will. Jonathan's hobnob with d north is jes starting, but means nothing.
He shld start toasting JEGA, otherwise he shld be ready to rig, big time. Biliv me.

5 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by djon78(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: Well, this is officially the end of the governours forum. The meeting jang presided over today is the "jonathan governours forum" and ameachi has his own forum.

These are the traits of an incredibly stupid president. In the 15 years of the 4th republic no president has shown such an incapacity of govern and unite, even yar adua for all his weaknesses commander respect and unity around the country.

PDP in the state that gave him the most votes is crumbling. Ameachi has already issued an order barring the state PDP from using any government property in the state for meetings or ceremonies and they have also been issued a quit notice for their state headquaters on aba road. We're watching!

I never wanted to comment on this Amechi saga since, but for me I think Amechi has become a lone wolf in his zone, the forces arrayed against him is of huge magnitude. Can he come out of this unscathed, that I don't know only time will tell. As for PDP in Rivers, Amechi was never in control, he became governor through the supreme court judgment, he never contested election in 2007 while he rode on the back of Goodluck presidency in 2011. I actually see a scenario where he may be join APC in which he will be finished politically.

11 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 5:33pm On May 25, 2013
utumunta: This is the beginning of the end for Amaechi. Why didn't he confine himself to Rivers state? After Amaechi, Speaker Tambuwal ought to follow. These two are the biggest Judas' in the PDP.
tambuwal is smarter than this ,he wont engage the president headlong like this .if he does he knows he wont be in the house of reps in the next dispensation.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 5:39pm On May 25, 2013
djon78:

I never wanted to comment on this Amechi saga since, but for me I think Amechi has become a lone wolf in his zone, the forces arrayed against him is of huge magnitude. Can he come out of this unscathed, that I don't know only time will tell. As for PDP in Rivers, Amechi was never in control, he became governor through the supreme court judgment, he never contested election in 2007 while he rode on the back of Goodluck presidency in 2011. I actually see a scenario where he may be join APC in which he will be finished politically.
you have a very valid point ,but if he even decamps there is nothing the opposition can gain from him,do u remember what happened to ladoja during obj time?once the president takes control of the state party machinery it is just a mattr of time.pdp cannot afford to lose rivers and they will not .

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 25, 2013
Jang should go look for something reasonable to do in his troubled state and stop mingling himself in this ngf politics...he should come and ask amaechi how he managed to quell the crisis that almost left rivers looking like jos.....amaechi deserves the ngf chairman

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by ckkris: 5:41pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: Well, this is officially the end of the governours forum. The meeting jang presided over today is the "jonathan governours forum" and ameachi has his own forum.

So when will this your darling 'AmeAchi' convene his own Egbe Omo Oduduwa Governors' Forum? Na so wicked people like you always mislead & ill-advise political office holders.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by osifred(m): 5:43pm On May 25, 2013
Pro Gej and Jonah jang shouldn't heat up the polity. The state of the nation is very fragile now. Concede to defeat while there is still peace.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 5:46pm On May 25, 2013
ckkris: So when will this your darling 'AmeAchi' convene his own Egbe Omo Oduduwa Governors' Forum? Na so wicked people like you always mislead & ill-advise political office holders.
abi oo,na so dem dey do,when things come fall apart for the persin dem go dey sing another tune

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2013
osifred: Pro Gej and Jonah jang shouldn't heat up the polity. The state of the nation is very fragile now. Concede to defeat while there is still peace.
this is a battle ameachi cant win,infact he is very very lucky that he is dealing with a person like gej.i trust obj he would have treated his fuuuck up long time ago

6 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by ckkris: 5:48pm On May 25, 2013
SLIDE waxie: It's funny, d governors won't decide election, we will. Jonathan's hobnob with d north is jes starting, but means nothing.
He shld start toasting JEGA, otherwise he shld be ready to rig, big time. Biliv me.
Even a fool will not believe you. You're not in Nigeria, and if you are, please don't dabble into things that exceed your limits. Please!

3 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 25, 2013
Comical tragedy of Nollywood proportions.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Symphony007: 5:55pm On May 25, 2013
ckkris: So when will this your darling 'AmeAchi' convene his own Egbe Omo Oduduwa Governors' Forum? Na so wicked people like you always mislead & ill-advise political office holders.
ameachi will definitely converge his. And the difference will be so clear..while this jang governours forum will be busy licking jonathan's ass clean and never standing up to him for anything..ameachi's group will engage the president in a meaningfull debate on the direction of the country and demand answers on things like his subsidy corruption scandal. And mind you jangs group is made up of insignificant states while ameachi's group has the two foremost states in the country, lagos and rivers. Jonathan will seat up.

3 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 25, 2013
Breaking News: Jang holds inaugural meeting as NGF Chairman, 18 Governors in attendance

Plateau State Governor, Chief Jonah D. Jang, this morning started work as the new chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) when he presided over the Forum’s meeting in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

Eighteen state governors attended the meeting which just ended at the Benue State Governor’s Lodge.

Addressing the media after the meeting, Jang thanked Nigerian Governors for the confidence reposed in him to serve them as the Chairman of NGF and pledged to work for the interest of the Forum and country. Both Jang and Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi are claiming victory in yesterday’s election of the NGF in Abuja.

In a communiqué of this morning’s meeting signed by Governor Jang and his Deputy, the Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, they vowed to unite members of the NGF, and work for the unity of the country.

The NGF in the communiqué restated “its commitment to continue being a platform for peer review, productive and collaborative engagement with all levels of governments.”

It also resolved to continue to encourage and collaborate with President Goodluck Jonathan to restore peace and security in the country and to secure a befitting permanent secretariat outside any Governor’s Lodge.

Addressing the media, the Deputy Chairman of the Northern Governors’ Forum, Dr. Gabriel Suswam of Benue State, said in an earlier meeting of the Forum presided over by Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, they had unanimously adopted Governor Jang as the consensus Chairman and they stood by that decision.

In the same vein, Anambra State Governor/Chairman of the South-East Governors’ Forum, Mr. Peter Obi, and Chairman of the South-South Governors’ Forum and Governor of Cross River State, Senator Liyel Imoke, also announced the decision of the Governors in their zone to support the leadership of Chief Jang.

Fielding questions from newsmen, Suswam described as fraudulent the process that purportedly produced Governor Amaechi and said even in a village council election, an out-going Chairman cannot preside over his own election.

He said it was in acceptance of the leadership of Chief Jang that 18 Governors turned up for the inaugural meeting despite the less than 12 hours notice and expressed optimism that the next meeting would bring more Governors to the fold.

In attendance at the meeting were the Governors of Plateau, Kogi, Benue, Enugu, Ebonyi, Bauchi, Abia and Ondo. Others were the Governors of Katsina, Kaduna, Delta, Anambra, Taraba, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa Gombe and Kwara states.

Attached is the Attendance List of the meeting.

Source News Express

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 25, 2013
I really don't care about this or that!

NO LIGHT for over 24 hours and we are here taking sides with people that have 24/7 electricity!

***goes back to ojuelegba bridge....
*******in seun's voice..... 'gala!!!!!! '

6 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by ckkris: 5:59pm On May 25, 2013
osifred: Pro Gej and Jonah jang shouldn't heat up the polity. The state of the nation is very fragile now. Concede to defeat while there is still peace.
Pro Jona is for the peace of all parts of Nigeria. But resistance is expected, and tactically anticipated. And Amechi under-rated Jona too much, by apeing the politics of the South-west which he doesn't understand. Amechi may not even understand the Yoruba language, because he has never lived in Western Nigeria.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 25, 2013
onatisi:
this is a battle ameachi cant win,infact he is very very lucky that he is dealing with a person like gej.i trust obj he would have treated his fuuuck up long time ago

This is the type of Nigeria you wish for? One where the rules of the jungle holds sway?

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by onatisi(m): 6:04pm On May 25, 2013
ckkris: Pro Jona is for the peace of all parts of Nigeria. But resistance is expected, and tactically anticipated. And Amechi under-rated Jona too much, by apeing the politics of the South-west which he doesn't understand. Amechi may not even understand the Yoruba language, because he has never lived in Western Nigeria.
yorubas may not vote for pdp at the state elections or let me say pdp will find it tough winning some states but for the federal or presidency mark my words 70% of yoruba will vote for gej .

7 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Symphony007: 6:05pm On May 25, 2013
djon78:

he never contested election because obasanjo cleverly booted him, but he still triumphed our that and one again, he will. Ameachi is not a lone wolf. People are watching an have'nt seen anything he has done to jonathan to warrant this harrasment. Even the so callef vice presidency he is aiming for, there is no single poster of his campaign in the entire niger delta.

Rivers people are watching, some pDP members are watching. Jonathan rewarded the biggest thief governour in nigeria odili, by making his wife a supreme court judge, a man who brought untold hardship to rivers state. While he is purnishing the man who is doing in a few years what odili could'nt in 8 years. People are watching and when jonathan goes too far, he'll know ameachi is'nt alone afterall.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Group Decries Buhari's Worrisome Display Of Misogynistic Tendencies / Femi Fani-kayode: Are Christians Second Class Citizens In Nigeria? / Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.