Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress (25318 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / Fayose Faults Yari’s Emergence As NGF Chairman / Jonathan May Recognize Amaechi As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by donfineboi: 4:06pm On May 26, 2013
jmaine:

With all due respect. . .You simply said nothing . . . . Mimiko towering political image and followership was the only reason the PDP didn't win . . .The ACN with all the ill configured blackmail of Mimiko by Tinubu ended woefully . . .

Note the key word woefully . . .

The PDP is very alive in the SW . .Even the ACN strong lords are aware of that cold facts, only a political novice will feel otherwise . . . .

Woeful you said? ACN had 143,512 votes, PDP with all the presidential might had 155,961 and LP 260,000

The word woeful can be used to describe the disgraceful gap ACN gave PDP in lagos. I think its about 850,000 margin or something.

PDP has lost its ground in d SW. Even with all the money bags and arm twisting techs. The SW knows better. Every lay man on the streets knows that.

The SW is the only region in the federation that has least PDP presence. And its getting ephemeral year after year. Maybe u can't remember the atrocities OBJ did to steal the SW to PDP, excluding lagos state. The truth is the SW has never been a PDP stronghold.
In due time u will see for urself. U no, talk is cheap....

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by jay2k(m): 4:33pm On May 26, 2013
CHAIRMAN1:
No be only stale meat na stale ale... angry does the FCT have any governor
do u need to answer dat man Forget him,,i think he is new hea nd realy wana talk @ all cost...
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by jay2k(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva: So, how can Amaechi have won an election when 19 governors are against him.
dont u understand politics?? Some Gej loyalist sold out @ d election ground by voting against jang,,so if dose of dem dat did dat didnt come for dis dont u tink dey will jst expose demselves ?? Dats y dey did so dat not even jang will not know dose 1s dat voted against him are...believe me he will b e suprise @ d turnout..even wen he was said to have lost d election.....nigeria !!! I dey laf in igbo..
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by jay2k(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2013
ckkris: So when will this your darling 'AmeAchi' convene his own Egbe Omo Oduduwa Governors' Forum? Na so wicked people like you always mislead & ill-advise political office holders.
so r u saying dat jang nd his cohots r ryt by dea act even wen d ngf conducted elections nd gave us result dat amaechi won ??..u must be worst dan dis shameless gov...who cant obey d law for 1s no mata who it concerns...dis is a test of GEJs competency.leading a divided house...y wount dey stick to dat result dan telling us hw foolish all of dem r..
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by jay2k(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2013
Symphony007: ameachi will definitely converge his. And the difference will be so clear..while this jang governours forum will be busy licking jonathan's ass clean and never standing up to him for anything..ameachi's group will engage the president in a meaningfull debate on the direction of the country and demand answers on things like his subsidy corruption scandal. And mind you jangs group is made up of insignificant states while ameachi's group has the two foremost states in the country, lagos and rivers. Jonathan will seat up.
on point dude!!
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by insideview: 4:59pm On May 26, 2013
donfineboi:

U need to do ur research very well bro. It was the support GEJ got from the SW region that led to his victory at the polls last presidential elections. If u did ur research well u'll no that CPC won in all the core northern states. If you compare the election results you will know that the margin was the closest in all the 4th republic election results.
Things may not be the same for GEJ this time around. Judging from his administration, his performance is barely below average. The SW voted for GEJ not the PDP, but now they have realised there's no difference, so the sympathy vote ish won't play in next election. The SW people are the most enlightened in the country. Unlike other zones who cast their votes on ethnic grounds[/size][size=8pt]

Seriously?
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by insideview: 5:07pm On May 26, 2013
rhymz: Yoruba votes helped GEJ win which election? Why are Yoruba people so full of themselves and have this overbloated sense of political importance. Don't think because the SW controls the media, you can ram down outright lies down our throats as facts. If anything, the SW region was demystified by GEJ's election victory, he proved to them that with or with a total support from them, so long as he had the backings of the entire eastern region, the SW can either tag along or stay in opposition raanting while he, Jonathan wins that election. The SW showed its political strength and influence by putting in a total of 2.8 million votes, Lagos accounting for about 45% of the votes. Knowing how the population of Lagos is constituted it will be folly to attribute JEG's heavy victory there to the Yoruba people. Now facing the core Yoruba states, by calculations, their votes number was inconsequential to influence anything even though just like every other states the Presidency needed at least 25% votes from every state.
You guyz need to stop arrogating to yourself some fictitious importance in winning the elections for GEJ, any subregion should make noise about giving him the victory or putting him there, it is the SE, and they have continued to give him that same support regardless without using it as an object to arm twist or manipulate the presidency. The SW did the least in bringing JEG to Aso rock, that is the fact that a million propaganda can not change.

Very well said
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by jmaine: 5:55pm On May 26, 2013
donfineboi:

Woeful you said? ACN had 143,512 votes, PDP with all the presidential might had 155,961 and LP 260,000

They came third despite all the aimless shenanigans of Tinubu and co on the person of Mimiko . .The mere fact that the so "about to be extinct" PDP were placed above the ACN should tell you a lot . . .

Present a formidable candidate and the people will vote you in , and this has nothing to deal with Federal might cos it was a free and fair election where the people votes largely counted . . .

donfineboi:

The word woeful can be used to describe the disgraceful gap ACN gave PDP in lagos. I think its about 850,000 margin or something.

Same colossal margin of defeat was visited on the ACN just a week before in the presidential polls . . . The candidates and not the party matters a lot in the scheme of things today . .

So what were you trying to say again . . . wink

donfineboi:

PDP has lost its ground in d SW. Even with all the money bags and arm twisting techs. The SW knows better. Every lay man on the streets knows that.

Yes the layman on the streets know better by looking at the credentials of the candidates than blindly following party loyalty . .A reason why the ACN came third behind LP and the PDP in the recent test of popularity in Ondo State.

Abi Ondo state no dey SW again . . . .

donfineboi:

The SW is the only region in the federation that has least PDP presence. And its getting ephemeral year after year. Maybe u can't remember the atrocities OBJ did to steal the SW to PDP, excluding lagos state. The truth is the SW has never been a PDP stronghold.

Still doesnt remotely support your stand that the PDP is about to be extinct in the SW region, considering their well grounded structure across Nigerian (SW inclusive).

donfineboi:

In due time u will see for urself. U no, talk is cheap....

Mutual parting shot to end the discussion . . . .
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by donfineboi: 7:05pm On May 26, 2013
jmaine:
Same colossal margin of defeat was visited on the ACN just a week before in the presidential polls . . . The candidates and not the party matters a lot in the scheme of things today . .

So what were you trying to say again . . . wink
. . . .

Theres one thing you need to know bro, SW politics is based more on ideologies than personality. which is the basics in partisan politics all over the modern civilized world.The thing is ignorance has deluded many Nigerians, hence they look at personality as a major yardstick. the SW has known this since the 1st republic. I bet you know your history..... Personality is an added advantage and should not be seen s major determinant.
Let me break it down maybe you may understand me better. you re looking for a party that provides free basic and secondary education. would you choose PDP because you detest the personality of the candidate presented by the ACN? free basic and sec schools are one of the ideologies of ACN not PDP.
Its very important to look deep into various political parties understand there ideologies and what they stand for. Thats were the blueprint lies.... i hope you understand me bro

anyways, as i said earlier talk is cheap. I'll remind you in 2015
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by jmaine: 8:35pm On May 26, 2013
donfineboi:

Theres one thing you need to know bro, SW politics is based more on ideologies than personality. which is the basics in partisan politics all over the modern civilized world.The thing is ignorance has deluded many Nigerians, hence they look at personality as a major yardstick. the SW has known this since the 1st republic. I bet you know your history..... Personality is an added advantage and should not be seen s major determinant.
Let me break it down maybe you may understand me better. you re looking for a party that provides free basic and secondary education. would you choose PDP because you detest the personality of the candidate presented by the ACN? free basic and sec schools are one of the ideologies of ACN not PDP.
Its very important to look deep into various political parties understand there ideologies and what they stand for. Thats were the blueprint lies.... i hope you understand me bro

anyways, as i said earlier talk is cheap. I'll remind you in 2015

Bros Nigerians are no fools . . No political party in Nigeria is governed and ruled by specifics ideologies, they are simply a mirror image of each other with different personalities acting the same scripts of selfish interest.

Godswill Akpabio currently in the news for wrong reasons is offering free and basic education to secondary school level

What were you trying to say about free basic education been an ACN exclusive. . . . .

Sule Lamido of Jigawa state, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, Sullivan Chime of Enugu et al., are all doing well flying the PDP flag proudly

Nigerians will rather look at the perceived antecedents of the person contesting than follow non ideological parties blindly . . . E.G is Ngige of the ACN winning Dora Akinyuli of the APGA in an APGA/PDP dominated state . . .
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by kinguwem: 9:01pm On May 26, 2013
Symphony007: Well, this is officially the end of the governours forum. The meeting jang presided over today is the "jonathan governours forum" and ameachi has his own forum.

These are the traits of an incredibly stupid president. In the 15 years of the 4th republic no president has shown such an incapacity of govern and unite, even yar adua for all his weaknesses commander respect and unity around the country.

PDP in the state that gave him the most votes is crumbling. Ameachi has already issued an order barring the state PDP from using any government property in the state for meetings or ceremonies and they have also been issued a quit notice for their state headquaters on aba road. We're watching!
You are a fool. You are a very unpatriotic & uncivilized citizen. Who is a stupid president? Can't you see the writing on the wall? How could Amaechi have won an election when half of the governors (18) support Jang. With myopic & foolish people like you, this country will never move forward.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by kinguwem: 9:11pm On May 26, 2013
Symphony007: ameachi will definitely converge his. And the difference will be so clear..while this jang governours forum will be busy licking jonathan's ass clean and never standing up to him for anything..ameachi's group will engage the president in a meaningfull debate on the direction of the country and demand answers on things like his subsidy corruption scandal. And mind you jangs group is made up of insignificant states while ameachi's group has the two foremost states in the country, lagos and rivers. Jonathan will seat up.
What makes a state to be significant. Is it the monthly allocation? All the South-South states are with Jang.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by isetilaye: 9:21pm On May 26, 2013
kinguwem: What makes a state to be significant. Is it the monthly allocation? All the South-South states are with Jang.

very good question,ihave been wondering too what he meant by that statement.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by lookmangiw(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2013
isetilaye:

obj won in 1999 without the sw backing
yes but with the help of the northern bloc which supports your retardeen would never get this time around.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by banki(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2013
insideview:

Very well said
wHere were the southeasterners and south southerners when tunde bakare was leading hundreds of peopleto make gej acting. Presdident...was it not BaBa that brougght him out making him governor aNd vice President? YoU need to give d sw. Credit
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:15pm On May 26, 2013
Most of what you guys are saying makes me laugh(in a sad way). How does the NGF forum concern GEJ?? The failure of the NGF to unite does not in anyway portray GEJ as a good/bad leader, just like the failure/success of any governor portray GEJ as a good/bad leader.
If i was GEJ, i would do exactly as he is doing, i see no reason why he should interfere(especially publicly), that will bring him down to their level - He is too big for the NGF, they have no constitutional powers. Whoever becomes the chairman can in no way stop GEJ from contesting or not contesting the 2015 elections
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by treasuremi1(m): 10:29pm On May 26, 2013
u r wrong here!yoruba xtains voted 4 fasola(muslim) because he was/is performing.
thelastpope10:

First of all, SW and Yoruba are not exactly the same thing. SW comprises of people from all over Nigeria, especially Lagos. Most GEJ votes from Lagos in 2011 was from Non indegenes. The Yorubas were not exactly inspired to go out and vote for him. If you doubt me, check the figures of Presidential and governorship and see the disparity. Yorubas came out more for Fashola.

Secondly, The Torubas does not have a united front. They will only have a united front if the candidate is a Yoruba man. ACn did not get up to half of the votes in Oyo and Ogun remember? They only won because of PDP crisis where votes were shared between PPN/PDP, Accord/PDP. Ondo is on their own. Most of you claim to speak for the south west but you surely dont. You dont even speak for Yorubas. Most Yoruba Christians will not vote for a Muslim candidate from the north in 2015. You can quote me on that!
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by treasuremi1(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2013
but that acn lost n labour party won doesnt make pdp alive in SW.dont 4get dat mimiko was d incumbent n ppl stil wanted him in power.not pdp lailai.Yorubas detest PDP in SW?dey were jus sentimental wen dey voted 4 gej in 2011.
jmaine:

With all due respect. . .You simply said nothing . . . . Mimiko towering political image and followership was the only reason the PDP didn't win . . .The ACN with all the ill configured blackmail of Mimiko by Tinubu ended woefully . . .

Note the key word woefully . . .

The PDP is very alive in the SW . .Even the ACN strong lords are aware of that cold facts, only a political novice will feel otherwise . . . .
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by rhymz(m): 11:11pm On May 26, 2013
donfinboi
You make me laugh. The way you talk about SW politics and Yoruba people is funny and parochial to say the least. Mind if I ask you this, "have you lived outside of the SW region?"

There is too much exaggeration in the way you describe the SW and its imaginary "political sophistry". You know, I would have fallen for your very colourful paintings of the SW politics if I did'nt live in the SW and the most sophisticated part of it for that matter.

It is funny you even had to stretch it to the point that you claimed PDP was dead in the SW, what a laughable assertion. That the ACN surreptiously played dirtier than the PDP in the SW who at the time had serious internal crisis that took all the attention away, does not mean that the PDP is dead.

To even claim that every average Yoruba person om the street gives 2 4cks about party ideology is the dumbest talk ever.
I am going to tell you how sophisticated an average Yoruba voter is: in my street for instance, virtually every polling unit had some kind of cook party near, thugs hang around this party gathering, eating and inviting everyone to join in the frenzy, it was all ACN affairs and you dare not go to units that were entirely peopled by ACN thugs and supporters to talk about voting PDP.

Many of these average "sophisticated Yoruba" voters actually voted after joining in the near by party and frenzy, anyone that didn't join was not only shouted at but indirectly forced by shouting things like, "ACN centre ni eleyi o. . . Afe ri awon PDP ni bi ba yi o". . They say these things with stern faces, as if to say try the contrary and be dealth with. The polling units are so sorrounded by these thugs that it will take a brave person to call their bluff. Yet politics in the SW is full of "ideological sophistory" that is unequalled elsewhere in Nigeria.

All these exaggerations about Yoruba and their supposed political intelligence is laughable and fictional, they are not different politically from every other Nigerian voters. All these yarns about how Yoruba ppl don't vote personality but ideology is rubbish, put one Yoruba man on the ticket and see how tribalism works.

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Lusola15: 11:23pm On May 26, 2013
D last time I checked nigeria had d population of 170million people lagos abt 18million people nairaland 1063989 members
Now 1.06million is like 0.8% of 170million people not very significant.
People in dis forum tend to tink dt cos 170like what u said den it will come to pass and u are an authority in nigerian politics.

No one can decide what 170million will do
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Lusola15: 11:31pm On May 26, 2013
treasure_mi: Yorubas detest PDP in SW?dey were jus sentimental wen dey voted 4 gej in 2011.

Hmmm if what u av said is true den d ACN or APC can go to bed beliving all is well in 2015 in d SW.
FYI no one man can speak for d yorubas. Not me, not u
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by donfineboi: 10:30am On May 27, 2013
jmaine:

Bros Nigerians are no fools . . No political party in Nigeria is governed and ruled by specifics ideologies, they are simply a mirror image of each other with different personalities acting the same scripts of selfish interest.

Godswill Akpabio currently in the news for wrong reasons is offering free and basic education to secondary school level

What were you trying to say about free basic education been an ACN exclusive. . . . .

Sule Lamido of Jigawa state, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, Sullivan Chime of Enugu et al., are all doing well flying the PDP flag proudly

Nigerians will rather look at the perceived antecedents of the person contesting than follow non ideological parties blindly . . . E.G is Ngige of the ACN winning Dora Akinyuli of the APGA in an APGA/PDP dominated state . . .

Do ur research well bro.... What makes ACN diff from PDP is its universal ideology that replicates in every ACN controlled states. Not every PDP state provides free basic and secondary school education....
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by donfineboi: 10:41am On May 27, 2013
rhymz: donfinboi
You make me laugh. The way you talk about SW politics and Yoruba people is funny and parochial to say the least. Mind if I ask you this, "have you lived outside of the SW region?"

There is too much exaggeration in the way you describe the SW and its imaginary "political sophistry". You know, I would have fallen for your very colourful paintings of the SW politics if I did'nt live in the SW and the most sophisticated part of it for that matter.

It is funny you even had to stretch it to the point that you claimed PDP was dead in the SW, what a laughable assertion. That the ACN surreptiously played dirtier than the PDP in the SW who at the time had serious internal crisis that took all the attention away, does not mean that the PDP is dead.

To even claim that every average Yoruba person om the street gives 2 4cks about party ideology is the dumbest talk ever.
I am going to tell you how sophisticated an average Yoruba voter is: in my street for instance, virtually every polling unit had some kind of cook party near, thugs hang around this party gathering, eating and inviting everyone to join in the frenzy, it was all ACN affairs and you dare not go to units that were entirely peopled by ACN thugs and supporters to talk about voting PDP.

Many of these average "sophisticated Yoruba" voters actually voted after joining in the near by party and frenzy, anyone that didn't join was not only shouted at but indirectly forced by shouting things like, "ACN centre ni eleyi o. . . Afe ri awon PDP ni bi ba yi o". . They say these things with stern faces, as if to say try the contrary and be dealth with. The polling units are so sorrounded by these thugs that it will take a brave person to call their bluff. Yet politics in the SW is full of "ideological sophistory" that is unequalled elsewhere in Nigeria.

All these exaggerations about Yoruba and their supposed political intelligence is laughable and fictional, they are not different politically from every other Nigerian voters. All these yarns about how Yoruba ppl don't vote personality but ideology is rubbish, put one Yoruba man on the ticket and see how tribalism works.

Bro the truth is PDP was rigged into the SW by OBJ during the 2003 elections. I don't know why u don't know this? PDP was forced n rigged on the SW. I don't have to talk much on that... But if u very much in touch with politics in d SW u would know that the PDP's presence was a mere effigy and now they are gradually phasing out.... ACN is to SW as PDP is to SS....
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by thelastpope10: 11:26am On May 27, 2013
treasure_mi: u r wrong here!yoruba xtains voted 4 fasola(muslim) because he was/is performing.

Fashola is Yoruba and contested for governorship not presidency. Please read my post again before responding to it
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by dangali: 3:43pm On May 27, 2013
That was the losers meeting held yesterday in Benue state govt lodge not in glass house where it always hold. PDP are like that in anywhere just to cause confusion. if not Jang who can not even win his ward how much more to won election on govs forum. Let Jang go an control his trouble state where people are dying like animals since he assumed duty as a governor of plateau state. Mind you iam not a PDP member.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Yorubaman40: 12:14am On May 28, 2013
Symphony007: your arguement would have made sense if rivers people actually saw the benefits of giving jonathan the most votes in 2011. Rivers federal roads are death traps,he has never visited the state since he came to campaign in 2011..rather he is fighting the state governour and giving rivers oil well in soku to his home state of bayelsa. Aneachi does'nt need to divide south south. Jonathan is already doing a good job with that.
I laugh when i hear this kind of analysis. Do u think it is intelligent for Jonathan to go and do N/D roads and leave that of other regions knowing fully well that d needed resources cannot go round immediately? Dont u think if it were that simple then senators and reps from Rivers would have inserted it into d budget esp now that d NASS has started rewritting what d executive proposes. As we speak d total monies going to Rivers is times 3 what most other states are getting. And very soon it might become times 6 courtsey of d PIB bill put forward by Allison Madueke to d NASS.That is how to work for ur people indirectly. N/Deltans know this and they understand d game.They know Jonathan is changing d system to favour them. Let their govs use d monies well as Akpabio has done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode: Are Christians Second Class Citizens In Nigeria? / INEC Chairman Accused Of Mounting Pressure On Rivers State REC / Court Convicts Four Cyber Criminals In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.