Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? (1534 Views)

Lagos Marathon: List Of Prize Money To Be Given To Every Winner / Why Has Arjen Robben Not Been Nominated For Fifa's Balon'dor Award? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by bingbagbo(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2013
the dutchman ha s been absolutely fantastic this season, and for me has been better than perrenial contenders christiano ronaldo and lio messi.
what' s your take?
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by boron10(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2013
Top 5, yes but Ballon d'or? I dont think so. No player has beaten Lionel Messi yet.
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by bingbagbo(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2013
boron10: Top 5, yes but Ballon d'or? I dont think so. No player has beaten Lionel Messi yet.

what trophies has messi won this year?
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by boron10(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
He singlehandedly won the spanish la liga for barcelona with an astonishing 46 goals and 12 assists. He led Barcelona to the semi final of champions league. His injury being the cause for their humiliating defeat to the eventual winner.

Arjen Roben however was just like a part player. Without him, Bayern Munich would still have won the league and champions league. If you think he is eligible to win the Ballond'or, then Drogba was equally eligible to win it last season.

And David Becham, Andy Cole or solsjier should have won it in 1999. Then Gabriel Milito, Sneider or samuel Etoo should have equally won it in 2010.
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by bingbagbo(m): 2:08pm On May 26, 2013
^^
arjen robben has been the main man for bayern this, in the bundesliga , super cup and champions league. his sporadic attacks helped bayern beat barca that ha d your lio messi and also fetched that all important goal against BVB.The ballon d'or awards is given to the best achiever in the year under review, and no player befits this year's accolade than the 29yr old dutch baldman. he has won everything.
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by boron10(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2013
So to you, someone's performance in a single game could be enough for him to win the Balon d'or? Are you kidding me? grin grin grin, Then Lewandowski should also be eligle. And the players i earlier mentioned should have won it too cos of their outstanding performance in the season they won the champions league.

Arjen Roben himself will laugh at you with what you wrote up there. I could recall he scored the last goal in the first match against Barca. Was only noticed in the game when they were already 3 goals up.

Unlike Messi whose consistency has been peerless.

As far as i'm also concerned, Roben is not even Bayern's player of the season. The award should go to Frank Ribery.
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by Blackbody20(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2013
Arjen What? Messi is still the best on my list.
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by bingbagbo(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2013
[quote author=boron10]So to you, someone's performance in a single game could be enough for him to win the Balon d'or? Are you kidding me? grin grin grin, Then Lewandowski should also be eligle. And the players i earlier mentioned should have won it too cos of their outstanding performance in the season they won the champions league.

Arjen Roben himself will laugh at you with what you wrote up there. I could recall he scored the lasal in the first match against Barca.
this is academic dishonesty.
Re: Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? by Krasid(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2013
bin gbagbo:

what trophies has messi won this year?
in 2010 Messi only won la liga and last year he won the spanish cup only and was given the award.This season he has won the league.I am not saying he deserves it but from what FIFA did in 2010 and 2012,don't be surprised if he wins by scoring lots of goals.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Chelsea FC Is Most Hated Club. / First Own Goal Ever In The History Of Football / Monaco Unveil Four New Signings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.