Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae (50070 Views)

Looking For An Evi Edna Ogholi Song! / Where Is Evi Edna Ogholi? / Evi Edna-ogholi Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Nobody: 11:41am On May 26, 2013
her songs remains ever-green and continue to appeal to the psyche of nigerians...her songs are real nigerian songs, sang with a real nigerian voice from a real nigerian heart, no fakeness whatsoever!!....Evi Edna, your legendary songs still lives on!!

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Noiseless2: 11:42am On May 26, 2013
Yea! I remember the Evi girl and hated the song she sang no noo noo we (they) "one najiriya", so vindicated that i never liked that song because who ever wrote that song or encouraged her to sing that then was living in delusion.

Apart from that one fake najiriya song i loved the rest of her songs, by the way Majek Fashek warned the Babangida and the one nigerianists to remember the Biafran war,and stop messing the people about if they truly love nigeria as they always like to lie to the people.
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Revolva(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2013

EARLY DAYS
Evi-Edna Ogholi was born on the 6th of July 1965 in Isoko, Delta State (now Bendel State) to the household of Reverend R. O. Ogholi.

na wa oo this poster sef...delta state ..now bendel state ..or the other way round..
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2013
Memphis357:
God bless the writer for this topic. You've just made my morning bright.....
With all the garbage you hear nowadays that are being labelled "9ja music",I can sum the up easily..... MUSIC IS DEAD in 9ja....#RIPMUSIC
Music of diz dayz, GARBAGE? even Wizzybaby's, "oya ask ur mummy she knw I badt gon, even ur sista knw say mo badt gon" dat one garbage? Abeg park well make I pass joor! Wizkid go pay Evi edna 15 yrs salary plus allowee in addition of 2 BMW 7series, abi na hummer she wan drive? tongue
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Abiyamo: 12:24pm On May 26, 2013
Thanks for pointing that out grin
Revolva:

na wa oo this poster sef...delta state ..now bendel state ..or the other way round..
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by tomakint: 12:40pm On May 26, 2013
Michael Sokoto:
Music of diz dayz, GARBAGE? even Wizzybaby's, "oya ask ur mummy she knw I badt gon, even ur sista knw say mo badt gon"? Abeg park well make I pass joor! Wizkid go pay Evi edna 15 yrs salary plus allowee in addition of 2 BMW 7series, abi na hummer she wan drive? tongue
Son, this is adult section! You need to die and be born 7 times to really understand the deep things we are talking about here! Now sod off to your section and take ur wizshyte along with you undecided

8 Likes

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by blueeyes1: 12:49pm On May 26, 2013
tomakint:
Son, this is adult section! You need to die and be born 7 times to really understand the deep things we are talking about here! Now sod off to your section and take ur wizshyte along with you undecided
#in Zebrudaya's voice# TOLD HIM! grin

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by MadCow1: 12:50pm On May 26, 2013
Evi served her purpose.. Her music ruled the air waves in my younger days. I'm proud to have rocks my asss off to her songs.

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by tomakint: 1:04pm On May 26, 2013
blue eyes1: #in Zebrudaya's voice# TOLD HIM! grin
grin grin grin no mind the clown jare, he thought this place was a beer parlour where all manner of jargons are spewed free of charge without censor grin too many young ones on Nairaland lately undecided
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by babadem2much(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Her song brings back some very fond memories. That's when Nigeria was Nigeria(at least better than now). I hate Blackberry, Ipad, laptop etc etc etc. These things have made the world easy but uninteresting. I prefere the 80s and 90s.
True talk jare all dis tins don cancel beta tinz when all those land line telephones telegram post office are existing, job oppotunities sef don reduce. Na wah beta tinz don go
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Memphis357(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2013
Michael Sokoto:
Music of diz dayz, GARBAGE? even Wizzybaby's, "oya ask ur mummy she knw I badt gon, even ur sista knw say mo badt gon" dat one garbage? Abeg park well make I pass joor! Wizkid go pay Evi edna 15 yrs salary plus allowee in addition of 2 BMW 7series, abi na hummer she wan drive? tongue
C'mon leave this thread now?
You see your mate for here? Instead of you practicing for your "Spelling Bee" competition taking place tomorrow,you come here dey spew rubbish.....
Foolish pikin!

2 Likes

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Inik(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2013
Maxymilliano: We travel to Umunede, we go speak Isoko,
We travel to Borno, say na Fulfulde,
We travel to Ughelli, dem go speak Urhobo,
We travel to Buguma, say na Kalabari,
We travel to Kaduna, dem go speak Hausa,
We travel to Okene, dem go speak Ebira,
We travel to Abbi, dem go speak Kwale,
Ogomola, dem go speak Okrika,

We travel to Sokoto, dem go speak Fulani,
We go to Benin City, dem go speak Edo,
We travel to Onitsha, dem go speak Igbo,
We travel to Asaba-Asa, den Bendel we go,
We travel to Gboko, dem say na Tiv,
We travel to Otukpa, dem go speak Idoma,
We travel to Akure, dem go speak Yoruba,
We travel to Ase, dem go speak Aboh,
We travel to Uyo, na Ibibio,

We travel, we travel, we travel travel travel…
All I'm saying, Lingua franca…

We travel to Patani, dem go speak Izon,
We travel to Vom, dem go speak Berom,
We travel to Ekpoma, dem go speak Esan,
We travel to Auchi, dem go speak Etsako,
We travel to idah, dem go speak Igala,
We travel to Bida, dem go speak Nupe,
We travel to Ogbakiri, dem go speak Ikwere

Lyrics penned by Evi Edna-Ogholi...

All i am saying is lingua franca

Me travel.....echos
me travel......echos

Good old days!

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Mr9iceGuy(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2013
link me up to dis woman or her daughter, infact her daighter cos, as a kid den I fell inlove with this woman when watchin Make You Dey Look Road before u cross, I hav the vidoe in my house am even watchin it now. If u dont link me up to her, I will comit,suicide,homicide,patricide,above all jonacide lol!!!
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by UyiIredia(m): 2:02pm On May 26, 2013
Evidna's style in some of her songs such as 'Happy Birthday' appeared to me to be more of soft rock which shares elements with reggae.
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by blueeyes1: 2:12pm On May 26, 2013
Memphis357:
C'mon leave this thread now?
You see your mate for here? Instead of you practicing for your "Spelling Bee" competition taking place tomorrow,you come here dey spew rubbish.....
Foolish pikin!
And if u venture loose dat competition,no pencil jean for u and no more freedom to sag ur trousersgrin

2 Likes

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2013
Luckily 4 me her song was played on my 2nd or 3rd year bday if I could vividly remember. tongue
Her song I like best is d one dat goes like dis, "stop dat fight! Or uuu may looose ur life, stop dat fight".
As a proper lasgidi boy, sharperly we remix our own, ours is, " drop dat pant! or u may looooose ur life, drop dat pant!". grin

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2013
blue eyes1: And if u venture loose dat competition,no pencil jean for u and no more freedom to sag ur trousersgrin
Noted! grin
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by ichidodo: 2:20pm On May 26, 2013
Where you dey go O! Where you dey hurry so? You don forget say?! When moto jam you,u no go reach where you dey go blah blah blah (cant remember much but) Beta make u late say you no reach your house O. Woyo,Make you dey look well before you cross.....
I Looove her music, can still recollect jumping up and down to her baaidaay song with my Bugle Boy and JIM JIM as a toddler.Wonderfull times.
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by tomakint: 2:25pm On May 26, 2013
Michael Sokoto: Luckily 4 me her song was played on my 2nd or 3rd year bday if I could vividly remember. tongue
Her song I like best is d one dat goes like dis, "stop dat fight! Or uuu may looose ur life, stop dat fight".
As a proper lasgidi boy, sharperly we remix our own, ours is, " drop dat pant! or u may looooose ur life, drop dat pant!". grin
That's my boy grin now I like this from you unlike when you spewed this below;
Michael Sokoto:
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Freiburger(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by bknight: 3:06pm On May 26, 2013
mbhs139: I ONCE DATED HER DAUGHTER

Who ask you?
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by BERNIMOORE: 3:48pm On May 26, 2013
Who ask you?

[size=28pt]Gbam!!![/size]
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Akshow: 5:08pm On May 26, 2013
Akson man:

With due respect,i think YOU should 'shut up', only a fool would say that Nigeria was better in the 80s and 90s-that despicable era of military rule were corpses could litter the streets of Lagos and stay for over a week b4 the useless military govt disposed them. I dreaded going to school each morning cos we were likely going to see a decomposing corpse on the road. Dont get me wrong, jane & john doe's still occur in today's Nigerian streets but hardly exceeds a couple of hours after being sighted(which is still not good enough).

The military era of the 80's and 90's killed the creative spirit of many Nigerian entertainers from the South. I remember then,only Nigeria's struggling private sector tried in sponsoring these southern entertainers while the Northern military government only prefered to use the likes of 'Dan Maraya Jos' for all govt sponsored event.

From 1999, President Obasanjo's singular move of inviting Alibaba to govt sponsored events was what turned Nigeria's comedy industry around. Today we have lots of millionare comedians.

Our 80s & 90s musicians lost faith in Nigeria,many left to pick up menial jobs abroad and now they are too ashamed to return home and see the massives successes recorded by todays entertainers-the Psquares, Tuface,Davidos, Ice prince, Tiwa Savage, Wizkid, Alibaba, Basket mouths, AY etc.

I do feel pity for the likes of Alex O, Alex Zitto, Funmi Adams, Perterside Ottong and a host of others. I raise my glasses to the likes of Ortis Wiliki, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Fatai Rolling Dollars, Femi kuti, Yinka Davies and Charly- these guys persevered and are now reaping the fruits of Nigeria's entertaiment boom alongside the new comers.

Nigeria still has issues but as for entertainment, Nigeria is BY FAR better today than she was in Evi Edna Ogholi's era. We have the best entertainment industry in Africa.
ONLY A DUMMY WOULD THINK OTHERWISE.
What are we saying What is this maga saying? Are we debating military and democracy here? Mr sule., the argument is whether electricity was better then than now. And you cant tell me power supply is better now than the 80s. Jus jump into argument without thinking.

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by dad007(m): 5:36pm On May 26, 2013
bonna4u: When you talk of talent, this great woman has got it and as they say, good wine never go bad(correct me if I got the saying wrong), same as her songs too. Any time I listen to her birthday song, tear build in my eyes as it takes me back to when I was in nursey school. Looking forward to the day you return
Me too.
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Ilaje44(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2013
Akshow: common shut up. Them de talk children of 80s and 90s de talk. There was once a time Nepa was not an issue at all.

The question asked was a legitimate question. From ECN to NEPA to Power Holding Company of Nigeria, when was power not an issue? If you tell the fellow he is a 80/90 child, you can definitely not say such about me. I repeat, when was electricity not an issue in Nigeria?
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Ilaje44(m): 7:53pm On May 26, 2013
I really never liked Nigerian english songs. Her only song I could identify with back then and even now is: Oghene me! She had a very good fan base in West Africa. I met a guy from Burkina Faso in 1995, who was really really crazily into her songs. He could play her songs a whole day non stop. I could not understand why he liked her songs so madly, because this guy didn't speak english.

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by sportfeva(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2013
azpekuliar: Nice memories from the early '90s. Wonder where she is now. OP do a feature too on the following, The Mandators, Peterside Otong, Ras Kimono, Daniel Wilson, Alex O, Blackky, Orits Wiliki etc..
And Funmi Adams
Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Diasporan(m): 1:16am On May 27, 2013
This thread brings back fun memory.Her songs and that of Ras Kimono(Natty get there,Ayaga yaga yaga yo) made me a party lover that i am today.I still have fun memories of the cabin biscuit days and groundnut,Limca or Gold spot or Crush in various birthdays.Damn i enjoy life then sha.May God continue to bless Madam Edna and others of her time that sang satirical songs to lampoon the despotic Military Govt then.I believe Nigeria will be good someday.Singing 'there is no place like home,home sweet home.When i go south,west,East and North i will always come back home' as i work out of the thread

2 Likes

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by clip: 4:22am On May 27, 2013
Old songs are far better than the so called new songs.

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by ipswitch: 9:51am On May 27, 2013
Evi Edna's lyrics are evergreen songs. Shes a great ital woman too. My Gambian friends nearly ''killed'' me because of one of her cassette that i took there in 1994!!

3 Likes

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2013
Diasporan: This thread brings back fun memory.Her songs and that of Ras Kimono(Natty get there,Ayaga yaga yaga yo) made me a party lover that i am today.I still have fun memories of the cabin biscuit days and groundnut,Limca or Gold spot or Crush in various birthdays.Damn i enjoy life then sha.May God continue to bless Madam Edna and others of her time that sang satirical songs to lampoon the despotic Military Govt then.I believe Nigeria will be good someday.Singing 'there is no place like home,home sweet home.When i go south,west,East and North i will always come back home' as i work out of the thread
God must bless u jare!
Those dayz cabin bisquitz were a delight, aaawwww Jeeezez. Coca-cola dey answer their papa name wella dat time, who even born u well make u finish one bottle of sprite? Abi na 7up? Water go komot 4 ur eye tire. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae by Abiyamo: 12:03pm On May 27, 2013
Hahahahah....lol! A whole bottle is too much na...lol! grin
Michael Sokoto:
God must bless u jare!
Those dayz cabin bisquitz were a delight, aaawwww Jeeezez. Coca-cola dey answer their papa name wella dat time, who even born u well make u finish one bottle of sprite? Abi na 7up? Water go komot 4 ur eye tire. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chaz B Of Rhytm FM Is Dead / Ikebe Dance Competition At Phyno Fest Enugu 2017: Watch As Ladies Twerk (Video) / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.