Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba (83203 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Photo: David Alaba And His Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by Ajibel(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
safarigirl: lol, why so? I'm (f) trust me

Aiit then wink
i will smiley
Re: Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by safarigirl(f): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mikocake:
Noted..are u from east Africa?? smiley
nah, full-blooded omo naija. If we were in Europe, we would be getting to the World Cup by sheer luck. Location will always come into play with these things, I beg to differ though, Senegal played a World Cup-worthy game against CIV.
Re: Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by Mikocake(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
safarigirl: nah, full-blooded omo naija. If we were in Europe, we would be getting to the World Cup by sheer luck. Location will always come into play with these things, I beg to differ though, Senegal played a World Cup-worthy game against CIV.
They played a worLd cup worthy game but unfortunately u don't get anything from being close..that's when quality and experience comes in, they needed to do it in both legs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by paulino1000(m): 4:41am On May 25, 2017
David alaba God know why you didn't play for nigeria because even nigeria don't take proper care of there players.contiune your football career and stop thinking about nigeria who discard u, if football officials in nigeria don't want u me as a nigeria i like u and am your fans
Mikocake:

They played a worLd cup worthy game but unfortunately u don't get anything from being close..that's when quality and experience comes in, they needed to do it in both legs.
David alaba God know why you didn't play for nigeria because even nigeria don't take proper care of there players.contiune your football career and stop thinking about nigeria who discard u, if football officials in nigeria don't want u me as a nigeria i like u and am your fans

Re: Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by Mujtahida: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=airmark post=15905937]BAYERN Munich youngster, David Alaba, says he should have been playing representative football for Nigeria but was denied by stringent eligibility rule by football officials in the country.

Alaba, whose father is Nigerian and of Filipino mother, plays for Austrian national team but only after he has been turned down by Nigeria.

The defender said he actually planned to join Nigeria's cadet team which won the 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship at South Korea but words reached him of his ineligibilty

'
I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Koln. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium.
There was no what? FORMAL approach for me. And this is how we lost this gem. Smh.

However, Alaba was shocked when told by the scout that Nigeria had plans mainly for its home-grown talents.

'' I got the information that Nigeria will only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that."
One strategy is never a good strategy. This is the age of Aquarius- multifaceted approach is the way forward. The Age of pisces is gone, the age of one size fits all.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/sports/7508-why-i-dumped-nigeria-david-alaba.html%EF%BB%BF
Re: Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by 2016easy2017: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
paulino1000:
David alaba God know why you didn't play for nigeria because even nigeria don't take proper care of there players.contiune your football career and stop thinking about nigeria who discard u, if football officials in nigeria don't want u me as a nigeria i like u and am your fans David alaba God know why you didn't play for nigeria because even nigeria don't take proper care of there players.contiune your football career and stop thinking about nigeria who discard u, if football officials in nigeria don't want u me as a nigeria i like u and am your fans

i think say u wan grab this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo / Inside The N13bn Mansion Cristiano Ronaldo Will Be Staying At Manchester (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.