Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants (5746 Views)

Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by EkoIle1: 2:16am On May 26, 2013

The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) has urged the State’s Service Commissions and Boards to ensure that only the best people got into the State Public Service.

He said it was public knowledge that the service required competent people to make it function, as its failure or success depended on the caliber of officers working there.

The Governor stated this while declaring open a three-day retreat for members of Service Commissions and employing Agencies in the State Public Service held at the Orchid Hotels, Lekki-Lagos.

The Governor, who was represented at the event by the State Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Mrs. Florence Modupe Oguntuase, added that the Commissions must resolve that the State Public Service be manned by valued professionals and practitioners and that it was run in a most efficient manner on the basis of sustenance of ethics, standards and rules of corporate governance.

According to the governor, “we must constantly remind ourselves that building public confidence requires that agencies must adopt a systematic approach in recruitment that is consistent with global best practices. As employing agencies, the responsibility for accomplishing the task of employing right calibre of staff into the State Public Service at any given time rests with you.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-calls-for-competent-public-servants/148453/
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by johnwizey: 12:02pm On May 26, 2013
D Guvnor is looking for people like me

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 26, 2013
Nice to hear this. Is time to push wuruwuru to the dust
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by raphealolami(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2013
Lol.
Good call by †ђξ governor, but †ђξ picture is somehow intimidating. GEJ looks more like a P.A to BRF in this pix. Hope that is not †ђξ main aim of †ђξ OP. Guess he is anti-GEJ. Just wondering though. God bless a united Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by spiderstone: 12:12pm On May 26, 2013
Wetin enter pale eye........conscience tickling and pretending something got into the eye.........put right pipu in the right position for right delivery of works and services..... cool
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by queven: 12:13pm On May 26, 2013
If recruiting competent people cld really happen,i can bet we will all benefit from it as an individual and as a nation,bt in a place like nigeria,will it ever hapen
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by heed101(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2013
That's a sign of progress.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 26, 2013
All ds one dey are saying is mouth*deal wt unemployment,security wages and traffic congestion den u will be rest assured of 2015 - 3015
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by ninja4life(m): 12:27pm On May 26, 2013
Pls stop ranting both u and gej its time to work cant u people forget politricks for a while and do wat u are electd for 2015 is still far guys.and also can brf be a role model to those public servant with his own corruption.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 26, 2013
speechless?
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by bebe2(f): 12:33pm On May 26, 2013
why jona dey always resemble house boy for public?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 26, 2013
Apart from the lagos health service commission that recruits on merit, all other ministries and agencies recruits through back doors and on padi padi basis.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by successcertain: 1:05pm On May 26, 2013
Is this not the same retarded governor who is trying to forces chines language on lagosian while other Africa countries are starting to wise up and weather away colonial languages undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 26, 2013
"Competent public servants"... How do you hire competent people when our constitution promotes federal character?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Pontaboki: 2:34pm On May 26, 2013
LikeTinubu,Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by vanbonattel: 2:41pm On May 26, 2013
HNosegbe: "Competent public servants"... How do you hire competent people when our constitution promotes federal character?

Dont mind them, very soon they will fill the whole positions with Igbo people and turn round and shout indiginization!
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by yeboyes: 2:41pm On May 26, 2013
bebe2: why jona dey always resemble house boy for public?

Na d level wey im dey take catch naija people mugu be that.U no know say naija people vote am as president just because say he no get shoes when he dey young. grin

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by HOTWATER(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2013
van bonattel:

Dont mind them, very soon they will fill the whole positions with Igbo people and turn round and shout indiginization!

what did igbo people like Dora Akunyili, ken Nnamani and Stella odua do to you . If you are jealous of thier achievements and contribution to Nigeria , begin now to train you children properly . Stephen Keshi knows that too well

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by vanbonattel: 3:18pm On May 26, 2013
HOTWATER:

what did igbo people like Dora Akunyili, ken Nnamani and Stella odua do to you . If you are jealous of thier achievements and contribution to Nigeria , begin now to train you children properly . Stephen Keshi knows that too well

I was telling them that if they want competent people, they should throw the process open and allow everybody to compete for job vacancies. You will see a lot of Chukwuma, Okoro, Onwudiwe, Mbanefo, Kalu and Uwgu on the Lagos state payroll grin
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by vanunu: 5:50pm On May 26, 2013

They are better than terrorists.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Chemical2(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2013
HNosegbe: "Competent public servants"... How do you hire competent people when our constitution promotes federal character?

That is what is the root cause of the decay in the public sector! Federal character promotes naiveity, unintelligence. A name depicted to favour our brothers in the n****. God help us.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 6:31am On May 27, 2013

Let us assume that Fashola was speaking about Lagos state only.
In that case he needs to LISTEN to his own advice. After 14 years of AD/AC/ACN continuous administraion in Lagos ostensibly with INcompetent public servants BASIC services are yet to be provided ALL over the state such as:

* Pipeborn water.
* Public primary schools, vocational schools & secondary schools rehabilitated with new ones built for increased population.
* Primary health care centres with well paid staff and good, functional equipment.
* Simple clearing of gutters & cleaning ALL roads of debris and grass/bush.

YET his e-Propaganda chief for Nairaland posts an irrelevant picture since he does not have much positive thing to say about his Oga at the top.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by EkoIle1: 6:42am On May 27, 2013
Fashola was actually talking to the incompetent and hopeless crying little girl standing next to him...
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by Exponental(m): 7:19am On May 27, 2013
johnwizey: D Guvnor is looking for people like me
when a goat walks with dog, he will eat shiiit. Wat makes u a saint dat cannot sin?
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 7:21am On May 27, 2013
Eko Ile: Fashola was actually talking to the incompetent and hopeless crying little girl standing next to him...

Must you lie even more when confronted with a previous lie? It only makes it worse for whatever little reputation and credibility you have and that reflects on your paymaster as well.
#FriendlyAdvice.

Now that your OP picture of GEJ clearing something from his eye, I believe was from the DANA crash site when he visited with Fashola.
Let us see what your OP was about:

The Governor stated this while declaring open a three-day retreat for members of Service Commissions and employing Agencies in the State Public Service held at the Orchid Hotels, Lekki-Lagos.

The Governor, who was represented at the event by the State Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Mrs. Florence Modupe Oguntuase,

So Fashola skipped the slot for making his speech and was REPRESENTED by his Commissioner.

Sounds familiar

Now how could he be "actually talking to the incompetent and hopeless crying little girl standing."
No wonder you have Mr. LIE Muhammed as your party spokesman.

BTW, when will Mr. Fashola who has "competent public servants" deal with the BASIC, SIMPLE issues and services I enumerated in my last post?

[img]http://3.bp..com/_V9VXai14_Og/SWNlOdgggrI/AAAAAAAAE4w/P9V9RNFVoM8/s400/65119-Clogged-Gutter-0.jpg[/img]

When, any time frame since we have already done 14 years with NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by ba7man(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2013
Some people are so fixated on negativity that they fail to see improvement around them. See random pics of Ikorodu rd i took on my way to work. In the past, Market women and yellow transport buses would be all over the place but now, there's sanity......Its like the poster above me set-out that day with this thought on his mind.... "Yes!!! Today i'm going to look for dirty gutters!!!".

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 8:49am On May 27, 2013
ba7man: Some people are so fixated on negativity that they fail to see improvement around them. See random pics of Ikorodu rd i took on my way to work. In the past, Market women and yellow transport buses would be all over the place but now, there's sanity......Its like the poster above me set-out that day with this thought on his mind.... "Yes!!! Today i'm going to look for dirty gutters!!!".

And would you mind telling us what Eko Ile was doing with the unrelated picture of Fashola & Jonathan in his OP?
To NOT be "so fixated on negativity" concerning OUR president

I don't have to "look for dirty gutters".
They exist everywhere assualting our eyes every day. That is the direct result of misplaced priorities of Clueless Fashola abandoning the BASIC issues for the yoyo cheap & cheerful projects to wow the befuddled followers with hyper inflated contracts as he steals the hardworking, tax paying residents of Lagos blind.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by earthgreeners(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2013
anonimi: And would you mind telling us what Eko Ile was doing with the unrelated picture of Fashola & Jonathan in his OP?

They exist everywhere assualting our eyes every day. That is the direct result of misplaced priorities of Clueless Fashola abandoning the BASIC issues for the yoyo cheap & cheerful projects to wow the befuddled followers with hyper inflated contracts as he steals the hardworking, tax paying residents of Lagos blind.

Bros, wetin u drink before u type dis nonsense.......Village mooof
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 9:20am On May 27, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bros, wetin u drink before u type dis nonsense.......Village mooof

If you have a comprehension problem, please let me know.
I am in a very generous and understanding mood this morning and won't mind further breaking it down so it is simple enough for you to comprehend.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by ba7man(m): 9:22am On May 27, 2013
anonimi:

And would you mind telling us what Eko Ile was doing with the unrelated picture of Fashola & Jonathan in his OP?

Bros, Which ghetto do you stay?? Where I'm located and places i commute, I hardly see things like that your pix ooo....It seems you're in diaspora and you want to justify your status by convincing yourself that there's no progress. Its ok to be a diasporan, no one will crucify you for that. As for @Eko ile, that's a different story......BTW, I pay my taxes, it can be annoying atimes but i'm not complaining and i also have running water in my home courtsey LASG. Do you pay your taxes?? What have you done for your Government?? Its so easy to complain especially online.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 9:39am On May 27, 2013
ba7man: Bros, Which ghetto do you stay?? Where I'm located and places i commute, I hardly see things like that your pix ooo....It seems you're in diaspora and you want to justify your status by convincing yourself that there's no progress. Its ok to be a diasporan, no one will crucify you for that. As for @Eko ile, that's a different story.

Where did I say "there is no progress"?
I said the man is clueless because he has MISPLACED PRIORITIES focusing on yoyo, shiny projects and MOST of us like children who have been given some toys jubilate over such without doing a reality check of the opportunity cost of the amount spent and the value received.
Which part of that is difficult to understand

I stay in a ghetto that forms at least 80% of Lagos state, if you take out Ikoyi, VI, Lekki and some parts of Ikeja that represents anything between 15-20%.
The problem with most of us black people is we "break through" and forget where we are coming from without taking care to bring up everyone we "left behind".

That is why clueless Fashola raised LASU fees from 25k to 250k even though he went to secondary school for four years free with textbooks from Jakande and got Lagos state bursary for his four years in Uniben.
A much smarter person like Awolowo and the UPN governors of the early 1980s would rather than find ways to PROGRESS what they inherited in mass programmes of education, health and environmental infrastructure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News - Buhari's WASC Certificate Is Out. / Types Of Election Rigging Methods And How To Stop Them / Thugs Hired From Lagos Tried To Stone Saraki-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.