Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria (19538 Views)

FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi / Obasanjo To Boko-Haram: “You Can Never Win This War” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Naijacitizen(m): 10:10am On May 26, 2013
Respected Islamic scholar, Sheik Ahmed Gumi, Saturday told the
members of the violent group- Boko Harm that they would not succeed in their plans to break up Nigeria.

Gumi while speaking with ewsmen at his Kaduna home avowed that the outlawed sect “cannot kill someone and expect peace; they will not live to enjoy the killings they did; they have only destroyed themselves”. “I am calling on all those killing people including the Boko Haram members to stop that; they are
destroying themselves, and they can never succeed,” he said.

On the recent declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states by President Goodluck Jonathan, the medical doctor said the decision was politically motivated. According to him, “The state of emergency is a political decision done in necessity of war because the army, police security checkpoints and the rest have all the facilities to fight the Boko Haram without imposing such law. “In fact, it is my idea that engaging the army might be like killing a fly with a hammer, because the Boko Haram is entrenched within the civilian population. A very good intelligence decision can fish them out one by one,” he said. “The Boko Haram group does not have the firepower; they only load a car with explosives somewhere and explode it. The Boko Haram members only need good policing; a well-equipped police, good intelligence can curtail their activities. And if the situation gets worse, get the officers in the armed forces to fish them out.”
Gumi further added that “Nigerians must live in peace; everyone needs good health, shelter, education and a better future for their children. We need tranquility. Leaders should not be
biased at all level; they should serve all Muslims, Christians, and in fact they should serve the whole country”.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/26/you-cannot-break-up-nigeria-sheikh-gumi-dares-boko-haram/

28 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Degis(m): 10:18am On May 26, 2013
Who is this fellow trying to sell this crap to?. Until, you dunderheads put your house in order Nigeria will continue to live near the precipice of Balkanization

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27am On May 26, 2013
No Jonathan no Nigeria. Abeg break up this marriage mek we go our ways jare. Nija must break by 2019 but any tin wey fit break am before 2019 is welcomed kwa

10 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by omaigala(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2013
IMO, I'd rather, the whole northern elders should come together and delegate people to meet with boko haram an1mals, tell them that evangelism only succeed through good deeds and acts, through standard life styles...

Let them know that verbal and peaceful jihad (evangelism) by talking to people one on one, through various media will yield more.

How can they kill people whom they haven't even preach to before?

Thank God I am a christian... Infact, those boko demons are delusional.

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by holyvirgin: 11:15am On May 26, 2013
Good! Extremists should not be allowed in our midst. For once sheik Gumi has spoken wisely, muslims should comeout in mass, kick against boko haram and whatsoever they believe in.
Supporting bokoharam does not potray islam as a true religion of peace.the earlier we hear more muslims condemn killings by islamic sects the better.

24 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2013
This guy remains the outspoken critic of boko haram in the north,I hope those guys don't get to him.Every northerner should condemn and fight this group before the army ruin their region,

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by hensben(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2013
20 boko haram shall fall dt day if dem cross naija lane ooo weh...un2 d mata open n close

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by killuminati(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2013
On point sir! But these hypocrites will soon come out here and start shouting Islam this, Islam that, 72 virgin this, 72 virgin that. They should all shut up!

8 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by superior1: 12:41pm On May 26, 2013
[size=13pt]I get really sick reading stuffs from deluded souls like Gumi, Asari etc. It is only in Nigeria that people who should be kept behind bars are allowed to comment on National issues in the dailies. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 26, 2013
paases thread,

comes back 2 steps,

sees 'Boko Haram'

dances off.
'panti no n'iro, onye nwe panti no n'iro.
abeg make northerners use dem head carry am.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by akorlade(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2013
Deceptions from the sheik! His father encourage killing of non muslims, so like wise has he done in his tafsir.
We know this clerics who speak from both side of the lips.

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by OneNaira6: 12:43pm On May 26, 2013
Who cares right now. Stop talking about break up for a second, even though I do want the country to break up, and focus on helping innocent people. Terrorism is like a infected cell. Save the people jor and stop focusing so much on whose going to rule come 2015, will the country break come 2015.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by donpizzle1: 12:43pm On May 26, 2013
how can u say BH aint well-equpped?
dey got d firearm to blow up africa inna bit....lwkm
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2013
Coward! When BH was flexing muscles, you didn't criticize them. Now the Army is containing the situation, you are barking like a hungry labrador. ***hisssss**

13 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 26, 2013
they would, if only they could. God is the one still holding Nigeria together. I dont know why i have the feeling that people like shiek are just trying to preserve the image of this religion when they actually know that islam encourages killing of "non believers".

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by PehaKaso: 12:44pm On May 26, 2013
As 4 me & my people, on Aburi Accord & Asari Dokubo's proclamations we stand

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 26, 2013
superior1: [size=13pt]I get really sick reading stuffs from deluded souls like Gumi, Asari etc. It is only in Nigeria that people who should be kept behind bars are allowed to comment on National issues in the dailies. [/size]

That is what you get when you vote bunch of asssholes to rule over you !

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by blueheart(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2013
Brave man
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 26, 2013
*claps 4 sheik gumi*but were u not d one acknowging dem last year*i. Am not mistaken

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by naptu2: 12:53pm On May 26, 2013

27 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by yyb14: 12:55pm On May 26, 2013
hbpeze: *claps 4 sheik gumi*but were u not d one acknowging dem last year*i. Am not mistaken
wrong, sheikh gumi has never supported BH

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by 190: 12:56pm On May 26, 2013
what is boko haram
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Bsmartt(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2013
Glory be to GOD.I am delighted to see islamic scholar like Dr Gumi condeming that act of terrorism all in the name of religion.may we see more imams and sheikhs coming out to preach against terror act...ameen

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Inik(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2013
Gumi while speaking with ewsmen at his Kaduna home avowed that the outlawed sect “cannot kill someone and expect peace; they will not live to enjoy the killings they did; they have only destroyed themselves”. “I am calling on all those killing people including the Boko Haram members to stop that; they are
destroying themselves, and they can never succeed,” he said.

Good point

The Boko Haram group does not have the firepower; they only load a car with explosives somewhere and explode it
Fat lie! Those animals have Rocket propelled grenades, anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns

The Boko Haram members only need good policing; a well-equipped police, good intelligence can curtail their activities.
Yea they need good policing so that they can destroy more police stations and kill more officers than they have done already

Leaders should not be biased at all level; they should serve all Muslims, Christians, and in fact they should serve the whole country”.
Preach this to your born to rule northern leaders and see if they won't eliminate you, go and tell Buhari this!

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Pennywise(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2013
I respect this man Sheik Gumi (perhaps the only sheik about whom I can say that). I am glad he is bold enough to call a spade by its proper name.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 26, 2013
Sheik, Please Allow Them to Break it Up. We need real Progress in the South.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Hadone(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2013
A TRUE MUSLIM WHO IS ALWAYS FEARLESS AND HONEST. KEEP IT UP! YOUR GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU DR AHMAD.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2013
I like the way he criticised the Boko Haram acts. But I need a clarification on the part where he said State of Emergency in Adamawa, Borno & Yobe States were politically inclined.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by mu2sa2: 1:23pm On May 26, 2013
Sheikh Gumi has always been a fierce critic of boko haram. Yes, good intelligence is necessary in counterinsurgency operation. But ordinary folks must be involved and that is not happening. Instead of recruting informants and paying them for risking their lives, JTF is killing civilians with reckless abandon, destroying their properties, even looting and rap!ng. Is it the same people they are killing and and abusing that they expect to supply intelligence on boko haram while the top brass share the one trillion naira defence budget?

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Akpaife(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]ok
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Akpaife(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
shocked shocked ok
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by SimeonIce(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
For the first time,a core northerner is speaking the whole truth...
Instead of giving place to sentimentality, religiousity, and ethno-centric parochialism, lets join hands and make nigeria great
I rest my case

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Not Tinubu Chose Gbajabiamila For Speaker - El-Rufai. / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari’s Comments Confirm Fraud In 2019 Polls / Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.