Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Religion And Sexuality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Sexuality (887 Views)

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. / Difference Between a Religion and a Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 26, 2013
removed pls
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Tpfkakambo(m): 2:07pm On May 26, 2013
wen there's a prblem Ppl blame God. Hav u considered d enemy of ur soul satan?
Y is it wrong? Cuz d One who designed u ddnt design u to sleep with a wmn.
In genesis it says He (male) shall leave his Father and Mother and they shall bcom 1, sexually i guess.
God made a help meet for adam, a wmn.
Nt a man.
Homosexuality is satanic and Devilish and intended to corrupt God's divine plan. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah 4 this peversion. It is a perversion-reject it in ur mind as such.
Theyve told u to pray, .....
First, know d truth bf prayg.
Dig into God's wrd , read about ppl who've overcome,
read about marraige and ask for revelation on d matter.

They told u try a d.ck and u did....
Yeah, so many clueless chrstians gvg advce. U just forncted .. Its equally bad.
Again, the truth not sex or prayer will set u free.
Like i said investgate God's will on d matter.
B convinced abt God's stand on d matter.
Make a choice whether 2 continue lesbian or adjust 2 God's way (God wnt frce u.)
if u choose to continue in God's way ... Then theyre some other thngs u can do to gain full and complete deliverance..
But it anchors on whether u really want 2 chnge or not..
Besides, wen u face a problem dnt in ur ignorance strt blamg God.. Thts insultg and disrespectful.
Besides its d devils gimmick to take ur attention of him ,the enemy, and attck ur Helper,God!
Dnt b ignorant of d devces of d enemy.
Theyre ppl who were like u bt today theyve been delivered and are now happily married to d opposite se.xx.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Religion And Sexuality by chucky101(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2013
Hetty, what about men turns you off?, scent, brashness, muscles....,what attracts you to females?
There are many straight men that are in touch with their feminine side, you'll think they are gay but they're not. Seek these ones out as dates.
It's great you want to please God, he sees your heart and will help your infirmity. Read Christian books on the subject, google xtians that have overcome this challenge. Let their testimonies inspire you and teach you the steps to emerge victorious.
Set your mind on pleasing God spirit, soul and body and victory will be yours. You'll be in a position to help out others who are going through the same thing after you succeed and I truly believe you can do it.
Stay Blessed
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 26, 2013
removed
Re: Religion And Sexuality by DeepSight(m): 3:38pm On May 26, 2013
Ritual se.xual copulation should be performed at the altar in places of worship, both churches and mosques and others, as Holy Communion in every service.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 26, 2013
I couldn't go to church today, the depression is becoming too unbearable for me. I dont understand why a loving God would bring me to this world to suffer and be unhappy, every minute of my life I always have this inside battle between my religion and s.exuality and its depresssing.

how can you tell me that I'm going to burn in hell for the rest of my life because I love my 23 year old daughter, and why do I feel so unhappy when I'm with other ladies. they say I have an evil spirit and my feelings are wrong and sinful so I keep on supressing it, living a lie and hurting people in the process.

they say its a choice, I started liking my daughter before I knew the meaning of incest bt if really its a choice then pls how do I unchoose it. Because the hate and the pain is becoming unbearable, so how do I unchoose it. they say I need prayers and deliverance, well I have done that.

I have cried countless times to God, I used to preach in my sunday school service u know. they say its the s.ex and I need a real womanliness, well I have had s.ex 3 timess with other ladies after my wife died all in the name of trying to change and I hate it.

when ever I come this close to accepting myself, my religion always pulls me back. I love jesus, I feel God is cruel though for putting me through this. I want sleep, a deep sleep. m a handsome unhappy man all because of my sexuality. the worst part is that theres no one to talk to, are there people like me? struggling with religion and sexuality?

If indeed you love Jesus then it shouldn't be too much to make some sacrifices for him
Re: Religion And Sexuality by DeepSight(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2013
^^^ How does rebelling against nature and not having se.x amount to a sacrifice for Jesus?
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi: I couldn't go to church today, the depression is becoming too unbearable for me. I dont understand why a loving God would bring me to this world to suffer and be unhappy, every minute of my life I always have this inside battle between my religion and s.exuality and its depresssing.

how can you tell me that I'm going to burn in hell for the rest of my life because I love my 23 year old daughter, and why do I feel so unhappy when I'm with other ladies. they say I have an evil spirit and my feelings are wrong and sinful so I keep on supressing it, living a lie and hurting people in the process.

they say its a choice, I started liking my daughter before I knew the meaning of incest bt if really its a choice then pls how do I unchoose it. Because the hate and the pain is becoming unbearable, so how do I unchoose it. they say I need prayers and deliverance, well I have done that.

I have cried countless times to God, I used to preach in my sunday school service u know. they say its the s.ex and I need a real womanliness, well I have had s.ex 3 timess with other ladies after my wife died all in the name of trying to change and I hate it.

when ever I come this close to accepting myself, my religion always pulls me back. I love jesus, I feel God is cruel though for putting me through this. I want sleep, a deep sleep. m a handsome unhappy man all because of my sexuality. the worst part is that theres no one to talk to, are there people like me? struggling with religion and sexuality?

If indeed you love Jesus then it shouldn't be too much to make some sacrifices for him
does my daughter give consent? so what should d fathet do?
Re: Religion And Sexuality by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2013
God is concerned about your s.exuality because he is fake or he was never able to get a girl... no wonder he is single eternally.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi: I couldn't go to church today, the depression is becoming too unbearable for me. I dont understand why a loving God would bring me to this world to suffer and be unhappy, every minute of my life I always have this inside battle between my religion and s.exuality and its depresssing.

does my daughter give consent? so what should d fathet do? ..
Re: Religion And Sexuality by DeepSight(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2013
@ OP, SORRY FOR MY EARLIER COMMENT, I DID NOT READ THROUGH YOUR POST PROPERLY.

I think you mentioned losing your wife. To some extent, I can see how grief can psycologically make you attracted to your daughter if she looks like and reminds you of your wife, who you feel such grief at losing. It can, I think, be nerve racking and debilitating to lose someone so special and also have their splitting image always with you in another person. I get that.

However, please, please, please and please, in the name of God resist this, and NEVER make the slightest suggestion of any intimacy to your daughter. Do this because you love her as a father. If you make any intimate overtures to her, it could destroy her psychologically and se.xually for life. Please be unselfish and stand away from such thoughts. Please.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: does my daughter give consent? so what should d fathet do?

The daughter is madly in love with the dad...
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: y not offer a solution

The solution you seek is there in my post...see my comment in red and make of it whatever you will...
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

The solution you seek is there in my post...see my comment in red and make of it whatever you will...
ok peace
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Tpfkakambo(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: I was taught that when the devil tries to destroy u, u turn to God. I cannot blame the devil cause I dnt serve him, I expect God to help me not the devil. except all what ve been taught wre lies, anyways thanks for the comment. bt I honestly dint get any help from it, just condemnation and telling me what I already know. peace

a typcl woman. U reply quickly and digest lightly.
I ddnt tell u wat u knew and frm ur response u'v already taken a stance - to pitch d blame on God 4 ur sexuality.
It pays to let God's wrd permeate u because wat i see is tht ur self righteous in ur eyes. Now u want to justify homosexuality and accuse God.. You r on own there.
"i was taught tht when d devil tries to destroy u turn to God".
And you've turned to him and He's deserted you, right. Complete d statement?
The bible says Resist the Devil and He will flee from you.
If ur xpectg God to tht fr u, ur wastg ur time. U dnt ask God to fight Satan for u? Ths is where many christians get it wrng.
The bible says u shd cast dwn imaginations and every thought tht EXALTS ITSELF against d knowledge of God. You,not God is to do it.
The tots strted as seeds Satan planted in ur mind and it grew and grew and ppl say pray abt it,f.ck a man,etc. But d strnghold is still there in ur mind- you ,if ur born again,is d one to take d wrd of God and the shield of faith to wage war against d battle 4 ur mind.

"i expect God to help me not d devil. Except all we'v been taught r lies"
God isnt helpg u . Poor girl, ur strugglg and God has frskn u .
Hw will God help u wen u thnk like this?
God has gvn u all u need to b victorious.the blood,the wrd the name of Jesus,the Holy spirit. But
frm ur attitude .. It's apparent u cant b helped. U dnt wnt to b helped u want 2 blame God.

Read d bible 4 urself and dnt just swallow anyman's interpretation.

"but i honestly didnt get any help frm it. Just condemnation and..."
i dnt xpct u to get any help frm ths either. It takes humilty to benefit frm gud advce.
U prob'ly wnt get any help frm NL either. And u prob'ly will blame God for ur predcament....
It's ur life.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 26, 2013
Deep Sight: @ OP, SORRY FOR MY EARLIER COMMENT, I DID NOT READ THROUGH YOUR POST PROPERLY.

I think you mentioned losing your wife. To some extent, I can see how grief can psycologically make you attracted to your daughter if she looks like and reminds you of your wife, who you feel such grief at losing. It can, I think, be nerve racking and debilitating to lose someone so special and also have their splitting image always with you in another person. I get that.

However, please, please, please and please, in the name of God resist this, and NEVER make the slightest suggestion of any intimacy to your daughter. Do this because you love her as a father. If you make any intimate overtures to her, it could destroy her psychologically and se.xually for life. Please be unselfish and stand away from such thoughts. Please.
dt father-daughter story is false, he was
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: dt father-daughter story is false, he was just trying to compare lesbianism with in.cest. the real story is the lesbian one, thanks.

Hmmm...you fail to see my intent...

This is not about comparing both but about the sacrifice everyone who profess to be in love with Christ must make...
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 26, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

I ddnt tell u wat u knew and frm ur response u'v already taken a stance - to pitch d blame on God 4 ur sexuality.
It pays to let God's wrd permeate u because wat i see is tht ur self righteous in ur eyes. Now u want to justify homosexuality and accuse God.. You r on own there.
If ur xpectg God to tht fr u, ur wastg ur time. U dnt ask God to fight Satan for u? Ths is where many christians get it wrng.
The bible says u shd cast dwn imaginations and every thought tht EXALTS ITSELF against d knowledge of God. You,not God is to do it.
The tots strted as seeds Satan planted in ur mind and it grew and grew and ppl say pray abt it,f.ck a man,etc. But d strnghold is still there in ur mind- you ,if ur born again,is d one to take d wrd of God and the shield of faith to wage war against d battle 4 ur mind.

God has gvn u all u need to b victorious.the blood,the wrd the name of Jesus,the Holy spirit. But
frm ur attitude .. It's apparent u cant b helped. U dnt wnt to b helped u want 2 blame God.

i dnt xpct u to get any help frm ths either. It takes humilty to benefit frm gud advce.
U prob'ly wnt get any help frm NL either. And u prob'ly will blame God for ur predcament....
It's ur life.
thanks but I still dint benefit anything from u,.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...you fail to see my intent...

This is not about comparing both but about the sacrifice everyone who profess to be in love with Christ must make...
I am making the sacrifice now, I want to continue making that sacrifice honestly. but its depresssing me and making me unhappy, and my flesh is now becoming too weak.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: I am making the sacrifice now, I want to continue making that sacrifice honestly. but its depresssing me and making me unhappy, and my flesh is now becoming too weak.

Hetty, it is great that you have made the choice to make the sacrifice because of your love for Christ...

Understand that we can't have all that we want in life no matter how much we have, we will always want more...humans are insatiable by nature...we just have to put a ceiling to our desires if we really want to live happy.

Our flesh always wants to have its way but there comes a time we need to show it who is boss...if you allow your desires to have the better part of you then it won't be worth it...

I have seen someone hang himself because of one of his desires: gaining admission in school...he couldn't handle this anymore and had to let go...this really is the cowardly way out for that individual...

It is possible to live life without getting all we want in life and be happy...note that it is not only about prayers...praying without making concrete efforts will get you nowhere...pray, work and fight your depression...being depressed over this is not worth it...
Re: Religion And Sexuality by DeepSight(m): 4:34pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: dt father-daughter story is false, he was just trying to compare lesbianism with in.cest. the real story is the lesbian one, thanks.

Ok, sorry. I think I have had too much wine and not reading posts through. . . . . G'luck!
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Hetty, it is great that you have made the choice to make the sacrifice because of your love for Christ...

Understand that we can't have all that we want in life no matter how much we have, we will always want more...humans are insatiable by nature...we just have to put a ceiling to our desires if we really want to live happy.

Our flesh always wants to have its way but there comes a time we need to show it who is boss...if you allow your desires to have the better part of you then it won't be worth it...

I have seen someone hang himself because of one of his desires: gaining admission in school...he couldn't handle this anymore and had to let go...this really is the cowardly way out for that individual...

It is possible to live life without getting all we want in life and be happy...note that it is not only about prayers...praying without making concrete efforts will get you nowhere...pray, work and fight your depression...being depressed over this is not worth it...
thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I will keep on trying, God help me.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 26, 2013
Hettymoore: thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I will keep on trying, God help me.

No P! God help us all...it is never easy but very possible...

Keep your chin up!
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 26, 2013
Tpfkakambo: wen there's a prblem Ppl blame God. Hav u considered d enemy of ur soul satan?
Y is it wrong? Cuz d One who designed u ddnt design u to sleep with a wmn.
In genesis it says He (male) shall leave his Father and Mother and they shall bcom 1, sexually i guess.
God made a help meet for adam, a wmn.
Nt a man.
Homosexuality is satanic and Devilish and intended to corrupt God's divine plan. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah 4 this peversion. It is a perversion-reject it in ur mind as such.
Theyve told u to pray, .....
First, know d truth bf prayg.
Dig into God's wrd , read about ppl who've overcome,
read about marraige and ask for revelation on d matter.

They told u try a d.ck and u did....
Yeah, so many clueless chrstians gvg advce. U just forncted .. Its equally bad.
Again, the truth not sex or prayer will set u free.
Like i said investgate God's will on d matter.
B convinced abt God's stand on d matter.
Make a choice whether 2 continue lesbian or adjust 2 God's way (God wnt frce u.)
if u choose to continue in God's way ... Then theyre some other thngs u can do to gain full and complete deliverance..
But it anchors on whether u really want 2 chnge or not..
Besides, wen u face a problem dnt in ur ignorance strt blamg God.. Thts insultg and disrespectful.
Besides its d devils gimmick to take ur attention of him ,the enemy, and attck ur Helper,God!
Dnt b ignorant of d devces of d enemy.
Theyre ppl who were like u bt today theyve been delivered and are now happily married to d opposite se.xx.

What you're actually saying is that the supposed enemy is stronger than God, and gets hold of us even before we know about the enemy's existence. Funny.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 26, 2013
masonk dts my email. contact me ok
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 26, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

It's ur life.

I'm really hoping God doesn't think like you do. A God will create you and leave you to the hands of the so called enemy and expect you to find your way back to him. Oh yes! For your sake too, I hope you're totally a born again stain-free Christian.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Tpfkakambo(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2013
masonkz:

What you're actually saying is that the supposed enemy is stronger than God, and gets hold of us even before we know about the enemy's existence. Funny.

you read all i said and came up with this summary?
Shw where i "was tryg to say tht satan is stronger thn God".
If I was sayng tht wud i ask commend her to God?
Re: Religion And Sexuality by Tpfkakambo(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2013
masonkz:

I'm really hoping God doesn't think like you do. A God will create you and leave you to the hands of the so called enemy and expect you to find your way back to him. Oh yes! For your sake too, I hope you're totally a born again stain-free Christian.

mayb u want 2 pamper d poster because wen u read a post but filter it to ur biase ur speakg frm ur dstrtion not mine. U hope i'm born-again. U hope many thngs.
Its clear u cant read anythg objectvely.
Ur frst comment gave u away.
Re: Religion And Sexuality by manmustwac(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2013
Since the poster has removed his original post I have decided to lock this topic

(1)

Do We Go To Heaven When We Die? / Uyi Iredia, Please Clarify Your Comments On Saudi Arabia!! / Virgin Mary- The Idol Catholics Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.