Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? (1300 Views)

Nairaland Moderators! Why Was I Banned? / Moderators Why Are My Beauty Threads Moved To Culture Section? / Dear Moderators, Why Have U Banned My Bb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 26, 2013
I logged into NL on Friday 24th May, tried to post a comment only to discover I was banned by Sexkillz around 10am the previous day for allegedly violating rule 2, and the ban was supposed to expire on 26th May (ie 3days ban). I was shocked. That was my first ban since joining NL.

But for one hidden post, all my posts on that fateful day were within the rules. As for the hidden post, I cant recall the exact words in it but definitely nothing to warrant 3days ban.

I have been a member of this forum for about 9months now, with close to 250 topics and over 2,000 posts to my credit, mostly in politics section but also in health. I have written several reports and breaking news exclusive to NL. I have been driven all this while by the excitement of being a member of this great forum. But that excitement has been dampened by this unwarranted ban and needless show of power by Sexkillz.

I have been very careful to play by the rules of this forum because naturally I'm a law abiding individual. I'm not known for raining abuses on others, rather others rain abuses on my ID.

I am at a loss as to the rationale behind appointing someone with no pedigree nor history of significant activity in the politics section as a moderator. I cannot make any sense of such decision.

Here are some questions for Sexkillz and other moderators. Assuming there was something wrong with the post, for which I was banned, is 3days the commensurate punishment? Is hidden post not also a form of punishment? Why was there no prior warning on that particular day or at any time in the past? Why was the ban effected like 2hrs after the hidden post? Was the ban an after-thought?

I have read the NL rules again and again, but no where was it stated that any violation attracts a ban. I would expect that for some violations, hidden post, should be sufficient. While ban for hours or days should be reserved for serious violations or serial offenders. So how did Sexkillz arrive at the 3days ban slammed on Sincere 9gerian? Was it a witch hunt? Or was it an abitrary show of power by a despotic, power drunk and overly excited moderator?

I challenge Sexkillz to reproduce the post for which I was banned for all to see and justify the 3days ban.

And for Seun, just a piece of advice. I perfectly understand the need to check bad behaviour on this forum but that has to be done professionally and with decorum. NL is a great forum but the owner and management should always remember that NL exist because its members.

1 Like

Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Heyliesha(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2013
who is SEXKIlZ?plz
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Sibrah: 3:44pm On May 26, 2013
They couldn't stand your level of Sincerity.

1 Like

Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by SincereBigot: 3:51pm On May 26, 2013
its End time sad
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by malc619(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2013
Stop whining like a little girl...

I'm serving a ban that expires in June courtesy of Sexkid as well, so kini big deal??

If you don't wanna do the time, then don't do d crime....ok??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Gboliwe: 3:54pm On May 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I logged into NL on Friday 24th May, tried to post a comment only to discover I was banned by Sexkillz around 10am the previous day for allegedly violating rule 2, and the ban was supposed to expire on 26th May (ie 3days ban). I was shocked. That was my first ban since joining NL.

But for one hidden post, all my posts on that fateful day were within the rules. As for the hidden post, I cant recall the exact words in it but definitely nothing to warrant 3days ban.

I have been a member of this forum for about 9months now, with close to 300 topics and over 2,000 posts to my credit, mostly in politics section but also in health. I have written several reports and breaking news exclusive to NL. I have been driven all this while by the excitement of being a member of this great forum. But that excitement has been dampened by this unwarranted ban and needless show of power by Sexkillz.

I have been very careful to play by the rules of this forum because naturally I'm a law abiding individual. I'm not known for raining abuses on others, rather others rain abuses on my ID.

I am at a loss as to the rationale behind appointing someone with no pedigree nor history of significant activity in the politics section as a moderator. I cannot make any sense of such decision.

I have some questions for Sexkillz and other moderators. Assuming there was something wrong with the post, for which I was banned, is 3days the commensurate punishment? Is hidden post not also a form of punishment? Why was there no prior warning on that particular day or at any time in the past? Why was the ban effected like 2hrs after the hidden post? Was the ban an after-thought?

I have read the NL rules again and again, but no where was it stated that any violation attracts a ban. I would expect that for some violations, hidden post, should be sufficient. While ban for hours or days should be reserved for serious violations or serial offenders. So how did Sexkillz arrive at the 3days ban slammed on Sincere 9gerian? Was it a witch hunt? Or was it an abitrary show of power by a despotic, power drunk and overtly excited moderator?

I challenge Sexkillz to reproduce the post for which I was banned for all to see.

And for Seun, just a piece of advice. I perfectly understand the need to check bad behaviour on this forum but that has to be done professionally and with decorum. NL is a great forum but you should always remember that it exist because of members.
i feel your pain. This being your first ban should have warranted atleast a warning and a mild few hours ban. The troublemakers are the ones who should be banned for long days and refused further registration

1 Like

Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 26, 2013
Exactly the position I found myself. I don't know who brought that guy to moderate politics section. He should be better off in romance. Continue your stampede on traffic generating members & you'll soon find yourself unemployed.

By the way, where is Ikenna?
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 26, 2013
malc619: Stop whining like a little girl...

I'm serving a ban that expires in June courtesy of Sexkid as well, so kini big deal??

If you don't wanna do the time, then don't do d crime....ok??

cheesy cheesy cheesy
What crime? I didn't commit any crime. Your ban maybe justified but mine cannot be justified. I cant stand injustice

Anyway, the essence of this thread really is to draw attention to the bad behaviour of some moderators.

1 Like

Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by holyvirgin: 4:09pm On May 26, 2013
Sexkillz and his wahala. He was employed by seun to ban and unban people, I wonder how much seun pays him. He is trying hard to increase the number of people banned on politics section so that he wins this year award of best mod. I heard awards are given based on number of monickers banned till infinity.
sorry Ifeanyi, welcome to the club of banned monickers may be you actually attacked a girl he was trying hard to impress, not far from the reason you were banned.
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by isetilaye: 4:11pm On May 26, 2013
with time everybody go find his or her on square root
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 26, 2013
Sibrah: They couldn't stand your level of Sincerity.

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2013
LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Wut a loser!
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by dougivilla(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I logged into NL on Friday 24th May, tried to post a comment only to discover I was banned by Sexkillz around 10am the previous day for allegedly violating rule 2, and the ban was supposed to expire on 26th May (ie 3days ban). I was shocked. That was my first ban since joining NL.

I have been a member of this forum for about 9months now, with close to 250 topics and over 2,000 posts to my credit, mostly in politics section but also in health. I have written several reports and breaking news exclusive to NL. I have been driven all this while by the excitement of being a member of this great forum. But that excitement has been dampened by this unwarranted ban and needless show of power by Sexkillz.

Here are some questions for Sexkillz and other moderators. Assuming there was something wrong with the post, for which I was banned, is 3days the commensurate punishment? Is hidden post not also a form of punishment? Why was there no prior warning on that particular day or at any time in the past? Why was the ban effected like 2hrs after the hidden post? Was the ban an after-thought?

I have read the NL rules again and again, but no where was it stated that any violation attracts a ban. I would expect that for some violations, hidden post, should be sufficient. While ban for hours or days should be reserved for serious violations or serial offenders. So how did Sexkillz arrive at the 3days ban slammed on Sincere 9gerian? Was it a witch hunt? Or was it an abitrary show of power by a despotic, power drunk and overly excited moderator?

I challenge Sexkillz to reproduce the post for which I was banned for all to see and justify the 3days ban.

And for Seun, just a piece of advice. I perfectly understand the need to check bad behaviour on this forum but that has to be done professionally and with decorum. NL is a great forum but the owner and management should always remember that NL exist because its members.
Pele. Shit happens. But seun must take the piece of advice seriously. NL exists because of its members. I have personally followed sincere9gerian since he joined NL and and observe that his sincere opinions are sometimes misunderstood or hijacked by the opposing voices who rain abuses on him and are hardly banned.

i do not think that a ban without any previous warning should be encouraged. Moreso, there should for the sake of objectivity be a way of reveiwing members complaints, and explaining or tendering apology where necessary. And a sysytem that will also moderate the moderators or ban the unjustified and persistently biased, partisan or controversial 'banners'.
Re: Despotic Moderators: Why Was Sincere 9gerian Banned For 3days? by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:21pm On May 27, 2013
dougivilla: Pele. Shit happens. But seun must take the piece of advice seriously. NL exists because of its members. I have personally followed sincere9gerian since he joined NL and and observe that his sincere opinions are sometimes misunderstood or hijacked by the opposing voices who rain abuses on him and are hardly banned.

i do not think that a ban without any previous warning should be encouraged. Moreso, there should for the sake of objectivity be a way of reveiwing members complaints, and explaining or tendering apology where necessary. And a sysytem that will also moderate the moderators or ban the unjustified and persistently biased, partisan or controversial 'banners'.

I am only in support of this if Maclatunji is banned.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Marvin Family As They Arrive Heathrow For London Show / Who Else Remember These Bottles? / Complaint- Why Was I Banned From Family Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.