Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39120 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

My dear,

Read the Bible yourself and don't let any misogynist deceive you with their half baked theories. God describes a man cheating as carrying coals of fire in his laps; says that a man who sleeps with a woman is one with her spiritually; that a man who engages in adultery is going to his destruction.

As a matter of fact, the Bible dwelt more with adultery on the male side than female side.

Nobody is deceiving me. I'm loving the topic because it makes me see how some men really think.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:54pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

A BIG YES.

Men get carried away with what they see but women don't. It takes a lot to get a woman in bed. Her heart must have been off from her hubby before such thing can ever happen.

Are you really a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

My dear,

Read the Bible yourself and don't let any misogynist deceive you with their half baked theories. God describes a man cheating as carrying coals of fire in his laps; says that a man who sleeps with a woman is one with her spiritually; that a man who engages in adultery is going to his destruction.

As a matter of fact, the Bible dwelt more with adultery on the male side than female side.
HALF BAKED THEORY ? WATCH THIS WORLD REKNOWNED DOCTOR EXPLAIN HOW SEVERAL TYPES OF SPE-RM DESTROYS WOMENS BODY. ALONG THE SAME LINES OF WHAT I JUST EXPLAINED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4horRfoVg
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:55pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

Nobody is deceiving me. I'm loving the topic because it makes me see how some men really think.

Lol! It's really eye opening shocked
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 5:55pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

And you keep quiet!

And where did she support infidelity? I guess it is not a shame for a married men to cheat right?

And who are the serial cheats?

Once again, KEEP QUIET!
madam you are a woman like i am. Pls for the love of God stop this advocation for immorality. It is wrong period!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 28, 2013
Yes! And painfully father bastards too! Nonsense!!!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:57pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you really a Christian?

It seems you can't draw a line between objectivity and dogmatism.

If it will make you feel ok then i am a PAGAN.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mbulela: 5:58pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

A BIG YES.

Men get carried away with what they see but women don't. It takes a lot to get a woman in bed. Her heart must have been off from her hubby before such thing can ever happen.
I just tire.
May my sisters not fall in to the hand of mysogynistic men like you.
I just tire for your logic.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 5:59pm On May 28, 2013
I'd confidently beg my husband not to forgive me for deliberately and cleverly opening my legs for another man. Haba let us have conscience now does it not even irritate you as a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by dealslip(f): 6:00pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Remorseful?
Big laugh. Would you not be if you were caught red handed?
Are armed robbers not remorseful when they are caught?
C'mon man.
The problem with we Africans, perhaps especially Nigerians, is the we always put sentiments where they do not belong.
We always put the square peg in the round hole.
For a woman to commit adultery requires long serious forethought. Before a woman contemplates such actions, she has to mentally damn her husband and convince herself that her husband deserved the damnation and humiliation.
Secondly, by the time the husband had discovered, she would have been doing it for a very long time.
Thirdly, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Fourth, if you ever ever forgive a cheating wife, you are forever doomed.
You will drop to minus zero in her eyes.
You would have given her all the powers she only dreamed of. She will completely emasculate you and turn you into a vegetable of your former self.

Let god do the forgiving for that kind of stuff. You are not god. You are human.
Oh please shut up. Whether a woman thinks deeply or a man was impulsive. Adultery is adultery.the bottom line is as a human can you forgive your spouse. What is all that story about gods. Are those women who forgave their erring husbands God. When a woman cheats it is a grave offence but when men do its considered impulsive, catching fun and all sorts of lame excuses. God has not lowered his stance on Adultery and no seperate judgement for men

9 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:00pm On May 28, 2013
Decryptor: Ok...meaning it's cool for a woman to commit adultery right?

Where did I say it is cool for a woman to commit adultery? What is cool about breaking one's martial vows and ruining ones marriage to both men and women?

I was referring to those men and women who are twisting the Bible to suit their prejudice.

It's like saying the Bible is silent on cigarettes therefore it is not wrong or because Jacob cheated Esau and God still regarded it, there is nothing wrong with cheating.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by jeffizy(m): 6:00pm On May 28, 2013
eleojoemm: . Ђσω do you forgive a pre-meditated one-time slip?
A slip is never pre-meditated.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 6:01pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: I'd confidently beg my husband not to forgive me for deliberately and cleverly opening my legs for another man. Haba let us have conscience now does it not even irritate you as a woman.

Ask them please.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toppiano(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2013
Ordinarily in this kind of scenario, FORGIVENESS IS SIN!

I'm married and whenever I feel adventurous I remember the VOW @ THE ALTAR in the presence of GOD AND EVERYONE and I checked myself. God forbid, if I caught my spouse red-handed it is GAME OVER.

I will forgive her but no 2nd chance. Every of responsibilities I owe her will be still be maintained (as a philanthropist) but not as a wife anymore. She can go and remarry if she so desires but I will not remarry so SHE will not think I was looking for excuse before.

case closed. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:04pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

It seems you can't draw a line between objectivity and dogmatism.

If it will make you feel ok then i am a PAGAN.

Oh really?

You are a Christian and you talk of tormenting your wife bla bla. I am not saying it is easy to forgive people or offend us but that is why we are different.

Some people have deliberately hurt me but I have realized I must forgive and not harbor hatred or bitterness if I want God to forgive and listen to me. I have prayed, cried etc. to God to help me forgive them. God has a standard. If I died without forgiving, I am going to hell. Those people can look at my corpse and decide to repent. Who is the loser? grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 28, 2013
Women get pregnant, men don't. If your wife cheats pls forgive her, but ur kids might not be urs. The worst is a woman cheating while pregnant. Kai.
and for those that want to twist my words, I don't condone men cheating either. A woman adulterer is worse for the community.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:07pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: I'd confidently beg my husband not to forgive me for deliberately and cleverly opening my legs for another man. Haba let us have conscience now does it not even irritate you as a woman.

Look, we do not care about the discourse your have with your hubby.

It's women like you who give men the confidence to sleep about.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by dealslip(f): 6:07pm On May 28, 2013

Please Madam are you an angel. You are the type that reduces the value of women. Anybody can be carried away. Would you forgive your husband if he deliberately and cleverly inserts his choclate stick in another creamy pot, ignoring the fact that anither person would be deeply hurt. Add moire value to your life. One mistake shouldn't make you worthless forever now. Haba

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by claremont(m): 6:08pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:
Is it not one's moral and religious duty to hold adults accountable for their deliberate misdeeds?

Op. Get this woman as far away from you as possible as soon as possible. You may then begin to forgive her long after she is gone from your life, not now.
On point! I wouldn't expect her to forgive me if I choose to have another bird on the side, so she shouldn't expect me to forgive her as well.

As sanctimonious as the Christian God is painted, he/she has still not forgiven the devil even though many of us have been interceding on the devil's behalf for donkey years now! grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:08pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: madam you are a woman like i am. Pls for the love of God stop this advocation for immorality. It is wrong period!!!!!

If you do not understand English, don't quote me.

Where in this six paged thread did I condone infidelity or advocate it?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:09pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

U cld have passed your message across without insulting.
i sinceeely apologise. I just find it rather disgusting to fly the legs open for different men. And u and i know that before that transpires a woman will typically weigh the odds subsequently damning the sanctity of marraige, her conscience and the consequences. Tnk u
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Decryptor(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: madam you are a woman like i am. Pls for the love of God stop this advocation for immorality. It is wrong period!!!!!
It's possible she is one of the numerous type who will be married but still be lusting after other guys. I had about 3 of them on my BBM list who just saw me and started having hot pants and funny enough, i just led them on for sometime just to amuse myself and wondered at amazement till i got tired of it all and deleted them. It was and is still scary that i fear to even get married!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

If you do not understand English, don't quote me.

Where in this six paged thread did I condone infidelity or advocate it?

Lol! English is apparently many people's problem here.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 28, 2013
claremont:
On point! I wouldn't expect her to forgive me if I choose to have another bird on the side, so she shouldn't expect me to forgive her as well.

End of discussion!!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UyiIredia(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2013
It depends on the situation. An unrepentant wife wouldn't be forgiven while there is room for forgiveness in a repentant spouse. One should note the fact that some spouses tolerate adultery (for reasons such as financial gain and non-chalance) or even encourage it (by [url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swinging]'swinging'[/url])
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by hardbody: 6:15pm On May 28, 2013
albridge: When a mans trust in his wife is betrayed by her having affairs with other men and he caught her red handed with a man on top of her should he still stay married to her or divorce her? Is there a place for christian forgiveness in such a case?

Must the man be on top of her? Does it matter who is on top and who is below or the style and position you caught her on?. If the position does not matter then it adds nothing to the question. To the answer, forgiveness is a prerogative of the hurt party, to forgive or not to forgive will depend on what the man feels and this could also be further dependent on what he expects and the possibility of a repeat. I am aware however that the law and the holy book allows a hurt party to sue for a divorce on grounds of adultery. However, the hurt party should know that once he resumes knacking the adulteress, even if it is only once, he has waived his right to divorce on grounds of adultery.

I think i will forgive an adulterous wife. I will rationalize that there is something i have not done right which might have led her into it, we will work together towards resolving and ensuring it does not happen again.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
hardbody:

Must the man be on top of her? Does it matter who is on top and who is below or the style and position you caught her on?. If the position does not matter then it adds nothing to the question. To the answer, forgiveness is a prerogative of the hurt party, to forgive or not to forgive will depend on what the man feels and this could also be further dependent on what he expects and the possibility of a repeat. I am aware however that the law and the holy book allows a hurt party to sue for a divorce on grounds of adultery. However, the hurt party should know that once he resumes knacking the adulteress, even if it is only once, he has waived his right to divorce on grounds of adultery.

I think i will forgive an adulterous wife. I will rationalize that there is something i have not done right which might have led her into it, we will work together towards resolving and ensuring it does not happen again.

I pray such is never happen to you. It's very painful and really the end of the sacred relationship called marriage.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mbulela: 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: I'd confidently beg my husbandwife not to forgive me for deliberately and cleverly opening my legs for another man woman. Haba let us have conscience now does it not even irritate you as a woman.
Adultery is bad,whether committed by a man or a woman. None is worse.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
Forgiveness is love in its most noble form but note she may eventually pay for your coffin cos the easiest way to die is by keeping an adulterous wife!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UyiIredia(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
Decryptor: It's possible she is one of the numerous type who will be married but still be lusting after other guys. I had about 3 of them on my BBM list who just saw me and started having hot pants and funny enough, i just led them on for sometime just to amuse myself and wondered at amazement till i got tired of it all and deleted them. It was and is still scary that i fear to even get married!

Na so you fine reach !

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by dealslip(f): 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: madam pls can u shut up and stop degrading the sanctity of marraige...jeeez it is a bloody filthy shame for a married woman to cheat. Pls can all these lousy serial cheats just shut up and say what ur heart knows is simply wrong.

Madam can i ask a question. is it ok for men to cheat since the sancity of upholding marriage appears to be the sole duty of women. A straight yes or no will be perfect.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: i sinceeely apologise. I just find it rather disgusting to fly the legs open for different men. And u and i know that before that transpires a woman will typically weigh the odds subsequently damning the sanctity of marraige, her conscience and the consequences. Tnk u

It's okay. smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? / Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation / May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.