Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (644573 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by ezeigbo194(m): 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
repogirl: smiley , thanks much, good to know you enjoyed the story, follow this link to read that part http://pejuamadi..com/2013/07/false-pretenses-24.html
thanks anty repo u r d best....muah....
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by captainnigeria(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hey repo how's the baby is he still in the tummy or have u put to bed.so i need ur opinion on something.have u ever tried to umm write a thriller.i'm thinking of doing something like that.any advice
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
captainnigeria: Hey repo how's the baby is he still in the tummy or have u put to bed.so i need ur opinion on something.have u ever tried to umm write a thriller.i'm thinking of doing something like that.any advice
hi capt. Nigeria, bin a while, yeah I put to bed four months ago and she's doing good.

writing a thriller, hmmmm...you know I'm more of a romance person, I have never written one so I'm not sure if I'm the right person to ask.

I guess you enjoy reading and watching thrillers and that's why you chose to write in that genre, that's a start.... Well, first of all, do your research, google up how to write a thriller that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

try to draw readers into your story by explaining as vividly as you can core scenes, don't over explain sha, you could lose a reader's interest. Let readers fall in love with your lead characters, let them feel whatever difficult situation the protagonist is going through, make them love/hate the antagonist. Its all in the words and delivery.

that's d little I have but am sure google can do better, I'll be looking forward to reading your work so tag me when you begin.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by captainnigeria(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
repogirl: hi capt. Nigeria, bin a while, yeah I put to bed four months ago and she's doing good.

writing a thriller, hmmmm...you know I'm more of a romance person, I have never written one so I'm not sure if I'm the right person to ask.

I guess you enjoy reading and watching thrillers and that's why you chose to write in that genre, that's a start.... Well, first of all, do your research, google up how to write a thriller that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

try to draw readers into your story by explaining as vividly as you can core scenes, don't over explain sha, you could lose a reader's interest. Let readers fall in love with your lead characters, let them feel whatever difficult situation the protagonist is going through, make them love/hate the antagonist. Its all in the words and delivery.

that's d little I have but am sure google can do better, I'll be looking forward to reading your work so tag me when you begin.

thanks I'll try what u said and some other stuff although I am not gonna put it on nairaland
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by captainnigeria(m): 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
repogirl: hi capt. Nigeria, bin a while, yeah I put to bed four months ago and she's doing good.

thanks I'll try what u said and some other stuff although I am not gonna put it on nairaland.oh and my regards to the baby
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Mj45: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ride on, R girl.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Kaymania(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mayor46: Pls mine is oyeyemi46@gmail.com, I also need it
Repogirl

i also nid it,,..Kaymania1@gmail.com..
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Chikabel: 2:21am On Aug 21, 2014
Wow! That's all I can say. Kept reading till the very end! You are the bomb, repogirl. This is quite a masterpiece. Bravo!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by MhizEnkay(f): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
I know its been a while since you posted this story.. But I just got here.. I'd like to say thumbs up. You're a wonderful writer. And two, there are people all over claiming they wrote this book. I dont know if you're doing anything about it..
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 6:11am On Sep 02, 2014
MhizEnkay: I know its been a while since you posted this story.. But I just got here.. I'd like to say thumbs up. You're a wonderful writer. And two, there are people all over claiming they wrote this book. I dont know if you're doing anything about it..
hi mhizEnkay, thanks much, could you kindly send me the links of the claimers? Thanks.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by tumaraya: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
When Will this wonderful be Complete nao. Pls Repogirl do Something.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
tumaraya: When Will this wonderful be Complete nao. Pls Repogirl do Something.
the story has been completed, final chapter on my blog http://pejuamadi..com
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by oghenekome51(f): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
repogirl, ur story is so wonderful, i luv it so much............. Thank u
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
oghenekome51: repogirl, ur story is so wonderful, i luv it so much............. Thank u
you're welcome dear, glad you enjoyed it!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by embsyNEWS: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Just read this piece the 8th time!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2014
embsyNEWS: Just read this piece the 8th time!
cheesy
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by TrishaP(f): 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Jeez when are u dropping a new story for us @repo. Really missed reading ur kind of stories.
And for the "one that awaits" been waiting for that. Literature section has been boring to me without ur stories. smiley
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
TrishaP: Jeez when are u dropping a new story for us @repo. Really missed reading ur kind of stories.
And for the "one that awaits" been waiting for that. Literature section has been boring to me without ur stories. smiley
yeah TrishaP, not been able to coordinate myself yet, my hands are full at the moment, and writing has been relegated to the back burner...but I will be back just not sure when exactly.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hi ya guys, how y'all been? It sure has been a loooooong while. Well I kinda went off the writing rail road but I'm back now! Yay! And I have even more good news.
A few of you-actually, quite a lot of you have asked me for where to read my first story on NL 'one who awaits' and I have replied that it was pulled off for publishing purposes. Well, guess what?

Its back! Yes, back! I decided to put it up once again for your reading pleasure, isn't that some great news?

Yeah? So pls go on over to this link and you'll see my stories along with that of some of your favorite NL writers. You'll be thrilled, I promise you, check us out at http://www.nairawriters.com/category/best-of-repogirl/

One who awaits is now finding happiness, please read and enjoy and don't forget to drop your comments. See y'all there! wink

especially you TrishaP! grin, I expect you to be the first one there.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by TrishaP(f): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
repogirl:
Hi ya guys, how y'all been? It sure has been a loooooong while. Well I kinda went off the writing rail road but I'm back now! Yay! And I have even more good news.
A few of you-actually, quite a lot of you have asked me for where to read my first story on NL 'one who awaits' and I have replied that it was pulled off for publishing purposes. Well, guess what?

Its back! Yes, back! I decided to put it up once again for your reading pleasure, isn't that some great news?

Yeah? So pls go on over to this link and you'll see my stories along with that of some of your favorite NL writers. You'll be thrilled, I promise you, check us out at http://www.nairawriters.com/category/best-of-repogirl/

One who awaits is now finding happiness, please read and enjoy and don't forget to drop your comments. See y'all there! wink

especially you TrishaP! grin, I expect you to be the first one there.
grin I'm glad u know I'm ur number one fan. Thanks, Atleast I've seen what would keep me busy for a wyl.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by kingphilip(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
hi y'all anty repogirl is back with a new piece titled forever and for always do join ha over here
https://www.nairaland.com/1970624/forever-always-story-repogirl
TrishaP
Munner
Tonetonz
Noblemarce
Melancholy
Belbest
Angelsit
papindinho
LaRochelle
queenchizzy
joshmoy
poccahunter
Veevien
nabsprada
Hadeehart101
Olatara
Cestmoi1
captainnigeria
losprince
okalo
labaski
Flakeey
Svelte98
ezeigbo194
Mj45
Kaymania
MhizEnkay
oghenekome51
embsyNEWS

2 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
Kingphillip grin, thanks for doing the needful.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for this kingphilipsmiley

Good to have you back aunty Repogirl,smileyfollowing right away!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Melancholy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
My man kingphilip thank u for the notice cos non of us can afford to miss madam repogirl write up ooo. But kingphilip y u con be my major contender for bagging that future award of best follower and commenter nau? Lolz
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by kingphilip(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2014
anty repogirl that's d least I can do since I can't pay

nabsprada: uwc dear.. enjoy the best

Melancholy: e tire me too o.. abeg leave am for me nw
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Scapashini3(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2014
Mynd44:

You need to understand na.....I am doing this according to laid down rules which are not mine......

Relaxing them for one person means doing that for everyone.....
leave mynd abeg. . . He has got attitude problems. I see the way he pulls himself around everywhere. I have not even see sexuality here sef. . . .if he labels this 1 as sexuality, then what is N.Y.S.C??
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Scapashini3(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2014
Mynd44:

Sexuality is part of literature, nudîty is an art too but there are age restrictions on things like that. This section is rated "G" which makes kids comfortable here. Their parents also trust us with the content they read so we should be responsible in that regard.

I won't want my 13 year old cousin who wants to develop her writing skills to come here and start reading stories that touch somewhere else.

The sexuality section however is a different case
13yrs my ass' . . . Writing skill my foot
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Scapashini3(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2014
What happened to vicky and moss?? Were they caught?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2014
Scapashini3:
What happened to vicky and moss?? Were they caught?
hi, scapashini3, u should go read the concluding chapter on the blog. Thanks. http://pejuamadi..com/?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by unilever(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nice story, nice write up. Just getting to the end. Thanks Repogirl
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by DonaldYusuf(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Repogirl. Repogirl. Reporgirl. Let me tell you something.
I don't usually visit the literature section on nairaland, my place is the business section. If you check my profile you would notice that. But something happend last week...

After the close of business last week i needed to relax, so i picked my phone and checked Nairaland's front page. I wanted to read something entertaining so i saw your story about Mofe and Zinny (can't remember the title now).

I started reading and immediately got hooked. I liked the character Mofe or Mope (as Aliyu calls him) maybe because he is a tech guy, a CEO and enterpreneur.

I enjoyed myself and decided to check your profile for other stories. I then picked FALSE PRETENSE since i saw it won an award.

Immediately i started reading FALSE PRETENSE i was unusually hooked and read it from 5pm on Saturday 8th November till 3am on Sunday morning before going to bed. I woke up and prepared for church.

Later that sunday afte having lunch with a friend i continued from where i stopped...i was even gisting my friend the story.

And now i had to suspend other things to finish up the story (thank God i am the boss like Ise).

To cut long story short, you are a GREAT writer.

PS. Ensure you publish that story. I was begining to dislike Kite or Kitty or Kite luv for the way she was treating my fellow CEO. Nice one Repogirl.

PSS. I will continue with Mofe and Zinny story later. Once again,ensure you get published.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.