Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (36495 Views)

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
adaobi123: Goat meat on delta ?!?!? Since when ? Lol

I don dey fly delta since 2008..and yes they have serve me goat meat. "Beef or goat" she asked me. I opt for goat meat. But it was small small fried pieces of meat. I hope you are not thinking of the size of meat you arrange with your eba at home grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nuzo1(m): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

My list took into consideration transit... Some transits can be as long as 6hours, what do you do then?

True!
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by chidaddy1198(m): 12:10am On Jun 28, 2013
Your Bible is also very important

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 28, 2013
grin
ighoosagie:
come wit :
1)one bag of garri,
2)two bottles of peanut (ground-nut),
3) 30kg weight of kuli kuli,
4) 4 packs of sugar.
5) 10 sachets of cowbell.
People dey talk u wan still talk, as if u don enter above keke nape.
Open ur mouth Mk I fart put.
Metcheew
hahahahahahahahahaha grin
ighoosagie:
come wit :
1)one bag of garri,
2)two bottles of peanut (ground-nut),
3) 30kg weight of kuli kuli,
4) 4 packs of sugar.
5) 10 sachets of cowbell.
People dey talk u wan still talk, as if u don enter above keke nape.
Open ur mouth Mk I fart put.
Metcheew
hahahahahahahahahaha :-D
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by omonnakoda: 12:30am On Jun 28, 2013
Holy water
Holy oil
Chewing stick
Kola nut
Tampon
Condom
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by apache77(m): 2:48am On Jun 28, 2013
Lol..
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 28, 2013
chidaddy1198: Your Bible is also very important

and why is that?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 28, 2013
omonnakoda: Holy water
Holy oil
Chewing stick
Kola nut
Tampon
Condom
You got it right bro. I have taken a fast one with a cold-striken lady onboard Emirate. Actually, the airbus we got transfered to at Dubai was virtually empty with enough vacant seats at the back. If you don't have a condom aboard an international flight, you are missing wink Believe at your own risk grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by InvertedHammer: 5:57am On Jun 28, 2013
/
A bottle of kaikai is always handy especially if you hate flying.

Drink yourself to stupor and whatever happens happens

Kpata kpata na heaven or hell

//
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 28, 2013
GooseBaba:

I don dey fly delta since 2008..and yes they have serve me goat meat. "Beef or goat" she asked me. I opt for goat meat. But it was small small fried pieces of meat. I hope you are not thinking of the size of meat you arrange with your eba at home grin

embarassed

But they try small right ?

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by coronaprof(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2013
My take for travel is this:
above all bring a GOOD ATTITUDEwink

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by denony(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

and why is that?

For meditation

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by kpolli(m): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
get a jacket or a mediumly thick blanket...its cold inside the air plane and a 18 hour flight will only make it colder.

bring your own food...because that crap they serve on board will not be enough that's if you are able to stomach it...

Cash
...yeah i know this is obvious but most people don't....sometimes the plane has to do an emergency landing because of bad weather....and it could take hours before another clear cloud roles through...and if you don't have cash....you gonna be hurting....

and if you can try and get a seat all they way in the back...because they always try and fill up the plane from the front to the back...so sometime the back is empty...

From front to back ke.... Which airline?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nichobabe(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
akereconfi:

bros from lagos to PH, arik dey cruise at 35,000 feet above sea level...... Naija to portugal nai b 7000?

Bros na 7000Km the man write O, no be 7000ft abi you sef take the alomo bitter?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by hammedkola(m): 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
If you watch Hollywood movies well enough, you wouldn't need a prophet to tell you some things to do when travelling abroad
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
Idi Amin: You got it right bro. I have taken a fast one with a cold-striken lady onboard Emirate. Actually, the airbus we got transfered to at Dubai was virtually empty with enough vacant seats at the back. If you don't have a condom aboard an international flight, you are missing wink Believe at your own risk grin

Stop deceiving yourself!
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by samseen02(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
^^^^^^The do nots are

Illegal drugs...leave those things are home

Bags of gari, Iyan, fufu, and other things you think they wont have abroad scratch that...leave em

The juju that some people like to carry in their back pocket....leave that thing..its not gonna work where you are going.

But the best thing any Nigerian can leave behind is the Nigerian mentality....you are late on your NEPA bill so you

bribe the NEPA guy...NO NO NO NO....if you are going to the U.S.....and you bring that with you...the government will

put the screws down on you real hard.
....and you will have a hard time adjusting...because a 10 year old kid...wont

greet you how are you doing sir...he'll just tell you what's up.....and you tell him cool...and go about your merry

way....

9ce 1

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Ivynwa(f): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2013
I was reading to see whether anybody will mention these items that are of utmost importance when getting on a plane and nobody mentioned them. We hardly think of the need for them until the aeroplane begins to ascend after take off or there is drop in pressure during descent and your ear begins to ache like crazy. Jeez!

There is a great need to protect our ears while on an aeroplane especially if you have a baby with you. The change in air pressure during ascent and descent causes changes in the cabin air pressure which the ear reacts to painfully most times. I Once asked an air host what remedy they have for that and he says to be making a swallowing body action as in act as if you are swallowing something----that helps to some extent. Another air hostess introduced me to some nasal drops they have in the planes and I try and ask for that before hand so as to have it handy.

Please always ask for nasal drops that helps unblock the ear, most airlines have it on board for passengers. Someone else taught me that chewing gum helps that and that makes sense because when you chew gum, you are swallowing which changes the air pressure in your respiratory system thus easing the pain, the person also taught me that for babies on a flight that it is good to give them a bottle to suck and swallow from----that it helps. Another thing that ease that ear pain is a an empty cup with a napkin soaked in hot water put over the ear. I found other things that help ease those ear pains in an article online and here's the link http://www.ehow.com/how_7194807_protect-ears-airplane.html
---As we can see the article made effort to explain that biological process. This is something one should be very concerned about as i read that it can rupture ear drum on rare cases.

godjohnson: Things to carry If your'e boarding dana airlines :
1.Portable Parachute
2.Two cans of Redbull *gives you wings* grin grin grin

Gentle Naaz: Just last week i enterd flight from naija 2 portugal with my alomo bitters, as usual. As we wr 7000km above d sea level, i ws sipn my alomo, a man beside me shouted " we dont take such here pls tro dat alomo away from d window" evryone started stearing at me. I ws embarrasd. But as i ws already charged, hvn drank 2 bottles of alomo n still drinkn d third one, i opened d window threw away something. 15 minutes later i noticed d man beside me ws missn while i ws still holdn my alomo. But as sharp dude, i hv 2 maintain

Idi Amin: You got it right bro. I have taken a fast one with a cold-striken lady onboard Emirate. Actually, the airbus we got transfered to at Dubai was virtually empty with enough vacant seats at the back. If you don't have a condom aboard an international flight, you are missing wink Believe at your own risk grin

Funny people (that have me cracking up)dey here -o-o grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Ivynwa(f): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2013
ItsModella:
You haven't been on Delta then. That one na molue, with their old air hostesses and yeye food.

Talking about foods served in aeroplanes---that reminded me how I acted like a spoilt child on a flight. I like my rice and vegetables and wasn't very excited when I got served yam porridge. I enjoy my yam through other cooking methods that are not yam porridge and rarely cook it, i don't buy/eat it outside. When I long for it I make it in a way I like it so I wasn't down with that their yam porridge and while almost sulking asked an air host whether they have rice instead. grin

neneslim:
if u re flyimg with QATAR airways u dont need any of dat apart from ur passport nd bording pass rjen a comfy shoe cos they now stream latest movies on there 7inch head rest DVD and last songs with some news channel and a good headphone. U ve over five hundred movies there and so many songs of diff genre. Dey give u blankets and quality food and even serve beers and wine. To me QATAR AIRWAYS is the best then EMIRATE before BRITISH AIRWAYS. worst international flight is KENYA AAIRWAYS cos when i board it from thailand i wasnt myself for days....

The On-flight (headrest)movies and music is a wonderful part that helps while on the move. Once I was on a flight coming home to Nigeria and the excitement of coming home and the need to reduce boredom had me blasting music (with a headphone of course) and partying right there on my seat, chilling and swaying to lovely music. It was fun!
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Bleszin(f): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
grin ;DOmo na evry body 4 here don enta plane.......even WE wey no knw road 2 airport
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by iyobs7(f): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
I booked for a ticket at emirates to mumbai and my final destination is Hyderabad in India
My contacts in India said since I cudnt find a direct flight to Hyderabad for that said date
That I should go for mumbai then when I get to mumbai, I will then pay for ticket to Hyderabad

I passed check in and was about boarding when a staff of Emirates that was checking said I will not
be able to board because my visa stated that I was going to Hyderabad and that I cant stop at mumbai.

I was then referred to their ticketing office at the airport.
The guy I meant there, took my ticket and re-booked me for a flight going to
Hyderabad on tuesday thats 2mao and my main problem now is that He said I should come
for the ticket on Tuesday which is 2mao and when I try to manage my booking on their website,
I am not able to choose a seat and I get the msg of going to make payment or have my booking
cancelled, am very confused right now, do I need to pay another money or does my other ticket
make up for the money I ought to have paid?

But the guy at their ticketing office didnt mention anything about money whatsoever.

Please I need ur opinion
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by AjanleKoko: 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
^^
Where did all of this happen, Lagos? shocked
How come you have a visa that states that you are going to Hyderabad? Hyderabad isn't a country na. If you have an India visa, you can go to anywhere in India. Either you or the agent, or both, are confused.

Come to think of it, someone checked you in. Didn't they check your visa at the counter before issuing you boarding pass?
Abeg na lie jare.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Godson201333(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2013
Okija_juju:

I guess this advice is for those who fly Economy Class and Premium Economy..

Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!

Abeego park well oo Mr Okija ,we wey no do juju na Economy our money carry ooo lolz
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Godson201333(m): 6:51am On Jul 06, 2013
akereconfi:

bros from lagos to PH, arik dey cruise at 35,000 feet above sea level...... Naija to portugal nai b 7000?

My brother 7,000Km is different from 7000 feet oo..
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by iyobs7(f): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: ^^
Where did all of this happen, Lagos? shocked
How come you have a visa that states that you are going to Hyderabad? Hyderabad isn't a country na. If you have an India visa, you can go to anywhere in India. Either you or the agent, or both, are confused.

Come to think of it, someone checked you in. Didn't they check your visa at the counter before issuing you boarding pass?
Abeg na lie jare.

Were these boarding pass issued in ur village?
Why do some people feel everything is a lie?
People at the counter, are they not humans?
Dont they make mistakes?
And what do u think I stand to gain bt lying? angry angry angry
Please think well before replying next time

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by AjanleKoko: 8:09am On Jul 08, 2013
iyobs7:

Were these boarding pass issued in ur village?
Why do some people feel everything is a lie?
People at the counter, are they not humans?
Dont they make mistakes?
And what do u think I stand to gain bt lying? angry angry angry
Please think well before replying next time

Post a picture of the 'visa' to Hyderabad also. undecided

Besides, I thought you said you couldn't find a flight to Hyderabad. Why are you brandishing a boarding card that says HYD?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by iyobs7(f): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
iyobs7:

I was then referred to their ticketing office at the airport.
The guy I meant there, took my ticket and re-booked me for a flight going to
Hyderabad
on tuesday thats 2mao and my main problem now is that He said I should come
for the ticket on Tuesday which is 2mao and when I try to manage my booking on their website,
I am not able to choose a seat and I get the msg of going to make payment or have my booking
cancelled, am very confused right now, do I need to pay another money or does my other ticket
make up for the money I ought to have paid?

But the guy at their ticketing office didnt mention anything about money whatsoever.

Please I need ur opinion

AjanleKoko:

Post a picture of the 'visa' to Hyderabad also. undecided

Besides, I thought you said you couldn't find a flight to Hyderabad. Why are you brandishing a boarding card that says HYD?

Your were so in a haste to call me a liar that u didnt even read and comprehend my post
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by AjanleKoko: 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
iyobs7:

Your were so in a haste to call me a liar that u didnt even read and comprehend my post

You never still answer the question.

iyobs7: I booked for a ticket at emirates to mumbai and my final destination is Hyderabad in India
My contacts in India said since I cudnt find a direct flight to Hyderabad for that said date
That I should go for mumbai then when I get to mumbai, I will then pay for ticket to Hyderabad

I passed check in and was about boarding when a staff of Emirates that was checking said I will not
be able to board because my visa stated that I was going to Hyderabad and that I cant stop at mumbai.

Please I need ur opinion

Where is the visa that says 'HYDERABAD'? Hyderabad no be country. So long as you have a visa to India, Emirates cannot care less about your final destination within India. What concerns them is the flight itinerary you booked, and if you have the visa to go to that country. Your final waka within that country doesn't concern them, since they don't fly local within India. That would be the likes of Air India, Kingfisher, Jet Airways. You can fly to Delhi, Mumbai, or any other city, and travel to any other city or region within India. You don't need any visa specifically for Hyderabad.

Just so you know, India is a destination I am very familiar with, and Emirates is an airline I am extremely familiar with.
If you're not a liar, you must be confused then undecided
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by TCPonly(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2013
For someone flying for the first time with a 3 yr old, will i be allowed to board with baby food like golden morn&milk. And how do i protect his ears from changes in pressure and noise.
And also,incase he is sleeping,will there be a space to lye him? (Economy class)
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by AjanleKoko: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2013
TCPonly: For someone flying for the first time with a 3 yr old, will i be allowed to board with baby food like golden morn&milk. And how do i protect his ears from changes in pressure and noise.
And also,incase he is sleeping,will there be a space to lye him? (Economy class)

I believe packaged baby food is allowed on board. But you will still have to take it through security screening in most airports.

Sleeping space (bassinets) are only for infants (below 24 months). A 3-year old would have purchased their own seat, and can only sleep the same way an adult would sleep, on an airplane.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by TCPonly(m): 10:23am On Jul 22, 2013
@Ajanlekoko
Thanx man. I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taxi Driver Returns Passenger's Phone And Money, Rejects N10k Gift / Man Burnt To Death While Travelling From Bauchi To Jos(graphic Photos) / End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.