Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. (18953 Views)

Lapo Loan Funding In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn). / The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate / Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by IVORY2009(m): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
CoCoLav:
CharcoalBlaq please if you are still on NL kindly send me a PM.

Need to ask you a few questions because I am carrying out some research on crowdfunding.

Thanks.

I actually did some research consigning crowdfunding, and I find it intresting, but most crowdfunding esterblishment are mainly based in foriegn countries, like Us, etc, and its intresting to note that one can setup a crowdfunding company here in Nigeria, that is if it will not be abused, e.g. Crowdfunding for education purpose, business, health etc. I look forward owning one soonest.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by IVORY2009(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
iyoema:
I was looking for information on the licensing and legal needed to set up crowdfunding platform in Nigeria when I storm into this thread, I am very happy with the level of interest shown so far. To my understanding, crowdfunding is describes as a collaborative process of financial support from a large group of individuals, usually via the internet, to fund a business, project or idea. Crowdfunding will be an effective method of raising finance for people with creative projects to fund their goals. It involves Soliciting and Collecting relatively small amounts of money from a large number of people .
There are four basic types of crowdfunding, it depend on the type you interested to set up, they are:
β€’ Donation-based
β€’ Reward- based,
β€’ Equity-based
β€’ Lending or debt- based
Currently, I am planning to create online crowdfunding platform similar to www.kickstarter.com, www.indiegogo.com, www.rockethub.com in Nigeria in order to boost small enterprises in the Country. I am looking for information on the licensing and legal needed to set up the platform. All that I needed to kick off the platform are ready such as domain, concept, website wireframe, marketing plan, and API but I still want to look into the legal issue and everything it takes before I officially launch the platform. It is time to be creative and think on how to improved our country in one area or the other and stop beating around the bush and wait for government to do all things. Please any body with useful information on legal issue concerning crowdfunding in Nigeria should post or contact me. Thanks

its good, you're looking for the legal aspect of it, mainly you will need the script to set up.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by nigeriasoftware: 3:31am On Mar 17, 2015
Great, i recommend you use WowPay - www.WowPay.com as the payment gateway. Its a UK Brand with a Nigeria Brach, also a registered trademark in over 30countires including Nigeria.

IVORY2009:

its good, you're looking for the legal aspect of it, mainly you will need the script to set up.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by uvalued(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2015
lynx200:
I am liking how this conversation is developing especially the part on agriculture.Along with packaging I think logistics and storage would be good to invest in. Getting food to the final consumer is tough in Nigeria but if u go large scale, use crops that can yield a minimum of 5 tonnes per hectare (check IITA), can be harvested 3 times a year(with irrigation) and can be transported to d final consumers thereby cutting out most of the middleman(thought of aggregating demand from a large number of people and tru d net or SMS and transporting their food products in bulk to them, just thinking aloud here) u will be onto something. By d way can I come in? My email jovikool@gmail.com

I like this tot
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by iyoema(m): 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
IVORY2009:

I HAVE THE SCRIPT ALREADY
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by IVORY2009(m): 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
iyoema:
I HAVE THE SCRIPT ALREADY

can we partner?
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by iyoema(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
IVORY2009:

can we partner?
yes we can partner
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by virtuousMe(f): 2:43pm On May 03, 2015
Procorr Integrated Solutions Limited has a technology that offers guaranteed reduction in diesel costs, up to 15 percent. This technology has been proven and deployed globally, this will give you substantial cost recovery from your energy spending. You may contact us via email; info@procorrsolutions.com or call 08039352489

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by iyoema(m): 12:09am On May 08, 2015
CasaGrupo:
Its here NOW and going live soon (just completing our final testing before our first project comes up)....

www.casagrupo.com

Crowdfunding works everywhere. register today
pls can somebody tell what happen to www.casagrupo.com
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by rotile247(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2015
Just got this thread, this is a billiant idea. Count me in rotile247@gmail.com
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Abrogeezy(m): 9:05pm On May 16, 2015
Crowd funding is the way to go especially in Nigeria where access to loan to start up any business seems immpossible for the average Nigerian. A few ventures in the past started and folded up because they didn't have a solid structure nor blueprint for progress. But thank God this particular one has a growth plan and progress, with testimonies abounding more and more from those who have been greatly helped by it. Its called Goldmine Liberty Concept, duely registered with the CAC and has an office in Lagos @A ddress: Plot 377A, Omofade Crescent, Omole Estate, Ojodu Berger Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.

Check out my thread on nairaland for more info

https://www.nairaland.com/2317427/income-opportunities-nairalanders

But I would like to suggest that a project of this magnitude will need funding from perhaps an alrady established business. The greatest downfall of great ideas is always the sponsoors themselves, they bigin to develop cold feet. But if the visionary is able to stand fiinancially, he can do a whole lot more. Leadership must have viable result to gain trust. Try the crowdfunding business I have wrritten about on my thread above. I hope this adds to achieving the aim.
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by aydj(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2015
IVORY2009:

I actually did some research consigning crowdfunding, and I find it intresting, but most crowdfunding esterblishment are mainly based in foriegn countries, like Us, etc, and its intresting to note that one can setup a crowdfunding company here in Nigeria, that is if it will not be abused, e.g. Crowdfunding for education purpose, business, health etc. I look forward owning one soonest.
You are right @IVORY2009...crowdfunding though yet to fully develop in Nigeria, it presents a great opportunity to solve many problems. I stumbled on this thread because I am starting a project relating to this and wanted to find out what will be Nigerians' disposition to a crowdfunding initiative. My fear as you have mentioned, is that an idea such as this can easily be abused in Nigeria where there is not so much regard for law and order. The crowdfunding initiative is actually a small but integral extension of my business idea but i am currently stalling on developing a good framework for it to make it more presentable and purposeful. Cheers!
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by aydj(m): 5:47pm On May 19, 2015
By the way, does anyone have any idea about the status of any products from this thread? Or has the discussion being moved to another thread? I'll love to see how Nigerians react to an initiative such as this (if it has gone live anyway).
Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Akdams(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
Do you know.... or maybe you don't even know.

And if you know, have you ever asked yourself why -

Startups, young entrepreneurs and SMEs do not patronize banks or financial institutions in India to meet their financial needs

Is it that there are no banks in India? No. Infact they are plenty.

Is that they are not bouyant or maybe they are not financially capable? No in fact even though India is grouped among developing world countries, they are still better economically than Nigeria. Even with their population of billion.

Is it that the bank's interest rates and charges are high? No. In fact to lure people to come borrow Money from them banks are in competition to reduce interest and charges so that people can choose them when they want to borrow.

Is it about government policy on financial matters not favourable? No. Infact the govt want more people to patronize banks so that they can collect more taxes both the businesses of the people and the banks. In essense good policies are implemented.

Mind you am not saying they do not patronize the bank attal. No. But am talking about the traffic. In comparison to Nigeria

So why. Why and why.

Why the low traffic?

Why the low turnout in Credits & Loans depts of banks.

The Indian have come to the understanding of the power of their billion population

They have come to the knowledge of the power of little token, synergy and leveraging.

They have gotten the wisdom of living a financially stress free life.

Now are all Indians rich? No. But those that have come to the knowledge of the truth, those that have the packaging and those that do not despair the result of little beginning are.

So what is the secret?

Crowd funding Concept.

Just Pure crowd funding. This is the only method of raising capital, funds or money without -
+ account opening
+ statement of account
+ interest rate
+ collateral
+ guarantor

This is what GLC has bought to Nigeria.

We have seen and heard of crowd funding concept , even on some threads on Nairaland.

But GLC has brought the practical process, demonstration, manifestation and the result to the populace.

Financial solution has never got easier.

Think GLC.

Tel/ Whatsapp - 08087329004
Email - akdam_multiwealth@yahoo.com

Re: Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. by Akdams(m): 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
We Have Heard A Lot Of Theories And Analysis Of Crowdfunding Concept; Even On Nairaland But Yet To See One Being Practicalities.

This Crowdfunding Is Practical At Work.

GLC is an Equity-based crowd funding platform situate in Nigeria.

Our vision is to raise 1,000,000 entrepreneurs.
We have raised over 1,000+ already.

So wouldn't you rather join us for your business and project capital needs.

For further details or enquiries -

Tel/ Whatsapp - 08087329004
Email - akdam_multiwealth@yahoo.com