Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Lies Told By Our Celebrities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lies Told By Our Celebrities (21976 Views)

Surulere Pics Of Some Of Our Celebrities / Are Our Celebrities Unintelligent Or What? (Video) / Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies Told By Our Celebrities by chinkorieyahoo: 1:27pm On May 28, 2013
Yes they are celebs and that is what makes a little lie a big deal to people because they are in the public light and their life is really no longer their business but ‘everyone’s business’. Here are the top 5 celebs and the little lies they have told over time:

Tiwa savage

So many times Tiwa Savage and her manager, Tee Billz were found kissing an
+d caressing each other. Even the social media was rife with pictures suggesting some romantic dalliances between the duo. Yet the ‘kele kele’ crooner vehemently denied any relationship between the two of them insisting they had nothing beyond work relationship.

“I am not engaged and I am not dating Tee Billz. He is just my manager. The story that I am having an affair with him is mere rumor; we are not dating’. These were the exact words of Tiwa when she was confronted with questions about her romance with Tee Billz.

Having grudgingly swallowed this lie and denial, Nigerians were recently dumbfounded when videos of their engagement began trending online. Today, most people are not upset because they were lied to after the love birds recently got engaged, they are upset because from now on they will find it hard to believe the pretty star.

D Banj

In 2012, when the Koko master premiered his first reality show, Koko Mansion, he made series of promises which till today has remained unfulfilled.

His promise to feature the adjudged winner, which turned out to be Bolanle Okhiria, in the official video of “Fall in Love” is one of those unfulfilled promises. The Koko master was either lying to all or deliberately reneged on the promise as he ended up featuring Nollywood beauty, Genevieve Nnaji, in the video.

Tuface Idibia

It may have been that Tu Baba had one woman in mind when he wrote and sang African Queen, but for long he has been entangled in a love triangle involving not less than three African beauties; who have given him children.

He did find this situation funny, hence in his earlier interview with Entertainment Express, the international star stated thus: “the truth is that marriage is not in my plans. I will never marry. Let me put it bluntly. I don’t want to marry. I am angry.”

Today, as you read this, Tuface is not only married but had a large society wedding outside the country precisely in Dubai. So, the truth is, either Tu Baba lied about his decision never to marry or he simply had a rethink.

Funke Akindele

So many white lies has escaped the lips of our dear Funke Akindele a.k.a Jenifa, especially about her wedding to long time lover, Kehinde Adeola Oloyede popularly known as Kehinde Almaroof. She lied in print about the venue of the much talked about wedding.

While the ceremony was scheduled to hold at The Havens Events Centre, Oba Akinjobi Road, GRA, Ikeja, she circulated an invitation card which read, All Seasons Plaza, Lateef Jakande Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos as the venue.

Apart from the media, she also misled other invitees, especially those from distant places clad in Aso Ebi who expressed their regrets and disappointment on finding out the truth. When confronted, Akindele, who spoke through her media aide, blatantly denied knowledge of the card with the fake address.

Yvonne Nelson
Her recent outburst calculated at tarnishing the image of Kukere crooner, Iyanya came as a rude shock to many people.

When, the going was good, the star actress not only savoured good moments of the romance with the “Ur Waist” master; she also denied having an affair with Iyanya. But when the relationship crashed and became an open secret, all she could do was to bow in shame. Suddenly the lie about not dating the artiste turned out to be the truth about her reported heartbreak.
http://www.happenings9ja.com/happenings/posts/entertainment-lifestyle/music-movies/top-5-lies-told-by-our-celebrities#sthash.g0JoTwsv.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Nekaoflife(f): 2:49pm On May 28, 2013
This celebs can lie for Africa sha,are u dating? mba!! dey wee say no until nemesis catches up wit dem dey wee now be blushing and doing as if butter cannot melt in their mouth

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2013
The only constant thing in life apart from change is lie. Lie on Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by pboiskinpy(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2013
anu m ya anu!!! *jux passing*
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by scientology(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2013
Their lies makes them rich
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Neduzze5(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2013
You forgot this artiste

NEDUZZE

This revered gosspel artiste lied that he was going to sing another song titled "Oga At The Top". up till now, we have not heard anything from him or so I thought embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by mrbyron(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2013
Poster you get time o! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by devigblegble: 3:43pm On May 29, 2013
It seems today is celebrity ISSUES DAY abi anyway I'm just passing by n decided to poke my long nose into these tread
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by MrSinister(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2013
they are not obligated to tell you the truth about their personal lives. free them jor!

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by SincereBigot: 3:44pm On May 29, 2013
hmmmmmmm... who mess for this thread

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by angelTI(f): 3:44pm On May 29, 2013
"lieing" is a naija thing so, no biggie

BTW, I dont kno y pple over-hype Tiwa's beauty? IMO, she is just OK, nothin whao!

3 Likes

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Tbillz(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2013
tha lies represents anoda segment of tha entertainment world. .any artist wil do warteva 2 kip his or her name trendin. . Beyonce get 2nd belle! My wife is nt pregnant-jay z! Al na wash-eldee
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by AbuMikey(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2013
N̶̲̅α̲̅ their WAHALA be that!!!...e nor concern ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by andr0id: 3:46pm On May 29, 2013
ARE DIS PEOPLE NIGERIA CELEBS. I ONLY KNOW 2FACE WHEN HE CAME TO LOS ANGELES TO PERFORM.CAN SOME ONE GIVE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ALL NIGERIA CELEBS . I DON'T WANT TO BE LEFT OUT THANK YOU cool
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 29, 2013
[size=13pt]Didn't D'Banj also say that people should submit Oliver Twist videos for the Oliver Twist competition, and that the best ones would be featured in the music video?[/size]
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by WIZGUY69(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2013
undecided na r*bbish me ah just read finish o...infact ah dey vex nw sef....meaningless!!

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by NonFarmPayrol: 3:48pm On May 29, 2013
Neduzze5: You forgot this artiste

NEDUZZE

This revered gosspel artiste lied that he was going to sing another song titled "Oga At The Top". up till now, we have not heard anything from him or so I thought embarassed

grin grin grin grin madt pple full NL
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by TVTKOKO(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2013
They lied,and so,wat has that got to do wif nigerians? Abi dem giv u ma hrtbreak?mtcheeeeew
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Krasid(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2013
If God should make not telling a lie one of the things required to make heaven,i wonder how many people would make it to heaven.
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by NessaFresh(f): 3:49pm On May 29, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry grin
Neduzze5: You forgot this artiste

NEDUZZE

Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Bryancrox(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2013
CHIKE IKE #5million naira bololo cheque...Black lies
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by flyforall: 3:50pm On May 29, 2013
MEN LIE, WOMEN LIE
GOD and NUMBERS DONT
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 29, 2013
hw una dey?
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by TempleChinedum(m): 3:51pm On May 29, 2013
This's just nothing comparing to this; At times they'll be in their hotel room in nigeria and tweet "shoping in dubai,london,milan and other countries.
Many of them who give out recharge cards knows the truth behind those blind give aways cox many of those card pins are used!!!! And many more..... grin grin
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 29, 2013
Oprah lied about being ra'p'ed as a young girl and look at where she is today. grin lies pay sometimes I guess.
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Fogman(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2013
Passing bye
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by jhydebaba(m): 3:56pm On May 29, 2013
Everybody dey lie even OP + Seun - ME cheesy
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by effisyman: 3:58pm On May 29, 2013
Everyone have 3 lives... Private, Public and Secret lives.
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Opey4luv(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2013
Jeez! Story Story oo
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Abujafood: 3:58pm On May 29, 2013
So OP which lies haven't you told yourself?
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 29, 2013
The rule in entertainment,is that fake it till you make it.
Its not common to Nigeria celebs alone,but worldwide.

Imagine a Ghanaian celeb claiming to use #5million to make her hair weekly,even Dangote can't try it.

They are pros on screen,and in lying. Most of them ought to be called Lye-de.
Re: Lies Told By Our Celebrities by orobs93(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2013
na wa oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Covers Glam Africa Magazine / Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal / J Martins Shares Photo With His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.