Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics (10397 Views)

Genius! Watch Ayodeji Solve 10 Maths Problem Correctly In 60 Seconds [video] / When U Answer A Question Correctly In Class And Save Every1 From Impromptu Test / How To Calculate Your GP/CGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 9:32am On Jun 25, 2013
doubleDx:

Solution

-12a2 x /-8a2 b2

=> This is easy seeing as -4a2 is a factor of the numerator and denomitor, cancelling out & reducing the expression to =>

For the numerator => -12a2/-4a2 = 3x
For the denomitor => -8a2 b2/-4a2 = 2b2

Putting the simplified numerator and denomitor together yields =>

=> 3x/2b2
Thanks
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Zico0(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2013
Ortarico, doubledx and calculus all i can say is WoW! To me, you guies are an incentive to learning mathematics.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
Guys pls help me multiply 34 and 5 in base 5
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
Omosivie,:
Guys pls help me multiply 34 and 5 in base 5

It's all the same steps as if it were in base 10, you just have to keep things all in base 5 the whole way through:

. . . .3 4
x. . . . 55

The first thing you do is 4 x 5 which is 20 in base 10, but in base 5 it's 40 (4*5= 20, 0*1= 0, 20 + 0= 20)

So drop the 0 from the ones down and carry the 4 from fives:

. . . . .4
. . . . .3 4
x. . . . 55
. . . . . . 0 . . .

Now do 5 x 3 which is 15 in base 10, but in base 5, it's 30. But add 4 to that since it's carried over from the last product and you get 19 in base 10 or 34 in base 5. So now we have:

. . . . .3
. . . . .3 4
x. . . . . .55
. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .3 4 0. . .

And your answer is 3405. . . . Hope this helped?
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ortarico:

It's all the same steps as if it were in base 10, you just have to keep things all in base 5 the whole way through:

. . . .3 4
x. . . . 55

The first thing you do is 4 x 5 which is 20 in base 10, but in base 5 it's 40 (4*5= 20, 0*1= 0, 20 + 0= 20)

So drop the 0 from the ones down and carry the 4 from fives:

. . . . .4
. . . . .3 4
x. . . . 55
. . . . . . 0 . . .

Now do 5 x 3 which is 15 in base 10, but in base 5, it's 30. But add 4 to that since it's carried over from the last product and you get 19 in base 10 or 34 in base 5. So now we have:

. . . . .3
. . . . .3 4
x. . . . . .55
. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .3 4 0. . .

And your answer is 3405. . . . Hope this helped?
Thanks, it helped. The question is actually : A housewife bought 5yams at W34 per yam and 3 oranges at W5 each where W is the currency reckoned in base six. The total amount spent by the house wife is
A W225(base six)
B W252(base six)
C W315(base six)
D W352(base six).
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
Omosivie,:
Thanks, it helped. The question is actually : A housewife bought 5yams at W34 per yam and 3 oranges at W5 each where W is the currency reckoned in base six. The total amount spent by the house wife is
A W225(base six)
B W252(base six)
C W315(base six)
D W352(base six).

All right, here we go:
NB: We're bound to do all in base 6

Now, we're multiplying W346 by 5 and W36 by 5 and thereafter adding the the amount of both to arrive at the total amount paid.

Multiplying 5 yams at W346 each:
following the steps I gave you, you'll arrive at W3026.

Multiplying 5 oranges by W36 you'll arrive at W236

:. Adding both amount in base 6 carefully
Tot amount= W3026 + W236
Tot amount= W3256. . . .Answer
I can't find that in the options, maybe you made a typo error, please check it well especially option D
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ortarico:

All right, here we go:
NB: We're bound to do all in base 6

Now, we're multiplying W346 by 5 and W36 by 5 and thereafter adding the the amount of both to arrive at the total amount paid.

Multiplying 5 yams at W346 each:
following the steps I gave you, you'll arrive at W3026.

Multiplying 5 oranges by W36 you'll arrive at W236

:. Adding both amount in base 6 carefully
Tot amount= W3026 + W236
Tot amount= W3256. . . .Answer
I can't find that in the options, maybe you made a typo error, please check it well especially option D
Nope, there's no typographical error. That's how it's written in my textbook. Thanks
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
Omosivie,:
Nope, there's no typographical error. That's how it's written in my textbook. Thanks

Well that's the solution I can provide on that. what's the answer in your textbook?
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ortarico:

Well that's the solution I can provide on that. what's the answer in your textbook?
315(base six). According to the textbook: 34(base six) X 5(base six) is 252(base six). I don't know how they came about the 252(base six).
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Omosivie,:
315(base six). According to the textbook: 34(base six) X 5(base six) is 252(base six). I don't know how they came about the 252(base six).

All right sis. May I know the textbook?
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ortarico:

All right sis. May I know the textbook?
Lamlad Maths text book
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Omosivie,:
Lamlad Maths text book

Hmmn. . .i've heard of the book before but haven't seen it. I doubt it's authenticity, maybe another person here should try helping.
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Calculusfx: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ortarico:

Hmmn. . .i've heard of the book before but haven't seen it. I doubt it's authenticity, maybe another person here should try helping.
Oh!!!!!! Someone told me that it's d best, that's why i bought it sha. Pls i'm having a little problem with mensuration, circles, bearing and lines. Can u help me out with them cos i don't understand them @ all. Are u on 2go?
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Calculusfx: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Omosivie,:
Oh!!!!!! Someone told me that it's d best, that's why i bought it sha. Pls i'm having a little problem with mensuration, circles, bearing and lines. Can u help me out with them cos i don't understand them @ all. Are u on 2go?
...well lamlad is a good textbook...but it won't treat the topic at all...he will just write formulae and go to questions...but i love his questions and the way it's being solved...
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
Omosivie,:

Yes I am. You can add me with 'oketunde2' and/or my boss; calculusf(x) with 'mathemagician'.
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
Calculusf(x):
...well lamlad is a good textbook...but it won't treat the topic at all...he will just write formulae and go to questions...but i love his questions and the way it's being solved...
I've seen Comprehensive maths, Basic Mathematics for social management sciences(University book), New general maths and Lamlad maths. Up till now, i still don't know maths. My case is a pathetic one.
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ortarico:

Yes I am. You can add me with 'oketunde2' and/or my boss; calculusf(x) with 'mathemagician'.
Thanks, i'll add u both now
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by koliks(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Lamlad z a gud textbook...i use it nd it has helped me alot,their questions r very technical,if u cnt think u wouldnt be able 2 solve it...ur case z nt pathetic @ omosive..all u have 2 do z practise....@calculux,otarico nd double(dx) u guys r gifted

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2013
koliks: Lamlad z a gud textbook...i use it nd it has helped me alot,their questions r very technical,if u cnt think u wouldnt be able 2 solve it...ur case z nt pathetic @ omosive..all u have 2 do z practise....@calculux,otarico nd double(dx) u guys r gifted
Thanks but i can be very very lazy when it comes to thinking mathematically but i'll keep on practising
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by koliks(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2013
Omosivie,:
Thanks but i can be very very lazy when it comes to thinking mathematically but i'll keep on practising
owk....maths z d simplest subject ever.....u just have 2 knw d principles behind every topic nd knw ur formulae d@s all u need....take it 4rm me,i was 1ce in ur shoes
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Zico0(m): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
Please who can integrate these derivatives:
integrate tanxdx

integrate 1/_/(x - 2)^2 + 25dx
i hope it is comprehensible.
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 6:56am On Jul 09, 2013
Zico0: Please who can integrate these derivatives:
integrate tanxdx

1. NB: $ denotes integral
$ tanx dx= $ sinx/cosx dx
u= cosx then we find du= -sinx dx
substitute du= -sinx, u= cosx.
$ sinx/cosx dx= - $ (-1) sinx dx/cosx
=> - $ du/u
solve the integral:
=> -In|u| + c
substitute back:
u= cosx
=> -In|cosx| + c
OR
$ tanx dx= -In|cosx| + c
=> In|(cosx)^-1| + c
=> In|secx| + c
Therefore:
$ tanx dx= -In|cosx| + c
=> In|secx| + c

2. Loading. . .

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Calculusfx: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Zico0: Please who can integrate these derivatives:
integrate tanxdx

...kudos to my oga at the top(ortarico) for number one...2...integral dx/sqrt(x-2)^2 +25...using the principle of hyperbolic functions...{1/sqrt x^2-a^2 will attract cosh,1/sqrtx^2+a^2 will attract sinh,1/sqrta^2-x^2 will attract sin}...so from those standard integral...sinh fits,then back to the question...integral dx/sqrt(x-2)^2+25...let 5sinh@ be x-2...therefore the equation becomes integral dx/sqrt(5sinh@)^2+25...integral dx/sqrt25sinh^2@+25...NB...don't forget x-2=5sinh@...so,integral dx/5sqrtsinh^2@+1...(pause)...using the principle of hyperbolic functions cosh^2@-sinh^2@=1...cosh^2@=1+sinh^2@...substitute that to where we stopped...integral dx/5sqrtcosh^2@...integral dx/5cosh@(pause)...from the beginning...x-2=5sinh@...dx/d@=5cosh@...dx=5cosh@d@...back to where we stopped integral dx/5cosh@...substitute dx=5cosh@d@...then it becomes integral 5cosh@d@/5cosh@...which is equal to integral d@...which is equal to {@}...from the top x-2=5sinh@...(x-2)/5=sinh@...therefore @=arcsinh(x-2)/5 +c...
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by rashywire: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2013
i knw I'll locate u guys, #shaking heads# ehn ehn, so dis is hw life b abi? Hweva, u guys re doing gr8 here. I'm nw here with u guys 2 learn, 2 solve n 2 help. @ omosive, my mentor always tell me d@ nothin is impossible nt until i found myself knwing basic maths n 4rm there I tank God, so u cn do it, a question may take u 5 days 2 tink, buh if u give it 2 another person 2 solve, d@ shows u dnt wnt 2 disturb ur brain. @ Ortarico, calculux, More PALMOIL 2 ur elbows. Lols. Letz drive mathematics pls
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Calculusf(x):
...kudos to my oga at the top(ortarico) for number one...2...integral dx/sqrt(x-2)^2 +25...using the principle of hyperbolic functions...{1/sqrt x^2-a^2 will attract cosh,1/sqrtx^2+a^2 will attract sinh,1/sqrta^2-x^2 will attract sin}...so from those standard integral...sinh fits,then back to the question...integral dx/sqrt(x-2)^2+25...let 5sinh@ be x-2...therefore the equation becomes integral dx/sqrt(5sinh@)^2+25...integral dx/sqrt25sinh^2@+25...NB...don't forget x-2=5sinh@...so,integral dx/5sqrtsinh^2@+1...(pause)...using the principle of hyperbolic functions cosh^2@-sinh^2@=1...cosh^2@=1+sinh^2@...substitute that to where we stopped...integral dx/5sqrtcosh^2@...integral dx/5cosh@(pause)...from the beginning...x-2=5sinh@...dx/d@=5cosh@...dx=5cosh@d@...back to where we stopped integral dx/5cosh@...substitute dx=5cosh@d@...then it becomes integral 5cosh@d@/5cosh@...which is equal to integral d@...which is equal to {@}...from the top x-2=5sinh@...(x-2)/5=sinh@...therefore @=arcsinh(x-2)/5 +c...

That's my boss. . . .always reliable, me hail oooo
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
rashywire: i knw I'll locate u guys, #shaking heads# ehn ehn, so dis is hw life b abi? Hweva, u guys re doing gr8 here. I'm nw here with u guys 2 learn, 2 solve n 2 help. @ omosive, my mentor always tell me d@ nothin is impossible nt until i found myself knwing basic maths n 4rm there I tank God, so u cn do it, a question may take u 5 days 2 tink, buh if u give it 2 another person 2 solve, d@ shows u dnt wnt 2 disturb ur brain. @ Ortarico, calculux, More PALMOIL 2 ur elbows. Lols. Letz drive mathematics pls

hmmmmmm. . . .thanks.
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
I think we have new mad people coming here....
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by MrCalculus(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hmm...greatinz @ortarico,calculus,omosivie,general dx and odas...i can feel d heat hear

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Ortarico(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr Calculus: Hmm...greatinz @ortarico,calculus,omosivie,general dx and odas...i can feel d heat hear

Thank goodness, one of my bosses finally locates here. . . .welcome Mr. Calculus
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Calculusfx: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: How To Calculate Quickly And Correctly In Mathematics by Omosivie1(f): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Calculusf(x):
Pls,my people...how can you calculate these without using calculator...and faster than those using calculator...1.52^2
2.47^2
3.458*111
4.978^2
5.93^2
6.45*135
7.425^2

1 52 x 52= 2744
2 47 x 47 = 2209
3 Too long to calculate
4 Too long to calculate
5 93 x 93 = 8649
6 Too long to calculate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant / 2nd Choice Admission List Of Rsust Is Out / Sunday Riddle!! Who Can Fill In The Gap To Complete This 6 Letters Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.