Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won (18240 Views)

Election In Rivers Was Credible. JEGA / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Abagworo(m): 7:53pm On May 28, 2013
The Imo state Governor Rochas Okorocha has expressed displeasure over the crisis that erupted after the Nigeria Governors Forum election that returned the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Ameachi as the Chairman of the forum.

Speaking at an event in Owerri, the Imo state capital, Mr Okorocha said it is not true that some governors were alleging that there was no election.

He said truly there was an election and that the election was free and fair.

“I can’t imagine it in my life that anybody will come up and say we did not conduct an election,” Governor Okorocha said.

He further said, “There was a free and fair election and the winner of that election was Amaechi.”

He said however for the growth of the Nations Democracy, all the Governors need to come together and sue for peace and unity in order to move the nation.

The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio; his Ondo State counterpart, Olusegun Mimiko, and some others claim the Nigeria Governors Forum election was rigged in favour of Governor Amaechi.

Shortly after the announcement of the result of the elections, which showed that Governor Amaechi scored 19 votes, against 16 votes scored by Governor Jang; Mr Akpabio addressed reporters rejecting the result, with the allegation that the election was rigged.

He claimed the ballot papers were not serialized and that Mr. Amaechi did not step down prior to the election.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/28/governors-forum-election-was-credible-amaechi-won-it-okorocha/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVb3Lq_sOg

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Ikengawo: 8:15pm On May 28, 2013
a news media camera man that can't invest in cameras, public speakers that can't invest in microphones.
ok

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 28, 2013
Good man called Rochas. This man deserves to be our President. Rochas is man of the people. He is not an ethnic or religious bigot.

20 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by DAY12(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2013
Buh why is my country like diz?
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by koreye: 8:35pm On May 28, 2013
Even our president knows he won but he is scared that he might defeat him in the primary if they contest together.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by owobokiri(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2013
The governors forum should be abolished. Jonathan should then declare "no victor- no vanquished" Amechi style! It is nothing but a weird invention that serves no useful purpose other than to massage the ballooning egos of some wayward state chief executives. This group should be scattered and members forced to be more productive in their states with impeachment threats from Abuja dangling over their capitals like the sword of Damocles. . Okorocha should also learn where to draw the line between defending his personal interests and fighting for his states. His APC is DOD in Imo. Turning Imo into a hotbed of opposition politics when the state can do with a lot of federal help is counter productive and should be stopped. As productive as his two years in power has been, he should always remember that one of the main propaganda tools deployed against him by the opposition before his election was the charge that he was a northern stooge. Some of his recent actions and outbursts don't seem to help in changing this deep rooted perception. .

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by naffysa(f): 8:40pm On May 28, 2013
Even our president knows he won but he is scared that he might defeat him in the primary if they contest together.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by goldfish80(m): 9:50pm On May 28, 2013
Peter Obi said the election was free and fair and Jang won, Rochas is saying its free and fair but Amaechi won.
These politician keep sinking to new lows every day.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by jhydebaba(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2013
I don't want to say that Nigeria is a failed state. lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by jimino(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2013
Our politicians r jst acting flm 4 us 2 watch. Dis r tactic 2 derail d ordinary pple 4rm seeking good governance 4rm our leaders. Dey r all corrupt, dey deserve 2 die

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Tbillz(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2013
Polly[politikz] wood........anoda sector of Nollywood!!! We tha masses are lurvin dis!
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by eagleeye2: 11:11pm On May 28, 2013
goldfish80: Peter Obi said the election was free and fair and Jang won, Rochas is saying its free and fair but Amaechi won.
So we can safely conclude that "it was free and fair", but the Ogas at the top don't want us asking any further questions..... Or Esle.............................Funny people.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by pouch(f): 11:11pm On May 28, 2013
Rochas again? Rochas again?
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by eagleeye2: 11:12pm On May 28, 2013
jhydebaba: I don't want to say that Nigeria is a failed state. lipsrsealed cry
you may say it is a failed state now and your oga at the top will say it is another thing.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by kipesco(m): 11:35pm On May 28, 2013
Life is full of stages, if u act well u r an actor if u dont act well u r the boss. Hmmmmmm am loving this game of Politics.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Yorubaman40: 11:37pm On May 28, 2013
goldfish80: Peter Obi said the election was free and fair and Jang won, Rochas is saying its free and fair but Amaechi won.
Just wondering. Who is more believable between Peter Obi and Rochas ? I guess we all know d answer.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by 1Dray(m): 11:38pm On May 28, 2013
Make we hear word joor...

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Demdem(m): 11:43pm On May 28, 2013

We have seen the video where Amaechi won. Let peter Obi release the video where Jang won. Till then, I choose to believe Rochas. grin

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by GenOrumov: 11:44pm On May 28, 2013
Yorubaman40:
Just wondering. Who is more believable between Peter Obi and Rochas ? I guess we all know d answer.
This is not about who is more believeable between Obi and Rochas. Just see the video recorded by Aregbesola and you will then know who is lying. Akpabio, Mimiko, Obi and the Presidency are just losers!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Drunk: 11:52pm On May 28, 2013
payless: Good man called Rochas. This man deserves to be our President. Rochas is man of the people. He is not an ethnic or religious bigots.
Gbagaun!!! Na so.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 28, 2013
We now know the enemies of free and fair election in Nigeria.y troubling Amechi.its obvious that heaven wants him to remain d NGF chairman,majority wins the vote they say,one with God is majority and not one wit gej or pdp.let Amechi be else i will never cast my vote in support of pdp any longer
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by killuminati(m): 12:16am On May 29, 2013
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww I made the first page...no rigging,free and fair. Glory,glory!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by bless01: 12:28am On May 29, 2013
naffysa: Even our president knows he won but he is scared that he might defeat him in the primary if they contest together.
correction, Amaechi is not trying to contest as president but vice president, I wonder why Nigeria have refuse to learn the real basis of democracy from british and america they are coping, strange.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 1:05am On May 29, 2013
Thank you Gov Rochas Okorocha for saying the truth as you see it regardless

I dont understand how grown up men with wife and children, who claim to lead a state can call white, black just to lick President Jonathan's butt.

very terrible!

That thing that will happen tomorrow let it happen today. Let us see if Jonathan will send Armoured Tank into Imo State to kill Okorocha for standing up for the truth. Some of these kids who call themselves Governors just need to grow some balls!
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by AdekunleBalogun: 3:57am On May 29, 2013
Nigeria is playing a politically dangerous game at the moment, I just hope we survive this onslaught. People can't put their selfish interest aside to build a nation, kai so shameful... Thanks Gov. Rochas may days be long.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Cupidkc(m): 4:07am On May 29, 2013
Democracy indeed....rigging and malpractice have been normalised in 9ja.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Gamji007: 4:26am On May 29, 2013
killuminati: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww I made the first page...no rigging,free and fair. Glory,glory!

Its a lie! if you are sure you didn't rig, show us your video evidence!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Warlord3000(m): 4:47am On May 29, 2013
Na wa ooo... One side go talk say na dem win..

The other side too dey claim victory..

Abeg... Are we talking about just one NGF election...?

Or how person go dey get different result..

For Goodness sake... 35 na odd number..$ not an even number to even have a draw..

Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Pontaboki: 4:49am On May 29, 2013
Am in Owerri and you are my Governor,but sincerely you are a fool.You have just again closed down the Market for the second time in 2days over nothing.Now your APC masters have told you to open your mouth to say Nonsense,my happiness is that you Know Imo People are not with you in this your APC journey.You how you won election,everybody fought for you,ask yourself how many of those common men on the street are still with you today.Come 2015,the North will not make you Vice President and you will be the final loser.Amadioha Eligwe gbagbue kwa gi!
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by ddeola: 4:56am On May 29, 2013
Bros, no worry ursef. We all know the truth, the guys in Aso ar just raising dust because their "yes-man" was not elected. Make dem leave d forum
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 5:01am On May 29, 2013
Pontaboki :
Am in Owerri and you are my Governor,but sincerely you are a fool.You have just again closed down the Market for the second time in 2days over nothing.Now your APC masters have told you to open your mouth to say Nonsense,my happiness is that you Know Imo People are not with you in this your APC journey.You how you won election,everybody fought for you,ask yourself how many of those common men on the street are still with you today.Come 2015,the North will not make you Vice President and you will be the final loser.Amadioha Eligwe gbagbue kwa gi!

I know you can't be a good Christian with all these curses on your Governor. When you point one finger at someone, the remaining four fingers pointing at you.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by HiDee2(m): 5:01am On May 29, 2013
payless: Good man called Rochas. This man deserves to be our President. Rochas is man of the people. He is not an ethnic or religious bigot.

Forget Gov. Rochas' eloquence. The guy is a douchbag, a big joke. He's just another typical Nigerian politican, a very subtle crook..

I feel pity for the new APC, his likes will soon get it soiled and battered.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Presents A Gift To Fayemi, His Mentor. See Pics / Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others / PIA: FG Reverses Exclusive Petrol Importation Rights For Dangote, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.