Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush (13272 Views)

Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death / How Can I Make My Teeth Sparkling White / Please What Can I Do To Make My Teeth White (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by culchick: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2008
my teeth bleed whenever i brush, not as if blood gushes out but i always notice blood when am brushing. First it started when i noticed that close up does not work for me again,i even got tired of it and i changed the toopaste(close up). cos i notice i use to have bad breath then

I started using mints tooth paste, like colgate and macleans fresh mints, i also uses mouth wash listerine, the bad breath is finished now but my teeth still bleed when i brush.i use to use brush my teeth intensively before compare to people arout me like 5 to 7 mins then and they use to yab why i take that long to be brushing teeth, i figure out maybe is hard brush and i even changed it to a softer one like (oral B) is soft and nice too. what could be the cause of this cos is really bothering me
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by kizzle(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2008
HARD BRUSHES could result in gum injury
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by OgaMadam(f): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2008
It could be your diet.

I find that when your diet is not balanced, your gums could reflect this lack of vital nutrients, by them not connecting properly attaching to the teeth.

Do you eat enough, and enough of the right foods?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by opokonwa(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2008
It's either you use hard toothbrush or you brush hard or both!

1 Like

Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by TOYOSI20(f): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2008
Eyaa it must be very uncomfortable sorry,

I think the first step would be for u to consult a dentist.

And then u can try out some of the following tips,

- Brush your teeth after every meal.

- Floss at least once/day using proper flossing methods. By not flossing you allow the bacteria to build up to dangerous levels.

- Decrease the quantity and frequency of your consumption of sugar. Sugar helps plaque grow.

- Visit your dentist at least twice a year.

Hope this helps.
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by GoldCircle: 8:20pm On May 01, 2008
It's scurvy baby! you need to take more of vitamin C. deficiency in vit C could easily result to bleeding especially around the nose and mouth region. Don't ask me how i know cos I 've lived with a dentist all my life and I consulted on your behalf!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by GoldCircle: 8:24pm On May 01, 2008
Oops! did i say scurvy/ I actually meant gingivitis. dont know what I was thinking when i typed the earlier mail. all you need to do is to see a dentist to perform a simply S & P.(scaling and polishing) this condition is caused by plaque accumulation and it appears your gums are inflamed and as a result there is blood accumulation there. there really no need to be scared. Just see a dentist and all will be well.

Cheers!
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by 4Him1(m): 8:26pm On May 01, 2008
dont use a hard brush, brush lightly and not for too long.
Take plenty of fruits and vegetables.

You shld be fine.
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by Cayon(f): 11:38am On May 02, 2008
Maybe excessive food is in your gum and may cause gingeritis(sp?), hence will lead to bad breath. See a dentist lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by yupyfather: 3:42pm On May 02, 2008
My friend GC why fear catch you now . i just they introduce myself to the house and i salute you all.
One very important question is to rule out pregnancy if you are a woman,rule out other external factors that has been mentioned such as your brushing techniques, type of brush, and the thing of more physical things especially vitamin deficiency which my friend GC said causes scurvy and one of its common symptom in the initial phase is gingivitis.
Also make sure you are not bleeding from anywhere else to rule out any form of blood disorder. In conclusion if you are like most people in our Great country without access to good primary health care kidnap a dentist and request a routine dental check up. In addition the commonest undiagnosed cause of mouth odour is abscess in the oral cavity somewhere .or if you have chest symptoms you might need to rule out a lung abscess

I don talk my own god bless
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by styv(m): 2:07am On Dec 22, 2009
your TEETH bleed?
you must be a special breed grin
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by MCLOVIN: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2009
You must be refering to ur gums. Its either
1. You have GINGIVITIS or
2. You are low on platelets

If its 1, you need to improve your oral hygiene. If its 2, you must see a doctor to find out the cause. Low platelets could be due to medications like aspirin, anti-coagulants, in the abscence of that it could be a blood cancer eg LEUKAEMIA
So see a doc , he will do a Full Blood Count on you.
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by bizybody(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
Hey,I blieve most of ur meals contain sugary and sweeten contents,that is the root cause of this,U av to avoid them and start watching ur eating habits.stay healthy!
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by H2O2: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2009
Go easy on the sugar
You could have gum disease
Brush at least twice daily, and floss when you brush
Try peridex
Consult your dentist . . go for teeth cleaning
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by MrCrackles(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
culchick:

my teeth bleed whenever i brush, not as if blood gushes out but i always notice blood when am brushing. First it started when i noticed that close up does not work for me again,i even got tired of it and i changed the toopaste(close up). cos i notice i use to have bad breath then

I started using mints tooth paste, like colgate and macleans fresh mints, i also uses mouth wash listerine, the bad breath is finished now but my teeth still bleed when i brush.i use to use brush my teeth intensively before compare to people arout me like 5 to 7 mins then and they use to yab why i take that long to be brushing teeth, i figure out maybe is hard brush and i even changed it to a softer one like (oral B) is soft and nice too. what could be the cause of this cos is really bothering me

What you have is scurvy. . . .
You lack vitamin C, so get tonnes of it and 3 times a day dosage should send your scurvy packing!!!!
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by platinumnk(f): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2009
^^ silly boy grin grin grin tongue
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by echobee(f): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2009
visit a dentist
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by temite: 11:41am On Jan 23, 2010
MC LOVIN I SEARCHED FOR where my post is and its nowhere to be found , just want to say thanks to you for your help while i was in doubts, at last eerything went well and my period came without stress, you are sooo good, thanks again,
remeber post on Lemon juice and sperm!?
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by MCLOVIN: 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2010
Thanks Temite ! Glad ur OK.
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by agathamari(f): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2010
gingivitis or scurvy
Re: Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush by Woke4all(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2010
styv:

your TEETH bleed?
you must be a special breed grin
more than special.

(1) (Reply)

How To Enlarge Your Pennies With Your Hands Naturally / How To Survive A Heart Attack When You Are Alone. / 9 Secrets Of Longevity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.