Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped (3533 Views)

Southern Governors' Forum Should Be Established / Igbos On This Forum Should Render Their Appologies Here To Wole Soyinka / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Ptimes: 8:59am On May 29, 2013
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Victor Umeh, on Tuesday in Abuja called for the scrapping of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF).

Mr. Umeh, who was reacting to the crisis that trailed last Friday’s chairmanship election of the forum, said “the existence of NGF has no constitutional basis’’.

The APGA chairman, who spoke on the sidelines of the launching of a book titled “The making of an oracle’’, said the forum was threatening democracy and peace in the country.

He accused the governors of losing touch with the realities in their respective states partly because of their insatiable crave for power both in their states and at the federal level.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136687-apga-wants-nigeria-governors-forum-scrapped-says-its-existence-threatens-democracy.html

2 Likes

Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Johnnywheels: 9:10am On May 29, 2013
+1 to that!
This NGF ish don over-generate too much fuzz.
Them just dey dia dey form activity - They do virtually nofin that is evident!
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 9:11am On May 29, 2013
shocked
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by proflangdon(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2013
That one is their problem. All I know is that The Presidency is scared of Amaechi. When a governor floors a sitting president, you know the president must do something. He's scared of the guy..

1 Like

Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 9:13am On May 29, 2013
Let the APGA governors (Okorocha and Peter Obi) lead the way.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 9:13am On May 29, 2013
Better. I support this cos i still dont know the usefulness of all this unnecessary forum. PDP Governors forum, Northern bullshit Forum, NGF, e.t.c.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by kenny987(f): 9:16am On May 29, 2013
I always ask whoever cares 2 listen, "What on God's green earth is the purpose of the NGF?" All it does is give dem Govs d undeserved opportunity 2 arrogate powers unto themselves! U can jst imagine how they're rowing over elections on such a small scale, imagine then the State and Federal elections! It really should be scrapped cos it serves no purpose, let each governor mind his state/region

1 Like

Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by killuminati(m): 9:18am On May 29, 2013
Na lie...na Amaechi won, we ain't gonna scrape isht!

1 Like

Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Notion(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2013
Though truth be told...what has nigeria benefit through this governor forum,the anwser is "NOTHING"
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2013
I m tired of dz GEJ vs Amaechi issue. If the Govs forum is a forum for Govs to display their shameless life, it should be scrapped.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by dareyking(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2013
Pls i wnt ur opinion..Cn the tecno P3 download the WHATSAPP application cus it a dual sim phone..Cn it pls..i nid ur opinion pls..
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by slimghost(m): 9:22am On May 29, 2013
Victor Umeh is not the National Chairman of APGA. Maxi Okwu is the National Chairman of APGA and not this bornfool.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by OneNaira6: 9:24am On May 29, 2013
I agree. It is a stupid organization that's not doing anything. I mean common election among eachother and they cannot even perform that correctly. mschewww.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Nuzo1(m): 9:27am On May 29, 2013
Governor's forum only serves the interests of governors themselves alone.

All those supporting the continued exitence of the forum is doing so just to spite the presidency.

Should any person of their choice be elected in 2015, same hypocrites will start calling for forum to be scraped.

The forum is just used in arm twisting the FG into allocating more money and power to those fools.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by jhydebaba(m): 9:27am On May 29, 2013
Can someone pls tell of what importance is the Governor's forum Poverty, unemployment, epileptic power supply, insecurity, SOE... And all these crawsie people can do is to fight over nothing.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by scholes23(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2013
GBAM!!!!!!
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by baslone: 9:52am On May 29, 2013
Them they sleep all these years when Bukola was serving terms.

It should be scrapped after 2015!
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Kingslaw(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2013
I concor!
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Agbalanze(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2013
I think am enjoying the drama as it unfolds..
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by samleey(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2013
Though NGF is not constitutionally set up in Nigeria constitution, but its an ass of gov's from each state to have a comon goals and objectives towards the fed govt. Sotherefore it should never be scrap b'cos there is freedom of assocition
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Uzodarling(m): 10:05am On May 29, 2013
NGF ȋ̝̊̅§ a bunch of failure amaechi should ride on
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by coputa(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2013
Young man..victor umeh is still the national chairman of APGA.....as for the NGF,it is a fraternity of crooks and heartless people,who do not mean well for the common man..
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Ufeolorun(m): 10:18am On May 29, 2013
If there's any organisation worthy of disbandment,it should this same underachieving,utterly disorganised,anything goes party. Always at the back foot of national development and political discussions

Apga'always taking the easy way out 'should be their motto and fully stated on their mission statement if they have any. embarassed

1 Like

Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by romeo(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2013
Ufeolorun: If there's any organisation worthy of disbandment,it should this same underachieving,utterly disorganised,anything goes party. Always at the back foot of national development and political discussions

Apga'always taking the easy way out 'should be their motto and fully stated on their mission statement if they have any. embarassed

A million times better than that Area Boys infested ACN
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by slimghost(m): 11:17am On May 29, 2013
coputa: Young man..victor umeh is still the national chairman of APGA.....as for the NGF,it is a fraternity of crooks and heartless people,who do not mean well for the common man..

No kid, Maxi Okwu is and the court has confirmed it.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by kawkab: 11:45am On May 29, 2013
-The govenors forum supported the removal of fuel subaidy.
-the governors forum opposed local goverment autonomy.
- the governors forum opposed the sovereign wealth fund. The wanted all monies shared instead being saved.
- governors have been collecting their share of SURE-P fund. No one is asking how well they are using it

questions
- For what reason was the forum set up.
- to what extent have they met th objective for which the forum was setup.
- whose interest would their present macabre dance serve.

The above would help any discerning individual decide whether it is necessary for the forum to be scraped.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by 1forall: 11:47am On May 29, 2013
1forall: What is the Nigerian Governor's Forum? Was it created by the constitution or is it a political party? How is it funded?

It is impossible to tell the real role of this NGF, or can someone please specifically tell me the mission of the NGF and how it stands to benefit the Nigerian electorate?

Isn't it just another ego-massaging political playground for bigman-ism and power wielding where state governors abandon their sworn responsibilities to engage in powershow spending our commonwealth, with absolutely no profit to Nigerians? Or what value have they added to Nigeria since they started this foolishness?

This is what happens when the main source of revenue for Nigerian states is the federal allocation. The states are not challenged to do anything serious for real revenue and these governors just collect oil money to do whatever they like. The idea of this immoral copy of the US National Governors Association cropped up a few years ago and sadly again, it looks as if over time, it has been accepted by us Nigerians.

The Nigerian Governors Forum is immoral and should be disbanded. Governors should focus on their jobs and develop their states.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by moscobabs(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2013
ok..we are goin to set up commitee for that wen i see my oga at the top
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 29, 2013
Governor's Forum is DEAD. Thank you Amaechi.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by duality(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2013
only sycophants worry about NGF. fact is, the forum is dead.
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by duality(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2013
look at it this way.

samleey: Though BOKO Haram is not constitutionally set up in Nigeria constitution, but its an ass of like minds from the northern region to have a comon goal and objectives towards the fed govt. So therefore it should never be scrap or challenged b'cos there is freedom of association

Plz be broad minded
Re: APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped by coputa(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2013
Young man... maxi okwu is relatively unknown in APGA.,or is he the gateman there..the court gave a final verdit in favour of victor Umeh,...stop showing your ignorance..

(1) (Reply)

Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! / SEE Where GEJ Relaxes From Presidential Duties While Buhari Laments Of Empty Tre / Why Did Nzeogwu Never Tell Obasunjo About The Coup He Was Planning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.