Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

What Has Happened To Ronaldinho? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Has Happened To Ronaldinho? (4364 Views)

Rumours About Okocha And Ronaldinho. / Do You Think Messi Is Better Than Ronaldinho? / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has Happened To Ronaldinho? by Tattooboy: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2008
SO WHAT HAS HAPPENED?
It appears Ronaldinho has been responsible for his own downfall, with his attitude, mentality and lifestyle all coming under fire.

The contrast between the fun-loving Brazilian way of life and the discipline needed to stay at the top looks to have become too difficult a line to tread.

RONALDINHO HONOURS
CLUB
2004/2005, 2005/2006 Spanish League
2005/2006 Champions League
2005/2006, 2006.2007 Spanish Supercup
COUNTRY
2005 Confederations Cup
2002 World Cup
PLAYER AWARDS
2004/2005, 2003/2004 Fifa World Player of the Year
2004/2005 Ballon d'Or

"There is intense disappointment all round, whether it be the fans, media or the [Barcelona] board, with the way in which he has handled the decline in his own physical prowess," says Spanish football expert Graham Hunter.

"He hasn't been particularly grown up in the way he has handled a low in his career.

"He will feel he should have handled it with a great deal more professionalism, enthusiasm and should have been more durable."

His penchant for Barcelona's nightlife has been at the centre of the breakdown in both his form and his relationship with his club.

That split burst out into the open recently when Ronaldinho said he was not playing because he was injured only for Barcelona to fail to back up his claim.

"Let's be factual," said Hunter. "Both he and [team-mate] Deco have publicly defended their right to go out at night.

"Their point is it's up to them about how professional they are about what they do when they go out. It's not a question about nightlife or if they go out because they do.

"I think where they have fallen down is they have not handled well when they chose to go out, how long they are out for and what they do when they are out.

"Therefore, you do not need to take my opinion, you need to take the word of Ronaldinho defending his right to go out at night.

"And, while there is fault on both sides - as there is absolutely without question in my mind that certain people within the football club have been briefing against him to the media - he has given them ammunition to do that.

"Right now he is definitely injured. He pulled a groin during training and again, it is a matter of fact, that prior to that there was a dispute between the player and club about whether he was or was not injured."

Re: What Has Happened To Ronaldinho? by samix(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2008
wetin concern me, na my pocket hin money dey go, abeg talk anoda talk jare
Re: What Has Happened To Ronaldinho? by oYaTo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2008
La Liga - Barça want £31m for Ronaldinho
Eurosport - Tue, 29 Apr 12:09:00 2008
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has slapped a massive £31 million price tag on unsettled star Ronaldinho.

More StoriesChampions League: Advantage Barca?
United v Barcelona: Probable teams
He confirmed that Barcelona had received several bids for the twice former World Player of the Year, including from Premier League sides, but Milan had shown the strongest interest.

Milan said earlier this month they had agreed personal terms with the Brazil forward but his move to the San Siro stalled over the Spanish club's asking price.

"I only say that Ronaldinho is worth more than 40 million euros (£31m)," Laporta said. He added that the player might stay on at the Camp Nou.

"He has never created the slightest problem and I'm sure he will return to how he was before, as soon as he is well.

"He just needs to find new motivation, but it's no foregone conclusion that he has to leave because he can find this with us, given that his contract runs until 2010."

Manager Frank Rijkaard recently said Ronaldinho had played his last game for the club, and Laporta's statement most likely represents a negotiating stance in what promises to be a lengthy transfer saga.

Little more than two years ago, the 28-year-old was almost unanimously regarded as the best player in the world.

However, a prolonged dip in form, coupled with question marks over his professionalism and proneness to injury, means Barça have been offered little more than half their asking price.

Milan and city rivals Internazionale have made their interest plain, while Manchester City are also believed to be in the hunt.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/29042008/58/la-liga-bar-want-31m-ronaldinho.html

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua's Video Prophecy On Nigeria Vs Guinea Football Match / Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ? / Chelsea Fan ‘sold His Car’ To Sit Next To Jose Mourinho (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.