Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital (19103 Views)

Uncompleted Two Wing Duplex With (C Of O ) For Sale.(pictures) / 4-Bedroom Duplex & Two 3-Bedroom Flats At Idimu For Sale / 4 Blocks Of Uncompleted Two Bedroom En-suite Flats N7milliom (wow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by sheade(f): 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please drop them like its hot, they are only begging because you caught them.
They might attempt similar stunt, it might be your cement walking off the site next time.

helpee: LoL at the various comment so far. The funny part was that the ironbender was fasting. They all begged that it was the hand of the devil at work. Since God exposed them, I don't care about pressing further on the issues. I am just changing them.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by gtrust: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
helpee: LoL at the various comment so far. The funny part was that the ironbender was fasting. They all begged that it was the hand of the devil at work. Since God exposed them, I don't care about pressing further on the issues. I am just changing them.

This is so so funny!!
Can you also comment on the 'Prophet'

On a serious note: I don't know if sacking them will help.
Check their quality of work and also check the effect of bringing in new team.

Nijja worry but...World most interesting place.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2013

That judgement is good enough... they have been exposed because God is on your side. Leave them to God.
And look at that for the so called fasting muslim... that is called it haram in the first degree.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
This staircase like I said is technical. It will rise from a cantilever and a wall will rise from it such that when u are climbing the staircase, they won't see u from outside. The problem is it has no pillar and it will carry load. Many people suggest we put pillars but the architect insisted that the staicase is his trademark and that structurally. It will stand. So we are putting a midline beam from where beams with connect with another beam at the edge and the pillars. I think d pics speak for itself.

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
The situation is so bad that even d prophets will collude with the thief. I've seen a situation where people visit d prophet to help them catch a thief only for the prophet to catch the owner of the stolen item as the thief
gtrust:

This is so so funny!!
Can you also comment on the 'Prophet'

On a serious note: I don't know if sacking them will help.
Check their quality of work and also check the effect of bringing in new team.

Nijja worry but...World most interesting place.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
helpee: This staircase like I said is technical. It will rise from a cantilever and a wall will rise from it such that when u are climbing the staircase, they won't see u from outside. The problem is it has no pillar and it will carry load. Many people suggest we put pillars but the architect insisted that the staicase is his trademark and that structurally. It will stand. So we are putting a midline beam from where beams with connect with another beam at the edge and the pillars. I think d pics speak for itself.

Wow! I need to see the completed work on this staircase to know what you guys are talking about.. Hope it goes well.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by kopell: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2013
@helpee, na waoooo can you imagine you're calling from other side of the world trying to get progress report on your house. This is what happen to us every dam day when doing business in Naija, from sanding cars to cell phones,electronics many other things. same story, it's even worst with family members. Even some friends that are rich that come to west see how people work hard for their money, go back try to rip you up. The just believe your money is their right.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
kopell: @helpee, na waoooo can you imagine you're calling from other side of the world trying to get progress report on your house. This is what happen to us every dam day when doing business in Naija, from sanding cars to cell phones,electronics many other things. same story, it's even worst with family members. Even some friends that are rich that come to west see how people work hard for their money, go back try to rip you up. The just believe your money is their right.

You said it like it is.. That is my many of us never have anything at home.. God help us.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by gabbytabby: 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Iron bender thief thief, whats the guarantee that the replacement would be any better 95% of them do it. If their work is good then you just know to monitor them closely if not then changing will be it. You also need to decide on what the best point in your project to dis-continue their services as mid-point of a particular phase might not work well for you.

Its a shame but its better to assume all of them will steal from you and then say to yourself how do I limit this.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
95percent ready for casting on monday.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
More

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Getting set

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
More

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
helpee: 95percent ready for casting on monday.

Good luck with the casting on Monday.. and please don't forget to update me on the
cost and materials used on the decking.. I am very interested in this. Thank you.

And don't forget to advertise your hospital here when you are totally finished.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
Casting in pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
In pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
More in pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
More

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
To God be the glory

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Decking @ last

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
helpee: To God be the glory

Let God be praised.. Good work Helpee. I am happy for you that everything went on smoothly.
God will give you the power to complete the whoile building in the soonest time. Keep on doing it.
And please don't foget to give the cost analysis for the decking materials/labor and cost.

Helpee, what is the size of the building? I mean in length and width, either in feet or meters is ok.

Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
mufutau55:

Let God be praised.. Good work Helpee. I am happy for you that everything went on smoothly.
God will give you the power to complete the whoile building in the soonest time. Keep on doing it.
And please don't foget to give the cost analysis for the decking materials/labor and cost.

Helpee, what is the size of the building? I mean in length and width, either in feet or meters is ok.

Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
tnks so much sir. So sorry for keeping u waiting since. I've been so busy. Let me give the breakdown of the decking now.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
The total cost exposure before the decking was 1,697,280 that is one million, six hundrend and ninety seven thousand, two hundend and eighty naira only. Pls note that the cost was so minimal cos I do self supervision and buy materials myself and I am a shrewd negotiator of labour. Once again, the DECKING is just for A 3 BEDROOM DUPLEX though the rooms are so big. The ground floor contain the sitting room, kitchen, store and visitors toilet while the ist floor has three big rooms, lobby and terrace. The remaining ground floor is not decked and will serve as the hospital.

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2013
Note that I still had some materials left before the commencement of the decking. I had close to fifteen tons of granite and almost half trip of sharp sound. Some of the planks we used for the pillars and the lintel were still available too. Bearing this in mind, the following is the actual cost of the decking... 1) PLANKS( 155pieces of 1by12, 60pieces of 2by3, 95pcs bamboo plus transportation) ...165,000naira only. 2)nail..6500. Granite(20 tons)...75,000. Sharp sound(two trips @48,000each)..96,000. Carpenter...32,000. Iron bender...32,000. Omo onile..49,500. Casting of biscuit...3000. Bricklayer supervision..4500. Electrical piping..20,000(material and labour),plumbing(only 3 toilets)..7,300(material and labour), casting labour...85,000. Structural engineer supervision of ironbender...14,000. 75bags of cement@1600each...120,000. Half tank of water...2000, pure water on site...500. Iron rod...279,400(132pieces of 12mm, 40pieces of 16mm, 30pieces of 8mm plus two and half binding wire). TOTAL COST EXPOSURE FOR DECKING; 991,800.that is NINE HUNDREND AND NINETY ONE THOUSAND,EIGHT HUNDREND naira only
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 12:20am On Aug 13, 2013
We started the laying of blocks for the ist floor after two weeks but the planks are still intact. The total cost as at today(bearing in mind that we are now laying blocks on top of the decking) is 2,840,480 that is two million, eight hundrend and fourty thousand, four hundrend and eighty naira. If I add it to the ten million I used in buying the uncompleted property in march then we are fast approaching thirteen million naira only
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 12:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Block setting..ist floor commences

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 2:30am On Aug 13, 2013
helpee: Block setting..ist floor commences

Helpee.. Thank you for the cost update.. total cost of decking is under 1million Naira which is very good.
May God help you to complete the whole house.. Good luck to you and keep us updated as usual.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
I called in a wood supplier to site today in preparation for roofing even though block setting of the ist floor is ongoing. B4 I take quotation from the carpenter, I asked him ist to give me a rough quotation. He didn't measure it. He just used his visual acumen plus experience to arrive at a conclusion. 2 by 4 X 300 @ 450 per one=135,000. 2by3 X220@350=57500. 2by6X 20@ 750per one=15000. 3by4X30@730per one=21900. ,nail3X one bag and nail4 X 2bags and oja agba8
X40. Total estimate=366,900. Is it ridiculous? Honestly I don't know wether he underestimated or overestimated but I av an idea now when I want to negotiate with the carpenter. I am no longer completely novice. Once the carpenter knows u av other sources of information, they will sit tight and tell u the truth
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
helpee: I called in a wood supplier to site today in preparation for roofing even though block setting of the ist floor is ongoing. B4 I take quotation from the carpenter, I asked him ist to give me a rough quotation. He didn't measure it. He just used his visual acumen plus experience to arrive at a conclusion. 2 by 4 X 300 @ 450 per one=135,000. 2by3 X220@350=57500. 2by6X 20@ 750per one=15000. 3by4X30@730per one=21900. ,nail3X one bag and nail4 X 2bags and oja agba8
X40. Total estimate=366,900. Is it ridiculous? Honestly I don't know wether he underestimated or overestimated but I av an idea now when I want to negotiate with the carpenter. I am no longer a completely novice. Once the carpenter knows u av other sources of information, they will sit tight and tell u the truth

The only thing that I think you you can really negotiate with him is his Labour Charges.. Since you are supervising the work yourself.. you will go and buy all the woods with him and price it yourself personally.. and make sure to count them.. then you will be at the site to see the actual woods/materials that they use..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by gtrust: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
helpee: The total cost exposure before the decking was 1,697,280 that is one million, six hundrend and ninety seven thousand, two hundend and eighty naira only. Pls note that the cost was so minimal cos I do self supervision and buy materials myself and I am a shrewd negotiator of labour. Once again, the DECKING is just for A 3 BEDROOM DUPLEX though the rooms are so big. The ground floor contain the sitting room, kitchen, store and visitors toilet while the ist floor has three big rooms, lobby and terrace. The remaining ground floor is not decked and will serve as the hospital.

Good Job my man and well done!

Question: how are you going to separate Business from Pleasure?
How will you control infection and family exposure? (maybe I should have asked the type of patients 1st)

Are you planning to move out of there with time and leave the accommodation for Resident Doctor (without family) and some luxurious hospital bed (delivery suites)

I'm just not very comfortable with my (your) family living in a Hospital (without clear demarcation).
Now that your structure is fresh, you can work around my fears!

Regards

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
gtrust:

Good Job my man and well done!

Question: how are you going to separate Business from Pleasure?
How will you control infection and family exposure? (maybe I should have asked the type of patients 1st)

Are you planning to move out of there with time and leave the accommodation for Resident Doctor (without family) and some luxurious hospital bed (delivery suites)

I'm just not very comfortable with my (your) family living in a Hospital (without clear demarcation).
Now that your structure is fresh, you can work around my fears!

Regards
God bless u sir. U are really thinking for us. Though my wife is already used to hospital enviroment, I am trying my best to prevent my children from the emotional trauma associated with a hospital. Hospital is rowdy. Imagine people bringing accident victims into the hospital accident...the attendant crowd and noise may not be controllable. God forbid if somebody should die. Imagine the crowd and trauma for little kids. HOWEVER, WE HAVE SORTED THAT OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN OUR NEW HOUSE PLAN. The property has two parking spaces by the sides. So we plan to have two separate gates such that one will be for the exclusive use of my family and I and the other is for the hospital and public. You can't access my own side of the compound from within...you will have to exit the hospital first and then come through my gate. Howver, I can access the hospital using a very private door from my own side of the compund without coming out of the gate first. This way...I can at least provide as much barrier as possible for my young family for now pending when the hospital will be big enough to run without me at night then I will move out my family. When we finish the building u will understand the plan more properly

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by gtrust: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
helpee: God bless u sir. U are really thinking for us. Though my wife is already used to hospital enviroment, I am trying my best to prevent my children from the emotional trauma associated with a hospital. Hospital is rowdy. Imagine people bringing accident victims into the hospital accident...the attendant crowd and noise may not be controllable. God forbid if somebody should die. Imagine the crowd and trauma for little kids. HOWEVER, WE HAVE SORTED THAT OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN OUR NEW HOUSE PLAN. The property has two parking spaces by the sides. So we plan to have two separate gates such that one will be for the exclusive use of my family and I and the other is for the hospital and public. You can't access my own side of the compound from within...you will have to exit the hospital first and then come through my gate. Howver, I can access the hospital using a very private door from my own side of the compund without coming out of the gate first. This way...I can at least provide as much barrier as possible for my young family for now pending when the hospital will be big enough to run without me at night then I will move out my family. When we finish the building u will understand the plan more properly

I wasn't too sure whether to say it or keep quiet but I'm happy you took it well and you know I meant no harm!

Your explanation is great and acceptable.

My prayer is that business will be so good that by God's Grace, you will quickly move your family to your new Duplex somewhere and leave this one ONLY as hospital with a room for a reliable Doctor on Call!

Also that you will find time to rest as most Nigerian Doctors do NOT rest.
They cannot even attend parties (child-dedications, birthdays, weddings etc-)always in a rush to go after making huge donations if they attend at-all. lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Residential Building Burnt Down By Electric Spark In Benin City (photos) / Cost Of Renting Short-let Apartments In Lagos | Co-tenant / When Last Did You Use Your Dinning Table At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.