Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

................ - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ................ (31494 Views)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ................ by IfyMeg(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2013
There is noting good and comfortable as enterprenuarship cos naija is a capitalist state

2 Likes

Re: ................ by successking: 6:07pm On May 29, 2013
That's Sanusi Lamido Sanusi's policy in a bid to retain the value Naira and maintain inflation at one digit figure.

Until he is fired, many people will still lose their jobs.

1 Like

Re: ................ by polipompom: 6:07pm On May 29, 2013
chuglothen: @OP, i wonder where you got that news cos Diamond bank didn't sack anybody. Pls get your facts right!
so sad hw pple carry unfounded rumour about. U ought to b sued for such image tarnishing rumour. Wer is ur source? Imagine d number of pple u av cowed in2 believing such baseless rumour. Der is no denying d fact d@ last week, outsourced staff of Diamond Bank, generally called 'Service staff' which include; cleaners, drivers, messengers... embarked on a protest calling 4 better conditions of service. Bt d mgt issued a statement d@ dey dn't av a direct contract wif dem adding d@ negotiation ws underway wif d outsourcing coy 2 resolve d issues. I av frnds working wif DB, nufn as such occured. Pls dnt jst cum here 2 post rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 29, 2013
Tell me this is a joke. embarassed
Re: ................ by anishe(m): 6:10pm On May 29, 2013
GTBank too sack like 130 last week. May God help us.
Re: ................ by abduldope(m): 6:14pm On May 29, 2013
y wont de b sackeD Wen ah go deposit imagine d cash reciver de ''PING'' undecided undecided
Re: ................ by madamoringo(f): 6:14pm On May 29, 2013
Diamond Bank deserves to collapse! This is a bank led by corrupt and very poor managers whom I understand are majorly from the East. These thieves stole all the money in the account of their customers, especially folks who don't live in Nigeria. They only tell you to write a letter to customer service. Good thing is I have better banks, in and outside Nigeria. If patronage could decline to 0% for them in the next 1 year, it would be more than enough payback for this gang of looters!

1 Like

Re: ................ by farobat(m): 6:15pm On May 29, 2013
Guys

Please check any story before posting on the web

Nobody has been sacked in Diamond Bank Plc in 11 months

Get your facts right
Re: ................ by nicago: 6:18pm On May 29, 2013
Nellyd: ...and i just got a banking job...may God help me.

Nelly, my candid advice is that you should try as much as posible not to increase your lifestyle, then save like no man's business. If you are a contract staff, the pay might be small but if you are a full staff, pls and pls, save till you have enough to set up something for yourself. I'm sure you can save about 2m within a year. The bank job is an opportunity for you to raise enough capital for your future endeavors/plans.

I hope you listen.

2 Likes

Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 29, 2013
farobat: Guys

Please check any story before posting on the web

Nobody has been sacked in Diamond Bank Plc in 11 months

Get your facts right
I was shocked when I saw the figure 2000. Still don't believe tho.
Re: ................ by boneruns(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2013
Lies Lies Lies...

Diamond bank never sacked any staff. Maybe those sacked were contract staff of C and E exchange.

I can authoritatively say: this news is a hoax!

2 Likes

Re: ................ by dplomaticVal: 6:27pm On May 29, 2013
Quite
pathetic.
Govt sud
Do smthn
lipsrsealed
Re: ................ by Visocrate(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
Ohhh... How are the mighty fallen, Tell it not in Delta, Publish it not in the streets of Warri and let the citizens of Nigeria rejoice.
oya continue its a pitiable dismapisma that joy has been stolen from them

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 29, 2013
chuglothen: @OP, i wonder where you got that news cos Diamond bank didn't sack anybody. Pls get your facts right!
Don't mind these evil people who await bad news about others τ̲̅ȍ feel good about their own plight. Prophets of doom!!!

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 29, 2013
boneruns: Lies Lies Lies...

Diamond bank never sacked any staff. Maybe those sacked were contract staff of C and E exchange.

I can authoritatively say: this news is a hoax!
Can you blame themBlame the overzealous MOD who put Į̸̸̨ƭ on FP.
Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 29, 2013
Bankers, dust urself and move on.

Affected staff can kindly contact me via chinedu.anaele@data-ville.com or 266C8991 for advisory assistance.

Regards!
Re: ................ by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2013
Nellyd: ...and i just got a banking job...may God help me.
And am afraid to take up my own offer.... I had better que on Govt neck
Re: ................ by 299: 6:33pm On May 29, 2013
madam_oringo: Diamond Bank deserves to collapse! This is a bank led by corrupt and very poor managers whom I understand are majorly from the East. These thieves stole all the money in the account of their customers, especially folks who don't live in Nigeria. They only tell you to write a letter to customer service. Good thing is I have better banks, in and outside Nigeria. If patronage could decline to 0% for them in the next 1 year, it would be more than enough payback for this gang of looters!
Tribal bigot wey no get sense. For you to believe that Diamond bank can just wake up and sack 2000 staff shows you're just a sad kid.

6 Likes

Re: ................ by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2013
Visocrate: oya continue its a pitiable dismapisma that joy has been stolen from them
And it is regretably lugrubious they av to be jobless
Re: ................ by omode2(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2013
Omexonomy: Let them go and invest in farming with whatever they are paid.
Most of them are used to famboyant lifestyles. Do u think farming is moimoi? If u are not patient u cant succed and farming has gone beyond planting maize or yams it involves technical skills and expertise.

1 Like

Re: ................ by aduhube: 6:42pm On May 29, 2013
ARA GA AGBA NDI ARA EBE HA NA APU ARA
Re: ................ by baduks(m): 6:45pm On May 29, 2013
This is not true now!!! there are other things you can talk about rather than such false accusations to Banks. Please say something about GEJ/NGF(it's currently trending smiley) rather than create fears for bank workers.
Re: ................ by 234GT(m): 6:51pm On May 29, 2013
nony30: Don't mind these evil people who await bad news about others τ̲̅ȍ feel good about their own plight. Prophets of doom!!!
One million trillion likes
God bless you for this post.
Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 29, 2013
299: Tribal bigot wey no get sense. For you to believe that Diamond bank can just wake up and sack 2000 staff shows you're just a sad kid.
Although I don't believe the 2000 figure anyway(I don't even think permanent staff in diamond bank or any bank in naija are up to 2000. The Op you labelled a bigot said the truth about Diamond bank being dominated by Easterners. The Bank belongs to an easterner so no surprise here.
Re: ................ by sharubutu(m): 6:58pm On May 29, 2013
When I left the banking industry for a less paying federal job a year ago, some of my close relations and friends thought I was mad. Now, did I make any mistake?

1 Like

Re: ................ by bennieman: 7:02pm On May 29, 2013
some pple seem to be green with envy at the lifestyle of some bankers. That explains why they scream ‘eureka‘ when they hear such feeble or true tales as the case may be. Given, some bankers have flamboyant lifestyles but I think they deserve their income and can choose to spend it anyhow they deem fit. However, considering the insecurity of the job, it is very unwise to be overly flamboyant and forget to invest or save for the rainy day. Trust me, some have a lot stashed away but simply won‘t leave because of the ‘armed robber‘ salary. wink

1 Like

Re: ................ by boneruns(m): 7:02pm On May 29, 2013
saxywale:
Although I don't believe the 2000 figure anyway(I don't even think permanent staff in diamond bank or any bank in naija are up to 2000. The Op you labelled a bigot said the truth about Diamond bank being dominated by Easterners. The Bank belongs to an easterner so no surprise here.

Before saying Diamond Bank is dominated by Easterners, could please peruse the list of Board of Directors and Management of the Bank?

Stop saying what you are ignorant about. Diamond Bank is not Wema

2 Likes

Re: ................ by niyiadewoy(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2013
This information is false and untrue.
Re: ................ by huptin(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2013
Please its good to.cross check facts being posting them in a public forum, Diamondbank did not sack 2000 workers. Thank you.
Re: ................ by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 29, 2013
boneruns:

Before saying Diamond Bank is dominated by Easterners, could please peruse the list of Board of Directors and Management of the Bank?

Stop saying what you are ignorant about. Diamond Bank is not Wema
OK sir..
Re: ................ by Gboliwe: 7:17pm On May 29, 2013
Sad!
embarassed

very ver sad. To think that most of them have families and dependents. This is just very sad.
Re: ................ by Gboliwe: 7:17pm On May 29, 2013
huptin: Please its good to.cross check facts being posting them in a public forum, Diamondbank did not sack 2000 workers. Thank you.
how many did they sack? Please clarify

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test / Samsung Heavy Industry Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.