Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

“Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics (1573 Views)

Swedish Bishop To Remove Crosses From Church And Mark Direction Of Mecca / Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 29, 2013
** “Develop your marking scheme and mark us,” Jonathan dares critics; highlights successes

Various achievements of the Jonathan administration were highlighted by Nigerian officials.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday challenged observers and critics of the administration to develop a marking scheme to appropriately grade the performance of his administration.

The president said this at the presentation of his midterm scorecard to Nigerians and the global community.

Mr. Jonathan said his two years performance should be COMPARED with those of previous Nigerian leaders and other African leaders.

He challenged those criticising the performance of some Nigerian ministries under his administration to develop a marking scheme saying for you to mark a student’s script, you must have a marking scheme.

“Develop your marking scheme and mark us,” the president said.

Earlier, before the president’s speech, government officials including the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and the Minister of National Planning, Shamsudeen Usman, highlighted the performance of the Jonathan administration.

It’s all success
While highlighting the achievements, Ms. Okonjo-Iweala said the administration has succeeded in several fronts.

In order to reduce corruption in the petrol subsidy payments, the minister said, the number of petrol importers had been reduced from 143 to 32, while several billions of naira had been recovered from marketers indicted in the probe of the subsidy sector and other fraudulent importers being prosecuted.

The minister said Nigeria has reduced its dependence on crude oil as its only major export. She said crude oil export now accounts for only 70 per cent of Nigeria’s exports with the rest being agricultural produce, manufactured goods, and so on.

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, while highlighting the economic growth said the exchange rate has remained stable under President Jonathan at between N155-N160 per dollar. She said Nigeria’s external reserves are rising, and inflation has reduced. She said Nigeria’s borrowing has also decreased yearly since 2011.

Other achievements of the administration, according to the Finance Minister, include construction of about 61,800 housing units across Nigeria by the Housing Ministry; an improvement in local cement production to about 28 million metric tonnes, more than local need; and the construction of 13 new rice mills across Nigeria.

She also highlighted the improvement in the rail sector, saying rail users had increased by over 3 million people in the last two years, while more rail gauges, coaches, and routes are being worked and improved upon.

Ms. Okonjo-Iweala said the Federal Government also paved 651km of roads across Nigeria in 2012.

The event was organised by top government functionaries including the Senate President, David Mark; three former heads of state: Yakubu Gowon, Shehu Shagari, and Ernest Shonekan; the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha; and the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mariam Mukhtar.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136805-develop-your-marking-scheme-and-mark-us-jonathan-dares-critics-highlights-successes.html

3 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 29, 2013
"Mr. Jonathan said his two years performance should be COMPARED with those of previous Nigerian leaders andother African leaders"- Premium Times

That is the koko. If the predecessors of GEJ were not able to build bullet trains in the past 50yrs, is it a REASONABLE expectation to expect GEJ to build bullet trains in 3yrs? Yes we need bullet trains but the reasonable expectation is that, even with the BEST of intentions and efforts, it will take a few more years for that to be achieved.

5 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 29, 2013
Using my marking scheme to mark my able and efficient President's performance as prescribed with respect to time frame ,he scored (90 to 97)/100 averagely .
You want to know the formula i use? (u are advised to construct yours).
He is a natural performer who is never afraid of critism most especially when they aren't baseless.
No skeleton in his cupboard.
This is just the beginning,
The transformation is on

2 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by AZeD1(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "Mr. Jonathan said his two years performance should be COMPARED with those of previous Nigerian leaders andother African leaders"- Premium Times

That is the koko. If the predecessors of GEJ were not able to build bullet trains in the past 50yrs, is it a REASONABLE expectation to expect GEJ to build bullet trains in 3yrs? Yes we need bullet trains but the reasonable expectation is that, even with the BEST of intentions and efforts, it will take a few more years for that to be achieved.

The bolded is mediocrity speaking. While 30% is greater than 20% both of them are still F9. The question is can bullet trains be built in 3 years?

If yes, the fact that GEJ did not do it == failure.

6 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by ochukoccna: 4:33pm On May 29, 2013
You can help someone to get a job,but you CANNOT help that person to do his job
-Olusegun Obasanjo aka Baba Iyabo alias Uncle Sege

1 Like

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 29, 2013
A-ZeD:

The bolded is mediocrity speaking. While 30% is greater than 20% both of them are still F9. The question is can bullet trains be built in 3 years?

"Mr. Jonathan said his two years performance should be COMPARED with those of previous Nigerian leaders andother African leaders"- Premium Times

Bring the 2yrs score card of either his predecessors or other African leaders so we can compare notes. Its not enough for you to pull out 30% from your anus

2 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by kunlekunle: 4:35pm On May 29, 2013
Talk is cheap, just tell him to stop this chest beating attitude.
Someone paved way for you and you built on it.

What would you do if the 300 generals were still around
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by tomakint: 4:37pm On May 29, 2013
This is a government that has no skeleton in his huge cupboard, this is a government that is not afraid of criticism (be it destructive or constructive), this is a government that had achieved more than previous administrations within a limited space of time (just 2 years), this is a government willing to subject itself to public assessment! I have no doubt within me that reasonable Nigerians will yearn for Jonathan again come 2015!

4 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by AZeD1(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Bring the 2yrs score card of either his predecessors or other African leaders so we can compare notes. Its not enough for you to pull out 30% from your anus

You don't compare yourself with failures.

2 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by gramci: 4:44pm On May 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

grin cheesy These people are very funny, they come out with fictitious assessment of Mr. President. They always come up with assessments that lacks even rudimentary empirical basis.
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 29, 2013
gramci:

grin cheesy These people are very funny, they come out with fictitious assessment of Mr. President. They always come up with assessments that lacks even rudimentary empirical basis.

A zillion likes for you
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by jmaine: 4:58pm On May 29, 2013
gramci:

grin cheesy These people are very funny, they come out with fictitious assessment of Mr. President[b]. They always come up with assessments that lacks even rudimentary empirical basis[/b].

Lovely . .
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 29, 2013
A-ZeD:

You don't compare yourself with failures.
You can only make comparisons based on the KNOWN. The known here is the performance of GEJ predecessors.
You cannot assess a govt based on sentiments and emotions.

3 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by AZeD1(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You can only make comparisons based on the KNOWN. The known here is the performance of GEJ predecessors.
You cannot assess a govt based on sentiments and emotions.

Would you classify GEJ's predecessors tenure as successful in terms of good governance?
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by FrankC3: 5:50pm On May 29, 2013
A-ZeD:

I don't really know how to address the concern of a folk who believes that a bullet train can be built in 2 years. Anyway, i will try.

To appraise the performance of a leader, you measure particular indices in some sectors today compared to when he took oath of office. All know economic indices look better today than precisely 2 years ago, from inflation to foreign reserve to debt as a percentage of (even not yet rebaselined) GDP to economy outlook comming from key rating agencies who happen not to be either PDP or ACN members to balance of trade indices to ease of doing business indices etc. You can also look at maternal and infant mortality rate in 2011 compared to today, also fiscal stability to corruption perception index to non oil exports to human right to transparency to accountability. Also take a look at power supply in 2011 compared to today, then you look at electoral process and also equal representation of all sections of the country and also FDI. You can also look at aviation, rail and road networks. ALL are better today compared to 2011.

I think the problem with you ACN people is that you took advantage of Lagos based media to make it look as if every thing is in reverse direction. Your party spokesman even made an embarrassing statement that Nigerian economy is in the verge of collapse. Unfortunately for you, facts are sacred. The people you have told how 'clueless' GEJ is are begining to notice the improvements and you are under pressure to make explanations. The tone has changes from 'he has not done anything' to 'he has not done it like the one in London or Manhattan.

GEJ has done and is doing excellently well from ICT to financials to infrastructure to power to even entertainment. By 2015, we'll see who the clueless ones really are. Clinging to areas that may not be precisely measured like corruption will not help you. You people will soon discover how difficult it is to be corrupt. GEJ is a very smart and quiete man. By 2015, we will see clearer.

12 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by AZeD1(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2013
Frank-C:

I don't really know how to address the concern of a folk who believes that a bullet train can be built in 2 years. Anyway, i will try.

To appraise the performance of a leader, you measure particular indices in some sectors today compared to when he took oath of office. All know economic indices look better today than precisely 2 years ago, from inflation to foreign reserve to debt as a percentage of (even not yet rebaselined) GDP to economy outlook comming from key rating agencies who happen not to be either PDP or ACN members to balance of trade indices to ease of doing business indices etc. You can also look at maternal and infant mortality rate in 2011 compared to today, also fiscal stability to corruption perception index to non oil exports to human right to transparency to accountability. Also take a look at power supply in 2011 compared to today, then you look at electoral process and also equal representation of all sections of the country and also FDI. You can also look at aviation, rail and road networks. ALL are better today compared to 2011.

I think the problem with you ACN people is that you took advantage of Lagos based media to make it look as if every thing is in reverse direction. Your party spokesman even made an embarrassing statement that Nigerian economy is in the verge of collapse. Unfortunately for you, facts are sacred. The people you have told how 'clueless' GEJ is are begining to notice the improvements and you are under pressure to make explanations. The tone has changes from 'he has not done anything' to 'he has not done it like the one in London or Manhattan.

GEJ has done and is doing excellently well from ICT to financials to infrastructure to power to even entertainment. By 2015, we'll see who the clueless ones really are. Clinging to areas that may not be precisely measured like corruption will not help you. You people will soon discover how difficult it is to be corrupt. GEJ is a very smart and quiete man. By 2015, we will see clearer.
1) Where in my post did i say a bullet train can be built in 2 years?
2) You say we should compare GEJ government with his predecessors: Lets take the YarÁdua government as an example:
Would you classify YarAdua as a good president? If your answer is yes, then feel free to compare but if your answer is no then saying GEJ government is better than YarÁdua's is not saying much.(E.g my sister scores 150 in Jamb and i score 180, obviously i did better than my sister but you can't say i passed jamb.)
3) I'd never judge the GEJ government on power because i know its not possible for GEJ to fix the power situation in 4 years(You can go through all my post and you'll i've stated GEJ can't fix power in 4 years)
4) Why can't GEJ and his supporters take criticism? You might be happy with mediocre things but please don't judge people based on your low standards.
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Mylove55(f): 6:13pm On May 29, 2013
Hi Jona,u stil remain a failure,even if u do every thing u were taught as prof.what is in ur brain,can never take us to d promise destiny we desire,is it how u plan 4 nig,how nig should look like.i.e corruption ,poverty and hunger everywhere, killing killing everywhere,bad road everywhere,low standard of living even d lowest among africa.i promise nig,if i did not put all this place in 2yrs,i wil commit suicide.iwela and sanusi help Jona to fail,and he remain a failure.
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Blueboy0402: 6:14pm On May 29, 2013
Oga GEJ please spare them (ACN/CPC) this assignment of developing a marking scheme to assess you. They are poliTHIEFcians and not teachers grin

3 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by bloggernaija: 6:18pm On May 29, 2013
Let him compare notes with akpabio ,another clueless clown with too much money with no idea of how to lift his people.
At least akpabio has a few roundabouts and 2 hotels to show for it.
These guys seem to have taken their idea of governance from the equally clueless and hopelessly corrupt obongo of equatorial
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Clerverly: 6:27pm On May 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "Mr. Jonathan said his two years performance should be COMPARED with those of previous Nigerian leaders andother African leaders"- Premium Times

Please Correct the bold, it is 3 good years and some days running. Criminal sycophant angry angry

2 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by abes(m): 6:35pm On May 29, 2013
A-ZeD:

2) You say we should compare GEJ government with his predecessors: Lets take the YarÁdua government as an example:
Would you classify YarAdua as a good president? If your answer is yes, then feel free to compare but if your answer is no then saying GEJ government is better than YarÁdua's is not saying much.(E.g my sister scores 150 in Jamb and i score 180, obviously i did better than my sister but you can't say i passed jamb.)
3) I'd never judge the GEJ government on power because i know its not possible for GEJ to fix the power situation in 4 years(You can go through all my post and you'll i've stated GEJ can't fix power in 4 years)
4) Why can't GEJ and his supporters take criticism? You might be happy with mediocre things but please don't judge people based on your low standards.

That's what I call 'comparing failure with failure'
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 29, 2013
Clerverly:

Please Correct the bold, it is 3 good years and some days running. Criminal sycophant angry angry
Dont be in hurry to vent your frustrations. If you read my post slowly, you'll discover that particular statement was credited to Premium Times. So, direct your frustrations at Premium Times.

4 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Garrithe1st: 7:29pm On May 29, 2013
How does one mark an empty answer sheet??

cool cool cool
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by IbroYaya: 7:55pm On May 29, 2013
Garri the 1st: How does one mark an empty answer sheet??

cool cool cool

^^^ Do you know the meaning of marking scheme?
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Garrithe1st: 8:05pm On May 29, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

^^^ Do you know the meaning of marking scheme?

Do you need a marking scheme to evaluate an empty answer sheet??

cheesy cheesy
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 29, 2013
Clerverly:

true that. Its three years
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by FrankC3: 9:14pm On May 29, 2013
A-ZeD:

I don't think you know the meaning of mediocrity and developmental economics. Ok, let me bring it home.

We have two folk, both finished an MBA program in 2011. While Mr. A did his MBA in OAU, Mr. B did his at Standford. As at the time of doing the MBA, Mr. A has 5 years experience with Zenith Bank while Mr. B has 20 years experience with JP Morgan.
2 years after their MBA, Mr. A is a Regional Manager with GT Bank while Mr. B has achieved V.P position at Google.

Do you think it is sensible to call Mr. A's position a mediocre position because of Mr.B's position? If your answer is YES, then i will need you to tell me your definition of mediocrity. This is exactly why GEJ asked you to develop a marking scheme first before marking!!! You get it now?

While being a GT Bank regional manager is a very mediocre position compared to Mr. b's V.P position, it is an achievement based on his experience. And nothing really suggests that if that same guy attends Harvard or same stanford and have same privilege as a caucasian, he will not have a higher position than google VP.

Tell me one aspect of the country's life that has declined since GEJ took over power and back it up with referenced data. If there is none, then he is not 'clueless' after all since it takes some clue to maintain status quo. But if your argument is that there are improvements in these areas but they not as big as you want, then we need to agree that GEJ is making PROGRESS and then look at the possibility of achieving such margin within 2 years in office. Shouting and chanting 'mediocrity' doesn't cut it. You can even show us the bridges Cameron has built since he came to power or the mass housing estates or power plants initiated and finished by Obama in his 5 years in office, or are these guys mediocre too?

4 Likes

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by AZeD1(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2013
Frank-C:

I don't think you know the meaning of mediocrity and developmental economics. Ok, let me bring it home.

We have two folk, both finished an MBA program in 2011. While Mr. A did his MBA in OAU, Mr. B did his at Standford. As at the time of doing the MBA, Mr. A has 5 years experience with Zenith Bank while Mr. B has 20 years experience with JP Morgan.
2 years after their MBA, Mr. A is a Regional Manager with GT Bank while Mr. B has achieved V.P position at Google.

Do you think it is sensible to call Mr. A's position a mediocre position because of Mr.B's position? If your answer is YES, then i will need you to tell me your definition of mediocrity. This is exactly why GEJ asked you to develop a marking scheme first before marking!!! You get it now?

While being a GT Bank regional manager is a very mediocre position compared to Mr. b's V.P position, it is an achievement based on his experience. And nothing really suggests that if that same guy attends Harvard or same stanford and have same privilege as a caucasian, he will not have a higher position than google VP.

[b]Tell me one aspect of the country's life that has declined since GEJ took over power and back it up with referenced data. [/b]If there is none, then he is not 'clueless' after all since it takes some clue to maintain status quo. But if your argument is that there are improvements in these areas but they not as big as you want, then we need to agree that GEJ is making PROGRESS and then look at the possibility of achieving such margin within 2 years in office. Shouting and chanting 'mediocrity' doesn't cut it. You can even show us the bridges Cameron has built since he came to power or the mass housing estates or power plants initiated and finished by Obama in his 5 years in office, or are these guys mediocre too?
Corruption: Alams pardon, Subsidy fraud
Debt profile increasing
Insecurity
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by peleson: 10:13pm On May 29, 2013
kunlekunle: Talk is cheap, just tell him to stop this chest beating attitude.
Someone paved way for you and you built on it.

What would you do if the 300 generals were still around
He will retire them and what will they do?
Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Demdem(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2013
I rate the retardeen 7.3% in all.
A pretty good score for Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2013
My own honest score. 86/100// signed by Mr Chidindu Frank. Goodluck Nigeria

1 Like

Re: “Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics by Ahasco(m): 6:38am On May 30, 2013
Frank-C:

You are the most intelligent person that has0ever commented, God bless you. For your outspokeness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State: “try Us And See” Melaye’s Group Dares Presidency / . / OBJ Plans To Write Jonathan Another Letter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.