Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Food Cure Tips:how To Know Your Skin Type - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Food Cure Tips:how To Know Your Skin Type (950 Views)

Ladies ;how To Know Your Safe And Unsafe Period To Have Sex_Nsikak Effiong. / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Even Your Skin Tone If You Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food Cure Tips:how To Know Your Skin Type by eberejonah(f): 5:15pm On May 29, 2013
Sorry am a little late on this post haven't been sound lately but am back.so today we shall be seeing the different skin types but before we continue let me ask you this question;

Do you know your skin type? i grew up with many skin problems like pimples,dark spots especially on my face and trust me been aware you have them on your face can be frustrating.

.Met many people who had used one product or the their advice i bought different types of over the counter product just to take care of my face but none worked.why did none work because i didn't know each person had a different skin type.which was obviously different from mine.the beginning to the end of my problem was when i discovered mine and i have oily skin.there are many people who do what i did thinking it will solve the problem.the only way to get your most desired skin is by knowing what skin type you have so you can know how to care for it and get satisfactory results.

there are 5 different skin types which are

normal skin
dry skin
oily skin
combined skin
sensitive skin

HOW TO KNOW YOUR SKIN TYPE

To know what skin type you have just do this little exercise. when you get up in the morning, take a tissue paper fold it in such a way that it should have 4 different sides.you should wipe your forehead,your cheek,your nose and finally your chin.

Note that you shouldn't use a side twice,use the four different sides for the four different corners of your face listed above.

Normal skin

If the 4 sides of the tissue paper got no oily patches on it,your skin has almost no imperfection,smooth,soft,appears healthy,have almost invisible pores with a glowing and even skin complexion then you have a normal skin.

This type of skin is soft,doesn't have skin problems compared to oily,dry or the rest of the skin types,supple,normal skin is really a great gift from God to anyone with it,it is mostly not problematic,i.e it doesn't have pimples breakout,excess oil production,and many more you can see with other skin types.but the fact that one has such a skin doesn't mean such a one wont take care of it;although one might have a normal skin there are some factors which may cause this skin type to go oily,dry,combined and even sensitive this due to using the wrong body cream for your skin type,age,hormone imbalance.so you see the need for care.

Dry skin

If the tissue paper got no oily patches,you have almost invisible pores ,skin is dry,rough,sensitive to weather change and environmental conditions,have blemishes but not always ,scaly itchy especially after bath ;you have dry skin

Dry skin is most common on arms,hands,lower legs,face and abdomen.conditions of this skin is due to the inability of the oil glands to produce enough oil to moisturise and lubricate the skin and aggravated by wrong choice of skin care products and cosmetics,weather conditions and wrong healthy life style.dry skin is quick to ageing and wrinkles explaining why one will see a young man or lady of 22 looking 29 or more.

Oily skin

photo credits goes to Noella noodle photo stream flickr.com

Has oily patches from all the different areas of the tissue paper you are examining ,your skin has a shiny complexion especially when you are stressed up, worn out, tired,sweaty,skin looks dull,has enlarged skin pores,and is subject to pimples, dark spots, and white spots...etc.oily skin is the most problematic type of skin but it's advantage is that it doesn't get old quickly,like me *wink*.
Combined skin

If the sides of the tissue you used on the chin,nose and forehead has oily patches while the sides you used for your cheeks have no oil patches ,the part which is oily has tendency of having pimples,black spots while the one with no oily patches is dry,scaly,itchy then you have combined skin.

the side which is oily will be prone to pimples and spots while the dry side will be flaky,itchy and forms of pimples.

Sensitive skin

this skin type is very prone to any slight change to the body like allergies.

2 Likes

Re: Food Cure Tips:how To Know Your Skin Type by Eboh06: 7:38pm On May 29, 2013
Thanks 4 dis intresting piece,am waiting 4 d concluding part. Keep up d good work
Re: Food Cure Tips:how To Know Your Skin Type by zanousie(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
Nice piece.

(1) (Reply)

How Hygenic Is Oral S*x? / Picture Of An Albino Doctor / LATEST CANCER INFORMATION From Johns Hopkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.