Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

The Prophets Of Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prophets Of Hell (7261 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 29, 2013
In these last days more and more people are receiving visions of Hell that change them significantly. But, are these visions from Jesus Christ himself, or are they really of Satan, that ancient serpent?

First of all, let's bear in mind that Satan is God's adversary, and will do everything he can to slander the Godhead, and the host of Heaven. Second, Satan is the serpent or the nahash, or the ancient sorcerer (for nahash, while meaning 'serpent' also means 'to hiss, whisper an incantation, practice divination, prognosticate.) And he can transform himself into an angel of light (messenger of righteousness.)

I have read a few accounts of people who have claimed that they went to Hell, and while reading these accounts I begin to notice a distinctive pattern in them.

Satan isn't scaring people into believing in Jesus Christ. What he's doing is a well crafted plan.

Step 1. Find a person who believe in the spiritual realm, and one who claims to be a Christian. (Most of the Christians who've had these visions are in fact 'mystics' and that's not Biblical.)

Step 2. Take on the appearance of Jesus Christ, and appear to the person.

Step 3. Tell the person that you've come to take them on a journey of Hell, because for some reason, "your" (placed in quotes, because here, Satan is impersonating Christ.) word wasn't sufficient enough.

Step 4. Take the person out of their body, but assure them that even if their husband wakes up (and sees a dead body) that everything will be a-ok.

Step 5. Take them to Hell, and show them various people who are being tormented. Make sure that the torments are ones that could be found in Dante's Inferno, or any of the non-canonical bibles.

Step 6. Make sure that the people are in hell for absolutely ridiculous reasons, (Getting hip surgery, not giving money to an alcoholic, going to prom, getting angry, trying to find a date, etc etc.)

Step 7. As Jesus, alternate between being a cruel deity to being a pathetic wimp who cries at the drop of a hat. Bonus points for Satan, if the person with him has 1000x more compassion than pseudo!Jesus.

Step 8. LEAVES THE PERSON IN HELL.

Step 9. finally takes them out of there. Sends them home, tells them to write a book.

Step 10. Person is so scared that they're traumatized for like a month.

Then the person writes the book, it becomes a hit. People read it, and fall into one of three categories.

1. They lap it up, and think the author is some sort of prophet of God. They worship Christ as this awesome being, but are scared of screwing up. (Because according to the visions, one mistake, and you're done for.)

2. They call it a bunch of rubbish, and say that God and Jesus Christ don't exist, and the book was written by a deluded slowpoke who was on LSD at the time.

3. They're skeptical, do the research, realize the vision has errors in it. They don't believe the book.

In the end, Satan's now got a group of sycophants (who are only worshiping 'Jesus' not because they love him, but because they don't want to go to hell.) and a group of people who think it's rubbish and because THAT'S rubbish then so is believing in God and Jesus Christ; and the faith and grace thing.

Even you have to admit that's not Biblical.

http://sanctusvesania.hubpages.com/hub/The-Prophets-of-Hell

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 29, 2013
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by DrummaBoy(m): 10:44pm On May 29, 2013
Frosbel
Thanks for that piece. This visions on hell were beginning to get to me but somehow I am learning to ignore them all together.

With their leading apostle here on NL, Olaadegbu, never in short supply of these visions.

Apart from Paul saying Satan transforms to angels of light, Jesus started his discourse in MATT 24 with the words DO NOT BE DECEIVED.. FOR MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME SAYING I AM CHRIST... He was not saying we would have the likes of Jesus of Oyingbo, Guru Marathi, etc, (though we have those too), I believe he was telling what we are seeing today: people coming with visions allegedly from Christ - in his name - and bringing words from Him - saying they are Christ.

By their Fruits we will know them
1. This visions feast on the gullible
2. They support a church's narrow doctrinal position
3. They deny the grace of God
4. They paint God as a tyrrant and the aspect of God's love is hidden
5. etc

They cannot be of God.
Well done Frosbel.

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by naijazown(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2013
Do I completely agree with this write-up?

Still meditating...
undecided
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 12:36am On May 30, 2013
naijaz_own: Do I completely agree with this write-up?

Still meditating...
undecided

Let us know the results at dawn.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by nlMediator: 1:21am On May 30, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Why are you so obsessed with the topic of hell? If nobody is going to hell, why bother them with this deluge of information? It's like saying everybody would pass an exam whether they study or not. And then, every day you keep on reminding them of it. What sense does that make? Perhaps, you don't really believe in what you're preaching.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 6:31am On May 30, 2013
The preaching against hell is to free fellow brothers from the satanic lie flowing in churches today and to make them realise that serving God shouldnt be out of fear (cos thats the essence of the hell doctrine) but out of love.

take away hell and see the number of people that will still serve God. That number will be those that love him for him.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Pygru: 6:40am On May 30, 2013
nlMediator:

Why are you so obsessed with the topic of hell? If nobody is going to hell, why bother them with this deluge of information? It's like saying everybody would pass an exam whether they study or not. And then, every day you keep on reminding them of it. What sense does that make? Perhaps, you don't really believe in what you're preaching.
I tire ooh
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 9:57am On May 30, 2013
nlMediator:

This article was raised to counter the deceptive and downright silly videos about hell and heaven visitations.

btw, are you now policing my posts ? wink

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2013
This is what our Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles say about the revelation of hell.

Listen to what Jesus and the apostles said about eternal torment:

"I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death"
(Rev. 1:18) The Evidence Bible.

There are three words translated "hell" in Scripture:

Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)

Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18, Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)

Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence. They can’t conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal. If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being "punished" merely with eternal sleep. His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn’t even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story. The rich man who found himself in hell (Luke 16:19–31) was conscious. He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse. He wasn’t asleep in the grave; he was in a place of "torment." If hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus' statements about hell make no sense. He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to:

"go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched"
(Mark 9:43–48 ).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

"Shame and everlasting contempt"
(Daniel 12:2)

"Everlasting punishment"
(Mathew 25:46)

"Weeping and gnashing of teeth"
(Matthew 24:51)

"Fire unquenchable"
(Luke 3:17)

"Indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish"
(Romans 2:8,9)

"Everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord"
(2 Thessalonians 1:9)

"Eternal fire...the blackness of darkness for ever"
(Jude 7,13)

Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:

"He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone...the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day or night."

If you still think that they are prophets of hell then read this:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still"
(Revelation 22:11)

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:18am On May 30, 2013
"And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." - Isaiah 66:24

"Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act," says the LORD Almighty." - Malachi 4:3

"By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly" - 2 Peter 3:7
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by nlMediator: 2:26pm On May 30, 2013
Segeggs: The preaching against hell is to free fellow brothers from the satanic lie flowing in churches today and to make them realise that serving God shouldnt be out of fear (cos thats the essence of the hell doctrine) but out of love.

take away hell and see the number of people that will still serve God. That number will be those that love him for him.

OK. Let me get this right. A christian would serve God better when he knows he won't be in Heaven but would only be sent to hell where he would die once? You'd have made more sense if you say that the christian would go to Heaven no matter what. I would think that most people serving God out of fear of burning in hell fire would still serve God out of fear of missing heaven and being destroyed forever. Do you see how people don't even want to leave the earth?

My guess is that your message benefits:

1. The active christian who expects to go to Heaven?

2. The lukewarm christian who is worried he might end up in hell and burn forever?

3. The atheist who does not believe in God, heaven or hell?

4. The follower of another religion who doesn't accept Christian concepts of heaven and hell?

5. The murderer or rank sinner who is scared of burning in hell if he dies in his sins?

Certainly, there must be many other groups I missed to justify this barrage of messages on hell?

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 30, 2013
^^^^Your post is confusing
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by nlMediator: 3:50pm On May 30, 2013
^^
Correct. It reflects your confusing position on hell. Glad I was able to clear that up for you.

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 30, 2013
nlMediator: ^^
Correct. It reflects your confusing position on hell. Glad I was able to clear that up for you.

Don't be a parrot for false doctrine which you have not tested with the truth of scripture.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by nlMediator: 4:02pm On May 30, 2013
The major point is not even about the falsity or truthfulness of the doctrine. It's about its ubiquity here from you and others. Somethng that gets that much attention should be benefiting many, right? So, I tried to help you identify those it may be benefiting. On the other hand, if many do not need it, why the obsession?
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 30, 2013
^^^

I guess you can also pose this same question to you friends who are preoccupied with posting silly and baseless visions of hell , no ?

smiley
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 5:30pm On May 30, 2013
nlMediator:

Thanks my brother for telling him the truth. He is ordained by satan to preach the false doctrine of no hell so as to deceive people. I wonder how somebody who says there is no hell is worrying and tormenting himself when he hears people preach it. Check what he is doing and place it side by side with the efforts that the atheists are making to prove that there is no God and you will see they have the same characteristics. This is why the atheists in one of their threads said they are waiting to receive frosbel into atheism soon with the way he is going about the bible. What a hopeless false preacher. His shame is being exposed by the day. He is just being driven by satanic emotions and not by the bible truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 30, 2013
grin
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:48pm On May 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: Frosbel
Thanks for that piece. This visions on hell were beginning to get to me but somehow I am learning to ignore them all together.

With their leading apostle here on NL, Olaadegbu, never in short supply of these visions.

Apart from Paul saying Satan transforms to angels of light, Jesus started his discourse in MATT 24 with the words DO NOT BE DECEIVED.. FOR MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME SAYING I AM CHRIST... He was not saying we would have the likes of Jesus of Oyingbo, Guru Marathi, etc, (though we have those too), I believe he was telling what we are seeing today: people coming with visions allegedly from Christ - in his name - and bringing words from Him - saying they are Christ.

By their Fruits we will know them
1. This visions feast on the gullible
2. They support a church's narrow doctrinal position
3. They deny the grace of God
4. They paint God as a tyrrant and the aspect of God's love is hidden
5. etc

They cannot be of God.
Well done Frosbel.

You are just being deceived by satan even when God is trying to draw your heart out of frosbels satanic manipulations. Just bear it in mind that you have no excuse before God to give because you have seen this matter extensively argued here, you have heard testimonies of those who have experienced it. You have no single excuse to give God when you leave this world and discover that the no hell satanic preaching of frosbel and his cohorts are lies upon lies. Now of your own volition you have rejected the message and hope you understand the implication? That you cannot blame God when you leave this world that he didnt expose you to this truth. Feel free to make your choice but also note the following points-

1. Our believe or disbelieve of anything in the bible doesnt change its reality. for example, that an atheist refused to believe that there is God doesnt change the truth of the existence of God. Likewise that you dont want to believe that hell exists doesnt change anything about its existence.

2. That you have not experienced something even when others said they have experienced it doesnt make that thing non existing. For example, that an atheist have not experienced the touch of God in his life or salvation even when we have experienced this doesnt make God or his salvation non existing. Likewise, that you have not experienced the vision of hell like the thousands of people around the world who have experienced it does not make it non existing.

3. These testimonies are coming from people of different countries, different culture, different religious background and the descriptions they have given about hell as a place of torment is still the same description Jesus gave about hell in the bible. And a group of hopeless false teachers are here telling you that hell means grave and all the rubbish they are saying and you believe them? You dont have any excuse before God. Its easy for an atheists to say there is no God and bring all sorts nonsense to prove it but does that nullify the existence of God? NO. Its easy for any merchant of lies to come here and tell you there is no hell and misapply the scriptures to prove it to you but does that make hell non existing? NO. Testimonies are part of what God uses to strengthen our believe in his word. For example, today, we believe that Jesus can heal us because we proved it in our lives. We also hear people testify of it in our time(Both those who take medication and those who dont are all healed by God). Not just that we read it in the bible.
I keep saying that if these testimonies were coming only from people of the same church I would ve been doubting it by now.
If it were coming only from christians, i would ve been doubting it by now.
But when it cuts accross denominations and religon, tribes and cultures, and the description they ve given about hell is still that of torment as Jesus described it, then it will be foolishness for me to dismiss hell.
What will make an atheist, a pagan, a budhist etc come out and say that he had a vision of hell and that it is real and he gives his life to Christ if he did not actually see it? People hear this testimonies in crusades and churches and give their lives to Christ, those who are already born again begins to rededicate their lives to Christ. Can satan ever engage in something that will make one single soul give his life to Christ not to talk of thousands and thousands of persons who get saved by listening to these testimonies? NO.

You people are just battling with this bitter truth same way the atheists are battling with the bitter truth of the existence of God.

3 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by nlMediator: 4:22am On May 31, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

I guess you can also pose this same question to you friends who are preoccupied with posting silly and baseless visions of hell , no ?

smiley

Not really. The people that post the visions of hell believe that the postings will benefit many - the multitudes that would be saved from eternal torment if they heed the message. Their messages call for a change in the heart and lives of the viewers. On the other hand, by your own account, your messages on hell hardly benefit anyone. Good people (christians) will escape hell under your message and be in Heaven. So, your message is of no help to them. Bad people will not burn eternally. But this would still happen whether you tell them or not. They do not need to make any adjustments to their life to receive or enjoy the outcome you predict. So, why the barrage of messages repeating the same thing over and over to people that need not do anything to enjoy it?

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 6:35am On May 31, 2013
nlMediator:

Not really. The people that post the visions of hell believe that the postings will benefit many - the multitudes that would be saved from eternal torment if they heed the message. Their messages call for a change in the heart and lives of the viewers. On the other hand, by your own account, your messages on hell hardly benefit anyone. Good people (christians) will escape hell under your message and be in Heaven. So, your message is of no help to them. Bad people will not burn eternally. But this would still happen whether you tell them or not. They do not need to make any adjustments to their life to receive or enjoy the outcome you predict. So, why the barrage of messages repeating the same thing over and over to people that need not do anything to enjoy it?

They are just being hunted by this bitter truth that's why you see them battling and tormenting themselves to free their minds from it as if that would change its reality. If they are sure of the useless message of no hell they are preaching why are they stressing themselves? Truth is hunting them. Meanwhile God is using these testimonies to comfirm what is written in the scriptures that there is hell and thank God anywhere this testimonies are delivered, thousands of people give their lives to Christ. And of course satan cannot be part of what will cause people to give their lives to Christ or what will cause born again christians to rededicate their lives to Christ. I wonder what will make Linda, the sierra leonian lady who has always rejected the truth about hell and even quarelled with her born again sister severally about it suddenly say that she has experienced hell and that it is real and gave her life to Christ if she truly did not experience it. And some useless and hopeless teachers are here deceiving people that there is no after life. Rubbish.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:45am On May 31, 2013
2 things to add :

1. While God does indeed show dreams and visions, they must always line up with scripture.
2. It is the Word of GOD that saves through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. We are not saved by visions or dreams.

Most of the visions promoted here by fanatics are false, childish and outright scams to scare God's children into fearing GOD rather than loving him.

When I was a young boy, my love for my dad was not based on fear but a returning of his own love for me, his sacrifices for my future and even his discipline. It was never based on fear that he will punish me.

Same thing with GOD , we love him for his love for us, his sacrifices , especially that of his Son ,and I dare say , even of his discipline, for when he disciplines us , he does so for our own good.

To therefore 'love' God out of fear is not true love , to 'love' God because of a vision of hell is even worse , it is downright hypocrisy and false love, no wonder the fruits of such people are harshness, anger , judgmentalism etc.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 11:31am On May 31, 2013
[quote author=nlMediator]

Not really. The people that post the visions of hell believe that the postings will benefit many

But their belief is founded on a LIE , for all these visions are scams, false and totally not scriptural.

For instance :

"I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell." - 2 Corinthians 12:4

Tell me, how did we go from Paul seeing a vision and not being permitted to tell what he saw , to a plethora of visions where contrary to Paul's experience, the 'mystics' are 100% certain they left their bodies and were permitted to tell all they saw .

the multitudes that would be saved from eternal torment if they heed the message.

No !

Multitudes will not be saved by these baseless and scam visions, we are saved by the Word of GOD . There is not one instance in the early church where anyone was saved by visions or dreams , they were saved by the preaching of the word of GOD backed by the power of the Holy Spirit. Period !!!

Their messages call for a change in the heart and lives of the viewers.

Laughable to say the least, how does telling someone that makeup is made from from the blood of saints benefit anyone ?

A change of heart can only be brought about the power of the Holy Spirit, not some crazy vision.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10

On the other hand, by your own account, your messages on hell hardly benefit anyone.

Speak for yourself, has anyone told you they have not benefited from the articles in question or is this another one of your presumptions.

Good people (christians) will escape hell under your message and be in Heaven.

No one will be in heaven, read my posts again. smiley
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by DrummaBoy(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2013
alexleo:

You are just being deceived by satan even when God is trying to draw your heart out of frosbels satanic manipulations. Just bear it in mind that you have no excuse before God to give because you have seen this matter extensively argued here, you have heard testimonies of those who have experienced it. You have no single excuse to give God when you leave this world and discover that the no hell satanic preaching of frosbel and his cohorts are lies upon lies. Now of your own volition you have rejected the message and hope you understand the implication? That you cannot blame God when you leave this world that he didnt expose you to this truth. Feel free to make your choice but also note the following points-

I appreciate your message to me.

However, the reason why your counsel is hard to receive is bc it betrays the same spirit that the hell revelators are trying to pass along: cohersion to devotion through fear.

Now, apparently you got my message wrong. I am not very sure of Frosbel's position on hell. But this is my position: Hell does exist. Hell was made for Satan and his cohorts. Hell shall have in them (also) as many as refuse to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his saving work on the cross. Hell shall not have (genuine) Christians in it. And finally, the vision of hell as being propagated by many on this forum, led by Olaadegbu, yourself and others, are lies from Satan.

This is the word I believe God gave me concerning fear mongers like you and the others:

"...That their hearts be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God(doctrine of grace, Ephesians 3:2-4), and of the Father, and of Christ... and this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words... As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him (you received him by faith so walk by faith and not depending Mosaic Law for your rule of life): rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the fatih, as you have been taught (according to scriptures), abounding therein with thanksgiving (not fear). Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deciet, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ... And you are complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power (my salvation is complete and finished; I am not trying to make heaven... heaven for me is made!)... Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days (or of TITHING, or of covering of hair, wearing lipsticks, wearing trousers, wearing wigs, etc, as is propagated by the Deeper Life Church and other hell-vision deceived sects): which are a shaddow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels(and these visions and not wanting in angels), intruding into those things which he has not seen (propagating visions of hell you have not seen, but depending on a third party to tell), vainly puffed by his fleshly mind (the pride and self righteousness of these prophets on Nairaland is palpable), and not holding the Head(rather they hold unto what their General Superintendant says and not what Christ says), from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishement ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God..." Colosian 2:1-23

It will do you well to read the whole chapter because it ministers a lot to folks like you.

Two final words:

1. Notice from the begining of the qoute the calling for the Christian is to understand the mystery of God's word as delivered to Paul - that is the doctrine of God's grace. Some call it Church age doctrine. Jesus did not preach that message (in whole) bc the church was not birth until he died and shed his blood. This is what we are called to understand, and find comfort in.

2. Notice how many times in this chapter alone Paul emphasises "Let no man...". He envisioned the days when hell revelators will infitrate the church and begin to teach false doctrine and those days are here. Jesus said the same thing in Mattthew 24:4: "Take heed that no man deceive you".

I agree with Frosbel that the message of the cross is a message of God's love to a dying world and not fear; because fear breeds torment and no man is made perfect in fear.

I know you would not agree with me but I write this for other who may benefit.

I am taking one month leave from Nairaland religious section to attend to my academic work. I trust God to be back in July with a bang. I will still make out time to read posts but will rarely contribute.

Stay well everyone and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2013
alexleo:

They are just being hunted by this bitter truth that's why you see them battling and tormenting themselves to free their minds from it as if that would change its reality. If they are sure of the useless message of no hell they are preaching why are they stressing themselves? Truth is hunting them. Meanwhile God is using these testimonies to comfirm what is written in the scriptures that there is hell and thank God anywhere this testimonies are delivered, thousands of people give their lives to Christ. And of course satan cannot be part of what will cause people to give their lives to Christ or what will cause born again christians to rededicate their lives to Christ. I wonder what will make Linda, the sierra leonian lady who has always rejected the truth about hell and even quarelled with her born again sister severally about it suddenly say that she has experienced hell and that it is real and gave her life to Christ if she truly did not experience it. And some useless and hopeless teachers are here deceiving people that there is no after life. Rubbish.

Bro, as much as I am with you with eternal torment to the unrighteous, I am not for any new revelation from any man asides that which is in the bible-I have little confidence/poise in those people who speak of having received direct revelations
from the Lord, as though he appeared otherwise than by and through the sacred scriptures. His word 
is so full, so perfect, that for God to make any fresh revelation/expośe to you or me is quite needless.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, as much as am with you with eternal torment to the unrighteous, I am not for any new revelation from any man asides that which is in the bible-I have little confidence/poise in those people who speak of having received direct revelations
from the Lord, as though he appeared otherwise than by and through the sacred scriptures. His word 
is so full, so perfect, that for God to make any fresh revelation/expośe to you or me is quite needless.

Nice and on point , except the eternal torment bit.

God is not in the torture business, let us leave that to the hitlers and stalins of this world.

Let us remain with the simplicity of scripture, that the wages of SIN is death, then we will be offering people 2 choices :

1. Immortality - living forever in a new heaven and earth wherein dwells righteousness.
2. Death - eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord.

Always remember that death itself will be destroyed and not remain anywhere in the universe forever.

"he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken." - Isaiah 25:8
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by shdemidemi(m): 12:41pm On May 31, 2013
frosbel:
God is not in the torture business, let us leave that to the hitlers and stalins of this world.
Let us remain with the simplicity of scripture, that the wages of SIN is death, then we will be offering people 2 choices :
1. Immortality - living forever in a new heaven and earth wherein dwells righteousness.
2. Death - eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord.
Always remember that death itself will be destroyed and not remain anywhere in the universe forever.
"he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken." - Isaiah 25:8

Bro, the wages of sin is death simply means the price tag for our righteousness is the death of Christ, it has nothing to do with heaven or hell. Give me scriptural reasons why you think the unrighteous would not face eternal torment. We see evidence of eternal torture every where in the bible, If we doubt God’s Word about one thing, we will have small confidence in another thing. Sincere faith in God must treat all God’s Word alike; for the faith, which accepts one word of God and rejects another is evidently not faith in God, but faith in our own judgment, faith in our own taste
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, the wages of sin is death simply means the price tag for our righteousness is the death of Christ, it has nothing to do with heaven or hell. Give me scriptural reasons why you think the unrighteous would not face eternal torment.

Wrong !!

The wages of sin is death , means the death of the sinner, read Ezekiel chapters 18 and 36. When ADAM sinned the punishment was the curse of death.

It has not changed !

Also , it is morally unacceptable in most decent societies to burn thieves, torture victims, torment the weak and old, mutilate our enemies etc. We all agree that the catholic church carried out some of the worse crimes of torture in medieval times, which included but was not limited to burnings at the stake, cutting out tongues and disembowelment of their victims. We find these acts which were temporary very cruel and evil.

Why then is it, that we moral beings would dare insinuate that the God of mercy , justice and love will do 1000 times worse evils than all these wicked demons who plagued mankind for centuries ? Are we not putting the character of God on par with that of SATAN when we make these outrageous and misleading remarks about eternal torment ?

Who benefits from this torture business ?

It is important we reexamine all traditional doctrine we have learnt to ensure that they line up with the bible , otherwise we will be placing obstacles in the paths of millions who want to enter the kingdom but who find it difficult to reconcile a loving GOD to a monstrous sadist.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by shdemidemi(m): 1:14pm On May 31, 2013
wrong ke...Through Adam we all died, through Christ we were all made alive. This happened because Christ paid the ransom with his life. A believer would never die regardless of what he does or what he does not.

Line the doctrine you are propagating up with the scriptures then. If the bible calls it eternal torture, I believe it.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 31, 2013
shdemidemi: wrong ke...Through Adam we all died, through Christ we were all made alive. This happened because Christ paid the ransom with his life. A believer would never die regardless of what he does or what he does not.

The penalty of Sin is death.

Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins, though he had no sin, so that if we believe on him we will never see death, and death in this context means irreversible second death which happens after the white throne judgement.

Line the doctrine you are propagating up with the scriptures then. If the bible calls it eternal torture, I believe it.

The onus is on you.

1. Is it morally acceptable to accuse human beings of wickedness when you carry out an even greater act of wickedness which never ends for all eternity.

2. Why is this so called important doctrine not mentioned once in the acts of the apostles , in the letters written by the apostles, in the epistles etc.

3. Why did God hide this important doctrine from Adam, Abraham, David etc ?

4. Show me your scriptures which back an eternal hell.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by shdemidemi(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2013
frosbel:

The onus is on you.

1. Is it morally acceptable to accuse human beings of wickedness when you carry out an even greater act of wickedness which never ends for all eternity.

2. Why is this so called important doctrine not mentioned once in the acts of the apostles , in the letters written by the apostles, in the epistles etc.

3. Why did God hide this important doctrine from Adam, Abraham, David etc ?

4. Show me your scriptures which back an eternal hell.

1)MORALS---You don't apply morals to the things of God cos you know in part, you are limited to your five senses. therefore, I am prepared to believe WHATEVER it says, and to take it believing it to be the Word of God; for if it is not all true, it is not worth ANYTHING to me. It may be to the man/woman who is so wise that he can pick out the true from the false; but I am such a fool that I could not do that.

2)Hell was not mentioned because people qualified to make heaven strictly by election and promise, the rest were condemned.

3) Rev 14:10-11, Daniel 12:2 etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Solution To Corona Virus (Day 106) / Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? / The Locust Army Ministries (church)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.