Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter - Science/Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (125609 Views)

'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by okey777(m): 5:03am On Dec 31, 2013
Gr8 umudyke,kudos
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by shizzle11(m): 5:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Op, more power to your elbow. This is very impressive. I pray and really you get all the support and assistance you require.
Kudos!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by POPEII: 5:22am On Dec 31, 2013
The sky is your limit bro
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by gbadexy(m): 6:27am On Dec 31, 2013
All I can say is wow! I'm impressed.
I hope this gets to the appropriate authorities.
Perhaps you may tweet reuben abati to make it have some important attention.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by deols(f): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2013
Well done!!!

You are an inspiration!!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Goahead(m): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2013
kudos.... I,m really impressed by this, but were you inside the heli when it was flying?.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by deols(f): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2013
Jakumo: You is da man, Parkingzzz. I never thought that bird would fly, but your design evolved, and sure enough, your helicopter took to the air.

Balancing the fly-bar paddles, rotor-blades and swash-plate are very delicate procedures that must be performed with great precision, or the helicopter will shake itself to bits when you try to spool up for takeoff. You were finally able to accomplish that very exacting task, and I truly admire the determintaion and ingenuity you have showed all along.

All the best with your future in RC aviation, or perhaps even in full-scale aircraft design. You have shown in this thread some serious potential in that field, and I wish you nothing but the very best as you move forward and build on the knowledge you have acquired mostly on your own thus far.

Fantastic job

If Jakumo says it is fantastic, It sure is.

I particularly like how you string words. You are Good!

I hope You'll get all the help.you need.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by docjuli(m): 6:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Well done. Waiting to see this on ChannelsTV, National Dailies not some open letter things by some leaders.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Marleek(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2013
Hi bro i know you would have gone through a difficult stress on achieving your aim but all the same, you really tried and i gotta commend you for this.......Besides am also building a chopper and it is halfway done....it is a very small prototype of an explorer heli.I'll publicise it when am done.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by LOVEGINO(m): 7:10am On Dec 31, 2013
grin Dis 1 na UFO o.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 31, 2013
OP please get in touch with me. I have smething very invaluable to contribute to this. olamideadeyale@gmail.com
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by omoredia: 7:23am On Dec 31, 2013
Great job! Is people like u that makes us think Nigeria still has some hope! Keep it up bro and update us on ur feats!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by travelxpat(m): 8:17am On Dec 31, 2013
You are a MAD genius. I studied mechanical engineering with special interest in design.you are a crazy wiz.you don't give up easily ,you damn consequences.I did something of this nature once in my 200level, design of a space craft prototype to scale taking off and landing with the help of magnetic fields.I had a thought of using the earth magnetic field for bigger craft but the dream was killed by bunch of Thomases I had around me.I wished naira land was functioning then ,maybe I would have been virtually encouraged.
You are the bomb
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Onlytruth(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2013
OP, I have some solid advice for you, and you should pay very careful attention to them.
Here we go.

(1) NEVER leave Nigeria for any other reason than to go and buy things, or do certificate courses in Engineering, or the like, and RETURN pronto to Nigeria and STAY there.

2) Do not go for degree courses in this because you really don't need it. What you need, you already have and that is TALENT and PASSION to pursue a career in flight engineering and production. Worst case scenario you develop a company that only improve on parts for flying machines, and you could corner a niche that people would come from different parts of the world to buy from you in Nigeria. Believe me this is possible because you are passionate enough (I saw what you did on the first page).

(3) Try and register a company in Nigeria for developing flying things and parts. The field is capital intensive as you found out, but there are always investors who will come only when they see that you are seriously focused on this and watch you successfully surmount initial challenges. They will come later, trust me. For now, HUSTLE to set up that company. It shall employ you and many others like you later. cool

(4) If you are from Imo or Abia, please locate the company in Owerri or Enugu (these two cities have airports and thus you can have international interaction whenever you really want). You need that international interraction (that is why people mistakenly leave Nigeria), and still develop your company successfully in Nigeria. Companies in all parts of the world do this too. No country is an island onto itself today, so to say.

(5) NEVER leave Eastern Nigeria for any other place in Nigeria. Borrow a leaf from Innoson auto manufacturing company Nnewi and stay in the East. It would be TOUGH at first, but if you survive for about 2-5 years, you will succeed in establishing a premier Nigerian "Boeing" in the long run. cool

Most of the top companies in IT were founded by non-conformers; some of whom are school dropouts. They drop out because they do not want others to stiffle or dilute their passion and ingeniuty. Passion and talent is all you need in this life, not necessarily uni degree.

It is time young Nigerians started to build engineering companies FROM SCRATCH. Times for "jobs" after graduating from uni are long gone!

Nwanne, jisie ike.

Keep me posted on your progress at ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com

Signed,

Onlytruth.

9 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ikeyman00(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2013
@@@

contact biafra as soon as possible!

u place is cemented!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by omenka(m): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2013
This the kind of project that command my respect (the first one especially which the op built from recycled materials) not the military coming up bragging about the production of some useless toy, celebrating mediocrity with all the resources at their disposal.

This dude right here built something from virtually nothing. He expended energy, sweat, and blood, to see this baby come alive!!

May this herald a new dawn in your life as you get a much needed support to create even more fantastic stuffs that would make every well meaning Nigerian proud.

Well done man. Proud of you. Applause!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by adeoflagos: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2013
While the OP did a good job of dedicating his time and money to come up with this project, it seems Nigerians in our usual myopic way has started coming up with different ideas and comments. The most important thing here is that the OP irrespective of financial challenges and scarcity did all he could to start the project. Now about building toy RC helicopters, it is not a big deal in itself because an average high school student in the West can do the same. All the information is available on the internet and the materials can be purchased as well. You do not need an engineering degree to build one but a degree (in electrical engineering or similar one) may help and make the building process easier. All the parts for building an RC helicopter can be purchased on the internet. The biggest thing would have been if he had completed the first project he initiated where he was using locally available materials to build an RC helicopter and if had build one successfully from parts recycled from different products. And if has a prototype of such. I was more impressed when he showed some of his designs for the parts and then cutting these into shape. Those are the big things because those are his ideas.

Finally, my advice to you is to go on building stuffs. My advice to others who are reading this post and coming up with up with different ideas from crazy to mundane is that you can also give such project a shot if you have the time and resources, and the internet to gather information. There are so many online RC groups. However, most important is that whatever you do, do it safely. I have owned three UAVs and I spend good part of my time online gathering information about them but honestly I do not have the time to build one myself. I am waiting on my 7-yr son to grow up a bit before I start buying the materials for him to build one himself. He spend a good part of his time trying to build flying objects, with different designs, he could throw into the sky using different materials (paper, cardboard, foils, and others).

Once again, kudos to you at least starting the project.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by aviazuva: 9:49am On Dec 31, 2013
Congrats Obinna. This is the type of topics we should be seeing and discussing on NL. Congrats once more
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Decryptor(m): 9:50am On Dec 31, 2013
Charles.nerd:

I have never been this impressed by a Nigerian graduate,let alone an undergraduate,in a supposed "mushroom" university ,in a "backward" state!.

The sky is your starting point,you are on the path to greatness,if you keep this up.
This is to prove to people who had this perception that is not about names like "OAU", "UI" etc. It is about the brain-power and innovation of an individual.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Decryptor(m): 9:56am On Dec 31, 2013
Onlytruth: OP, I have some solid advice for you, and you should pay very careful attention to them.
Here we go.

(1) NEVER leave Nigeria for any other reason than to go and buy things, or do certificate courses in Engineering, or the like, and RETURN pronto to Nigeria and STAY there.

(5) NEVER leave Eastern Nigeria for any other place in Nigeria. Borrow a leaf from Innoson auto manufacturing company Nnewi and stay in the East. It would be TOUGH at first, but if you survive for about 2-5 years, you will succeed in establishing a premier Nigerian "Boeing" in the long run. cool

I really love those parts
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by 9icegee: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2013
for the very first time in my little stay here, i read a 14 page thread from start to finish. thank god i had a relativly less busy day and had time on my hands to do so. am impressed with wot iv seen, since am also in the engineering field. but il echo wot adeoflagos said by quoting him below...
adeoflagos: the OP did a good job of dedicating his time and money to come up with this project. The most important thing here is that the OP irrespective of financial challenges and scarcity did all he could to start the project. Now about building toy RC helicopters, it is not a big deal in itself because an average high school student in the West can do the same. All the information is available on the internet and the materials can be purchased as well. You do not need an engineering degree to build one but a degree (in electrical engineering or similar one) may help and make the building process easier. All the parts for building an RC helicopter can be purchased on the internet. The biggest thing would have been if he had completed the first project he initiated where he was using locally available materials to build an RC helicopter and if had build one successfully from parts recycled from different products. And if has a prototype of such. I was more impressed when he showed some of his designs for the parts and then cutting these into shape. Those are the big things because those are his ideas.
Emphasis on the bolded. so, if ever he comes around to read my comments, let him get back to tht his original idea, start from scratch if neccessary, bring out something tht can have a lift, no mather how minimal, den he can evolve from there. now tht's true ingenuity, thts de real original! tht will be the big deal!

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by NSNA: 10:31am On Dec 31, 2013
genius stuff, well done
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Peterwizzy: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2013
i had a power plant design Which would be useful to the world, i contacted a lot of organizations ,no one replied, i guess they don't believe or they think it 419,im taking my plan B though, just keep working hard,hopefully we might be the ones to change the way people view Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Blakjewelry(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Good bro i am following this.
Guys like you is the reason i started sciencefortress.com strctly for science pips although it has suffered a setback due to my broken laptop, i think we should try and come together to move science and tech to the next level.
As we all know nigeria is a social-cultural country with no science culture that is why you see movies, musics tourism and cultural art sell big time while the science community is being push to one corner.
More greeze to ur elbow
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Jammy2012(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2013
Kingsley.... My happiness today is at its acme. I thank almighty God for coming across these stuffs. I give kudos to you man. You rekindled the splint of ideas on me. I gave on helicopter two years ago. But I think its high time I started again. You are a heli-freak. Thumb up. I will like to know you better. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by udefrancis22: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2013
I am also building a 1.2kg quardcopter, but I am having problems find battery and motor, if u can help, pls email me @ udefrancis22@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2013
Onlytruth: OP, I have some solid advice for you, and you should pay very careful attention to them.
Here we go.

2) Do not go for degree courses in this because you really don't need it. What you need, you already have and that is TALENT and PASSION to pursue a career in flight engineering and production. Worst case scenario you develop a company that only improve on parts for flying machines, and you could corner a niche that people would come from different parts of the world to buy from you in Nigeria. Believe me this is possible because you are passionate enough (I saw what you did on the first page).

(3) Try and register a company in Nigeria for developing flying things and parts. The field is capital intensive as you found out, but there are always investors who will come only when they see that you are seriously focused on this and watch you successfully surmount initial challenges. They will come later, trust me. For now, HUSTLE to set up that company. It shall employ you and many others like you later. cool

(4) If you are from Imo or Abia, please locate the company in Owerri or Enugu (these two cities have airports and thus you can have international interaction whenever you really want). You need that international interraction (that is why people mistakenly leave Nigeria), and still develop your company successfully in Nigeria. Companies in all parts of the world do this too. No country is an island onto itself today, so to say.

Most of the top companies in IT were founded by non-conformers; some of whom are school dropouts. They drop out because they do not want others to stiffle or dilute their passion and ingeniuty. Passion and talent is all you need in this life, not necessarily uni degree.

It is time young Nigerians started to build engineering companies FROM SCRATCH. Times for "jobs" after graduating from uni are long gone!

Nwanne, jisie ike.

Signed,

Onlytruth.

Nonsense!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by shogz89: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2013
Here we go.

Nwanne, jisie ike.

Signed,

Onlytruth.

Why dint you add he should not leave his father's compound or better still his room
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by musaajebor(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2013
Wallahi these ibo boys are gonna turn naija to afro-chinko. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by feelamong(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2013
This is the best posting I have seen in a long while on Nairaland...

I have made some contacts on how we could assist you most especially in the area of patenting and exposure to bigger things ( I deal with some PE guys)

By this time next month be rest assured that we would be sorting somethings you with your lawyers (hope yopu get a very good one soon)

Well done Bro!! Daalu Nwanne!!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Goahead: kudos.... I,m really impressed by this, but were you inside the heli when it was flying?.
if for say cyberspace na one kind physical realm, I for plank you with this rubbish question wey you just ask. sad

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
@op can collaborate with jumia to produce drones for package delieveries just like Amazon is doing

perhaps, apply for youWin program and get funding so you can produce and supply this things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! / Download First Touch Soccer 2017 ( FTS 17) Apk And Data File / Secret Code To Listen To Another Person Call 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.