Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack (16070 Views)

Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies / 19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by dulphines: 10:46am On May 30, 2013
It may have made sense if he killed those that sacked him.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by sniperwolf(m): 10:47am On May 30, 2013
kevoh: Mr. Patrick, how does suicide solve the problem? You are creating more untold hardship for your unknown family by not staying alive for them.
They say : 'As long as there is life there is hope'

Suicide is a cowardly act. He doesn't want to be alive to witness the hardship
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by donlyone(m): 10:48am On May 30, 2013
sad story really. The/His poor family he left behind will have to look for money to bury him now, he just made their situation worst.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Opey4luv(m): 10:48am On May 30, 2013
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by born2fuckpussy: 10:49am On May 30, 2013
dulphines: It may have made sense if he killed those that sacked him.
what of those who never withness work before or jobless on the street.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by dominique(f): 10:57am On May 30, 2013

What sense would that have made?
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Originalsly: 11:00am On May 30, 2013
Krasid: Too bad.I don't blame him though,since it will be hard to find another job in this country.But the wife and the children will be left to suffer what they did not know about.
I guess you may do the same if sacked. Jobs are hard to get yes...but you have to at least try....did he?...will you?
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Freiburger(m): 11:01am On May 30, 2013
CrazyMan:
Now he's succeeded in taking his life, who does he expect to cater for his family...foolish man.
People don't usually have a second thought before taking decisions like this, that is where the role of a support group can never be ruled out like Ogugua rightly said.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by dowjones(m): 11:07am On May 30, 2013
Suicidal people are DEPRESSED people. That guy must have been full of REGRET and LOW SELF WORTH. The loss of his job simply filled the cup, its not the reason for his act.

1 Like

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Micafred101: 11:11am On May 30, 2013
why is he doing dis 2 himself
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by salt1: 11:14am On May 30, 2013
What a horrible thing to do! Moving from one problem to an eternal problem. Some people think that death ends it but there is life after death and nobody who commits suicide will make heaven. You can't take the life you didn't create
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Freiburger(m): 11:21am On May 30, 2013
dowjones: Suicidal people are DEPRESSED people. That guy must have been full of REGRET and LOW SELF WORTH. The loss of his job simply filled the cup, its not the reason for his act.
You are technically right, The mechanism that motivated the whole action cant just be attached to the job loss alone.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by kufreabasi(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2013
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

This is so sad.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by emmabest2000(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2013
I think the sack isn't the only reason for his action , TOO BAD
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by redcliff: 11:29am On May 30, 2013
[size=14pt]This man is a very wicked person..He had to cut the dependency of his children on him and their perceived destiny by this act. He's running away from the uncertain and doesnt know he might be going to a more uncertain destination.[/size]
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by thorpido(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2013
Such a selfish man.

Life does not belong to you.Life is a gift from God.It's really not in the hands of man to take it.

For everyone who may feel suicidal,there's a deposit in you that is a blessing for other people.If you will see beyond yourself,you'll have many things to live for.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by 1forall: 12:12pm On May 30, 2013
Krasid: Too bad.I don't blame him though,since it will be hard to find another job in this country.But the wife and the children will be left to suffer what they did not know about.

shocked shocked
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by kevoh(m): 12:33pm On May 30, 2013
Originalsly: I guess you may do the same if sacked. Jobs are hard to get yes...but you have to at least try....did he?...will you?
We should desist from wishing hopeless situations on ourselves and others.
Mr. Patrick can get a job as a danfo /taxi driver I believe there are folks in Benin who are looking for trustworthy people to help them do this business.I,for example, am looking for a trustworthy driver to help with keke Napep business.
Mr.Patrick can take up laundry services alongside planting cassava on a borrowed farm and sharing the profits with the owner, he could get a loan of 100 to 150k and set up a small canteen in that same motor park, he could do a hell lot of things if he only he was willing to think and start doing something other than killing himself.
All the above points might no be actual solutions to Mr.Patrick's problems as I don't know if he borrowed a huge sum of money from loan sharks, school fees or house rent. But one thing I know is suicide is definitely not an option.

Sorry for the long epistle folks.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Ishilove: 12:34pm On May 30, 2013
J12: He's a coward. Is he the only unemployed father in the country? I suspect there are other reasons behind his suicide.
You have spoken my mind. He was prolly mentally unbalanced or under demonic manipulation.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Freiburger(m): 12:36pm On May 30, 2013
You sound like another potential actor.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by rallymento(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2013
Wicked and selfish man! What will bcom of those he left behind? Is not as if he works with a multinational company undecided . Na him sabi!
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Polalowo: 1:02pm On May 30, 2013
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by IGBOSON1: 1:44pm On May 30, 2013
I wish there was a way i could contact the wife and kids directly, so i can convey my condolences and help out with the little i have......at least for the kids sake!

This is the kind of news i hate hearing, and i'm sure that family will be left to suffer- upon all the thieving politicians and billionaires we have in this country; most of them will read this story and move to the next either thinking it's not their problem or that they're helping enough people already (not minding the fact they have idle millions/billions stashed away in the bank).
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by ELgordo(m): 1:47pm On May 30, 2013
dayuum its a damn shame. . . we all know where he's going. . . wen there's life there is hope
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Lakayana: 1:59pm On May 30, 2013
I think he is a coward if life throws you a lemon business has started just look for sugar and water you are in the lemonade business.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by dnawah(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2013
Visa lotory to hell.but y na bros,u no no say hope still dey with Jesus?
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by deinmaafie(f): 3:49pm On May 30, 2013
J12: He's a coward. Is he the only unemployed father in the country? I suspect there are other reasons behind his suicide.
Exactly what i wanted to comment
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Picomon(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2013
Abujafood: Those of you calling him a coward should pray never to suffer from severe depression, then you'll understand that suicide has little to do with cowardice!

True talk. Some folks here just talk as if they don't have common sense. No one truly understands what the man went tru or the main reason why he committed sucide.

Depression ain't a good thing, even people who say ' No matter what, I will never commit suicide' are the ones who enagage in that act the most.

That's why it's always advisable to treat people nicely because everyone you come across is really fighting a hard battle.

1 Like

Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by laoma15(m): 4:21pm On May 30, 2013
This why we need to be our brothers keeper in this country. The neighbours were aware of his state of mind having lost his job. Did anyone offered to counsel him or offered any word of encouragement? we lost one good Nigerian yet again due to insensitivity of people around. Poor labour could also have contributed to this. In Nigeria anyone can just hire and fire at will.
Too much shedding of blood and lost of life in the Land!
Fellow Nigerians please be your brothers keeper.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Katier00(f): 4:28pm On May 30, 2013
he is very selfish
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by babakaka(m): 4:32pm On May 30, 2013
Abujafood: Those of you calling him a coward should pray never to suffer from severe depression, then you'll understand that suicide has little to do with cowardice!
ure 100% right
Re: Father Of 3 Commits Suicide After Sack by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 30, 2013

So instead of judging him based on what little this article gives you should find out more about him. People dont commit suicide for one reason.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Be Really Worried If Your Are Not Making Mistakes / Fire At DSTV-Philips Ojota Studio Building / How Will A Life Without The Internet Affect You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.