Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:05 PM

Exclusive Interview With The Limpopo Master 'kcee' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive Interview With The Limpopo Master 'kcee' (1306 Views)

What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? / The Limpopo Master Couldn't Believe / Photo: See Limpopo Master Kcee Washing The Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Interview With The Limpopo Master 'kcee' by Nekaoflife(f): 9:38am On May 30, 2013
Call him KCEE, or Okpekete Master or better still Limpopo King and you would not be wrong. This talented artiste has in recent times kept fans on their feet with his newest drop ‘Limpopo’. HAPPENINGS chats with him on his journey into music and the birth of Limpopo.

Tell us about yourself

My name is Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo aka Kcee. I call myself the Okpekete master but right now my fans call me the “Limpopo master/king”. I am your boyfriend and I’m also a potential Maga.

Educational background

I schooled in Tolu primary school, Ajegunle then went on to Central High school, Isolo before going to UNN (University if Nsukka).

I didn’t study music; my father was a DJ and he used to sell CD’s and records back in the days, so I grew up assisting my dad in his music business. So it helped me build up my knowledge of music. I heard a whole lot of music; afro, rap, r ‘n’ b, high life, so I have a whole lot of brands of music in my head.

While in that music background did you always know that you would go into music professionally?

Not really, I thought I was going to be a footballer, I remember when I was in AJ I used to play for Julius Berger, I also played for Puma. So I thought it was going to be football for me but I always had this belief that I was definitely going to be in the entertainment industry because it’s my love, my heart, my everything. I needed to make sure I get my dreams; it was between music and football. At the end of the day, the God that always writes scripts has written mine, I was just acting in it; I thought I was going into football but I found myself doing music.

Your parents’ reaction when you said you were going to do music

My father didn’t actually support me when I started like most fathers, he was like; you need to go to school. My mom was the one actually supporting my career, financially, morally and other wise. The first time I went for a show and I came back, my father tied my legs, my hands and then he flogged me, he was like “you’re not my child any more, why would you go for a show at night”.

The first time I came back home with money when I performed somewhere, Julius Agwu introduced me to some guys then, I did ‘Oh Play Safe’ rave for Gold circle condom, then they were raising awareness for HIV so I did the performance with my partner and I was paid N20, 000, I went home and tendered the money to my parents, they were impressed. It was at that point my father started supporting me.

Now my dad prays for me when I’m recording or shooting a video; whatever I’m doing he prays first.

Watch the video interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DJ3Uso32N9k

Read the rest of the interview here: http://www.happenings9ja.com/happenings/posts/entertainment-lifestyle/music-movies/top-man-exclusive-interview-with-kcee-the-%98limpopo-master#sthash.uFnIPySW.dpuf
Re: Exclusive Interview With The Limpopo Master 'kcee' by Nekaoflife(f): 10:35am On May 30, 2013
so he's father tied him and flogged him, lolz

(1) (Reply)

‘I Wish I Could Wake Up Every Morning & See All My Kids’ – Tuface Opens Up In A / Alexander Amosu N250 Million Wine Is A Publicity Stunt / Picture That Made Kanye West Fall In Love With Kim Kardashian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.