Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue (20518 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) / Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by jum33: 11:44am On May 30, 2013
hello All ,
My brake system is binding and i need suggestions on how to relax the effect on my driving wheel .
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by Ikenna351(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2013
jum33: hello All ,
My brake system is binding and i need suggestions on how to relax the effect on my driving wheel .

How many wheels are the brake binding? 1,2 or the 4 wheels?

Ikenna.
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by jum33: 2:09pm On May 30, 2013
@Ikenna
The two front wheel
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by Ikenna351(m): 4:25pm On May 30, 2013
jum33: @Ikenna
The two front wheel

Then the culprit is the brake master cylinder. Its directly attached on brake booster in the engine bay.

I believe the cylinder has two chambers: front and rear pinions. Wash and rekit the cylinders.

Ikenna.
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by jum33: 6:35am On May 31, 2013
Thanks Ikenna351,
Then if binding is affecting one wheel at the front,what is to done.
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by jum33: 6:35am On May 31, 2013
Thanks Ikenna351,
Then if the binding is affecting one wheel at the front,what is to done.
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:22am On May 31, 2013
jum33: Thanks Ikenna351,
Then if binding is affecting one wheel at the front,what is to done.

it might be the pistol in the brake caliper

when you step the brakes the pistol is pushed by brake fluid and the pistol pushes the brake pads and the car stops and the pistol is supposed to push back to allow free movement, if it doesnt you end up having the wheel binding
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by Ikenna351(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

it might be the pistol in the brake caliper

when you step the brakes the pistol is pushed by brake fluid and the pistol pushes the brake pads and the car stops and the pistol is supposed to push back to allow free movement, if it doesnt you end up having the wheel binding

Well said.

He should also note that a failed brake flexible hose would give the same symptom on 1 wheel.

I suggested the rekitting of brake master cylinder because he said the brake binding occurs on 2 wheels. Because it will be weird for 2 wheels brake flexible hoses or caliper pinions to fail at the same time, unless the car was parked for a long time, making the pinions to rust inside the calipers.

Ikenna.
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by RipVanWink: 5:37pm On May 31, 2013
is the car a 4runner?..4th gen 4runners are known to have this problem..the caliper piston is rusted and is pushed out permanently.....ur rims heat up after a short driving distance....most people dont notice it cos the 4runner engine is strong and rugged...its only the increased fuel consumption that will make u suspect
Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
WHAT'S ALL THESE GRAMMAR FOR? RUN YOUR CALIPERS, AND IF MASTER BRAKE IS FAULTY JUST CHANGE IT....BUT GET AN AUTO MECH THAT KNOWS HIS ONIONS...BUT MY QUESTION IS- DID YOU BUY A CAR WITHOUT HAVING AN AUTO MECH OR ARE YOU TRYING TO BE SMARTER THAN HIM? IF THE LATER YOU MAY END UP PAYING MORE FOR LESS...SINCE HE MAY HAVE NO FREE HAND TO WORK...

ADVICE GET A SEASONED AUTO MECH...YOUR PROBLEM IS A FAIRLY SIMPLE ONE.

1 Like

Re: How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2015

(1) (Reply)

PAN Faults FG's Plan To Reduce Import Duty On Vehicles / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / 52,000 Porsche Macan Recalled Due To Fuel Odour In The Cabin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.