Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality (1265 Views)

Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs / Top Ten Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And How Much They Cost / Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2013
Why can't people create their own idea?? Must we copy one another?

So many great ideas have been copycatted by many people.

Take noodles for example, we now have over 10 producers. Even Dangote self join... Must they copy indomie? The funny thing is they all come in same style, same taste, same pattern & some even use the same colour of pack!

Close-up faced the same fate. The worst is "Morning Fresh!" Everywhere we go, we now see green liquid soap! Everybody don turn Chemist overnight.

Where were these guys before Morning Fresh came to the market?
Its so painful cos it seems Morning Fresh would soon be a thing of the past. Its so obvious in their new pack while trying to convince their customers as regards the advantage over the common liquid soap.

Even on the internet, most Nigerian bloggers do not have ideas... Its all about;
Akpos
Tonto Dike
Unclad photos
(same trends everywhere!)

Someone introduced sliced bread many years ago, and till today its the same format. Its all sliced bread everywhere..

No one is ready to think but once you come out with your idea, they're so ready to shut your door.

Where are the real entrepreneurs?? Where are the great thinkers??

Enough of this copycatting!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by nedu2000(m): 3:26pm On May 30, 2013
In their various fields, indomie for noodles,closeup for toothpaste,maggi for seasoning etc made the most profits compared to their copycats.......entrepreneurship is for a few,'copycatting' is for the majority!!''One leader,a million followers",its completely natural

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by newyorkaba: 4:00pm On May 30, 2013
I guess people like to tap into a developed market and consumer. its easier to give people what they already know and demand. But I agree that it's very damning to our national and personal progress.
Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by dowjones(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2013
Na the bloggers own dey vex me. No iota of originality anywhere, just copy and paste, and they expect miracle money to come out from heaven.
I see nothing wrong being a copycat per se as long as a touch of ingenuity is added. No idea is original, Noodles has been a staple food in asian islands for centuries, INDOMIE simply packed it (copycat) and dangote and co is following suit.

The main purpose of business IS SUPPLYING A DEMAND AND MAKING A PROFIT OUT OF IT and if "RE-BRANDING" another brand will bring greater profits then do so.

And lets not forget, copycats fight the infamous monopolist and puts the originators on thier toes to ORIGINATE NEW IDEAS so its a win-win.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by souleymon(m): 11:15pm On May 30, 2013
U can complain with ur own Fresh suggestion.
They didnt copy outrightly, they are only making the market to be competitive.
Op, Give a fresh idea as an enterprenuer
Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by OIbhagui(m): 7:05am On May 31, 2013
Acidosis: Why can't people create their own idea?? Must we copy one another?

So many great ideas have been copycatted by many people.

Take noodles for example, we now have over 10 producers. Even Dangote self join... Must they copy indomie? The funny thing is they all come in same style, same taste, same pattern & some even use the same colour of pack!

Close-up faced the same fate. The worst is "Morning Fresh!" Everywhere we go, we now see green liquid soap! Everybody don turn Chemist overnight.

Where were these guys before Morning Fresh came to the market?
Its so painful cos it seems Morning Fresh would soon be a thing of the past. Its so obvious in their new pack while trying to convince their customers as regards the advantage over the common liquid soap.

Even on the internet, most Nigerian bloggers do not have ideas... Its all about;
Akpos
Tonto Dike
Unclad photos
(same trends everywhere!)

Someone introduced sliced bread many years ago, and till today its the same format. Its all sliced bread everywhere..

No one is ready to think but once you come out with your idea, they're so ready to shut your door.

Where are the real entrepreneurs?? Where are the great thinkers??

Enough of this copycatting!!!

My friend, I feel you intently. I was born Nigerian; I'm still Nigerian. I hate Nigerians with all my soul. I've said in countless fora that the problem of Nigeria is the Nigerian people, some of whom happen to be in government. The problem is not the government itself.

I am an original thinker in all ways, and you can not fathom what hell I've seen being like that and being in Nigeria. You know what they do when you ask them for help on this new idea you have? They tell you they don't have money. They even try to put obstacles on your way all because that's not how "they do it". Who is "they?" Just go ahead and succeed and you'll see how quickly they'll have money to copy you and invest much more and try to kick you out of the idea you laboured for.

Do you know EVERYTHING you see on the earth today was once existing only in a human mind? I know the history of technology and I know the mindset of ppl in those societies at the cutting edge of human progress...and I also know Nigerian mindset. I truly regret being identified as a Nigerian. I had no choice though
Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by Acidosis(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2013
I clearly understand your points ^ ^ ^

souleymon: U can complain with ur own Fresh suggestion.
They didnt copy outrightly, they are only making the market to be competitive.
Op, Give a fresh idea as an enterprenuer

People do not value free things in this country.. Tell me you're ready to pay and I'll pour out fresh ideas.
Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by tpia5: 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
shortage of creativity.
Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by anienge001: 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Sad enough, they learned it from school. Are we not required by some teachers to reproduce their notes verbatim? If you put your own reasoning, you fail. Out of school, our parents and elders compare us to X, Y, Z. Why can't you be like so, so and so? To crown it all, there is nothing like intellectual property laws in Nigeria. No useful patent laws. You can see Nigeria is a fertile ground for plagiarism A.K.A 'dobing'(s.p?) and copycatting.

It is sick and kill ingenuity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by nedu2000(m): 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
anienge001: Sad enough, they learned it from school. Are we not required by some teachers to reproduce their notes verbatim? If you put your own reasoning, you fail. Out of school, our parents and elders compare us to X, Y, Z. Why can't you be like so, so and so? To crown it all, there is nothing like intellectual property laws in Nigeria. No useful patent laws. You can see Nigeria is a fertile ground for plagiarism A.K.A 'dobing'(s.p?) and copycatting.

you deserve a medal
Re: Nigerians And Their Copycat Mentality by Curiouscity(m): 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
anienge001: Sad enough, they learned it from school. Are we not required by some teachers to reproduce their notes verbatim? If you put your own reasoning, you fail. Out of school, our parents and elders compare us to X, Y, Z. Why can't you be like so, so and so? To crown it all, there is nothing like intellectual property laws in Nigeria. No useful patent laws. You can see Nigeria is a fertile ground for plagiarism A.K.A 'dobing'(s.p?) and copycatting.

Well stated!!

1000 Likes!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gnld New Fertilizer For Fish Farming / Akin Alabi:before Nairabet Gets Run Down / Share Your Online Money Making Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.