Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 (15072 Views)

Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee 2015 Applicants Meet Here / Massive Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Accenture / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Mustay(m): 2:41pm On May 30, 2013
Saw this on today's Guardian and decided to share it to forumites -

http://careers.accenture.com/ng-en/jobs/Pages/jobdetails.aspx?lang=en&job=00197291&carsec=10001

Schedule: Full-time

If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. Job

Description
Consulting professionals at Accenture belong to one of three workgroups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting or Technology Consulting. These workgroups enable us to deliver the increasingly specialized skills that clients demand while providing our people with varied career opportunities. Our Consultants have the opportunity to work and collaborate with colleagues from across the full spectrum of consulting activity: identifying and creatively solving complex problems, designing and re-engineering critical processes, and fundamentally transforming the way a company operates. Our management consultants are more than just theorists - they turn theory into action. Acting as trusted advisors to our clients, they work directly with FORTUNE© Global 500 companies across many different industry sectors. They concentrate on getting a holistic view of a client's business and industry environment and use their expertise and critical thinking skills to design and deliver realistic, achievable business strategies and solutions that address key client priorities. Much of the work we do is at the cutting edge of innovation and thinking. We involve our consultants in publishing and sharing this knowledge as thought leadership to benefit clients, industry and fellow colleagues.

As a Graduate Trainee at Accenture Nigeria, you will gain insight and understanding of how we respond to our clients' business challenges. You will be involved in a range of activities from assessing a client's business capabilities to assisting with business transformation activities.

Responsibilities may include: • Conducting industry and client research and analysis to identify opportunities for improvements • Gathering and documenting the client's current business processes, people and technology capabilities and requirements • Performing financial assessments to support the development of new business processes and architecture • Assisting in the design and development of new business processes, capabilities and supporting technologies • Supporting the testing and implementation of new business processes • Developing communications, training and job aids to assist in change management activities

Fresh graduates with the following attributes are needed to join our Consulting team through our Graduate Trainee programme: • Good leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills • Desire to work in a result-driven business environment • Ability to transfer theoretical knowledge obtained during training into practical hands on skills • Ability to work independently with minimal supervision • Ability to work well in teams, confident and able to express your views clearly • Ability to capitalize on knowledge transfer • Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable

Goodluck~

1 Like

Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 3:00pm On May 30, 2013
Nice career for graduates
guys pls zoom in on this in a hurry
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 30, 2013
When I saw this post I said WOW. thanks for the info sir
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 30, 2013
What's the age limit?last year,it was 26 yrs,but I'm surprised they didn't include that this year.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Mustay(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2013
koyes: What's the age limit?last year,it was 26 yrsr.

Qualifications -

•B.sc in any discipline with minimum of 2nd class upper and above

•Candidate should possess less than 12 months post NYSC Experience

Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

@bolded grin tongue

Am wonderinng if that discrimination clause shouldn't have included ACADEMIC GRADES - equal opportunnity nau. I see those without at least a 2.1 hissing at this. All the same, the employer has already set a minimum stanndard they 'believe' in.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 30, 2013
Mustay:

Qualifications -

•B.sc in any discipline with minimum of 2nd class upper and above

•Candidate should possess less than 12 months post NYSC Experience

Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

@bolded :p
That's what pwc said,but they disqualified so many people without any reason,let's see if accenture keeps to its words.

1 Like

Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Mustay(m): 4:32pm On May 30, 2013
Employers ought to respond to applicants on their status instead of keeping them in the dark. I wouldn't speculate on what PwC did or did not do but as long as benchmarks/KPIs/criteria are set and some candidates do not meet them, it's normal to write oyinbo to the disqualified candidate. Unfortunately, age is a factor that affects ladies especially.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 5:47pm On May 30, 2013
Mustay: Employers ought to respond to applicants on their status instead of keeping them in the dark. I wouldn't speculate on what PwC did or did not do but as long as benchmarks/KPIs/criteria are set and some candidates do not meet them, it's normal to write oyinbo to the disqualified candidate. Unfortunately, age is a factor that affects ladies especially.

This age thing is extremely bad
a couple of my friends went for the KPMG test and were turned back
One of them was 26 which was within the age limit but they told him that he will be 27years at December 2013 and rejected him.

I almost feel tempted to take the case up and present it to KPMG headquarters
I am sure that some HR executives in Nigeria will be disciplined for that
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 5:52pm On May 30, 2013
^^^ aside from that

The age maths barely adds up in Nigeria

many finish SS3 at age 18
Get into University at 19
Finish university (strike included) at 24
Finish youth service at 25/26
then hit the job market
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 5:55pm On May 30, 2013
^^^

This means that these international companies get to pick mostly children of the rich and upper middle class
who thanks to their parents are able to pass through the private school route and save maybe one to three years ahead of their contemporaries

Finish Secondary school =15 years
Get into university= 16 years
Finish university =20 yrs
off abroad for masters =21 yrs
Back for youth service =22 yrs
Finish youth service =23 years
Hit the job market looking attractive to international companies

...it's not fair

5 Likes

Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by nitrogen(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2013
esere826:

This age thing is extremely bad
a couple of my friends went for the KPMG test and were turned back
One of them was 26 which was within the age limit but they told him that he will be 27years at December 2013 and rejected him.

I almost feel tempted to take the case up and present it to KPMG headquarters
I am sure that some HR executives in Nigeria will be disciplined for that
I do not think it is bad, one thing is that sharp, young and agile minds are needed, or should I ask that why is it a fresh graduate position For me to avoid bashing, lemme stop here
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 6:31pm On May 30, 2013
nitrogen:
I do not think it is bad, one thing is that [b]sharp, young and agile [/b]minds are needed, or should I ask that why is it a fresh graduate position For me to avoid bashing, lemme stop here

How do we identify the age group that has these qualities?
If 'young' is the operational word, they could as well peg the age limit to 20 yrs old

I think the idea behind graduate recruitment is:
1) provide a pool of fresh recruits that are willing and able to learn/trainable (that's why many coys peg entrance at 2.1)
2) Harvest freshers straight out of university (in Nigeria, this age group is between 24 to 27 whwn you add strikes and NYSC)
3) Provide an oppurtunity for country youths to chart a career path
4) Pick out the best from the education system
5) Balancing society's need for'equal oppurtunity'

In Nigeria, I see an age group between 20 and 27 years being the pool to pick such from
In some other countries were people finish university at say 21 yrs, then it is subjectively reasonable to peg age limit for graduate stream at 24/25 yrs

Just my 10kobo
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 30, 2013
nitrogen:
I do not think it is bad, one thing is that sharp, young and agile minds are needed, or should I ask that why is it a fresh graduate position For me to avoid bashing, lemme stop here
Are you now implying that graduates above 26 are dull,old and weak? Can you see how ridiculous that sounds?
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by AjanleKoko: 6:37pm On May 30, 2013
A lot of you guys miss the point.
The idea is to narrow the recruiting pool to the barest minumum. They are looking to hire maybe 10 people at the most, not 10,000. There are millions of graduates in Nigeria. Limiting the age to 25 or 24 means they interview much less people than they would have had to if they throw it open to all and sundry.

It makes zero logistics sense, and the cost would be ridiculous, if you want to interview 10,000 people for 10 positions.
Total waste of money.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 6:40pm On May 30, 2013
AjanleKoko: A lot of you guys miss the point.
The idea is to narrow the recruiting pool to the barest minumum. They are looking to hire maybe 10 people at the most, not 10,000. There are millions of graduates in Nigeria. Limiting the age to 25 or 24 means they interview much less people than they would have had to if they throw it open to all and sundry.

It makes zero logistics sense, and the cost would be ridiculous, if you want to interview 10,000 people for 10 positions.
Total waste of money.

case closed for me
you've made a point i missed
(i be think say na jand i dey grin )
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 6:43pm On May 30, 2013
But recruiters in 9ja will do well to disclose the number of positions available sha
and when they give age restrictions, it should be clear.
I mean, you're 17 years old till the midnight of your bithday not January 1st

In fact let me go and read the FOI

1 Like

Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Mustay(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2013
Obvious reality is that no employer is a charity to consider these factors which make them baskets. It's pretty clear that 'qualifications' is where these coys sieve the wheat from the chaff.

Less wonder people cut corners cause structural problems have multiplier effects, all there is to the company is to divide these smiley
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 30, 2013
The same society that encourages you to be educated regardless of the age is the same society that tells you that you are too old to get a white collar job and offers little or no support if you decide you want to be self employed...SMH
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 6:47pm On May 30, 2013
koyes: The same society that encourages you to be educated regardless of the age is the same society that tells you that you are too old to get a white collar job and offers little or no support if you decide you want to be self employed...SMH

sad isn't it
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by nitrogen(m): 7:16pm On May 30, 2013
koyes:
Are you now implying that graduates above 26 are dull,old and weak? Can you see how ridiculous that sounds?
Esere pegged the range 20-27, for me, I think the range should be 19-25, (my thoughts anyway).

Look at this: there are a hundred positions available, and age limit is 30 years, at long run, there are two hundred or more that fits the position (last men standing), then age will aid selection, a 21 year old grad will be preferred to a 26 year old graduate, both are qualified while one is very much younger and even like a prospect.

The 27 year old will soon get married and dedication is reduced, if a lady, then maternity leave is on the way (three months?? Ridiculous! if I may say)........especially when the org has shareholders' wealth maximization as her objective.

Sir AJ has said it all anyway, so I guess we are cool.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by kayce19: 7:32pm On May 30, 2013
when is it closing?
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Mustay(m): 7:39pm On May 30, 2013
June 30,2013
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Mustay(m): 7:40pm On May 30, 2013
June 30,2013 ^^^
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 30, 2013
Some people I know were turned down from pwc and kpmg as well cos of age and I said WAOOO
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 30, 2013
So if I understand very well, the older you get the less capable you become

No wonder HR are using hit and miss methods to hire candidates.

I still believe that the real reason has got to boil down to logistics like AjenleKoko pointed out.

If you are looking for real talent, such restrictions only means that you get whatever is available within that age bracket not necessarily the best.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 9:26pm On May 30, 2013
...bad, bad, bad sugestion
I don delete am o
I wont be referred to as the reason for naughty stuff grin

2 Likes

Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by nitrogen(m): 10:31pm On May 30, 2013
esere826: Lessons Learnt

Guys and Gals if you feel you have the brain power to fit into these roles
and you look and feel young,
jeje go reduce ya age via age declaration

afterall Taribo West was accused of being very old, but yet, it was acknowledged he played better than many of the younger folks.
If he used his true age, he probably would not have been given a chance and he might be a vulcaniser now

(^^^^assuming he's really older than he claimed)

"Eneke the bird says that since men have learnt to shoot without missing, he has learnt to fly without perching" (Chinue Achebe)
Baaaaaadddd! Morally, it is unacceptable.

One thing is this: the saying that 'the end justifies the means' may actually be wrong, it should be 'the means justify the end'.

Meanwhile, I think the take-home package should be that we should ensure that those coming (our children) are encouraged to do the necessary (in terms of education) at the right time, this can be done in many ways, but the one that should help most is scaring them with all these we see daily.

Basically, we should ensure that they get the best education at the earliest time(possible).
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by esere826: 11:01pm On May 30, 2013
nitrogen:
Baaaaaadddd! Morally, it is unacceptable.

One thing is this: the saying that 'the end justifies the means' may actually be wrong, it should be 'the means justify the end'.

Meanwhile, I think the take-home package should be that we should ensure that those coming (our children) are encouraged to do the necessary (in terms of education) at the right time, this can be done in many ways, but the one that should help most is scaring them with all these we see daily.

Basically, we should ensure that they get the best education at the earliest time(possible).

bad morally, but probably could be acceptable. depends on the individual

I heard of a set of twins who were born months apart http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/twins-born-87-days-apart-ireland-guiness-record_n_3186135.html

Now, imagine they both went to the KPMG test
Kehunde was 27 in the year 2013 (27th BD is 11/12/2013)
and Taiwao was 26 in the year 2013 (27th BD is 1/2/2014)

All in Nigeria with its rough and hyper competitive terain

How would Kehinde feel if he is turned back for being too old when the recruitment process is billed to end July 2013
while Taiwo is accepted

How do we evaluate morals?
what can we actually call bad?
is it same in all environments and is it a one size fit all?
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2013
no chance for we 2:2 graduates. Okay o, moving on.....nothing to see here. Goodluck to you qualified applicants.
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 30, 2013
@ nitrogen:you know,I understand the message you are trying to pass accross but you should realize that most times,things we've planned don't always play out the way we expected it to be.sometimes,its not because of poor planning but that unforseen circumstances befall us all.I can tell from your posts that its either you are in your early 20s or you already have a job,which ever should explain why you are so sentimental on this issue...

1 Like

Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by Ishilove: 11:16pm On May 30, 2013
koyes:
Indeed angry
Re: Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 by nitrogen(m): 11:21pm On May 30, 2013
koyes: @ nitrogen:you know,I understand the message you are trying to pass accross but you should realize that most times,things we've planned don't always play out the way we expected it to be.sometimes,its not because of poor planning but that unforseen circumstances befall us all.I can tell from your posts that its either you are in your early 20s or you already have a job,which ever should explain why you are so sentimental on this issue...

Am I? To be candid, I know 'as e dey go', what am just saying is that we should not make those coming fall into the same ditch that we fell into, let us tell them cos those excuses will never be okay for justification later-on.

You talked about circumstances, do you know that some of us actually did the planning but played away our precious time?

A lot of lessons learnt anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Service Is Recruiting / Invitation For Online Assessment By Flour Mills Of Nigeria / N-power Batch C Verification: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush To Your LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.