Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Question For m_nwankwo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For m_nwankwo (1742 Views)

My Opinion And Big Question For Atheists / "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ m_nwankwo
After reading your answers on the following post:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-129962.0.html#msg2204902

I agree that destroying a naturally fertilized egg(embryo) through abortion is wrong but is the case the same with artificially fertilized eggs?

Please answer these questions.
1.) Is destroying an embryo that was fertilized artificial(fertilized in a test tube) a sin?
2.) In the case of in-vitro fertilization, the doctors usually fertilize many eggs some of which are later implanted into a woman, but once the woman gets pregnant, the remaining embryos are destroyed. If destroying artificially fertilized egg is wrong, what should they do with the remaining eggs?
3.) I know a couple who did in-vitro fertilization, they had more than ten fertilized embryos. But before the woman got pregnant, the man discovered that she was a cheat, she was only using the man and she was not ready to get married. So after so had a miscarriage, the man asked the doctors to destroy the remaining embryos rather implanting them into the woman again. This man got so much criticism from people. Is what this man did wrong?

m_nwankwo I respect your opinions and I know you are a cross bearer so please I humbly beg you to answer the above question from your knowledge of the Grail message.
Justcool, your opinion will be appreciated too.
Any other person can also give his opinion. No insults please!
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by mnwankwo(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2008
@Seeklove

Thanks for the questions you raised. I will address the questions you raised as follows. You may also consider to examine the Grail Message since it is the source from which I draw from.

1. Destruction of an embryo is a sin whether fertilized naturally or artificially. Although we see an egg and a sperm as gametes physically, they have non-physical radiations or energy. As long as they are not fused, they energy from them cannot send out a "call" to the non-visible enviroment (non-physical) where many souls waiting for incarnation live. This call or energy is what connects the fertlised egg with the human soul that will inhabit the developing body. However, once a fusion has taken place, the union of radiations from the fertilized egg is able to connect via radiations (you may call it energy for better understanding) to an awaiting soul whose qualities match completely the information or blue print encoded in the fertilized egg. Thus even in the process of picking a physical body, each soul gets what it deserves. This conection of the fertilized egg with the awaiting human soul takes place wheather the egg is fertilized naturally or artificially. This connection of radiation is able to dictate the development of the embrayo for the first few weeks of pregnancy wheather or not the fertilization takes place naturally or artificially. However for the soul to literally take the possesion of the the developing foetus, it has to form another radiation connection with the mother or surrogate mother. The woman is endowed with this non-physically visible bridge. Thus if an artificailly fertilized egg is not implanted back into the womans body, then this bridge is lacking, the soul cannot take possession of the developing foetus, the embryo widers and dies. There are other possibities but that is not directly related to your question, so I will not dwell on it. The testtube cannot provide this bridge, not even a man, it is only the woman that has the bridge. Thus without implantation, an artificially fertilized egg cannot develop into a human being with a human soul. Due to our sinful ways, in some women, this bridge is either partly working or completely destroyed in which cases you have miscarriages and other pregnancy problems even when there is no biological or natural cause.

2. Science should fine tune its technigues to adjust to the laws of God. If at present, they fertilize several eggs due to low score of getting an embryo, then that is not an alibi to violet the laws of God. There is no exception.

3. The same as in 2 above. Embryoes should not be destroyed under any circumstances.

Thank you and stay blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2008
M_nawnkwo,
Thanks for your answers. I agree with your answer-it is a sin to destroy embryos no matter how they are fertilized.
Now I have more questions. and this time I will give more details:
1.) In this case, is this distruction same as murder or abortion?
2.) The doctors don't always give every detail about the process of in-vitro fertilization to the persons seeking it. In this particular case, my friend out of sympathy for a fiance agreed to give his sperm for in-vitro. Being younger than his fiance and not knowing all the details, they started the process. More than twenty eggs were fertilized and five implanted into the woman. The doctors didn't tell him that the process involves fertilizing many eggs and destroying unused ones. He only learnt that they had more embryos after the woman got pregnant. Then doctors told him that if the pregnancy progresses beyond a particular stage, the remaining embryos will be destroyed. Once the doctor confirmed that the woman was pregnant, the woman tried to get the guy jailed, She broke the engagement, and called the police and claimed that the guy beats her up. The guy was arrested but released immediately and found not guilty based on the fact that there was no evidences. The guy lost almost everything he had and had to start life afresh. After a few weeks of the pregnancy, the woman had a miscarriage. She tried to have the doctors implant the remaining embryos but they had to get the guys signature. She brought lawyers and tried to get the doctors to do it without the guys consent but all to no avail. Finally she goes back and askers the guy and asks for his signature. My guy refused and would rather have the doctors distroy the embryos. Since if they implant another five, the rest will be destroyed as soon the pregnancy reaches a certain stage. So either way, the some of the embryos will be destroyed.

This is the drama that my friend faces. What would you do if you were in his shoes?
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by mnwankwo(m): 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2008
@Seeklove

The story of your friend is really a sad one. It is very important that every adult even in medical treatment asks questions concerning any procedure they wish to undertake. If deep within them, they sense some uneasiness with the procedure they should prayerful ask for guidance from God. Now to the questions.

1. Abortion, murder, destruction of an embryo go against Gods laws for each case prevents the human soul from experiencing life on earth. Each of these results in premature termination of human life. Thus spiritually they are basically the same.

2. The decsion to have a baby should be a joint desire of both the husband and the wife. It is only when there is mutual desire to welcome another soul or guest into their house should oppurtunities for conception be sought. In normal cases, such opprtunity is provided by sexual union but for couples who have fertility problems, the oppurtnity may be through adoption or assited reproduction. Incase of assited reproduction, the couples shoould avoid any treatment that will result in human assisted destruction of embryos. In the case you narrated, they embarked on the procedure without knowing what is involved. Now that you friend knows that destroying embryos is a sin, he should not order the destruction of the remaining ones. In vitro fertilization as it is currently done do involve human assited embryo destruction at one or several steps of the process and should be avoided by human beings who still wish to live in the sense of Gods laws.

3. Every child is a gift of God. If couples are medically proven to be incapable of natural conception, they should ask God for help if they desire their own biological child. Gods help may come in them concieving despite medical science saying that they cannot concieve. It may also happen that the remain childless and in that case it is still a blessing which if they have they correct attitude they will at some point either here or hereafter know why. Thus for spiritually mature human beings both joy and sorrow are opposite sides of a coin and should only awaken gratitude to God. I wish you strength.

1 Like

Re: Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2008
@m_nawnkwo
Thanks again for your answers.
So are you saying that my friend should go ahead with the process again and have more embryos implanted in this woman?
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by justcool(m): 1:12am On May 01, 2008
@seeklove
The issue you raised and your friends situation requires a detailed reply and explanation. Such reply I cannot give today, but be assured that as soon as I can I will return.
Expect my opinion soon, at the moment I am preparing myself, weighing and examining the issues you raised(including m_nwankwo's replies). I intend to give you the answer when I'm done weighing and examining the issue.
Sorry about my delay but I do not want to tell you what I am not sure of.
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by mnwankwo(m): 1:42pm On May 01, 2008
@Seeklove

Thanks again. I have already stated that any procedure that involves the destruction of human embryos is against the laws of God. Invitro fertilization do involve the destruction of unused embryos. Unfortunately, according to your naration, your friend was unaware at the time they embarked on the procedure. Now that they know, he should request that the embryos should not be destroyed. The embryos can remain frozen but not used or it can be implanted back to the fiancee if both desire that and have found genuine love once again and are prepared to be parents according to the laws of God. It is left for your friend and his fiancee to decide whether to permanently frooze the embryos or implant it back to the fiancee. But on no account should the embryos be destroyed. In future, couples should not embark on procedures that involves destruction of embryos even if that is the only way they can have a child. I wish you and your friend strength. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Question For m_nwankwo by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 01, 2008
What I find ironical is this => in the same societies that go about aborting babies and destroying embryos, ANIMAL rights are vigorously protected.

Dogs, cats, wolves, whales, bears, (so-called endangered species) etc are diligently preserved in reserves and parks; but they do not blink an eyelid when it comes to killing their own children.
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 4:00pm On May 01, 2008
@imhotep
thanks for your contribution.

@justcool
I can't wait to here your contribution.

@m_nwankwo
1.) The delimer is that the embryos cannot remain frozen forever because they take up space. Part of the charge for the procedure is for the storage and the doctors don't store the embryos longer than it is paid for. The doctors are already threatening to sue my friend if he doesn't make up his mind before the storage time is over. The couple either decide to use the embryos or authorize to have them destroyed. There no longer a couple because at the moment the woman is living with another man; and due to the treatment she gave my friend when she got pregnant, my friend doesn't want anything to do with her again.

2.)Also, m-nwankwo, if the embryos are attached to human spirits, as you explained in another post. Freezing them for ever will have the spirits they are attached to captured forever. Because being attached to a frozed embryo, they cannot incarnate or be free in the beyond. Isn't this more than depriving then the opportunity to experience life on earth. In this case being tied perpetually to a material object will not only prevent them from incarnating but will hinder their experiencing in the beyond.
Also, I might add that from the information my guy got from the doctors. He is the third person that the girl has attempted to do the procedure with and in each case it ended with quarrels, lawyers and lawsuit. The clinic made it clear that once they are done with her this time, that they will never renther her service anymore. But legally, they only done with her when they don't have any of her embryos in their storage.

3.) This reminds me of another question: Having people on life support machine. If there is no possibility of such people ever recovering and living independently of the life sopport machine. Wouldn't it be better to pull the plug(turn off the life support machine) and free their souls rather than living the souls trapped in a physical body that will never recover ?
Based on the knowledge of  the existence of the soul, isn't it unfair to keep the body alive in comer supported by a machine for many years rather than pulling the plug?

Once again thanks for your answers. I very much appreciate it.
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by mnwankwo(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2008
@Seeklove,

Thanks again. I address the issues you raised as follows:

1. Destruction of embryos is against the laws of God for reasons I have previously stated.

2. A fertilized egg is connected to the an awaiting human soul. That connection is maintained and strengtened if there is no interference with the developing embryo. The embryo is capable of radiating the required degree if no interference takes place. The blue print for the development of the embryo is in the finer material body or what people commonly refer to as the astral body. The human spirit forms the astral body and through it connects to the the developing embryo. The astral body is the non-material prototype on which the developing embryo is built. The maintainace of the intergrity of the astral body requires that both the human spirit and the developing embryo maintain the necessary radiation. If the radiation in the developing embryo is weakened or severed by human interference, then the human spirit can longer connect with the embryo through the astral body. The connection of the human soul with the astral body will also cease since it needs the correct radiation of the developing embryo to maintain that connection. The maintainance of an embryo at a temperature that is very different from the mothers womb for a long time severs this radiation of the embryo. Thus a frozen embryo is not connected with a human soul, one can for a better word say that it is in a suspended animation. Thus a human spirit is not tied to the developing embryo as long as it remains frozen. However one it is thawed and attains the required degree of heat, it will be able to radiate and reconnect to an awaiting soul. To destroy a frozen embryo is to destroy the possiblity of it serving as vessel for the incarnation of a human soul. To destroy an embryo that is not froozen is tantamount to severing the connection between the human soul and the developing embryo. Man can decide whether or not fertilization is to take place but once it has taken place, it is against the laws of God to interfer with the process. Thus to freeze an embryo is also not correct but it is the best case scenario left for your friend. At least in that case it holds the possiblity that some day your friend may find true love and he and his wife should attempt re-implantation of the foozen embryos. Life is a sacred gift of God and man should not interfer with it. Couples should not engage in procedures that leads to the destruction of embryos. If however they unknowlingly went through it, they should work to ensure that each embryo is not denied the possiblity to be the physical vessel for a human soul.

3. Life is sared even for one who is physically unconscious. Who determines the possibilty of them regaining counsciousness? Not even the best experts in the field can say for sure. There are cases in which people have woken up after 25 years in coma. Human life should not be maintained artificially, neither can it be terminated artificailly. Thus if people are dead, then it is wrong to try to keep them alife through instrumentations. If however they have not died but have lost brain function or other vital function, then it is wrong to pull the machines so that they die. The reason why man should not interfer in these matters is that questions on life rests on the omniscience of God. Only God knows the spiritual history of such persons and the reasons why they are experiencing the sufferings. Why will an ignorant human make decisions that rests on Gods omniscience? When the whole picture is seen, not just frames, then it will be clear why only God can make such a desion.

Once again, thank you and stay blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 11:27pm On May 01, 2008
@ m_nwankwo
Thanks so much for your reply. I completely agree with you but in your replies the guy's delimer still remains. Indeed now the delimer is worst because based on your advice he should not permit the embryos to be destroyed.
But he is bound legally to make a decision. Even if he pays to keep them at that frozen state(which is terribly expensive), in the future he cannot use them because they belong to both him and his ex-fiance. Both his and her signature are needed for the embryos to be thawed and implanted. As you already know, the ex-fiance is already dating another man and wants the embryos all to herself. The possibility of them getting back together again is out of question.
In less than months their payed time will be over and the case will go to court. The clinic is already suing both parties. Based on past similar situations, the court will allow the clinic to destroy the embryos and have the parties pay the clinic for any extra time that the embryos were frozen in the clinic during the court proceedings.

The last time I spoke him, he said he has decided to let her have them. But being a Christian, his pastor is very much against this decision because it will entail letting an unmarried woman have a child. Since the woman wants everything to herself, my guy would not even be allowed to ever see the kids or raise them. But the financial obligation may still hang on him because(By Law) the woman has no right to relieve the guy any financial obligation to a child that is biologically his.

He cannot give the embryos away either, because the woman's signature is needed. And she wouldn't allow that.
So what should he do?

About the life support. Having a soul captured in a body for 25 years(supported by a machine), is that really justice based on the laws of God. At that state, is that really Gods will? Remember if nature is left to run it's course, the person would have naturally died. But in certain cases when one of the vital organs has been irreparably damaged that the person can no longer really recover, he is put in a life support machine. And kept alive unnaturally and unconsciously. With the knowledge of life after death and the existence of the soul, wouldn't it have been more justice not to put that person in the machine in the first place. Rather losing 25 years which the should could have used to experience the beyond and perhaps incarnate again.
If what you guys believe about life in the beyond, reincarnation and the existence of the soul is right, then death shouldn't be avoided at all costs(especially when it comes naturally) since it is actually progress. Why use unnatural means to cling on to this life when there is more to it?
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by mnwankwo(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2008
@Seeklove

Thanks again. Let me address the issues you raised as follows:

1. Your friends decision to allow the ex-fiancee to have the embryo is the correct one in these circumstances. Inspite of the present and future attitude of the ex fiancee, if he gives permission out of love for the preservation of life, and love for the kids that may one day use the embryos as their physical body, then he has done the right thing in the sense of the laws of God. Even if he is prevented biological access to the kids, his true love connects them to the future kids and through this connection the kids will either in this life or in the next become clearly aware of what transpired and will be grateful to your friend (their biological father) for giving them the opportunity to experience on earth. Therefore your friend should rely on his inner sensing which is correct at this point and not on the advice of a pastor. It is strange that a pastor will prefer the destruction of an embryo or embryos to a so called unmarried woman having a child. Most importantly, the best lesson from this tough experience is to ALWAYS ASK FOR GODS WILL BEFORE TAKING ANY DECISION AND NOT TO TAKE DECISIONS BASED ON SELFWILL. IF YOUR FRIEND HAS SEEKED GODS WILL IN THE FIRST PLACE, HE WILL NOT HAVE FOUND HIMSELF IN THIS SITUATION. My prayerful thoughts accompany you and your friend!

2. I am not sure whether you read clearly my answer to the life support issue. I stated in my last post as follows "Human life should not be maintained artificially, neither can it be terminated artificailly. Thus if people are dead, then it is wrong to try to keep them alife through instrumentations. If however they have not died but have lost brain function or other vital function, then it is wrong to pull the machines so that they die". Sure death is progress but it should not be forced upon because we think that an organ is "irreparably" damaged. Some people are born with brain damage, hereditary abnormalities that make it impossible to function and yet we have nor right to force them to die. To do so is murder. The justice of God takes care of the entire spectrum of human existance and not just what happens in a short earth life of approximately 70-100 years. Since man cannot survey this entire human existence, he will be wrong to take decsions that require a knowlege of the entire history of the person involved. That knowlege belongs to God and his laws. Even in a coma of 50 years, there is no injustice. To explain why it is not injustice will require an examination of the activities of that soul in multiple surjourns in the beyound and multiple incarnations on earth. One thing is however certain, we experience what we sow or what we accepted to experience prior to the experience. Physical life is maintained by a radiation connection between the human soul and the physical body or more specifically the blood. If this connection is severed, then death results since the body in itself is not alife but is activated by the soul only for a time. Without the soul, the body dies and that is what we generally refer to as death. The severance of this radiation connection can result from either the body or from the soul or both. Man should not forcibly try to break this radiation connection by pulling off the instrumentation. He can only intervene by prayers. In this case if the person in this life support does not need the experiencing of coma or the so called vegetative state, the invisible servants of God will help the soul to sever the connection from the body. And once this severance occurs, then the instrumentations will not be able to record any signal in the various parameters to measure clinical death. Thus once real death takes place (severance of the soul from the body) as opposed with clinical death, then even a life support cannot prolong life. Stay blessed.
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 11:00pm On May 02, 2008
@m_nwankwo,
Thanks for your detailed explanation. Your words are of great help!!!!!!
May you receive help when you're in need. Amen

@justcool
where are you?
Re: Question For m_nwankwo by justcool(m): 11:54pm On May 03, 2008
@seeklove
I purposely had kept quiet, while observing the transaction between you and m-nwankwo, because sometimes when somebody is seeking clarification on a particular issue, he/she is better left to one voice. Many voices sometimes do more harm than good. Since m-nwankwo's replies are in accord with the WILL OF GOD, my additions would have also been the same but only expressed in different words, that's why I left you alone with him. Sometimes hearing different voices, different expression, and different people serve only to confuse even if the theme of their advices are the same.
I would have offered you my opinion if it were different from m_nwankwo's but since it isn't, I felt that in this particular case, offering it might only confuse you further since it will be clothed in different words. Also, I didn't want you and your friend to feel that you are surrounded by a bunch self-righteous people telling you what to do. I have had an experience with a pregnant woman who approached a friend for advice. This friend adviced her to keep the baby and she was yielding to his advice but when so many people got involved and telling her the same thing. She felt judged and accused, she got upset and felt they all a bunch of self righteous hypocrites trying to control. She ended up aborting the baby just show them that they don't control her.
I am happy that your friend had decided to let the woman have the embryos, This is the right discion. This decision is tantamount to leaving the situation in the hands of God. If the woman deserves the kids, she will use the embryos successfully; however, if she doesn't, then once again the procedure will not work as it didn't the first time she tried with your friend. Either way your friend should be grateful to God who in his love and justice gives us what we deserve.
My heart and prayers go out to you and your friend. Thanks for being there for him, and keep watching out for him.

@m-nwankwo
thanks for being there for a brother in need.

1 Like

Re: Question For m_nwankwo by mnwankwo(m): 11:33am On May 05, 2008
@Seeklove
Thank you for your prayers. I wish you and your friend spiritual strength! Stay blessed!

@Justcool
It is always a pleasure reading from you. Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Question For m_nwankwo by seeklove: 11:40pm On May 05, 2008
@justcool
Thanks so much for your gentle consideration. You said it all. My friend was already begining to feel that way. There was so many poeple pointing acusing fingers at him. But listerning to only one voice made him to make up his mind. My friend and I are very greatfull to you.

@m_nwankwo
once again thanks for your help. My friend and I are very greatful!

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Finish The Whole Musxaf-qur'an In 30 Days Of The Siyaam / Any Nigerian Girl Who Doesn't Believe In A God? / Angels Are Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.