Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets (18917 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by rodeo0070(m): 9:51pm On May 31, 2013
People! Enough of finger pointing, What is the way forward?...
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Ogajuwonlo1(m): 9:52pm On May 31, 2013
Onyegecha: I was shocked to learn from a very reliable source, that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from t.he hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Matters of this nature are not left to people's consciences because unscrupulous men must be stopped by uncompromising agents of the law. Share what you know about this practice in your area.
can u imagine sawdust being mix with grounded pepper
.The necessary sector should start doing their work.if possible before dis food are being sold to d public they should run a check.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by dapachez: 10:06pm On May 31, 2013
In new benin market in edo state some wicked meat sellers will pourfresh meat blood on old meat n give you the impression that it is fresh from the abbatoir and when you cook it smh for the smell that comes forth. How about fruits that are forced to rippen with some harmful substances or even fried akara that they add garri to.I could go on and on. God save us from the hands of the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by ATMCARD2(m): 10:14pm On May 31, 2013
Onyegecha: I was shocked to learn from a very reliable source, that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Matters of this nature are not left to people's consciences because unscrupulous men must be stopped by uncompromising agents of the law. Share what you know about this practice in your area.
.Chaiiiii.......even GARRI ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA(GAN) is nt left out.Guess it wldn't affect d price shaaa.......just passing.

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by klobman: 10:15pm On May 31, 2013
The adulterated chemical added must be ANATTO DYE.. The law hasn't given NAFDAC to go into market to fetch this crime.. ADULTERATION should stop!!
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by igbeke: 10:41pm On May 31, 2013
i leave in badagry which is very close 2 d border. can u believe d Beninous dont patronize anytin made in nigeria cos dey believe it is fake? yet we flood our mkt wit anytin dat comes from dere.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 31, 2013
I will never understand people who do such things..human are very wicked
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by TheGeneral1(m): 10:53pm On May 31, 2013
coldgate: I sent my boy in the office to buy me rice from sweet sensation. Lo and behold, he bought me plastic rice. I could only eat the chicken. Useless pple.

HAHAHAHAHA............. I can't stop laughing!
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Flygeriansteve: 11:04pm On May 31, 2013
pDude: shocked

How come Nigerians are still alive after consuming these poisons shocked
They're the living dead, ticking time bombs. Ever wondered why average life expectancy is 46?

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Meringe(m): 11:30pm On May 31, 2013
blinksluv:
Back in Elele Rivers state, mum was into palm oil milling business, the women that come to buy the processed palm oil come with some kind of colourant which they add to the oil. There is an easy way of identifying such palm oil, you simply heat up the oil(bleach), an adultrated one will not turn whitish no matter how long U̶̲̥̅ heat it, because of the added colourant.

Elele, Ubima, in short ,Ikwerre LGA God blessed them with palm fruits!
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Flygeriansteve: 11:38pm On May 31, 2013
@ topic. I don't know the exact reason why but aside from the wicked unscrupulous nameless traders who add stones/concrete debris to beans to make it plenty or the ones who spike bread with bromate so when greedy ppl see it they hastily buy the big poison, or the ones who boil corn with saccharide; what pains me most is when you see a quality promising brand(food, confectionary etc) which perhaps understandably offers low penetration price at introduction only to begin to 'monkey' with quality until finally the product is reduced to utter nonsense. Why not charge more and maintain quality, and create another cheap brand to satisfy those who can't be bothered with what they eat?
You wonder what the SON and consumer protection are doing?

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by piagetskinner(m): 12:03am On Jun 01, 2013
coldgate: I sent my boy in the office to buy me rice from sweet sensation. Lo and behold, he bought me plastic rice. I could only eat the chicken. Useless pple.
haha..mayb na rubber band dem use do am
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by caukerzee(m): 12:32am On Jun 01, 2013
And these same Market people who produce and sell adultrated products still point hands at the goverment to say they are corrupt.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by whitecat007: 12:57am On Jun 01, 2013
There was a report on Dr Oz show about olive oil made from industrial oil and dye
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by chioma134: 1:33am On Jun 01, 2013
blinksluv:
Back in Elele Rivers state, mum was into palm oil milling business, the women that come to buy the processed palm oil come with some kind of colourant which they add to the oil. There is an easy way of identifying such palm oil, you simply heat up the oil(bleach), an adultrated one will not turn whitish no matter how long U̶̲̥̅ heat it, because of the added colourant.
Kai!!! No wonder! Virtually all the oil I use these days do not change colour no matter how long I try to bleach it. God have mercy on us.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 01, 2013
Damn, even the food and water aint safe cry cry
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 01, 2013
Flygeriansteve: They're the living dead, ticking time bombs. Ever wondered why average life expectancy is 46?

Lmaoooo at living dead.

Witches and mami waters don suffer fronm Nigerians' untimely deaths.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by onitshaigbo(m): 5:28am On Jun 01, 2013
igbeke: i leave in badagry which is very close 2 d border. can u believe d Beninous dont patronize anytin made in nigeria cos dey believe it is fake? yet we flood our mkt wit anytin dat comes from dere.

If the Beninese don't buy Nigerian food because they believe Nigerian food is adulterated, then they have good standards, and I would want to purchase the food they have to sell here in Nigeria. The same for Cameroon. As much as I love Nigeria as a proud Nigerian, health and safety comes first.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by sizzlers(m): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

LIES!
It's absolute truth, from experience
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Amozu: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2013
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Who/what is your reliable source? cry This is an extremely serious accusation that can have dire effect for traders of the product you are mentioning in the markets.!
Seun please remove this thread or demand from the poster to shed more accurate light.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by olu4life(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2013
Amozu: Who/what is your reliable source? cry This is an extremely serious accusation that can have dire effect for traders of the product you are mentioning in the markets.!
Seun please remove this thread or demand from the poster to shed more accurate light.
Dude abeg shut up. Most of u would not bother going through the thread but will rather comment.
@OP,its true. But it isnt easy spotting the good products. Will be extra careful from henceforth. We should also report this cases to the right authority so as to clamp down on these evil peeps
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 01, 2013
Abu Mikey: In one word, "Poison nor dey kill African Man"
U mean in one sentence?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2013
Mr.Sinister:
This is unverified information. This thread should be yanked off the front page. Can the op provide proof?
I know of palm oil adulteration to be true, even from way back. The reason my dad brings it from d village
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Kcxee(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2013
Well u can't per-say blame dose who do such evil act if NAFDAC are doing their job well and not concentrating on only drugs where dey could get bribe from I think they would have fished this evil market men n woman out n am sure is because they know that dis people can't briibe them with huge amounts that why they are left out well I think their name should be changed from NAFDAC to Nation agency for drugs control(NADC)iit would be better so we nigerians cn watch out 4 ourselves I think we are use to it....
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by bettercreature(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2013
Op,you are brainwashed,most of this things will spoil withing few hrs if you add any substance exp palm oil
I dont know if your family are buying gari with saw-dust
but for me its not possible,there is fake yes you are right,but most of the fake items are,drinks,processed foods,and drugs
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2013
Opey4luv: Nigerians value money more than their fellow Countrymen, A trusted older person once told me that some companies import milk from Europe, dilute it with water, re-package it and sell it ot us. May God help us for this country. I need Benin Republic's visa jare.

I will get it for you, because you are of no use to 9ja either.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by seyok(f): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2013
honey86:
unfortunately it is true.When palmoil has been stored for a long time, the quality diminishes and the colour changes. so to make it look fresh and red, they add food colouring.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by BUSHMAN1: 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
i guess because nigerians do not like to pay for quality,they want quality for cheap price, this is why i quit importation to nigeria
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by davida222(m): 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
delishpot:

Mr bigs has been selling me bad food for years. its sad when I have to let go of a full plate of fried rice and chicken cos it smells bad. worse off sef I dont know why hubby keeps going back there maybe cos they are the only fast food joint close to where we live sha.

Even learnt they use carbide to ripen banana and other fruits.
I dont
know why hubby keeps going back
there maybe cos they are the only
fast food joint close to where we live
sha. And u call ur self a whyf why most ur husband eat at mr biggs?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by devour129: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
Even canned foods. Bought a carton of so called original exter corn beef Argentina for those that know it and opened the first tin,there was no oil and d beef looked like horse meat and I opened d rest to be sure and there were not like d normal corn beef I use to know so I tied my scarf around my waist and went back to meet my customer in Wuse market whom is the biggest distributor and he said others have been complaining and they have complained to the importer but they still get d same product. Please people if you buy product you are familiar with and it seems it has change and they was no advert about rebranding on it,please don't use even if the expiration date is far.all these people that go tru rubbish bins pick up containers and sell to some company that make all these fake goods
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
whoever doubts this post shd wake up...its not funny, people who are supposed to maintain standards, operate and regulate the entire food industries in nigeria are the biochemistry, microbiologists, food scientists, chemical analysts and affiliates graduates currently roaming the streets in search of employment...there is so much inequalities in the world today which mdgs is trying to address.

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by onitshaigbo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
BUSH MAN: i guess because nigerians do not like to pay for quality,they want quality for cheap price, this is why i quit importation to nigeria

Give the customers what they want! They want shittyy things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé / How Much Is One Derica Of Rice In Your Area / Peeling Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.