Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,979 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:46 AM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (238366 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by trux(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2017
I just acquired 40plot of land with plantation ready planted on them and all grown and ready for harvest next year hopefully in Edo state though I don't know anything about this but am following this thread to learn anybody with an idea for the next step that I must take for monitoring this investment

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 9:46am On May 11, 2017
trux:
I just acquired 40plot of land with plantation ready planted on them and all grown and ready for harvest next year hopefully in Edo state though I don't know anything about this but am following this thread to learn anybody with an idea for the next step that I must take for monitoring this investment
Holla me.....
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 8:06pm On May 13, 2017
Anyone interested in oil palm tenera sprouted nuts and seedlings should contact me.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by judemoore: 10:04pm On May 16, 2017
voicelez:

boss, I saw you post and liked it. how can I contact you I want to go into palm plantation. how much is a nursery palm now
Please my brother i need you to send me your phone number i am on my way to Igbuzor for the same project i see we can work together i can assure you pls e mail me your phone number i will call you immediately and you will enjoy the fruits of your labor. this is my email jmoore_o@yahoo.com
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by voicelez: 1:16am On May 17, 2017
judemoore:

Please my brother i need you to send me your phone number i am on my way to Igbuzor for the same project i see we can work together i can assure you pls e mail me your phone number i will call you immediately and you will enjoy the fruits of your labor. this is my email jmoore_o@yahoo.com

I have planted already, I sent that msg months back
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by wisz1(m): 3:42pm On May 31, 2017
dejavus:

I agree with you brother.This thread is very educative.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Wonder1844(m): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Is it possible to get a cheap land in delta state for oil plam plantation? Am very much interested but only have access to land in Edo state but want somewhere in delta state for proximity sake.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Successguilders: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
We apply technology to agriculture, like soil moisture detector with auto irrigation, farm security controlled by farmers mobile phone, fabrication of Farm implement with automatic control system using computer at affordable price, lets hear your specification and we design.
Fabrication and Electronic Lab, Fed. Poly. Nekede Owerri. Whatsapp 0 7 0 1 0 6 3 2 1 2 9
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Mistymash: 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good day house.
Please has any one been able to import the Supergene tenera yet?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Marpol: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
In 2012, the annual revenue received by Indonesia and Malaysia together, the top two producers of palm oil, was $40 billion.[34] Between 1962 and 1982 global exports of palm oil increased from around half a million to 2.4 million tonnes annually and in 2008 world production of palm oil and palm kernel oil amounted to 48 million tonnes. According to FAO forecasts by 2020 the global demand for palm oil will double, and triple by 2050.

Source: Wikipedia
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by waxingmoon: 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
felixzo1:
read from beginning, all you need is found here
Good day @ felixzo1, Please do u have Tenera seed that u can sell?
I thought u might have. since your farm is already producing
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
waxingmoon:

Good day @ felixzo1, Please do u have Tenera seed that u can sell?
I thought u might have. since your farm is already producing
please only buy from nipor, they have the original, a lot of fakes around

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Wonder1844(m): 4:39am On Jun 09, 2017
Good day, I sent u a mail with my phone number please kindly reply me I want to talk to u . thanks
felixzo1:
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by waxingmoon: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2017
felixzo1:
Thanks.
Thought U have it in abundance. That's why
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Beava: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
Going by standard spacing how many stand will an acre
Contain

felixzo1:

Going by the standard planting density of 9 meters by 9 meters a 50 hectare oil palm plantation will contain about(143x50)7150trees.let me agree that the land acquisition is N4 000,000.land depends on location. Lands that are closer to cities or major roads are expensive. but land in remote areas are less expensive. Let me even agree with his reinvestments of N300,000.soo my calculation is as follows
Land...............................................N4000,000
Pre investment……………………………….N300,000
Seedlings procurement…………… …….N1125, 000(150x7500)extra seedlings must be included
Transport to site and land clearing….N500, 000
Labor…………………………………………….. N357,500(N50 per seedlingx7150)
Fertilizers and weeds control s……….N700, 000(fertilizers at least once every yr.,weeding 3 times a year)
Other unforeseen expenses……………N300, 000
This is just for the first year of planting .a reoccurring expenditure of N1000, 000 is anticipated for 3 years
from my estimations an income of more less 10 million naira is expected from the fourth year.peak yeilds are from 8 years ,and income of roughly 35 million naira there after

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
For those who are interested in good oil palm hybrid tenera seed should come to NIFOR, I will assist them if contacted with price details,loading cost etc , cos I work in NIFOR.

3 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by aribisala0(m): 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Is it possible to start a plantation on government land without buying the land?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
aribisala0:
Is it possible to start a plantation on government land without buying the land?.
No
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by aribisala0(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
pryncipal:
No
so one cannot lease land from government?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Marpol: 6:23am On Jun 14, 2017
pryncipal:
For those who are interested in good oil palm hybrid tenera seed should come to NIFOR, I will assist them if contacted with price details,loading cost etc , cos I work in NIFOR.

Drop your contact please.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Farmafric(m): 10:20am On Jun 14, 2017
PLEASE I WISH TO GO INTO OIL BUSINESS, CAN YOU CONNECT ME WITH PALM OIL PRODUCERS
WHATSUP 08029192813
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
Marpol:

Drop your contact please..

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by busayodot: 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello all, I need information about where I can purchase palm nuts
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by dejavus: 9:13am On Jun 23, 2017
pryncipal:

Am not sure how high up on Nifor you are but the official processs for obtaining seedlings from nifor is cumbersome and counterproductive.

On the nifor website there are contact details there, infact I have been I talks with one of the deputy directors in charge of supplying the seedlings by the name of Dr Solomon. I was promised heaven and earth and told to write numerous letters applying for seedling to the director who most times is away in Abuja and after visiting the nifor office, I was still constantly promised and reassured that there is enough seedling to go round.

I was getting really worried by early April since there was no official confirmation that I ll get the 1200+ seedling am after and after putting pressure I was eventually told to explore other options like nifor partners selling nifor sourced seedlings at 3 times the nifor price but no surprises because these partners are nifor employees with their own side business.

Nigeria is such a scam! Nifor knows for a fact they are unable to meet the demands but still strings you along until very close to planting season when you have little options left but to patronise "their" so called partners.

And its just plain ridiculous that every application to buy seedling has to be approved by the director of nifor! Does the guy not have anything better to spend his time on rather than hold people hostage by insisting on vetting all seedling applications?

Typical Nigeria government employee, he wants in on all the action.

That's my personal experience with nifor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
dejavus:

Am not sure how high up on Nifor you are but the official processs for obtaining seedlings from nifor is cumbersome and counterproductive.

On the nifor website there are contact details there, infact I have been I talks with one of the deputy directors in charge of supplying the seedlings by the name of Dr Solomon. I was promised heaven and earth and told to write numerous letters applying for seedling to the director who most times is away in Abuja and after visiting the nifor office, I was still constantly promised and reassured that there is enough seedling to go round.

I was getting really worried by early April since there was no official confirmation that I ll get the 1200+ seedling am after and after putting pressure I was eventually told to explore other options like nifor partners selling nifor sourced seedlings at 3 times the nifor price but no surprises because these partners are nifor employees with their own side business.

Nigeria is such a scam! Nifor knows for a fact they are unable to meet the demands but still strings you along until very close to planting season when you have little options left but to patronise "their" so called partners.

And its just plain ridiculous that every application to buy seedling has to be approved by the director of nifor! Does the guy not have anything better to spend his time on rather than hold people hostage by insisting on vetting all seedling applications?

Typical Nigeria government employee, he wants in on all the action.

That's my personal experience with nifor..
Let me apologize on behalf of NIFOR and Dr. Olusegun Solomon, for this singular action,sorry about it. This forum is to assist one another. It is on record that NIFOR remains the only authentic source of oil palm planting material in Nigeria.(2) NIFOR does not run partners or outlets where planting material can be sourced (3) The process of obtaining planting materials is not that cumbersome as claim, Early application and payment is the key, make your enquiry by visiting NIFOR and do your own accessment, Forget about protocol.(4) The Asst.Director you encounter would have given you the other options which include NIFOR experimental/substation where you can as well buy planting materials, If all these fail then, you can as well buy sprouted nuts and raised nursery yourself to established your farms. Finally, I don't want to talk about position and how highly placed I'm in NIFOR, On the issue of Executive Director approving all request that's his style of leadership, his tenure expire this month end, let us not generalized with this single experience no matter how bad it look.

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Beava: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2017
Can palm be planted in July and August?.

Thanks for your appreciated response

pryncipal:
Let me apologize on behalf of NIFOR and Dr. Olusegun Solomon, for this singular action,sorry about it. This forum is to assist one another. It is on record that NIFOR remains the only authentic source of oil palm planting material in Nigeria.(2) NIFOR does not run partners or outlets where planting material can be sourced (3) The process of obtaining planting materials is not that cumbersome as claim, Early application and payment is the key, make your enquiry by visiting NIFOR and do your own accessment, Forget about protocol.(4) The Asst.Director you encounter would have given you the other options which include NIFOR experimental/substation where you can as well buy planting materials, If all these fail then, you can as well buy sprouted nuts and raised nursery yourself to established your farms. Finally, I don't want to talk about position and how highly placed I'm in NIFOR, On the issue of Executive Director approving all request that's his style of leadership, his tenure expire this month end, let us not generalized with this single experience no matter how bad it look.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 10:39am On Jul 01, 2017
Beava:

The best period is always when the rain is at the peak, June /July ,August is risky business, be guided.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2017
Beava:

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Beava: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
Is Sept, October, November ok to plant? Thanks

pryncipal:
The best period is always when the rain is at the peak, June /July ,August is risky business, be guided.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by adaeze91(f): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mistymash:
Good day house.
Please has any one been able to import the Supergene tenera yet?
search seed world 8s like they have super gene
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by yomie040(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
this thread is quite rich and loaded,am impressed by the yearnings of the youth towards agricbusiness.
Incase you need someone to setup your oil palm plantation, confidently reach out to me on my line. check my signature for details.
No doubt about it, agriculture is the way out in this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.