Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (239727 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by sunbreaker: 1:34am On Jan 01, 2018
abmart80:
Answer my question here first before I will contact you.
They are internet farmer,pls don't buy any book.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 9:04am On Jan 01, 2018
sunbreaker:
They are internet farmer,pls don't buy any book..
For your information the handbook is not my product rather a NIFOR handbook, and very cheap, we should not say things we don't know. I'm not here to exploit or defraud any body..If you are not interested don't discouraged others, If you want to know if Iam a farmer or not come to Edo State and I will take you to my farm for inspection.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 9:05am On Jan 01, 2018
sunbreaker:
They are internet farmer,pls don't buy any book..
For your information the handbook is not my product rather a NIFOR handbook, and very cheap, we should not say things we don't know. I'm not here to exploit or defraud any body..If you are not interested don't discouraged others, If you want to know if Iam a farmer or not come to Edo State and I will take you to my farm on excursion/ inspection.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by moshoodtex: 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
Please Oga, what is the different between hybrid tenera and Super Gene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 6:15am On Jan 03, 2018
moshoodtex:
Please Oga, what is the different between hybrid tenera and Super Gene..
First, Year of fruiting..
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by kolaish(m): 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
pryncipal:
For your information the handbook is not my product rather a NIFOR handbook, and very cheap, we should not say things we don't know. I'm not here to exploit or defraud any body..If you are not interested don't discouraged others, If you want to know if Iam a farmer or not come to Edo State and I will take you to my farm for inspection.
For those highly interested in oil palm plantation, you need someone like a mentor who know what it takes to grow oil palm from the nursery stage to the maturity period. I commend your effort and contribution so far on this thread, though some may be skeptical about it but the truth is that they do not know the value of what they have.

I bought my sprouted seeds in NIFOR Benin in April 2016, nurse them till July 2017 when I planted and the people at NIFOR has been of immense help to me because I use to call on them when I am in doubt during these stages.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by kolaish(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2018
moshoodtex:
Please Oga, what is the different between hybrid tenera and Super Gene.
There are 3 popular specie of oil palm. i.e.

1. Dura
2. Pisifera
3. Tenera

Tenera is the hybrid of Dura and Pisifera, while Super Gene is just the new specie of oil palm planted mainly in Indonesia and it is still new to Nigeria.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2018
kolaish:
For those highly interested in oil palm plantation, you need someone like a mentor who know what it takes to grow oil palm from the nursery stage to the maturity period. I commend your effort and contribution so far on this thread, though some may be skeptical about it but the truth is that they do not know the value of what they have.

I bought my sprouted seeds in NIFOR Benin in April 2016, nurse them till July 2017 when I planted and the people at NIFOR has been of immense help to me because I use to call on them when I am in doubt during these stages..
Thank you for your honest report.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by moshoodtex: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
Thank for the reply, but can you tell the quality of Super Gene over Tenera? Does it contain F3 component (I sound ignorant), please may be you will help me to get like 50 seeds.
kolaish:
There are 3 popular specie of oil palm. i.e.

1. Dura
2. Pisifera
3. Tenera

Tenera is the hybrid of Dura and Pisifera, while Super Gene is just the new specie of oil palm planted mainly in Indonesia and it is still new to Nigeria.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by eromosele1986: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
Plz do nifor have the super gene seed
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 6:43am On Jan 13, 2018
eromosele1986:
Plz do nifor have the super gene seed.
No, but you can make a special arrangement for a culture palms(seedlings) with high resistance to pest and diseases.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by candygirl4real: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Good day house. I have been inspired by this tread. My father inlaw has a palm plantation. There was a day I went visiting and was told his in his farm. I learnt he has been in the biz in the 80s. I found out a few info from him and he said it was profitable if well maintained.dat his children were not interested in towing his line of biz.longstory short he seemed not to be so keen abt d biz. Probably cos of age.following this tread is giving me an inspiration on whether to strike a deal with the old man. But o! Father in law property and father property no be d same oh! Can d gurus in the house advice? Make I hear from una... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by abmart80: 11:27am On Jan 22, 2018
Please house I want to know where to get oil palm plant to plant, and the prize per one and how many plant will I need for 25 acres of land? thanks while waiting for useful info regard this.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 4:28am On Jan 23, 2018
abmart80:
Please house I want to know where to get oil palm plant to plant, and the prize per one and how many plant will I need for 25 acres of land? thanks while waiting for useful info regard this.
Please go for NIFOR seedlings
25acres ~ 10ha => 1500seedlings needed but depending on farm layout employed
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Mega03: 1:15am On Feb 06, 2018
Hello house I really want to appreciate you all for your contributions, please anyone with the information on how i can get the super-gene nursery?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by 1kingwriter: 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Please ooooooo
how many oil palm trees can I plant on a plot of land
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 6:45am On Apr 28, 2018
1kingwriter:
Please ooooooo
how many oil palm trees can I plant on a plot of land.
The practice in Nigeria is that a plot of land is 100*100, while six plots is = one arce. The standard practice in oil palm plantation is 1550 palms per arce this can be compromised though to accommodate more palms say 1570 or there about. Going by this calculations your one plot of land will accommodate between 258/260 palms. Hope this will help.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by adaeze91(f): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2018
pryncipal:
The practice in Nigeria is that a plot of land is 100*100, while six plots is = one arce. The standard practice in oil palm plantation is 1550 palms per arce this can be compromised though to accommodate more palms say 1570 or there about. Going by this calculations your one plot of land will accommodate betweebn 258/260 palms. Hope this will help.
which kind analysis be this, from what i learned so far one plot wont contain more than 15 trees

3 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
Just for clarity and standardization
1ha will accommodate approximately 150 palm stands at measurement of 9m x 9m
1ha = 2.5acres
1acre will accommodate approximately 60 palm stands only.

Please potentials in this oilpalm plantation agribusiness should engage and pay professional(s).
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Desiny4(m): 9:09am On Jun 05, 2018
Pls How can I get hybrid oil palm seedlings and at what rate.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Kuthyphem2017: 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
Please i need ur contact @okine4real
okine4real:
I have been hearing lots of people, talking about different types of Agricultural produce they can plant or would want to plant, But what i have not seen on these forum is for someone to really come out and tell us, all the stress, difficulties, ups and down he/she went through before setting up there plantation.

I want to start by saying i have managed to secure mine self 13 plots of land. Each plot is a 100 by 100 feet. i want to start up an oil palm plantation. I have been able to buy 1755 oil palm Nursery from NIFOR. My story goes like these.......

Each oil palm nursery cost 150 Naira
Loading of each oil palm Nursery inside the vehicle is 20 Naira each
I paid 50,000 to convey the goods from IMO state to Ibusa Delta state.

On getting to the farm, the vehicle could not get to ibusa on time, the vehicle got to ibusa around 9.30pm. So the vehicle had to park in the house for the night. The next morning the journey to the farm began around 6.30Am, on getting to the entrance of the farm, the vehicle could not go in, because of poor road network. The vehicle managed to drive in but as the vehicle drove in, some sticks punctured one tire. So we had to off load the hold oil palm nursery on the ground. So we hard to go hire a pick up van. The van owner charged us 6,000 to convey the nursery to a location closer to mine own farm because there are other people farm in front of mine farm. now after that, i had to call the Hausa boys to use there wheelbarrow to convey the nursery to the farm, they charged 24,000. na wa ohhhh

Now the next stage is for me to plant. My mum's brother did one of these Agricultural causes is school, so he is a professional when planting oil palms.

We used a spacing is 8.7feet. you heard me clear, 8.7 feet. while they where doing the measurement, you know when planting oil palm, you have to do pegging, some hard roots was sitting on the sport where he was suppose to plant the oil palm, there was so much roots on the ground, we called the Hausa people again, they charged me 30,000 to uproot all the hard roots. so work continued. As am specking now, they have finished planting the 1755 oil palms. They would be buying more 200 palms because its like the land is more bigger than with i was told.

While am putting these here is for the new people that wants to go into farming. People, if you must go into farming, you must have money..... The more you go into it, the more unforeseen issues comes, and if you don't have cash to solve the issue immediately, your work would be suspended.

Also it does not end in just planting, there are still lots of things to be done before the said three years when you would starting harvesting.

So far so good, i have don't lots of mistakes in setting up mine oil palm plantation. If i have read some post that advices one on NL about setting up Oil palm plantation, i would not have made these silly mistakes.

if you are setting up an oil palm plantation.

Never you buy expensive lands.
Buy from NIFOR in your State not from outside your state
Let there me good motor able rood, so the vehicle conveying the palms can go into your land direct.
Make sure there is know roots in the ground that would disturb when planting

I would update later when more things comes into mine head
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Kuthyphem2017: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Please I need ur number and I want open it in a big way like on 150hecters this is my contact 08030885396 I need someone to talk too. @Okine4real
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
Desiny4:
Pls How can I get hybrid oil palm seedlings and at what rate.
its available.kindly contact 08164628081
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
Sequel to the analysis given above, I like to first and foremost thank @ Okine4real for his details explanation and his trust for NiFOR products are , I want to correct some few things.
1) The standard measurement for oil palm is 9mtr, the reason for this includes easy access, among others that i cannot print here.
2) You quoted that you bought your seedlings for #150 from NIFOR, To put the record straight if those seedlings were purchased between 2012-2015 they are actually NIFOR products, but if otherwise, I'm sorry to tell you that those products have been compromised, and adulterated and are NOT NiFOR materials . Below are the current prices for NIFOR products.
(a) Seedlings #350
(b) Seedlets #150
(c) 20 lits.palm oil .....?
(d) Coconut seedllings...?
(e) Palm wine ......?.
You also talk lack of assistance to prospective farmers on this forum, well it depends on what you mean by that, because I have offered a lot of assistance to many people who contacted me through my phone number or whatsaap, Fellow forumite can attest to that.
Finally, I want to wish everyone happy farming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Mosilar(m): 10:13am On Aug 18, 2018
To be every sincere, I have been quietly following all the post in this forum and I'm in love with almost every post, May Almighty God bless you all. Moreover I want some answers and suggestion to my confused situation. I'm 21 by age and I want to go into this oil palm business . what could 10million do for me, how many hectares of Land can this capital cover, and after Three years , what exactly will be my profit. (the land for cultivation and the Mill should be considered with this capital also ) thanks you so much
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by PoWConsulting: 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase one of the following Business Plans or Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Custard Powder Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

6. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

7. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

8. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

9. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

10. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

13. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

14. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

17. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

18. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

19. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mosilar:
To be every sincere, I have been quietly following all the post in this forum and I'm in love with almost every post, May Almighty God bless you all. Moreover I want some answers and suggestion to my confused situation. I'm 21 by age and I want to go into this oil palm business . what could 10million do for me, how many hectares of Land can this capital cover, and after Three years , what exactly will be my profit. (the land for cultivation and the Mill should be considered with this capital also ) thanks you so much.
If you on whatsaap, let's the discurssion continue here 08051238707
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Mosilar(m): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
okay , I will add you up now.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Mosilar(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
please i still need suggestions

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.