Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (339430 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by klens(m): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
lordZOUGA:
so, did the dark knight work fine with chainfire 3d?
my phone is not rooted, I need Root access to use chainfire
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by twinskenny(m): 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
klens: blade slinger
where d u get ur games?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by biz2get(m): 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
twinskenny: where d u get ur games?

Play store
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by klens(m): 12:14am On Jun 07, 2013
biz2get:

Play store
no.not one site and I use torrent. check out this link and download some HD games, http://bucketgnome.com/FIFA+13+apk+and+SD+data.html you can search and download HD games their

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by biz2get(m): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2013
klens: no.not one site and I use torrent. check out this link and download some HD games, http://bucketgnome.com/FIFA+13+apk+and+SD+data.html you can search and download HD games their

Most of my items are Frm plays tore
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Digatron(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2013
pls who can help me in rooting my f7
currently using MTK droid method but i get half way and it stops.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Digatron(m): 12:48am On Jun 07, 2013
while i was surfing i came across this from a blog

MXNEC M307 MT6577 ROOTING and BACK UP

MXNEC M307 is one of thousands or probably millions device for MT6577 SoC. A Rooting Method for MXNEC M307 probably also working for all MT6577 Devices, but No Guarantee. Rooting TUTORIAL have been established by XDA Member Yuweng on his XDA Thread however, the thread make Head Spinning Sometimes, due to Not Well Organized, No Doubt XDA Forum is one of greatest Forum in the Net. MXNEC seems a Local Thailand Brand, thus The Device is Not Internationally recognized, this Thailand Vendor probably manufactured the device in China

Recognizing Your Device
This page of MXNEC M307 DEVICE hopefully give some details of the device, and visit VENDOR SITE for gain another information.
Precondition of Device
Fresh from the Vendor or Factory condition (mean device is in condition when a user received from retailer is welcome)
Device in well Function (some bloatware include sometimes)
No hardware damage or malfunction
No tweak, failure attemp to root, No messy partition lay out
What do we want to gain
Root Access to device
Installing CWR or TWRP in Device
Wipe bloatware
Installing some preferred application and required root access
Flashing CUSTOM ROM once available
Use the device as Development/Learning Board
Basic Skill
Understand How to use Windows Computer, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 in basic
Understand How to INSTALL DRIVER on your Windows Computer
Understand basic Android Tweaking very common terminology like : ADB (Android Debug Bridge), Developer Option, Android USB Debugging
Tools Available and Requirement
Windows PC (unfortunately No Flashing Tools available for Linux Platform so far)
MTK Droid Tools : You can DOWNLOAD AND SAY THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER
MTK Droid is Rooting Tools for MT6577 and known work for MT6575 MT6555 MT6553, the tools is not only for rooting, but can do Back Up, whole ROM live in the device
michfood-Port-TWRP-V2.4.2.0-Varun.Chitre15 : DOWNLOAD HERE
This tools will PORT Stock Recovery for your Device into TWRP (a Touch Customs Android Recovery software) released by TEAM WIN
SP Flash Tools for MT65xx : DOWNLOAD HERE
MT Flash Tools is for Flashing rom system image, boot image, recovery image, logo image, boot loader image and other component into device.
Google USB Driver : DOWNLOAD HERE For Windows Machine
Google USB Driver for Windows is required for your device to have ADB Interface and Detected as ADB Device
MTK OEM Drivers for your MXNEC M307 MT6577 Device : DOWNLOAD HERE
OEM Drivers is Windows Driver wrote uniquely for Your Device to enable phone device communicate properly with Desktop PC
MT6577 USB VCOM Drivers : DOWNLOAD HERE
7zip an archive software to unpack/repack zip archived file DOWNLOAD HERE (if don't have already) other zip application like winzip also welcome

Presumed All Drivers properly set up on Win Machine, All Tolls Downloaded and Extracted in appropriate working folder, full charge the battery of Smart Phone

Let the fun begin, FIRST Thing to do is testing all PC Port working well, ensuring PC detected and can communicate with device, turn on windows machine sound and set to give sound alert once a new device/peripheral connected. Just for info, MXNEC M307 (and probably most MT6577 devices), have NO fastboot interface on the boot loader, they utilize UBOOT (Universal Boot) as boot loader. The "download mode" is a state where a device ready to accept flashing process of internal "disk" (emmc or mtd), for MT6577 device the state NAMED PRELOADER. PRELOADER STATE, MXNEC M307 MT6577 device can be achieved by

Swtiched OFF the phone
Take out the Battery
Put in Back the Battery into battery slop
Connected to PC via USB Port
NOTE : Preloader State on MXNEC M307 MT6577 Device is appear only some seconds, probably 3-5 seconds since device connected to usb, and after that immediately turning into CHARGING STATE

Testing Connection between device and PC
Do above step : swithced off phone, take out battery, put in back battery into battery slot properly
Open Device Manager on Windows Machine
Connect phone to PC Via USB Port
Check Device Manager on PC

If you DO NOT SEE MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port (Com6 ... Your probably different port number)
There is a problem on connection and will caused failure in flashing the device, go and check your driver installation
If you CAN SEE MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM, then it is correct track to proceed

Please Check Also on ADB State the device is detected by PC, ADB State is device Normal Booting up on a condition when a normal phone used for phoning, texting, browsing, gaming etc.
Switched on Phone, let phone booting normally up to ON stand by state
Set phone into USB Debugging ENABLE, touch Setting > Developer Option > USB Debugging ... Optionally Enable Stay Awake

Connect phone to PC via usb Port
Open windows Machine and Check the Device Manager

UNFORTUNATELY My MXNEC M307 MT6577 detected by windows as SAMSUNG DEVICE sad
If dont see anything or ADB Exclaimed. Then need to get rid with reinstalling OEM Drivers and Google USB Driver
LET DO ROOTING
Rooting to MXNEC M307 MT6577 will Use MTKDroidTools which should be downloaded and unpacked. Go to Unpcaked MTKDroidTools Folder
For windows 7 point MTKDroidTools.exe > right click > Run As Administrator
Connect Phone to PC via USB Port (Phone in ADB/Android Mode)
A MTK Droid Tools windows will Come Up

First and Very Important is Creating Scatter File
To create Scatter File Click BlockMap button
A Windows will Come Up

Click Create Scatter File
Save File Named MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in a Folder you like, suggested create a folder named MXNEC M307 to save the file for easy tracing
Hit Return on the Block Info window
Back to MTKDroid Tools Windiows

Click ROOT Button
On Process MTK Tools windows will instruct to touch Restore My Data on Phone
Your Phone will change to a Restore state, something like below

Tap the Phone gently at Restore my Data
Please patiently wait ... Phone is being rooted by MTK Droid Tools ... take a while
A POP UP WINDOWS WILL APPEAR TO ASK RESTORE PLEASE ENSURE TO CLICK NO AGAIN NO
A Window Pop Up appear to ask to Install Busybox and File Explorer ... ensure to click YES

FINISH YOU ARE ROOTED and JUST BREAK YOUR WARRANTY

After gaining ROOT ACCESS, the MUST do is Back Up the whole ROM in live device. This is very important and very usable

To unbrick a device if something wrong during tweaking, testing
To revert back to Factory state for many purpose... Just in case
To help friend owned similart device and need factory ROM by uploading somewhere in the NET, set to enable public access thus anyone can download

BACK UP FACTORY ROM LIVE IN DEVICE

Device have been rooted by above step
Set Device to USB Debugging Enable
Go to MTK Droid Tools > Run As Administrator MTK Droid Tools.exe
Connect Phone to PC via USB Port

Green color on device indicator 9300 indicate the devices have been ROOTED (The Color for every computer probably different)
Click Second Tab : root, backup,recovery

To do Back up Just Click Back Up Button, by default MTK Droid Tools will back up the whole rom WITHOUT USERDATA (everything user setup like google account, email setting, time zone, gmail setting). If you want to back up also your peronal setting then Thick Backup User data and Cache, otherwise let it blank
Option Leave Flash Tools File on SD Card will also store backup file to phone's sd card Suggestion Leave it Blank, since storing the file at sdcard probably will fail if sdcard full
Once everything satisfying : Click BACK UP Button
Back up process starting

It is take a while Just be patient
Upon nearly finishing Back Up a pop up request appear

Suggested to click YES, by accepting the option, Tools will archive the whole back up rom into zip file. It is easier to be store and upload to internet storage
FINISHED .... Back Up file stored into : MTKDroidTools > Backup
Suggested To copy backup file and store into other safe folder Just in case ...

NEXT : BUILD A CUSTOM RECOVERY FOR MXNEC M307 MT6577
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Digatron(m): 12:50am On Jun 07, 2013
but i need the OEM drivers of the phone(mtk oem drivers) anyone with a clue ow i can move forward
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Digatron(m): 12:53am On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cube2012: 3:55am On Jun 07, 2013
root ur f7 safe and fast contact: 08134804683
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by jentlelee: 5:07am On Jun 07, 2013
elijahdre: f7 still selling like fire.watch out for L7 soonest.its a mini phone like n3
is it tecno product
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by lanre316: 5:31am On Jun 07, 2013
I got the phone yesterday from Elijahdre. It was sent to me in Ibadan via bus.

The phone is superb. I was thinking of buying galaxy grand before and thank God, I didn't. This is one of the best android phone in the range of 33k. The graphics is stunning and all my apps were running smoothly.

I will recommend this phone to anyone with around 30k budget for a phone and I will recommend Elijahdre as a reliable supplier especially for those outside lagos. He even helped me get a 32gb sd card that I am using with the phone and we have never met before nairaland.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mikeoluwasogo(m): 5:49am On Jun 07, 2013
I just bought my Tecno F7 here in Jos on Wednesday but the browsing setting I don't know cos it is not browsing. Pls kindly share with me how to do the setting
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sfiea: 6:03am On Jun 07, 2013
Nice one pal, same with bizbloke, never met him before only saw his signature and deal. But never throw caution into the wind. There some wolves are lurking around, be mindful. Chao!

lanre316: I got the phone yesterday from Elijahdre. It was sent to me in Ibadan via bus.

The phone is superb. I was thinking of buying galaxy grand before and thank God, I didn't. This is one of the best android phone in the range of 33k. The graphics is stunning and all my apps were running smoothly.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2013
@Digatron

Digatron: wow, finally am with my f7.
I got mine 39k at G-SMART illorin. (murritala road opposite slot) imagine slot at illorin doesn't have it.
Guys this phone is worth 60k am serious, the screen is HD indeed and some other features.
its still a virgin(unrooted) and am hoping to try rooting it all methods i know. try and get one pals, stop reviewing. soon demand will exceed supply and u know the implicaton........price booooooommmmmm
pls let us know more about this phone, such as battery life,brwse and other thing.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2013
sfi_ea: Nice one pal, same with bizbloke, never met him before only saw his signature and deal. But never throw caution into the wind. There some wolves are lurking around, be mindful. Chao!

Lol @ some wolves. True that, anyway. Thanks for the feedback, Sfi_ea.

Alright, still purchase your Tecno F7. Flat rate of N33,000. If you're in Lagos, pick up from our office.

If you're in other states, pay before delivery, we deliver to you @ the rate of N2,000 courier service.

Edo, Delta, Awka, Onitsha: N1,000 flat rate.

Keep the calls coming in.

Good morning, house.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2013
klens: my phone is not rooted, I need Root access to use chainfire
chainfire 3D is for gingerbreaf, honeycomb and icecream sandwitch be careful for it will brick your lovely f7
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2013
Do u know that u need a good data plan to enjoy ur android device? I can give you up to 2GB for just N1k & 4GB for N1500. Drop ur airtel no. to get 20MB free if you're in doubt.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 07, 2013
brycesamba: When is the f7 coming to the market? anyone has any idea?

Already in the market for 32,500. Picking mine 2moro. But phone dey cost for here oo.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by uchechuwku: 7:14am On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 07, 2013
Digatron: wow, finally am with my f7.
I got mine 39k at G-SMART illorin. (murritala road opposite slot) imagine slot at illorin doesn't have it.
Guys this phone is worth 60k am serious, the screen is HD indeed and some other features.
its still a virgin(unrooted) and am hoping to try rooting it all methods i know. try and get one pals, stop reviewing. soon demand will exceed supply and u know the implicaton........price booooooommmmmm

39k is costly is 32.5k in Aba and cheaper in other places.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2013
mikeoluwasogo: I just bought my Tecno F7 here in Jos on Wednesday but the browsing setting I don't know cos it is not browsing. Pls kindly share with me how to do the setting

Go to your date and time settings. Set your date and time correctly. Go to internet and try opening a page, select automatic when it tells you ''cannot find service provider''. Good to go.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 07, 2013
I want to buy but i have doubts about camera,is the camera really good like the galaxy s2
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by leTrizzle: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2013
mikeoluwasogo: I just bought my Tecno F7 here in Jos on Wednesday but the browsing setting I don't know cos it is not browsing. Pls kindly share with me how to do the setting
How much is it in jos?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2013
lanre316: I got the phone yesterday from Elijahdre. It was sent to me in Ibadan via bus.

I will recommend this phone to anyone with around 30k budget for a phone and I will recommend Elijahdre as a reliable supplier especially for those outside lagos. He even helped me get a 32gb sd card that I am using with the phone and we have never met before nairaland.
its our pleasure sir.ure also a wonderful customer.hope to know you physically soon.Jesus loves u
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:56am On Jun 07, 2013
uchechuwku:

You have received your free 20MB. Dial *141*11*0# to check your data balance wink
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by uchechuwku: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2013
idee.esperanza:

You have received your free 20MB. Dial *141*11*0# to check your data balance wink

Really?
I dnt get any
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by wabbyland(m): 8:04am On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:09am On Jun 07, 2013
uchechuwku:

Really?
I dnt get any

check again
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by speak2adis: 8:10am On Jun 07, 2013
@bizbloke,pls send ur number,l need to call u
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2013
wabbyland: 07085510075
Dial *141*11*0# to check your data balance wink
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 8:13am On Jun 07, 2013
speak2adis: @bizbloke,pls send ur number,l need to call u

08035166516. Awaiting your call, sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.