Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Beverage Addiction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beverage Addiction (785 Views)

Help My Husband's Addiction Is Really Killing Me. / Share Your Addiction!! / Bye to sexual Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beverage Addiction by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 31, 2013
Hello house,any advice on this health issue for me. Hubby is addicted to beverage, tea and d likes. infact,he can mix only God knows what and drink.pepsi and five alive included. What do u suggest I give him for body detoxification? they hv family history of diabetes. d other day I told him I will wash bitter leave and give him d water to drink. I'm really worried and he can't stop. Please,I need suggestion,I don crack my head tire cos dis one pass me o.thanks a lot.
Re: Beverage Addiction by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 31, 2013
Same here,i have simply resigned to this "Eat or not,either way,we ll all wind up dead.The only difference is timing".it doesn't stop me from thinking of a cure to his sweet tooth but atleast it stopped me from driving myself nuts about his health.
Re: Beverage Addiction by bebe2(f): 4:15pm On May 31, 2013
byvan: Same here,i have simply resigned to this "Eat or not,either way,we ll all wind up dead.The only difference is timing".it doesn't stop me from thinking of a cure to his sweet tooth but atleast it stopped me from driving myself nuts about his health.

cheesy MY dear death no be death o,

some death wey e be say dem go don amputate the person legs, e go dey bed dey shi.t and pisss for body dat one na bad death.

seriously its very hard to leave a healthy life, i have been trying to lose weight for ober a year but not doing too well.
my hubby makes it worse, he is a feeder and he doesnt deny it. i will have to leave him or be more determined before i can achieve my goal.

@ topic: its ur husband who needs to be aware of the danger and be trying to cut down.

doesnt matter how many bitter leave water he drinks if he continues to do d same thing it will mean trouble in the future.

but u need to take it easy na small small caffeine is bevery addictive so need time to wean him off.
Re: Beverage Addiction by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 31, 2013
Bebe2,I hv preached,treatened no way.infact,I hv to buy a seperate pot for him cos of this cos everythin in my kitchen is for boilin tea.
After our weddin some yrs back,he agreed to tone it down.I was happy that for one wk no tea and milo, only for me to wake up one night on my way to d lo,I had small noise in my kitchen,opened door and behold..
His daddy is presently a diabetic patient so he is aware of d health implication.I just need something to counter d effect a bit.
At least he hits d gym regularly but that's not enof.
Re: Beverage Addiction by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 31, 2013
@bebe2,Method of dying might differ but then,thats a story for another day.if you can't change something, ll you rather give your self high BP over it?
Re: Beverage Addiction by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 31, 2013
byvan: @bebe2,Method of dying might differ but then,thats a story for another day.if you can't change something, ll you rather give your self high BP over it?
My dear,that's why I'm looking for remedy.at least I will hv rest of mind
Re: Beverage Addiction by baby124: 6:06pm On May 31, 2013
Squeeze a little lemon or lime in water for him. It is just that he likes drinking fluids but fluids with taste. As we know water is tasteless. When he drinks water with lime/lemon, with time he will even start drinking water just by itself. Sugary drinks are very bad. It should be a once in a while thing.
Re: Beverage Addiction by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 31, 2013
baby_123: Squeeze a little lemon or lime in water for him. It is just that he likes drinking fluids but fluids with taste. As we know water is tasteless. When he drinks water with lime/lemon, with time he will even start drinking water just by itself. Sugary drinks are very bad. It should be a once in a while thing.
Sis,I which this can be done.he don't eat anything fruit. Fruit allergy. No b only one thing I dey battle with here o!
Re: Beverage Addiction by baby124: 6:31pm On May 31, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Sis,I which this can be done.he don't eat anything fruit. Fruit allergy. No b only one thing I dey battle with here o!

Na wa! Well, he just has to decide to cut out the sugar and drink water only. Scare him that with diabetes he will have to take injections everyday of his life if he doesn't stop.
Re: Beverage Addiction by bebe2(f): 7:03pm On May 31, 2013
U can try alternatives. I hear Green tear is gud. U can change his sugar to sweetner. Swap the milk for skimmed or semi skimmed.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Help / Boy Tourtured And Murdered Over Dinner / Five Words You Should Never Say To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.