Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

David De Gea: I Used To Play As A Striker And Scored Lots Of Goals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David De Gea: I Used To Play As A Striker And Scored Lots Of Goals (809 Views)

During My Playing Days, I Used Juju – Taribo / Expect Harvest Of Goals Against Rwanda – Keshi / The Nigerian Globacom Premier League Dearth Of Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

David De Gea: I Used To Play As A Striker And Scored Lots Of Goals by qwester: 6:07pm On May 31, 2013
Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea has revealed that he used to harbour ambitions of being an outfield player
David De Gea made 41 appearances for United last term
David De Gea has revealed that he used to harbour ambitions of being an outfield player before eventually settling into his role as a goalkeeper.

The 22-year-old Manchester United shot-stopper has earned plenty of praise for his recent performances for the Red Devils after overcoming a shaky start to his Old Trafford career.

And the Spaniard, who made 41 appearances for United as Sir Alex Ferguson’s men won the Premier League title at a canter, claims he was a prolific striker as a youngster.

As a youngster, I played as an outfield player, De Gea told United’s website.

I was a forward and scored lots of goals but eventually settled on being a goalkeeper.

I think I’ve always liked to pass the ball and dribble – in the Spain under-age teams, I used to practise with the ball at my feet.

And, at a club like United, it’s important to be able to support the team in every way.”

De Gea also revealed his “pride” at playing for the Red Devils.

Playing for United, one of the greatest clubs in the world, is always a source of pride to me,” De Gea told United’s website.

Every time I pull the shirt on, I’m pulling on the history of this club
source https://aboutmanu./

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Complete Willian Siging / West African Giants Wants Their Swag Back!!!! / Ethiopia 1 Vs Nigeria 2who Did You Think Was The Man Of The Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.