Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting (2148 Views)

Andy Murray Donated 1.6M Pounds Wimbledon Prize Money To Cancer Research / Messi Makes 29 Million Pounds In 2011 / Chelsea To Pay 2M POUNDS For 14yr Old Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by anon101(f): 1:58pm On May 17, 2006
A friend of mine just lost £7000 in spread betting,

please how can you move on with life when you lose so much and you haven't even made that much from the stuff

please are you into this spread betting thing please let me know how you can actually make profit from it
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by Seun(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2006
Don't worry, someone else has gained that 700 pounds that your friend lost! Is it sports betting you're talking about here, or something else? How come you are still interested despite your friend's enormous loss?
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by anon101(f): 3:13pm On May 17, 2006
i am still interested because he made 3500 pounds on 4 days then i told him to just take the money and leave then he went to bet on a high stake thinking he would make more back and then he lost it

I just want to do it make smalll money and leave

OJUKOKORO

1 Like

Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by Seun(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2006
There's no guarantee that you'll be able to make small money before you decide to leave! About your friend's situation: sorry, but gambling is meant to be a recreational activity not a way to make money!
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by MrLoverMAn(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2006
I do spread bet and have made money , but not in that large scale of thousands
Just started betting at the begining of the year, so learning the ropes.
Just making hundreads for now.

But it sure is a way to make money, if you know what to do.
Some people think its much quicker than properties.
In and out unlike properties where you have to wait for over 10 years for profits

Did your friend use a stop loss, at least it prevents you from huge losses.

BlackNBold , holla at me, I will give you some useful info to start with.
But do bear in mind , just liek your friend found out, you can make as well as lose money.
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by hotangel2(f): 7:42pm On May 18, 2006
My cousin used to do that. Like Man U will win, arsenal win lose.

someimes he wins other times, qwa qwa!

I'm sorry for ur friends loss. OMG 7000 pounds?? u mean 700 pounds? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by ICEMAN(m): 12:39pm On May 19, 2006
Hey it's the Iceman.Anyone intrested in betting on World cup games on www.sportsfanatik.com can bet through Aesthetica International.We will open an account for you.We collect 10% for registering you and 10% of your winnings if you win.Theminimum bets are $5.00 while the Max is $1100.Call us on 08034139537.Have a great world cup.[/color][color=#000099] smiley
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by anon101(f): 1:41pm On May 19, 2006
iceman i gues you just started your own betting company

1 Like

Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by Vieira(m): 2:24pm On May 19, 2006
spreadbetting is on options and stuff. This is the wrong forum for this discussion.

I am just learning it and I am really taking it slow.

I have a friend who lost £8k a month ago but overall he is well up on it.

But do not do it if you cannot afford to lose the money.

simple.
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by Dewalex(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2006
I think your Friend invested so much money in it. Spread Betting is just like playing pool , but at thesame time people have become rich in playing It. I will rather suggest that anyone that want to go to it should rather bet on stock market other than on sport.
Does anyone remember John Fashanu and his team mate the guy from south Africa who was a goal keeper in one of the premiership clubs in Uk? The goal keeper was accused of taken bribe before a match.so tell me if you bet on such a match what do you expect.
If anyone is interested in spread betting please consider the stock market.
Have al ook at this web site www.betonmarkets.com and see how spread Betting works
Good luck
Re: A Friend Lost 7000 Pounds In Spread Betting by abdulD1(m): 10:25am On Jun 19, 2007
Guys, i think Blanknbold is talking about "spread betting" not "sports betting",
i'm pretty sure they're two different things,
Spread betting is mainly betting on stocks while Sports betting we all know,

to tell u the fact, if i lost 7000 Pounds in Spread Betting? i'll try and get over it ASAP, because the more i think of it, the more its gonna hurt,
i've done that alot in sports betting,

(1) (Reply)

Start Learning With Amazing Video Tutorials (education, Certifications & Skills) / France Vs Iceland. All Iceland Player's Name End With 'son' / I Cannot Stop Winning With Stakegains Three Odds Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.