Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 (39975 Views)

Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by darealez(m): 7:26am On Jun 01, 2013
As the cold war between President Goodluck Jonathan and his benefactor, former president Olusegun Obasanjo, rages, some of Obasanjo’s loyalists who are at the receiving end have chosen to quit the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

But the former president has vowed to remain in the party and fight to the finish.

The relationship between the two leaders of the party has been everything but cordial despite the public show of friendship and mutual trust. Those who know better have read the handwriting on the wall, which aims at dismantling Obasanjo’s political structure for daring to ask Jonathan to quit the presidency come 2015 as he promised two years ago.

Before Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State reminded President Jonathan of the one-term pact he struck with the PDP chieftains before he was endorsed for the 2011 presidential race, Obasanjo, LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt, had asked the president to suspend the second term bid. The president was said to have replied, “Sir, I have never thought of 2015.”

LEADERSHIP Sunday checks revealed that Obasanjo’s loyalists recently met with him to sound him out on their intention to quit the PDP for another political party as “it is becoming evident that the party wants to adopt President Jonathan as its presidential candidate for 2015”.

The former president was said to have told them they would not be intimidated out of the party.
“We are going nowhere, nobody would kick us out of our party,’’ he reportedly said. “We will fight back. ”

To ensure that Jonathan does not win a second term ticket, it was learnt, the former president has engaged a former ambassador from the north-east geopolitical zone as one of his foot soldiers in the north, while the governors of Niger, Jigawa, Sokoto, Bauchi and two others are working behind the scenes to actualise a northern president come 2015.

Since that time, according to our checks, the president had ambushed his godfather severally, looking for ways of forcing him to endorse his candidacy. As fate would have it, the court ruling that voided the election of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as the national secretary of the party became a weapon as he was asked to go in obedience to the court verdict, and his deputy was sworn.

However, President Jonathan made a u-turn on his rift with Obasanjo when he agreed to reach out to the former president at a meeting with some former national chairmen of the party led by the incumbent, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, at the presidential villa.

“The party elders and the president spoke at length on the ways to resolve the crisis in the party. But one of the decisions reached was the need for Jonathan to mend fences with Obasanjo. They believed that once the two leaders are together, the tension in the party will be reduced to the barest minimum,” a PDP leader who attended the meeting said.

The meeting also advised Jonathan to attend a civic reception organised in honour of Obasanjo by the south-west PDP in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on his way to Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, for an extraordinary session of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Authority of Heads of State and Government.

The meeting also prevailed on him to withdraw support for Chief Tony Anenih’s bid for Board of Trustees (BoT) chairmanship. It was thought that this would persuade Obasanjo to reconcile with the president. Those that were at the reception included the former PDP national vice-chairman (south-west), Mr. Segun Oni, Oyinlola, Chief Bode George, Chief Dapo Sarumi, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Chief Bode Olajumoke, and Otunba Oyewole Fashawe. Others were Alhaji Shuaib Oyedokun, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo, Chief Yekeen Adeojo, Chief Lekan Balogun, Chief Richard Akinjide, Chief Tunji Olurin, and Chief Joju Fadairo.

But the president never showed up. Instead it was Tukur that attended, saying that he represented the president. That was when Obasanjo told him that he would never stop criticising the president despite the fact that he held him in high esteem as president, a source said.

However, both Jonathan and Obasanjo had a private meeting in London after the launch of Obasanjo’s foundation. LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt that Jonathan solicited Obasanjo’s support for his second term bid to enable him continue with his transformation agenda. Obasanjo reportedly told him point blank to bury the thought, noting that it would impugn on his integrity as a former military head of state and two-term civilian president.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/49641/2013/03/10/2015_i_will_fight_back_obasanjo_tells_jonathan.html
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by qualified(f): 7:40am On Jun 01, 2013
What does he have against GEJ?
Why is most of them clamouring for a Northen candidate? I didnt read they wan him out cos of non-performance but they need a Northern candidate. SE and SS cant stay for complete 2 terms? Seriously, i am sick wit all these regional politics.
Dont worry sir, god-fathers dont make kings any more but GOD the Father does!

72 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 01, 2013
Isn't it ironic that this same man who was desperately and unconstitutionally seeking a third (and perhaps life) tenure in office now has the effrontery to ask another president not to seek a CONSTITUTIONAL second term?

45 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Gamji007: 8:27am On Jun 01, 2013
qualified: What does he have against GEJ?
Why is most of them clamouring for a Northen candidate? I didnt read they wan him out cos of non-performance but they need a Northern candidate. SE and SS cant stay for complete 2 terms? Seriously, i am sick wit all these regional politics.

If GEJ had performed well,do you think he will have so many against him? Only sycophants and short sighted loyalist would support GEJ!

Well, let them all crush themselves. I believe the end is near for the enemies of Nigeria!

38 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by alaoeri: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2013
pro01: Isn't it ironic that this same man who was desperately and unconstitutionally seeking a third (and perhaps life) tenure in office now has the effrontery to ask another president not to seek a CONSTITUTIONAL second term?
Yeah its constitutional for GEJ to contest, lets him try his luck & test his popularity but why is he hunting Amaechi because what makes it constitutional for GEJ also makes its constitutional for Amaechi.

41 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by superior1: 8:54am On Jun 01, 2013
Owun agba fiju omode lo, abe ewe lowa.

If a clueless kid is playing smart, the knowledgeable adult leaves him to his folly.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2013
Whoever wins PDP presidential primary wins the presidential election. GEJ,being in total control of PDP machinery,need not entertain any fear as he will effortlessly defeat any candidate that will stand against him in 2015 PDP presidential primary election. Therefore,OBJ's plan to fight back is a mere boast that will never materialise into a noticeable struggle to scuttle GEJ's 2nd term bid.

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2013
alaoeri:
Yeah its constitutional for GEJ to contest, lets him try his luck & test his popularity but why is he hunting Amaechi because what makes it constitutional for GEJ also makes its constitutional for Amaechi.

Amaechi should go and "test his popularity" on the platform of another party. Inordinately aspiring to scheme his way to the PDP presidential ticket, in spite of the existence of an incumbent, is an act of insolence that deserves the harshest response from the incumbent. Democracy involves options, and thankfully, options (alternative political parties) are too numerous to mention. Let him take his ambition to another party. Why is this so hard?

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2013
Nigerians clamoured for the steering of Nigerians Politics to be taken away from the Old Generation, and GEJ has done that. It is very unbecoming for OBJ to, at his terrible old age, seek to 'anoint' someone for Nigerians. He has no place in Nigeria's future and we need new sets of leaders with new mindsets. GEJ has put structures on ground for the take-off of Nigeria and he has been within the confine of the laws. 2nd Term re-election is within the confine of all laws. GEJ has taken over PDP structures and machinery and he GEJ and few 'performing' governors will have automatic consensus PDP ticket without primaries. Full Stop!

24 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by kunlekunle: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by CLASSMAN: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2013
i day laugh ooooooooooooooooo, Jona better not toy with OBJ

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by eagleeye2: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2013
I will like it very much for Jonathan to test his popularity with the electorates come 2015, in a "free and fair" election (if that is possible in Nigeria). I pray that what happened at the just concluded NGF election won't happen again (I dey dream oh).
But, OBJ is the last man I want to be telling GEJ what to do and what not to do come 2015. OBJ, had his 2 terms and even wanted a third term.
GEJ wants a second term but OBJ don't want him to achieve that....... Amaechi has his own ambitions and GEJ and his teams don't want to hear anything about it.......none of these people even care about the masses. SMH
ONLY IF MEN WERE god...

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigerians clamoured for the steering of Nigerians Politics to be taken away from the Old Generation, and GEJ has done that. It is very unbecoming for OBJ to, at his terrible old age, seek to 'anoint' someone for Nigerians. He has no place in Nigeria's future and we need new sets of leaders with new mindsets. GEJ has put structures on ground for the take-off of Nigeria and he has been within the confine of the laws. 2nd Term re-election is within the confine of all laws. GEJ has taken over PDP structures and machinery and he GEJ and few 'performing' governors will have automatic consensus PDP ticket without primaries. Full Stop!
I guess anenih is part of the new generation, do you think about your comments before posting them. Anyway na pdp wahala be that

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by SlyIg(f): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2013
Gamji007:

If GEJ had performed well,do you think he will have so many against him? Only sycophants and short sighted loyalist would support GEJ!

Well, let them all crush themselves. I believe the end is near for the enemies of Nigeria!

Take note pls, those that are against Goodluck are doing it cos they want to be in his position but not because they want to perform better than him.
If Goodluck has performed all these works upon the distractions from the boko haram and sponsors, how much more if he was working under a comfortable environ.

25 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by killuminati(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2013
darealez: As the cold war between President Goodluck Jonathan and his benefactor, former president Olusegun Obasanjo, rages, some of Obasanjo’s loyalists who are at the receiving end have chosen to quit the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). But the former president has vowed to remain in the party and fight to the finish. The relationship between the two leaders of the party has been everything but cordial despite the public show of friendship and mutual trust. Those who know better have read the handwriting on the wall, which aims at dismantling Obasanjo’s political structure for daring to ask Jonathan to quit the presidency come 2015 as he promised two years ago. Before Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State reminded President Jonathan of the one-term pact he struck with the PDP chieftains before he was endorsed for the 2011 presidential race, Obasanjo, LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt, had asked the president to suspend the second term bid. The president was said to have replied, “Sir, I have never thought of 2015.” LEADERSHIP Sunday checks revealed that Obasanjo’s loyalists recently met with him to sound him out on their intention to quit the PDP for another political party as “it is becoming evident that the party wants to adopt President Jonathan as its presidential candidate for 2015”. The former president was said to have told them they would not be intimidated out of the party. “We are going nowhere, nobody would kick us out of our party,’’ he reportedly said. “We will fight back. ” To ensure that Jonathan does not win a second term ticket, it was learnt, the former president has engaged a former ambassador from the north-east geopolitical zone as one of his foot soldiers in the north, while the governors of Niger, Jigawa, Sokoto, Bauchi and two others are working behind the scenes to actualise a northern president come 2015. Since that time, according to our checks, the president had ambushed his godfather severally, looking for ways of forcing him to endorse his candidacy. As fate would have it, the court ruling that voided the election of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as the national secretary of the party became a weapon as he was asked to go in obedience to the court verdict, and his deputy was sworn. However, President Jonathan made a u-turn on his rift with Obasanjo when he agreed to reach out to the former president at a meeting with some former national chairmen of the party led by the incumbent, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, at the presidential villa. “The party elders and the president spoke at length on the ways to resolve the crisis in the party. But one of the decisions reached was the need for Jonathan to mend fences with Obasanjo. They believed that once the two leaders are together, the tension in the party will be reduced to the barest minimum,” a PDP leader who attended the meeting said. The meeting also advised Jonathan to attend a civic reception organised in honour of Obasanjo by the south-west PDP in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on his way to Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, for an extraordinary session of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Authority of Heads of State and Government. The meeting also prevailed on him to withdraw support for Chief Tony Anenih’s bid for Board of Trustees (BoT) chairmanship. It was thought that this would persuade Obasanjo to reconcile with the president. Those that were at the reception included the former PDP national vice-chairman (south-west), Mr. Segun Oni, Oyinlola, Chief Bode George, Chief Dapo Sarumi, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Chief Bode Olajumoke, and Otunba Oyewole Fashawe. Others were Alhaji Shuaib Oyedokun, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo, Chief Yekeen Adeojo, Chief Lekan Balogun, Chief Richard Akinjide, Chief Tunji Olurin, and Chief Joju Fadairo. But the president never showed up. Instead it was Tukur that attended, saying that he represented the president. That was when Obasanjo told him that he would never stop criticising the president despite the fact that he held him in high esteem as president, a source said. However, both Jonathan and Obasanjo had a private meeting in London after the launch of Obasanjo’s foundation. LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt that Jonathan solicited Obasanjo’s support for his second term bid to enable him continue with his transformation agenda. Obasanjo reportedly told him point blank to bury the thought, noting that it would impugn on his integrity as a former military head of state and two-term civilian president.
leadership.ng/nga/articles/49641/2013/03/10/2015_i_will_fight_ back_obasanjo_tells_jonathan.html
goddamn bombaclaaats! All me see inna dis battybwoy party is criminals ah fi fighting fi di national cake... Me nuh know whem me ah fi hear good tins gwan inna di nation. Not until each and every one of us ah fi come together and a kick dem ah vampire party outta Aso Rock... From di battybwoy GEJ to the bombaclaaat OBJ dem ah wicked people weh nuh give nuh damn bout di people. The dem ah fi care about is dem informer p**sy! Rastaman don't apologise to no battywoy, me I tell dem str8 inna deh owl face mon!

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by eagleeye2: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2013
SlyIg:

Take note pls, those that are against Goodluck are doing it cos they want to be in his position but not because they want to perform better than him.
If Goodluck has performed all these works upon the distractions from the boko haram and sponsors, how much more if he was working under a comfortable environ.
I may agree with your first sentence, but the second is not a valid excuse for underachievement.
It was the same kind of excuse that the present governor of Abia State, T.A. Orji used when he had a second term ambition. His second tenure is nearing its end, yet he is still an under achiever.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2013
SlyIg:

Fact is Gej's performance is poor, I am not impressed with his administration and i am not interested in his position.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2013
[b]Those who know better have read the handwriting on the wall, which aims at dismantling Obasanjo’s political structure for daring to ask Jonathan to quit the presidency come 2015 as he promised two years ago.

LEADERSHIP Sunday checks revealed that Obasanjo’s loyalists recently met with him to sound him out on their intention to quit the PDP for another political party as “it is becoming evident that the party wants to adopt President Jonathan as its presidential candidate for 2015”. The former president was said to have told them they would not be intimidated out of the party. “We are going nowhere, nobody would kick us out of our party,’’ he reportedly said. “We will fight back.

To ensure that Jonathan does not win a second term ticket, it was learnt, the former president has engaged a former ambassador from the north-east geopolitical zone as one of his foot soldiers in the north, while the governors of Niger, Jigawa, Sokoto, Bauchi and two others are working behind the scenes to actualise a northern president come 2015. Since that time, according to our checks, the president had ambushed his godfather severally, looking for ways of forcing him to endorse his candidacy. As fate would have it, the court ruling that voided the election of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as the national secretary of the party became a weapon as he was asked to go in obedience to the court verdict, and his deputy was sworn.[/b]

Political Gossip Column. grin Please when you have an interview with someone and he says something on tape let us know. Na Wah O!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Gamji007: 10:20am On Jun 01, 2013
pro01:

Amaechi should go and "test his popularity" on the platform of another party. Inordinately aspiring to scheme his way to the PDP presidential ticket, in spite of the existence of an incumbent, is an act of insolence that deserves the harshest response from the incumbent . Democracy involves options, and thankfully, options (alternative political parties) are too numerous to mention. Let him take his ambition to another party. Why is this so hard?

Is this what you call democracy?
You just confirmed this regime to be an autoritarian regime.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2013
Is it the same Obasanjo that can not deliver his local ward to PDP?

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Acidosis(m): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2013
This old man again

He is only interested in a man to use like zombie...boy-boy president.

You need to see the way he addressed that Jigawa governor.. smh

A old man ought to show respect and if you think Obasanjo is interested in the progress of this nation, then you need serious help. He's a old man who care less about the remains..

He only need a slave president like SULE (Jiagawa governor)

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Gamji007: 10:27am On Jun 01, 2013
SlyIg:

On the contrary, if GEJ had shown a little competence and commitment towards the masses, less people will have the gots to challenge him. His unpopularity crosses from the elite to the masses, and that is pure evidence of failure.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Gbawe: 10:30am On Jun 01, 2013
Obiagelli:
I guess anenih is part of the new generation, do you think about your comments before posting them

You took the words out of my mouth !!! Bamanga Tukur, the geriatric who cannot even use certain PDP premises because he cannot climb stairs, is certainly "new generation".

To be honest, the chap you quoted personifies 100% clannish and bigoted support. The sort that not only blinds one to the wrongs of a "brother" but actually leads to inane defence of him such as claiming rancid sh1t, offensive to everyone's nostril, smells like the latest Calvin Klein aftershave.

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Is it the same Obasanjo that can not deliver his local ward to PDP?
The same gej that ran away from presidential debate, I hope he has started preparation for 2015 debate

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigerians clamoured for the steering of Nigerians Politics to be taken away from the Old Generation, and GEJ has done that. It is very unbecoming for OBJ to, at his terrible old age, seek to 'anoint' someone for Nigerians. He has no place in Nigeria's future and we need new sets of leaders with new mindsets. GEJ has put structures on ground for the take-off of Nigeria and he has been within the confine of the laws. 2nd Term re-election is within the confine of all laws. GEJ has taken over PDP structures and machinery and he GEJ and few 'performing' governors will have automatic consensus PDP ticket without primaries. Full Stop!

Thats all!

Some of these haters do not care to know what he has done in the past few years.. They only need a new looter to come loot their money.

After listening to Okonjo Iweala's report on democracy day, I vowed never to vote any other!

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2013
Obiagelli:
The same gej that ran away from presidential debate, I hope he has started preparation for 2015 debate

At least he delivered his ward, local government, state and region to the PDP. Last time I checked, OBJ was the man who ran away from a presidential debate against Olu Falae in 1999

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Gbawe: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2013
Gamji007:
On the contrary, if GEJ had shown a little competence and commitment towards the masses, less people will have the gots to challenge him. His unpopularity crosses from the elite to the masses, and that is pure evidence of failure.

100% correct and I wonder if some Nigerians ever take examples of events beyond their border before they come here talking in manners that show Nigeria raises aberrant and deluded adults. Where, in the entire world, are performing leaders despised by the most fearless, most outspoken, most respected and most upright men and women in society? Good leaders naturally get the willing support and backing of those kind of people !!! Conversely, those are the sort to speak boldy against you if you do not lead well !!!

Whether GEJ fans want to admit it or not, it speaks volumes that GEJ cannot get the support of the likes of Soyinka, Balarabe Musa, Femi Falana et al who cannot be bought and have demonstrated that they mean well for Nigeria in critical times when the mercenaries and sycophants GEJ surround himself with today all hid away. What positive things have Anenih, Tukur et al ever being a part of?

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

At least he delivered his ward, local government, state and region to the PDP. Last time I checked, OBJ was the man who ran away from a presidential debate against Olu Falae in 1999
Running away from debates sure runs in the party, we wouldn't be fooled in 2015, every candidate must articulate his programmes.
I wonder on what platform gej would be running anyway following recent developments in the pdp
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 01, 2013
Am I the only one that feels OBJ ought to be locked up in a maximum security zoo somewhere?
Why won't these vampires like OBJ and Buhari just go away and allow this country a chance
I haven't heard much from Adamu Ciroma lately,thank God
The last time we saw his picture he looked like he had already been embalmed lipsrsealed though alive lipsrsealed
These people should stop talking and step aside

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2013
Gamji007:

Is this what you call democracy?
You just confirmed this regime to be an autoritarian regime.

Keep deceiving yourself. All you two-faced overnight advocates of democracy are insufferable. Go and ask Fayemi how he is dealing with the gubernatorial aspiration of Opeyemi Bamidele in Ekiti State. Thugs are unleashed on the man whenever he sets foot in Ekiti, and his campaign posters are defaced, and his life is under serious threat. Is that what you call democracy? What happened to Femi Pedro when he expressed his ambition to succeed Tinubu in the Alausa Round House in 2007? Is that democracy?

How did Fashola emerge as ACN gubernatorial candidate in Lagos in 2007? How did Akeredolu emerge as ACN candidate in Ondo state last year? How did the CPC gubernatorial candidates in the core north emerge in 2011? What was "democratic" about these processes?

Look, you people need to stop insulting our intelligence with your needless preachments about democracy. Nigeria's democracy is still at its infancy; this is not even debatable. It is however repulsive for you opposition slaves to always suggest that Jonathan or the PDP or even the Federal government are the worst abusers of democratic principles. Take a long, hard look at the opposition, especially the rascally ACN and CPC, and you would find all the proof you need of authoritarianism.

38 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by ayox2003: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2013
When a party lacks basic rules and regulation, respect for the rule of law, and loyalty; this is what you get.

Similarities between the OBJ and GEJ of PDP:

1) OBJ never knew he would be a president. He was 'picked' from the prison and placed in the palace, unprepared. GEJ never knew he was gonna be a president. The ill-luck of others - Alams scandal and yar' adua's death - brought him to the palace, unprepared. Unprepared leaders!

2) OBJ sought three terms (nine years) but failed. GEJ sought single 7year tenure which also failed. Both are power-drunk presidents!

3) OBJ re-tuned PDP to his taste, expelling staunch members like Audu Ogbeh, Tom Ikimi et al. GEJ is doing the same at the moment. Although we haven't heard of anyone but Amaechi at the moment. Dictatorship at its best!

4) OBJ disgraced his benefactors. He killed Atiku's dream, slaughtered Uzor Kalu and others on the altar of his ambition. GEJ is now at war with the same OBJ who stood by him even when the Northern PDP memeber where entitled to the position by the virtue of zoning. Ungrateful presidents!

5) OBJ used EFCC against his enemies, what is GEJ doing now? Same. Crude leaders of the same party!

The only pride PDP has is that she's the largest party in Africa. 14years on, and there hasn't been any REAL development. God knows the billions of dollars they have pocketed in the name of "providing" electricity! Its time for their tenure to end. Little wonder Achebe never stooped so low to receive any award from them - rest his soul.

Frawzey

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by touch4mony: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
qualified: What does he have against GEJ?
nvr mind them when obj can not even win his ward for pdp in the last election that saw acn take over from pdp in that state if his political nxt work was dat strong his faction would hv won but Gbenga candidate won his own candidate.I wonder who made him God over Nigeria.u forced lamido on jigawa ppl what has he do that u still want force him on Nigeria mr forcer man or is je coming to complete ur 3rd term bid old man.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 Grants To Artisans / Halti Ali-Modu Sheriff's 52nd Birthday Celebration With Her Hubby And Children / Amosun Reads News With Kemi Ewedairo Yusuph, Sings Out As Governor Of Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.