Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 (39974 Views)

Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Segema: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
pro01: Isn't it ironic that this same man who was desperately and unconstitutionally seeking a third (and perhaps life) tenure in office now has the effrontery to ask another president not to seek a CONSTITUTIONAL second term?

Yeah the President has the constitutional right to seek for 2nd tern, does OBJ too not enjoy the constitutional right to choose/support/vote for whoever pleases him. Sincerely I think it's just that OBJ is not pleased like many Nigerians, with the performance of GEJ.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by deletrue: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
Gamji007:

Is this what you call democracy?
You just confirmed this regime to be an autoritarian regime.
let us some times be objective. Can you mention any political party where a governor is allowed to contest along side with the incumbent and you expect the incumbent to fold his hands and allow that because it is democracy.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Segema: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Sealeddeal: Whoever wins PDP presidential primary wins the presidential election. GEJ,being in total control of PDP machinery,need not entertain any fear as he will effortlessly defeat any candidate that will stand against him in 2015 PDP presidential primary election. Therefore,OBJ's plan to fight back is a mere boast that will never materialise into a noticeable struggle to scuttle GEJ's 2nd term bid.

If you have forgotten so soon how the election of the speaker of House of Reps was won and lost am sure the election of NGF is still fresh. And I bet what is happening to NGF can't happen to our beloved Country because Nigeria is bigger any person and belongs to us all.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Sealeddeal(m): 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
simpleseyi:

The same way GEJ stooge Jonah Jang won NGF chairmanship? the result of the NGF is the result of 2015 primary that we are awaiting.
when it comes to PDP presidential election,only PDP delegates from the 36 states+FCT will be allowed to vote and not including members of oppositions as you noticed in NGF election.Remember,only 2 Govs from opposition voted for Jonah Jang while the rest are PDP govs.What you noticed in NGF election was the coming together of opposition govs + few PDP govs to give vote to Amaechi and as you are aware,its still controversial. So,PDP primary election will never go in that way as its only PDP delegates that will be allowed to vote.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Segema: 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
pro01:

Amaechi should go and "test his popularity" on the platform of another party. Inordinately aspiring to scheme his way to the PDP presidential ticket, in spite of the existence of an incumbent, is an act of insolence that deserves the harshest response from the incumbent. Democracy involves options, and thankfully, options (alternative political parties) are too numerous to mention. Let him take his ambition to another party. Why is this so hard?

What is good for the goose...since GEJ has performed wonders all over the country what better way to test his popularity on anther platform, Tinubu tried it with ACN from AD, we all know the result, ACN won back the states AD lost so...
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by ddeola: 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Things are falling apart in fee-dee-fee
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Segema: 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigerians clamoured for the steering of Nigerians Politics to be taken away from the Old Generation, and GEJ has done that. It is very unbecoming for OBJ to, at his terrible old age, seek to 'anoint' someone for Nigerians. He has no place in Nigeria's future and we need new sets of leaders with new mindsets. GEJ has put structures on ground for the take-off of Nigeria and he has been within the confine of the laws. 2nd Term re-election is within the confine of all laws. GEJ has taken over PDP structures and machinery and he GEJ and few 'performing' governors will have automatic consensus PDP ticket without primaries. Full Stop!

I wonder who the performing governors are. And the new generation, does it include Anenin and Jang ?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Beync(f): 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
OBJ that wanted to go for 3rd tenure even with all his embezzlement shocked
BTw, OBJ is the name of a god, godfather or monkey?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Soso990240(m): 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
Obiagelli:
The same gej that ran away from presidential debate, I hope he has started preparation for 2015 debate
which Gej ran away? Nawaoh.dnt tel me u reside in a forest.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nonsense, GEJ has never declared or said anything about 2015 and the corrupt cabals have started having sleepless night.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Segema: 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
Acidosis:

Thats all!

Some of these haters do not care to know what he has done in the past few years.. They only need a new looter to come loot their money.

After listening to Okonjo Iweala's report on democracy day, I vowed never to vote any other!

Why do you have to listen to anybody, except of course if you don't stay in Nigeria. Please go on th streets, see federal roads, schools, hospital, go to the market see for yourself. Talk to your friends, family and neighbour how they faring now.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Reyspin(m): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
Obasanjo doesn't want anybody to break his longest serving President of Nigeria record... What Jonathan needs now his for his work to talk for him not some 200page trash he and his not so clever Okonjo wahala compile to Bamboos their like minds... We need results dat will a. affect d common man on the streets of areas he cramed and recited during his campaign...
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by camelus: 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
pro01:

Amaechi should go and "test his popularity" on the platform of another party. Inordinately aspiring to scheme his way to the PDP presidential ticket, in spite of the existence of an incumbent, is an act of insolence that deserves the harshest response from the incumbent. Democracy involves options, and thankfully, options (alternative political parties) are too numerous to mention. Let him take his ambition to another party. Why is this so hard?
I don't know y Masses are being deluded by the North,So they covertly forced GEJ to sign One term Pact & who knows whether its under duress cos this is purely undemocratic but now they come overtly telling us this. Please they should go secretly & sort it out again cos the last time i checked GEJ has constitutional right to contest 2015.
One thing is for sure GEJ has deepened Democracy in Nigeria and will lead us to the Promise Land. Despite the conspiracy of those who had made the Country Ungovernable he has arguably done well in all Spheres of the Economy.
GEJ should not allow North who has held Power for more than 38yrs without nothing to show for it to take it back.
Only time will tell, GEJ till 2019 !
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by sage2(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
For how long will Nigerians continue continue to depend on this man for their President?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Segema: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
pro01:

Keep deceiving yourself. All you two-faced overnight advocates of democracy are insufferable. Go and ask Fayemi how he is dealing with the gubernatorial aspiration of Opeyemi Bamidele in Ekiti State. Thugs are unleashed on the man whenever he sets foot in Ekiti, and his campaign posters are defaced, and his life is under serious threat. Is that what you call democracy? What happened to Femi Pedro when he expressed his ambition to succeed Tinubu in the Alausa Round House in 2007? Is that democracy?

How did Fashola emerge as ACN gubernatorial candidate in Lagos in 2007? How did Akeredolu emerge as ACN candidate in Ondo state last year? How did the CPC gubernatorial candidates in the core north emerge in 2011? What was "democratic" about these processes?

Look, you people need to stop insulting our intelligence with your needless preachments about democracy. Nigeria's democracy is still at its infancy; this is not even debatable. It is however repulsive for you opposition slaves to always suggest that Jonathan or the PDP or even the Federal government are the worst abusers of democratic principles. Take a long, hard look at the opposition, especially the rascally ACN and CPC, and you would find all the proof you need of authoritarianism.

You thrive on beer parlour rumours. There is nothing undemocratic in picking candidates through consensus. And it was not ACN or CPC that was described as den of killers

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by soderican(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
Itta certain mwan
killuminati: goddamn bombaclaaats! All me see inna dis battybwoy party is criminals ah fi fighting fi di national cake... Me nuh know whem me ah fi hear good tins gwan inna di nation. Not until each and every one of us ah fi come together and a kick dem ah vampire party outta Aso Rock... From di battybwoy GEJ to the bombaclaaat OBJ dem ah wicked people weh nuh give nuh damn bout di people. The dem ah fi care about is dem informer p**sy! Rastaman don't apologise to no battywoy, me I tell dem str8 inna deh owl face mon!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigerians clamoured for the steering of Nigerians Politics to be taken away from the Old Generation, and GEJ has done that. It is very unbecoming for OBJ to, at his terrible old age, seek to 'anoint' someone for Nigerians. He has no place in Nigeria's future and we need new sets of leaders with new mindsets. GEJ has put structures on ground for the take-off of Nigeria and he has been within the confine of the laws. 2nd Term re-election is within the confine of all laws. GEJ has taken over PDP structures and machinery and he GEJ and few 'performing' governors will have automatic consensus PDP ticket without primaries. Full Stop!
he has indeed laid a new platform for which Nigerian will be govern by appointing militants, and pardoning ex-convincts so that they can continue in politics!
He sure sees to it that graduates dnt even get paid by half of what his militants are collecting!

He was so visionary a leader that he employs sycophants to attack anyone against him with media wars. He got lapdogs like u a job where u can sing praises of a dead-head leader as him!

Infact, he is indeed laiyin a new thrend to govern!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by xxxbash: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
Sealeddeal: Whoever wins PDP presidential primary wins the presidential election. GEJ,being in total control of PDP machinery,need not entertain any fear as he will effortlessly defeat any candidate that will stand against him in 2015 PDP presidential primary election. Therefore,OBJ's plan to fight back is a mere boast that will never materialise into a noticeable struggle to scuttle GEJ's 2nd term bid.

That is if GEJ wins the primaries!!! That is why the Aso Rock master is very afraid. He is not sure of wqht could happened.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by point5: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
I seriously smel d return of power 2 military very soon
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Solowande(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
qualified: What does he have against GEJ?
Why is most of them clamouring for a Northen candidate? I didnt read they wan him out cos of non-performance but they need a Northern candidate. SE and SS cant stay for complete 2 terms? Seriously, i am sick wit all these regional politics.
Dont worry sir, god-fathers dont make kings any more but GOD the Father does!
who told u dat godfathers don't mak kings?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by onome25(m): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
qualified: What does he have against GEJ?
Why is most of them clamouring for a Northen candidate? I didnt read they wan him out cos of non-performance but they need a Northern candidate. SE and SS cant stay for complete 2 terms? Seriously, i am sick wit all these regional politics.
Dont worry sir, god-fathers dont make kings any more but GOD the Father does!
I BELIEVE IN UR WRITE UP!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Solowande(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
i thought he promise nigerians to rule for just one term, why can't he keep to his promise, wat is he coming to do again? nawa 4 black man with power
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by otokx(m): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
Did he really say that?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Talentscout: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
darealez:

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/49641/2013/03/10/2015_i_will_fight_back_obasanjo_tells_jonathan.html
I knew this was going to happen. I had waited for this out-bust to ensue for over 1yr now. Jonathan should had taken cognizance of every bit of this out-bust. Maybe the motive behind GEJ action is because he don't want to abdicate the Office. Goodluck
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by searay(m): 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
killuminati: goddamn bombaclaaats! All me see inna dis battybwoy party is criminals ah fi fighting fi di national cake... Me nuh know whem me ah fi hear good tins gwan inna di nation. Not until each and every one of us ah fi come together and a kick dem ah vampire party outta Aso Rock... From di battybwoy GEJ to the bombaclaaat OBJ dem ah wicked people weh nuh give nuh damn bout di people. The dem ah fi care about is dem informer p**sy! Rastaman don't apologise to no battywoy, me I tell dem str8 inna deh owl face mon!
This weed is powerful
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by collynzo2(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
What is he still doing alive? I hope he dies before then.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by xxxbash: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
sage_: For how long will Nigerians continue continue to depend on this man for their President?
He Obasanjo can continue as long as God want him to be at the fore of presidential nominee. The thing we should know is that God gives POWER to whoever he want.it is now left for the so called Governor/ President etc to do the right thing b4 men and God. And, that is when they get good use of the opportunity given to them.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by onaaba: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
ayox2003: When a party lacks basic rules and regulation, respect for the rule of law, and loyalty; this is what you get.

Similarities between the OBJ and GEJ of PDP:

1) OBJ never knew he would be a president. He was 'picked' from the prison and placed in the palace, unprepared. GEJ never knew he was gonna be a president. The ill-luck of others - Alams scandal and yar' adua's death - brought him to the palace, unprepared. Unprepared leaders!

2) OBJ sought three terms (nine years) but failed. GEJ sought single 7year tenure which also failed. Both are power-drunk presidents!

3) OBJ re-tuned PDP to his taste, expelling staunch members like Audu Ogbeh, Tom Ikimi et al. GEJ is doing the same at the moment. Although we haven't heard of anyone but Amaechi at the moment. Dictatorship at its best!

4) OBJ disgraced his benefactors. He killed Atiku's dream, slaughtered Uzor Kalu and others on the altar of his ambition. GEJ is now at war with the same OBJ who stood by him even when the Northern PDP memeber where entitled to the position by the virtue of zoning. Ungrateful presidents!

5) OBJ used EFCC against his enemies, what is GEJ doing now? Same. Crude leaders of the same party!

The only pride PDP has is that she's the largest party in Africa. 14years on, and there hasn't been any REAL development. God knows the billions of dollars they have pocketed in the name of "providing" electricity! Its time for their tenure to end. Little wonder Achebe never stooped so low to receive any award from them - rest his soul.

Frawzey

True talk my brother
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Like OBj like Retardeen.

Cut from the same fabric
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by Orikinla(m): 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
Gamji007:

If GEJ had performed well,do you think he will have so many against him? Only sycophants and short sighted loyalist would support GEJ!

Well, let them all crush themselves. I believe the end is near for the enemies of Nigeria!
Well said.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by max1113(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ñ
superior1: Owun agba fiju omode lo, abe ewe lowa.

If a clueless kid is playing smart, the knowledgeable adult leaves him to his folly.
It unfortunate coz de adage is made 4old fools like obasajo who wanted a third bid bt cud get it. Unfonately he did not wan his successor 2 go anoda roud ogun punish $ he people. Mctheeeew
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan - I Will Fight Back In 2015 by killuminati(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
searay: This weed is powerful
yah man! High-grade me a crush out inna hand...me nuh wan see nuh man ah par wid forty man! Gyal inna di club me ah dem party pan cos me ah di world boss di party dan.

Albeit, sincerely, mi ah fi real bout dis bombaclaaat-informer-p'u'ssies man....dem ah keep looting inna di treasury and man ah run di area like A mad man looking for some petty job.

We ah fi need to make sure seh dis bad people weh ah fi ruining di system ah fi kicked out...ya hear mi? Selasie ah fi burn dem!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Out To Truncate Democracy - Governor Ganduje / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 Grants To Artisans / Halti Ali-Modu Sheriff's 52nd Birthday Celebration With Her Hubby And Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.