Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success (7477 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / I'll Stop My Husband From Becoming President Again - Patience Jonathan / Dictators' Wives: A Look At Women Behind Dictators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by bcomputer101: 7:29am On Jun 01, 2013
Wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, on Friday attributed the success recorded by her husband in the various sectors in the first half of his four-year tenure to the outstanding performance of the women in his cabinet.

Mrs. Jonathan made the observation in a short remark she made at a dinner she organised for women at the Presidential Villa, Abuja in commemoration of this year’s Democracy Day.

“Two days ago, the President read his mid-term report to Nigerians. He and his team have done very well. Women are the powerful people in that cabinet,” she said.

Mrs. Jonathan singled out the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for her efforts to reposition the nation’s economy and the Minister of Aviation, Mrs. Stella Odua, for giving a facelift to the nation’s airports.

She said female appointees in the present administration have done the womenfolk proud with their brilliant performances.

She said the womenfolk should be held responsible for the success or otherwise of the present administration since women are well represented in the government

She thanked the President for giving the women the opportunity to prove themselves.

“We thank God for Mr. President for giving women a chance. Since independence, this is the first time women can walk tall and talk where men are talking. So, we thank this administration. We will continue to support this administration and make it succeed,” she said.

On the security challenges being witnessed in parts of the country, Mrs. Jonathan urged women to take the front seat in changing the situation.

She said, “On the issue of security, women are more involved. Soldiers are our children, Boko Haram members are our children, militants are our children.

“It is high time we talked to our children at home to shun evil behaviours and make sure we desist from anything that can bring the country down. We should be proud of our country.

“We should preach peace and be peaceful in our homes, local governments, states and the country. Our watchword should be peace. We should move from door-to-door to preach peace.

“Without peace, there will be no development and we need development. Women are saying enough is enough. We don’t want our children to die again.”

Among dignitaries that attended the dinner were a former First Lady, Hajia Ajoke Murtala Muhammed; wife of the governor of Anambra State, Mrs. Margret Obi; Majority Leader, House of Representatives, Mrs. Mulikat Adeola-Akande; wife of the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mrs. Fatima Tukur; PDP’s National Women Leader, Mrs. Kema Chikwe; business tycoon, Hajia Bola Shagaya; Mrs. Stella Okoli; female members of the Federal Executive Council, female presidential aides, female lawmakers, wives of service chiefs and representatives of different women groups, among others.

http://www.punchng.com/news/women-behind-my-husbands-success-patience-jonathan/
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by jmoore(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2013
Why only Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mrs. Stella Odua?
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by alphaconde(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2013
Mumu talk.

If u think the position of the first lafy should be banned, please do something.

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by gen2briz(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2013
whatever
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by theripper3: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2013
I "disconcur".
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by valdubem(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2013
Inԁееԁ
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by RickyRoss1(m): 10:40am On Jun 01, 2013
Truth be told, Mrs. Stella Odua is currently the best performing minister in GEJ Cabinet.
NOI is doing very well as well. The guy incharge of agric is not doing badly.

1 Like

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Tolexander: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2013
She is right cos as a woman, she masterminded Amechi's suspension from the PDP!

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2013
As long as you are still in power, even the Dogs in Aso Rock would be considered and given the ultimate respect..

Just a matter of time

1 Like

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Temismith(f): 10:41am On Jun 01, 2013
Hheheheheehehheheeeeeee!!! I laf in Arabic.
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Kewt: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2013
hmmm. I see!
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Fadelex(m): 10:42am On Jun 01, 2013
so n.a. women make her husband's administration retarded....and btw, who edited d original statement made by her excellency

1 Like

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by takedat(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2013
Diezani and the other oga's mistresses! grin
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Gamji007: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2013
jmoore: Why only Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mrs. Stella Odua?

I think she forgot her rival, the assistant first lady, Allison Madueka AKA Madam Petroleum.

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by angelTI(f): 10:47am On Jun 01, 2013
mtschewww
Dis woman is a joke!
Her husband is also a joke!
Infact, this country is a HUGE joke!!

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by luvinhubby(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2013
She stated an obvious fact, this world & Nigeria will be a better place if women are allowed into more prominent roles of influence & governance.

1 Like

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Zinosalexander(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2013
angel TI: mtschewww
Dis woman is a joke!
Her husband is also a joke!
Infact, this country is a HUGE joke!!

And it is as funny as hell
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2013
Stella Odua is doing well with the aviation sector.
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Kslib(m): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2013
Abeg which success this woman dey talk about?
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Kollywolly12(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2013
grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by luvinhubby(m): 10:53am On Jun 01, 2013
Gamji007:

I think she forgot her rival, the assistant first lady, Allison Madueka AKA Madam Petroleum.

If you have any fact to prove your above statement present it, if not, please stop tarnishing another man's wife image, no man likes it, your own self inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by CrimzP(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2013
Let the truth be told the ministers of Aviation and finance are serving this country to the best of their ability. The airport has really improved and our economy is growing. It will take a little time for it to be felt by ordinary Nigerians, that is why I'm not ready to criticise yet because its just two years. Rome was not built in a day you know. We are not were we want to be yet, but we are sure we aren't were we were some years back.
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by ogb5(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2013
Fadelex: so n.a. women make her husband's administration retarded....and btw, who edited d original statement made by her excellency

No one edited it. It was a short statement carefully crated, recited and memorised over a long time.
My first lady is improving.

At the end of 4 yrs she just might be able to make longer statements. Now clap for her

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by aglomar: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2013
Umblella has come again!
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by dridowu: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Mama ni yen........................with her sweet mouth but we 9ja pple no as d tin dy go
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Goddex: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2013
Really, the performance of Okonjo Iweala, Stella Odua and Allison Madueke is worthy of commendation. In addition to the PIB, I don't know the magic Madueke did but Nigerians are almost forgetting anything like fuel scarcity exists. Driving into a service station for fuel could not be more pleasurable than it has been in her tenure. Something past petroleum ministers struggled with for about 25yrs.

The Prof in charge of Power ministry should copy from her by taking aggressive measures to stabilize the power situation and he will be a hero. He received lots of hype from his former students at UNN and should not let them down. Nigerians are running out of patience and cannot wait for the day they will start taking electricity for granted.

1 Like

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Arrosoft: 11:19am On Jun 01, 2013
BOKO HARAM MEMBERS ARE OUR CHILDREN?? JUST PASSING

1 Like

Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by SlyIg(f): 11:22am On Jun 01, 2013
But these women have existed in govt even before this present administration.
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2013
That makes oga jonah a woman's man.
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by wasiudvd(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2013
Success? Ok I don hear.
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by Efikman(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2013
O.K. next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success by taharqa2: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2013
That GEJ has fulfilld his promise of giving about 35% positions to women and hv giving women issues much more prominence (mainstreaming Women issues in Govt policies for d 1st time, ordering the intake of 1st Combatant females in d Army and Airports, significantly reducing Maternal and Child mortality, YOUWin solely dedicatd to women, etc) as well as placing women in very powerful positions in Govt (as Ministers of Finance, Defence, Petroleum, Aviation, SEC DG, CJN, etc) than any President in Naija's history, is restating d obvious. And it is also great that MOST of these women are doing very well in these positions....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alleged N600m Fraud Trial: Lagos Speaker, Ikuforiji, Knows Fate July 11 / A Warning To Niger Delta People, The Amaechi Treatment. / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.