Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

What Business To Do In Porthacourt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business To Do In Porthacourt (2447 Views)

Any Fiverr /virtual Football League Experts In Porthacourt / What Business Can I Invest 100,000 Naira / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business To Do In Porthacourt by ROSSYZ(f): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2013
Hi everyone...my name is Rosalind, this is my first post on Nairaland pls I need some good advice from u my friends. I have been in the North all my life and will be relocating back to the South(port Harcourt) by november this year...I ve got less than 6 months to move and I don't want to become a liability to anyone when I get there. My question is what business do I go into cos I can't even think straight anymore cos I am running out of time. I have thought of running a boutique, saloon, going into franchising with RTC but I am so scared of being duped, I have also thought of buying onions and beans in large quantity to supply but then I really do not knw how to go about it. Pls I need a good advice from pple resident in port Harcourt. Thanks
Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by zogo(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2013
do you have a certificate? or do you have capital to startup a business? Or better still, do yu have any useful skill or expertise that you can be sought for? I think if you can provide answers to those questions, then you hv a road map
Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by ROSSYZ(f): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2013
I am a graduate of Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto. The problem is I a m working right now and will have to leave my job. The thought of relocating to Port Harcourt scares me a lot because I don't knw what I will be doing when I get there. I have a BA in English Literature...I have some money saved also to start up something but I don't want to make a mistake
Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by steve10(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2013
My sister, why are you leaving the north?
Just make sure it the right decision, in life their is a place meant for every body, make sure it is the will of God for u if not you are heading for a crash, I know north is not peace full now but make sure you decision is divine. As for the business to do
I know of a woman in port that bring crayfish to zaria and when she is going back she look for things that is cheap in zaria that is very expensive in port like onion, tomato etc
Finally I will advice you see a pastor for divine direction, don't take decision you will later regret.

1 Like

Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by Originalsly: 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
Like Steve basically said....survey the market first....try to fulfill a need.Instead of busting your brain...do some footwork where you are now...browse(and I don't mean on the internet)... see what they have in abundance ...find out prices...sources... make reference notes. When you visit PH...do same thing...browse...quote prices.You will surely find a few items to make business both ways...like Steve said of the crayfish lady.

1 Like

Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
Relocating to a new city has nothin bad in it,people like you are in Port Harcourt. The money you said you have saved may not amount much, when you find your feet on the ground.
If you are relocating to PH, you first determine where you will live, that will dertermine the rent you will pay.
For example where I live,in Elijiji adjoint surbub with rumuibekwe,rumuogba a decent one room if you will find, I mean decent room goes btw #6k-7.5k per month, 1room self contain goes for #200,000-250000,1bedroom flat goes for #350,000. though rent differ slightly in other areas
Port Harcourt though a metropolitan city has the highest unemployement figure, people live in squalor called batcher, even some not fit for dogs.
Its a city where money flows if you find youself in the lane, if you can supply foodstuffs at a very good competitive price to hotels and fastfood firms, you can make a decent living.With your certificate you can get a job in a decent private school as a teacher salary varies frm #40,000-60000
You have no need to fear come over and have a change of scene.Caution if you are a single lady, sweetest mouthed men, looking too busy but doing nothing, may have you for dinner
Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by ROSSYZ(f): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2013
Thanks Steve for ur advice. @Indigene I appreciate...but do u mean its hard getting a job over there? Like getting a job as a receptionist in any organisation or hotel atleast, to start with cos I heard there are over 200 hotels in Port. I will be spending my 21 days annual leave with my uncle and his family at Port Harcourt by June I intend using the opportunity to drop my cvs with some hotels around and may be hopefully I could get a call for interview from any one of them before november
Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
@rossyz,over 200 hotels in Port Harcourt has'nt been operating without receptionists, or firms alike, for example you don't expect that I remove my sister inlaw's daughter and cousin who re my firm receptionist, because somebody from the blue, came knocking for job in that respect, does it?
Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by doczero: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
Rossyz, you are welcome to the forum. It is good for you to start thinking about coming back to the south.

Why don't you acquire some training on internet marketing and online business. Start by
reading Success Digest newspaper. It comes out on Mondays.

With your degree in English Literature, I think article writing will be a huge area for you
to make enormous money. You may not even need to work for anybody. Blogging is another area
you may excel just like Linda Ikeji.

For more information on internet marketing and online business, feel free to get in touch

I will upload a FREE ebook on article writing for you and any member of the forum who may be interested.

Re: What Business To Do In Porthacourt by iniobong888(m): 9:15am On Jun 03, 2013
op, i have a business idea that can make u gainfully employed while using your experience in sokoto. please give me a call(07034706326)

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi Stephen Olu Is A Scam On OLX / Company Registration In GHANA / Loans Without Collateral In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.