Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi (34866 Views)

***Grimaldi, AES Or Hoegh: Which Is Faster? Which Is Safer?*** / Acl/grimaldi Schedules / Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by nairaspace: 6:11am On Sep 19, 2013
I did not see his reply on that. Thanks.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 8:05am On Sep 19, 2013
nairaspace: Do i send the original title with the trucking company delivering at the port?

The original title must be delivered along with the vehicle at the port. Hence, the trucker must be in possession of it for the vehicle to be accepted. For easier and fast shipping, send it to Galveston, Texas.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
nairaspace: I did not see his reply on that. Thanks.

Leave me the zip code of where the truck is and lemme talk to an agent to see what is best for you . . . .
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by nairaspace: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
bellong:

The original title must be delivered along with the vehicle at the port. Hence, the trucker must be in possession of it for the vehicle to be accepted. For easier and fast shipping, send it to Galveston, Texas.

Thanks bellong...that was the message i needed. Trucking done already!! Thanks!
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 23, 2013
Is it possible for grilmadi pple to be stealing vehicle items? or is it clearing agents handiwork? missing ac knobs,fogs lights
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by femmy2010(m): 5:58am On Sep 23, 2013
malmo: Is it possible for grilmadi pple to be stealing vehicle items? or is it clearing agents handiwork? missing ac knobs,fogs lights

It could be the work of dock workers and this pilfering can be done at the point of discharge from the ship or the handiwork of a greedy clearing agent(agent rarely does this though).
Best to just count your loss and move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2013
malmo: Is it possible for grilmadi pple to be stealing vehicle items? or is it clearing agents handiwork? missing ac knobs,fogs lights

Thought they said Grilmadi is safe?
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by femmy2010(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
bellong:

Thought they said Grilmadi is safe?

Frankly,Grimaldi is.
They have what i would term the safest terminal in Nigeria.
His is certainly an isolated case.

1 Like

Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by tzars(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
please can anyone give me d nearest date for grimaldi vessel that is coming into Lagos?
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
tzars: please can anyone give me d nearest date for grimaldi vessel that is coming into Lagos?

The next sailing vessel is fully booked. This is the information I got from my freight forwarder. You will probably have to wait till end of October or November.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by tzars(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
bellong:

The next sailing vessel is fully booked. This is the information I got from my freight forwarder. You will probably have to wait till end of October or November.
my dealer is saying I should expect my car by 8th-10th of dis October. that's why I wanted to check out his claim. thanks anyway
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
tzars:
my dealer is saying I should expect my car by 8th-10th of dis October. that's why I wanted to check out his claim. thanks anyway

In that case, the vessel carrying it must have sailed. It is not a new booking.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by tzars(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
bellong:

In that case, the vessel carrying it must have sailed. It is not a new booking.
Quite likely. So are we expecting any vessel within those days?
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
tzars:
Quite likely. So are we expecting any vessel within those days?

Grand Gabon 0713 is expected to arrive on 6th (+ 2-3days addition).
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by tzars(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
bellong:

Grand Gabon 0713 is expected to arrive on 6th (+ 2-3days addition).
Ok and thanks. Let me see if d car is on it. Will post again after dat date.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2013
Pls help me with the schedule of grimaldi. I want to know the vessel leaving NJ between 23-25/10/2013. Also, how do I track? Thanks
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 10:38am On Oct 21, 2013
Peacefullife: Pls help me with the schedule of grimaldi. I want to know the vessel leaving NJ between 23-25/10/2013. Also, how do I track? Thanks

Grande Gabon GGA 0813 ETD from Bayonne Port, NJ is 31st October. The same vessel loads from Jacksonville, Savannah and Baltimore on 24, 25 and 27 respectively. You can get to follow and possibly track on their site.

http://www.aclcargo.com/vesselSchedules.php
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Thanks a million. So the two weeks journey period to Lagos will be from Nov 1, right?
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by bellong: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
Peacefullife: Thanks a million. So the two weeks journey period to Lagos will be from Nov 1, right?

Yes if they finish loading by then.

1 Like

Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by wellheads(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
@be long: u r d man. The process requires a whole lot of patience.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
wellheads: @be long: u r d man. The process requires a whole lot of patience.

You have summarized it in one word . . . Patience, no wonder they said it is a virtue
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by wellheads(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
@bellong and gurus in the house:
Can you please confirm the current location of grande Gabon to me? If it left US on Nov 1 as scheduled, this should be the second week. So, should I not have received the B/L by now?
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by femmy2010(m): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Peacefullife: @bellong and gurus in the house:
Can you please confirm the current location of grande Gabon to me? If it left US on Nov 1 as scheduled, this should be the second week. So, should I not have received the B/L by now?
The vessel's ETA in Lagos is 15th NOV,if you haven't gotten your BOL theb contact your shipper to have it mailed asap.
Thanks
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks oga femmy2010. I will do just that.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by femmy2010(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2013
Peacefullife: Thanks oga femmy2010. I will do just that.

U welcome
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Peacefullife: Thanks oga femmy2010. I will do just that.

I will advice you do a Telex release for such unit . . . . NDLEA are now crazy with almost any package coming into Nigeria.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Bros Fhemmmy: Pls what do you mean by telex release? Is it a form of fax or email? Can it also be used for clearing purposes? Pls educate me on this.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Fhemmmy: 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Peacefullife: Bros Fhemmmy: Pls what do you mean by telex release? Is it a form of fax or email? Can it also be used for clearing purposes? Pls educate me on this.

Tell your shipping agent that you would rather prefer a Telex release at this point . . . It is just an e-mail that ordered the unit to be released without the paper original BOL . . . It cost extra money to secure, but it is easier for you to deal with, cos once you have it, you just email it to your agent.
Last time i sent a BOL paper to Nigeria , NDLEA intercepts it and they requested me to send dumb info from Canada to them, which i did but took few days before i was able to get the paper back from them and remember anyone with the BOL could clear your ride and besides, time is not really on your side on this unit.
Good luck
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
My boss Fhemmmy: Plenty gbosas for you.

U r 3 much.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Fhemmmy: 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Peacefullife: My boss Fhemmmy: Plenty gbosas for you.

U r 3 much.

Thanks.

Make we give thanks to God oh . . . But you will have to hurry and talk to the shipping coy . . . Once payment is made, you could get it same day or following day and it will be an e-mail to you and most shipping comapny will attach the electronic original BOL to that mail.
Re: Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi by Peacefullife: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
All right sir.

Once again, Thank God. Also, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Dangote Commences Pre-testing Of $2bn Fertilizer Plant Ahead Of Inauguration / Femi Otedola To Sell His Forte Oil Shares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.