Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... (2648 Views)

A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
1. God?
2. Jesus?
3. Angels?
4. Saints?

Do you tell your black children they look like angels? With white wings or black wings?

How many black people have led your church? I don't mean the building in your village. I mean the head of your church in the world.

How many black saints or angels do you know? Which founders of your church are black? Are any of the books or doctrines of your religion written by blacks?

6 Likes

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by manmustwac(m): 11:09am On Jun 02, 2013
Visit their houses & its a white picture of Jesus you see hanging on their walls. Likewisewhen they close their eyes & pray its a white image of their saviour. That they see
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by tuagbo: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is the type of thread from the religion section that should make the frontpage.Unfortunately,all i ever see are Mickey Mouse threads like "Is using MTN cheat browse a sin?" or "god footstep found in SA."It seems the moderators in this section possess the intellectual thinking abilities of mentally unstable three year olds.Absolute nonsense!!!"Give a Nigerian little power and he/she will turn into a little Adolf Hitler dictator."

2 Likes

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by okeyxyz(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
@IWasBornAnAtheist(Alfa_Seltzer)

What racial image do you see when you look at richard dawkins??
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
tuagbo: This is the type of thread from the religion section that should make the frontpage.Unfortunately,all i ever see are Mickey Mouse threads like "Is using MTN cheat browse a sin?" or "god footstep found in SA."It seems the moderators in this section possess the intellectual thinking abilities of mentally unstable three year olds.Absolute nonsense!!!"Give a Nigerian little power and he/she will turn into a little Adolf Hitler dictator."

Front page please....Tuagbe, I salute!
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2013
It must be shame that is preventing black christians from commenting on this thread. But I wonder what they are ashamed of. Their race or that of their god?
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2013
Front Page Please!
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Rossikk(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: It must be shame that is preventing black christians from commenting on this thread. But I wonder what they are ashamed of. Their race or that of their god?
It is the shame that they see a white person when they imagine God and angels that is bothering them. That is why they cannot comment.

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:03am On Jun 03, 2013
Black christians, think and be truthful to yourself on this question: What race do you see when you imagine Satan?
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2013
IMAGES I SEE ARE NOT RELEVANT. WHAT IMAGES ARE IN THE BIBLE ? SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT LEAN INTO THY OWN UNDERSTANDING. WITH THAT BEING SAID THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SHOWS ME

GOD - BLACK MAN
JESUS - BLACK MAN
JEWS - BLACK MEN
ANGELS - BOTH BLACK AND WHITE. ANGEL ONLY MEANS MESSENGER SO THERE ARE WHITE ANGELS OF DEATH TOO. HOWEVER THE MAIN ANGELS AND SAINTS ( THE ELECT, 144,000 ) ARE BLACK
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Like if you see this..

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Like if you see this..

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
musKeeto: Like Lie if you see this..

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by plaetton: 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
You know I have said it several times, if Jesus was to make the error and come back in black skin, wearing Agbada, Okpu Agu or any traditional attire, Nigerian christians will lynch him before his holy feet even touches the ground.

He must have blond hair, blue eyes, and must wear silk white attire.

4 Likes

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by peteregwu(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
WHAT IS THE BLACK AND WHITE THING ALL ABOUT. When it comes to Christianity, God does not have anything to do with color. Whwhatever your your colour is nothing before God. What God wants and His will is for all to draw to Him through His son Jesus and become saved.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by peteregwu(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
Do I guys worship Satan or what?
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by mazaje(m): 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
Black Jesus. . . .
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by FromGuiriga(m): 3:39am On Jun 04, 2013
peteregwu: WHAT IS THE BLACK AND WHITE THING ALL ABOUT. When it comes to Christianity, God does not have anything to do with color. Whwhatever your your colour is nothing before God. What God wants and His will is for all to draw to Him through His son Jesus and become saved.

What God are you talking about?
Yahweh did not want his people to marry outside. In fact he commanded them not to do that. As a matter of fact, some of his people left their wives and children.
Did Jesus come to teach something other that what Yahweh commanded?
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by peteregwu(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
From_Guiriga:

What God are yo u talking about?
Yahweh did not want his people to marry outside. In fact he commanded them not to do that. As a matter of fact, some of his people left their wives and children.
Did Jesus come to teach something other that what Yahweh commanded?

Well firstly the God I know is Jesus nd nothing more. Jesus is my God. Jesus is not an image, status, or mary. He is God and we believe Him by faith. ncerning marriage, and what Jesus said about it is that it is between a man and a woman. And they have to stick together till death do them part.

Matthew 19:4-6, 9 KJV
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, [5] And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? [6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. [9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by FromGuiriga(m): 1:10am On Jun 05, 2013
peteregwu:

Well firstly the God I know is Jesus nd nothing more. Jesus is my God. Jesus is not an image, status, or mary. He is God and we believe Him by faith. ncerning marriage, and what Jesus said about it is that it is between a man and a woman. And they have to stick together till death do them part.

Matthew 19:4-6, 9 KJV
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, [5] And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? [6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. [9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

I understand.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by timothycel(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
What is the colour of a soul? Something with no physical properties? What colour is the air? Can you tell if certain air has been breathed by a black person or white person?

Peoples souls were created in the beginning but made a little lower than the angels. Angels were made before people, before there was even an earth, before there was something called race. The question of God and colour in my mind is like asking do they take their coffee with or without milk in heaven. Coffee is an earthly thing, so are our bodies.

God specifically says that no image should be made of him.

God doesnt belong to a certain people, he chose to show/reveal himself to the Israelites.The Israelites belonged to God, as do the descendants of edom, canaan, ishmael etc.

God is not our friend and as such shows no favouritism based on race etc. He shows favour to those that obey his commands. Jews who didnt obey were punished but God heard the prayer of Cornelius a Gentile man because he was Holy before God.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
timothycel: What is the colour of a soul? Something with no physical properties? What colour is the air? Can you tell if certain air has been breathed by a black person or white person?

Peoples souls were created in the beginning but made a little lower than the angels. Angels were made before people, before there was even an earth, before there was something called race. The question of God and colour in my mind is like asking do they take their coffee with or without milk in heaven. Coffee is an earthly thing, so are our bodies.

God specifically says that no image should be made of him.

God doesnt belong to a certain people, he chose to show/reveal himself to the Israelites.The Israelites belonged to God, as do the descendants of edom, canaan, ishmael etc.

God is not our friend and as such shows no favouritism based on race etc. He shows favour to those that obey his commands. Jews who didnt obey were punished but God heard the prayer of Cornelius a Gentile man because he was Holy before God.

all these but you still didn't answer the question.

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by timothycel(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

all these but you still didn't answer the question.

Firstly there wasn't just a question, there were 10 in all.

My post addressed the first 4.

Secondly there is no way to answer your questions directly without looking ridiculous which is why I chose to render them moot.

How can anyone answer "How many black Saints or Angels do you know" when angels are neither black nor white. They are Angels.

You should have just said thank you for the enlightenment and modified your question appropriately in order to avoid looking the way you do now.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 12, 2013
I am not x-tian but I always imagine blacks and arabs tongue

obadiah777 get in here bro! this thread has your name written all over it.
obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777 obadiah777obadiah777obadiah777 obadiah777

see? grin

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 12, 2013
peteregwu: Do I guys worship Satan or what?

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=48pt]LMAO[/size]
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
timothycel:

Firstly there wasn't just a question, there were 10 in all.

My post addressed the first 4.

Secondly [size=14pt]there is no way to answer your questions directly without looking ridiculous[/size] which is why I chose to render them moot.

How can anyone answer "How many black Saints or Angels do you know" when angels are neither black nor white. They are Angels.

You should have just said thank you for the enlightenment and modified your question appropriately in order to avoid looking the way you do now.

The bolded is all you needed to say. The rest of your gymnastics actually made you look more ridiculous than if you gave a straight answer.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
*Kails*:
I am not x-tian but I always imagine blacks and arabs tongue

obadiah777 get in here bro! this thread has your name written all over it.

see? grin
HEY KAILS WHATS GOOD MAMI ? I DONE ENDED THE LIFE OF THE THREAD WITH MY INPUT BUT THE OP IS NOT LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO SEE CHRIST AS A BLACK MAN CUZ THAT DEFEATS THE INTENTION OF HIS HEART, HE IS WAITING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL SAY I SEE CHRIST AS WHITE SO HE CAN POUNCE ON THE PERSON AND COME OUT WITH HIS USUAL JARGON. THIS HERE IS MY POST LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO ON THE TOPIC
obadiah777: IMAGES I SEE ARE NOT RELEVANT. WHAT IMAGES ARE IN THE BIBLE ? SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT LEAN INTO THY OWN UNDERSTANDING. WITH THAT BEING SAID THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SHOWS ME

GOD - BLACK MAN
JESUS - BLACK MAN
JEWS - BLACK MEN
ANGELS - BOTH BLACK AND WHITE. ANGEL ONLY MEANS MESSENGER SO THERE ARE WHITE ANGELS OF DEATH TOO. HOWEVER THE MAIN ANGELS AND SAINTS ( THE ELECT, 144,000 ) ARE BLACK
<<< CONVENIENTLY IGNORED BECAUSE THE OP CANT GET A FIGHT OUT OF IT. HE IS HERE WITH HIS OWN AGENDA AND NOT TO SEEK REAL KNOWLEDGE cheesy cheesy
ARABS ARE ISHMAELITES NOT ISRAELITES
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^^Question is what you see in your mental image. Not what the bible said.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: ^^^Question is what you see in your mental image. Not what the bible said .
SCRIPTURE DO SAY >>>> PROVERBS 3 VS 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding <<< WHEN IT COMES TO THESE SCRIPTURES YOU GO BY WHATS IN THE BOOK NOT WHAT I SEE IN MY OWN MENTAL IMAGE

ISAIAH 8 VS 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them <<<< ANY OPINION GIVEN THAT IS NOT FROM THE BIBLE ? ITS BECAUSE WHOEVER GAVE YOU THAT OPINION DOES NOT HAVE ANY LIGHT IN THEM. NOW I MYSELF BEING OF SOMEONE WITH LIGHT grin I HAVE TOLD YOU THE COLOR OF WHAT THE BIBLE DESCRIBES THEM AS BUT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH THEIR OWN VAIN OPINIONS AND PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS. YOU ARE LOOKING FOR REPROBATES TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION AND SCRIPTURE DO SAY BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER SO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A REPROBATE LIKE YOURSELF TO ANSWER THE QUESTION SMDH grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
obadiah777: HEY KAILS WHATS GOOD MAMI ? I DONE ENDED THE LIFE OF THE THREAD WITH MY INPUT BUT THE OP IS NOT LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO SEE CHRIST AS A BLACK MAN CUZ THAT DEFEATS THE INTENTION OF HIS HEART, HE IS WAITING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL SAY I SEE CHRIST AS WHITE SO HE CAN POUNCE ON THE PERSON AND COME OUT WITH HIS USUAL JARGON. THIS HERE IS MY POST LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO ON THE TOPIC

<<< CONVENIENTLY IGNORED BECAUSE THE OP CANT GET A FIGHT OUT OF IT. HE IS HERE WITH HIS OWN AGENDA AND NOT TO SEEK REAL KNOWLEDGE cheesy cheesy

ARABS ARE ISHMAELITES NOT ISRAELITES

i agree 100 percent that this thread is troll bait.
Re: Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
bro can you elaborate on this statement "ARABS ARE ISHMAELITES NOT ISRAELITES".

weren't the ishmaelites the "bad seeds"?

hey!

guys go to google and look up "black jesus".
it's interesting that even the black artists have made his image
which depicts someone from the Kush region.

jesus as a black man ( as seen on google)

real kushitic man
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/An_Afar_nomad.jpg

i think there may be some truth to this....

pagan_9ja and obadiah777 what you say? grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Catholic Churches Preach At All ??????? / Names Of Funny Churches In Nigeria / Religious Facts You Dont Know(christ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.