Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 AM

Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum (7117 Views)

See The Ranking Of Governors Based On Their Perfomance So Far And Add Yours / Meet The Wives Of Governors In Nigeria (photos) / I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by fkaz(m): 6:30am On Jun 02, 2013
Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State, the defeated candidate in the election of chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum, has declared that he never planned to head the group.
Mr. Jang, who formed a faction of the forum after suffering a defeat to Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, told reporters at his faction's secretariat on Friday that he also did not obtain the form to contest the election.
The Plateau Governor received 16 votes to Mr. Amaechi’s 19, but he has been parading himself as the chairman of the Forum. Mr. Jang has the backing of the leadership of the People's Democratic Party as well as the Presidency.
In an interaction with reporters, Mr. Jang said he was not prepared for the post, but was drafted into the race because of the refusal of two previous northern contestants, Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State and Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State, to step down for the other.
A reporter at the briefing stated that Mr. Jang’s voice was barely audible despite his use of a microphone. “I didn't plan to run for the chairmanship race but was brought in when my colleagues from the north could not step down for the other,” said the governor. He added: “That is what happened. I didnt plan for the job. Don't overdramatize the issue and please let's move the Forum forward.”
On why he had visited only the leadership of the PDP without meeting the leadership of other political parties, Mr. Jang said, “I visited [Tony] Anenih and Bamangar Tukur because they were theonly ones in the FCT. Both of them were around. I couldn't meet others because they were not in town. I couldn't have travelled round the country to meet them.”
He did not say whether he planned to meet with leaders of other political parties anytime soon.
Mr. Jang also said he had held meetings with the majority of the governors. He declined to describe the responses of those he claimed to have met. He also failed to mention their names.
On the video of the election that was obtained by SaharaReportersand posted on youtube, Mr. Jang said, “We have never called any of you to video us. I think Amaechi fixed a secret and videoed us. That is immoral.”
Speaking at the same event, Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State, who claims to be Mr. Jang's deputy, described the Forum as a voluntary organization and that any of the governors was free toopt out.
He did not say if he would stop attending the Forum's meetings.
Mr. Mimiko said, “We are not proud of what has happened. It is a voluntary association. Anybody can pull out without any consequences. A situation where a chairman of a forum of equals decided to contest [an] election sitting on the seat, then it is not right.”
Reminded that governors do not step down before contesting elections for second terms, neither of the governors could answer.
The two governors were also unable to say whether the Forum's constitution requires that an incumbent chairman should step down before running for another term.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-did-not-plan-be-chairman-governors-forum-jang

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by OneNaira6: 6:35am On Jun 02, 2013
that NGF needs to be removed. can someone explain what it is they do?
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Mohdadutse(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2013
Governor jang is a totally mad man, is there any
pshycae doctor in plateau state to treat this old
man? or does he follow the footstep of “maimalafa“
in addiction of taking “agogoro“? This person lost
election with 16 votes and went ahead acting as
elected officer of the NGF chairman, without thinking
of the shame he brought to family, friends and the
cultural background he comes from. Now he further
send a human activist to court for telling the
absolute reality in international media, claiming 2b
naira damages from him. This is totally irresponsible
manner.
I pray to god to let the spirit of all those that lost
their lives during plateau crisis as a result of jang mis
managament to contineu to hunt governor jonah
jong to eternity.
Victory will always be ours.

1 Like

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Nairaplus(m): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2013
Yes We know GEJ engineered it.
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by onyeguy: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2013
Just passing by will back soon cool cool cool
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by safarigirl(f): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2013
Of course you didn't plan it....your Oga at the top did, all you did was manipulate stuff up and drag a bunch of fellow clueless retardeens along with the charade.....mtcheeww, oloshi!

2 Likes

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by fitzmayowa: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2013
PDP and their wahala

2 Likes

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by david52: 11:01am On Jun 02, 2013
funny write up

1 Like

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2013
You guyz keep playing games with our franchise.your day of reckoning is nigh
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by honey001(m): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2013
Where are all those people supporting Jang? The man self knew he didn't win the NGF election.......
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Opey4luv(m): 11:06am On Jun 02, 2013
The drama is getting more intense, abeg pass me a packet of pop corn over there, whats greater than having some pop corn while watching some stupid leaders perform drama.
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by alabosian(m): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2013
Fool @ 80. No difference between him and Mugabe
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Gbawe: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2013
The bane of Nigeria's development. 'Accidental' leaders everywhere i.e people who never deliberately planned to gain influential offices being pushed into it by the cynical machinations of others.

3 Likes

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by alpattini(m): 11:23am On Jun 02, 2013
I can't categorically tell you that I planned to run for the post according to JANG, but MY OGA AT THE TOP asked me to. It is a shame that our fathers can take their dirty bath in the public but OGA AT THE TOP (Aso Rock) should learn what my Papa use to advice us THAT PEOPLES PROGRESS OR DESTINY CAN NEVER BLOCK or STOP YOUR OWN PROGRESS, LIVE AND LET LIVE! ww. That's all.
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by martin92(m): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2013
fkaz:
Reminded that governors do not step down before contesting elections for second terms, neither of the governors could answer.
The two governors were also unable to say whether the Forum's constitution requires that an incumbent chairman should step down before running for another term.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-did-not-plan-be-chairman-governors-forum-jang
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by martin92(m): 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
fkaz:

dats a lovely question
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by dangali: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jang you are a disgrace to the society if somebody can push you to do what you have. no intention.

1 Like

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by badassnigga(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
that why jang is d dullest governor.
he has no mind of his own lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by gerald09(m): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
Well dats good to kn so since u didn't win the election u aint still the chairman. Give it time u would soon learn how PDP world works now u are their puppet morrow u will be their scape goat. Them no they tell blind man say *rain* dey fall
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
during the 2015 elections, i hope these governors esp mimko would step down for the election to take place.......these govanos are terrible

1 Like

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
during the 2015 elections, i hope these governors esp mimko would step down for the election to take place.......these govanos are terrible.....they ve successfully intimidated amaechi.....his God would always fight for him
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by EagleNest(m): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jang & Mimiko really disappointed me. Must you lie when you loss election. So if there was no camera inside these guys would have lied on top of our head.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by tellmoon(m): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
JONAH JANG is simply a drowning man. Cant he simply take the path of respect?
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by tellmoon(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
fkaz: Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State, the defeated candidate in the election of chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum, has declared that he never planned to head the group.
Mr. Jang, who formed a faction of the forum after suffering a defeat to Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, told reporters at his faction's secretariat on Friday that he also did not obtain the form to contest the election.
The Plateau Governor received 16 votes to Mr. Amaechi’s 19, but he has been parading himself as the chairman of the Forum. Mr. Jang has the backing of the leadership of the People's Democratic Party as well as the Presidency.
In an interaction with reporters, Mr. Jang said he was not prepared for the post, but was drafted into the race because of the refusal of two previous northern contestants, Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State and Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State, to step down for the other.
A reporter at the briefing stated that Mr. Jang’s voice was barely audible despite his use of a microphone. “I didn't plan to run for the chairmanship race but was brought in when my colleagues from the north could not step down for the other,” said the governor. He added: “That is what happened. I didnt plan for the job. Don't overdramatize the issue and please let's move the Forum forward.”
On why he had visited only the leadership of the PDP without meeting the leadership of other political parties, Mr. Jang said, “I visited [Tony] Anenih and Bamangar Tukur because they were theonly ones in the FCT. Both of them were around. I couldn't meet others because they were not in town. I couldn't have travelled round the country to meet them.”
He did not say whether he planned to meet with leaders of other political parties anytime soon.
Mr. Jang also said he had held meetings with the majority of the governors. He declined to describe the responses of those he claimed to have met. He also failed to mention their names.
On the video of the election that was obtained by SaharaReportersand posted on youtube, Mr. Jang said, “We have never called any of you to video us. I think Amaechi fixed a secret and videoed us. That is immoral.”
Speaking at the same event, Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State, who claims to be Mr. Jang's deputy, described the Forum as a voluntary organization and that any of the governors was free toopt out.
He did not say if he would stop attending the Forum's meetings.
Mr. Mimiko said, “We are not proud of what has happened. It is a voluntary association. Anybody can pull out without any consequences. A situation where a chairman of a forum of equals decided to contest [an] election sitting on the seat, then it is not right.”

Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by tellmoon(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr. Mimiko said, “We are not proud of what has happened.Pls, can Mimiko explain this better, what happened?
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by bknight: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yes...jst a pawn in d scheming game of politicschess

What a shame
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
The guy is a clown
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by VesselofHonour: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Well Jonah jang is a man.. He has said his own opinion... Is it not obvious to say that Amechi WON that election? "saying he's incubent is an excuse they should come out and give a proper REASON for denying him the post.... Political game i'll call it
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by chuksoyo21(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jang and his supporters are enjoying their feast of madness. They no knw sey naija don wisen-up nw.
One question that has never stop knocking ma mind is doesnt jang have a conscience? Doesnt his conscience tell him he loss the election?
Maybe, na God won bring them out.
We shall all see the end!
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by Stonebreath: 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
he is a stupid man
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by SPSpecial(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
What a nonsense......... is this short man jang that illogical? if he does not has the full intent on being the chairman y did he consider himself as one later. He had been lured into it to make him more corrupt.
On the video issue, he is just being like someone the is not civilised........ in every corners on any environment like that there should be a working cam video. undecidedWhat a nonsense......... is this short man jang that illogical? if he does not has the full intent on being the chairman y did he consider himself as one later. He had been lured into it to make him more corrupt.
On the video issue, he is just being like someone the is not civilised........ in every corners on any environment like that there should be a working cam video.
Re: Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum by SPSpecial(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
What a nonsense......... is this short man jang that illogical? if he does not has the full intent on being the chairman y did he consider himself as one later. He had been lured into it to make him more corrupt.
On the video issue, he is just being like someone the is not civilised........ in every corners on any environment like that there should be a working cam video.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Election Results In Kogi State - / Disturbing Pictures Of Inmates From Nigerian Prisons Ugwashi Ukwu / INEC Transfers PVC Collection To Registration Areas, Wards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.