Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,414 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men (3690 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / Why Ladies Should Avoid Claiming They Are Virgins / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by NwaTeacher1: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2013
I will suggest a national protest by all naija ladies over the refusal of men above 30 yrs to marry but rather prefer to hire and pay them off. Men do give excuses of not having money to marry but i have come to see it as a deceit because marriage is not all about money. Women have 45years reproductive years while men have 100years. Why is it that naija men are wicked to an extent that 40 years men are still not thinking of marriage? Who will marry all this single ladies all in our streets. I suggest naija single ladies with the assistance of the ministry of women affair to go on mass protest to national assembly and beg them to pass a law that will mandate any man above 30 to marry. If not that, i pity ladies because men are not really serious this time for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ur jst frustrated, its nt illegal nt to marry

6 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tpia5: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
The op is very right.

It does smack of wickedness to continue to refuse to marry when there are so many wonen looking for husbands.

How long exactly is bachelorhood supposed to last?

If you want to be a rev father then enter the seminary nah?

And if you're scared of the women you see these days then have your mum or a relative find you somebody ke?

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:
The op is very right.

It does smack of wickedness to continue to refuse to marry when there are so many wonen looking for husbands.

So why dont we reverse this law to get all women to marry at the age of 23? Wouldnt that work. ALl women should marry by 23 and have kids by 25. They are the ones with the biological clock, not the men undecided.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by jmoore(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
Isaac son of abraham married at the age of 40.

Maybe they need amnesty. smiley
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tpia5: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
Atheist:-D:

So why dont we reverse this law to get all women to marry at the age of 23? Wouldnt that work. ALl women should marry by 23 and have kids by 25. They are the ones with the biological clock, not the men undecided.

You sound like one of the bachelors being referred to.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tpia5: 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
jmoore: Isaac son of abraham married at the age of 40.

Maybe they need amnesty. smiley

Who needs amnesty?

The men or the women?
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by 190: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
Rotfl

See wat nigerian girls has resolved to

Hahahaha!
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:

You sound like one of the bachelors being referred to.

Why, do you want to "forcefully" marry me? sad
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tpia5: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
If you can change your user id to "christian", your wife will appear before you finish typing.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tpia5: 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
Seriously though, the topic is a matter of great concern.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by 190: 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Threads like this

Tpia nor dey take am play

Tpia don't worry ur man would soon come despite ure 33 by next month
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:
If you can change your user id to "christian", your wife will appear before you finish typing.
I am not looking for a wife smiley. And why would I want to call myself a christian? I did that once and found it somewhat disillusioning. I am not an advocate for forced marriages. Everyone should marry when they want and who they want. So why is it women running everywhere crying about not finding partners?If the law is to be brought in it should be the women it is enforced against as opposed to the men.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by dabrake(m): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
190: Threads like this

Tpia nor dey take am play

Tpia don't worry ur man would soon come despite ure 33 by next month
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by obyrich(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:
The op is very right.

A reverend father will always have a reverend sister to keep him company in the seminary, no be so? Before calling the men wicked, have you taken your time to critically analyze the mindset of these your so-called overdue-for-marriage ladies? A 31 year old lady friend of mine once confided in me how her spinsterhood status was frustrating her life. I got talking with her. I soon realized that she 'must' marry a rich man preferably, someone based overseas. During the same discourse, I gleaned that she was dating four guys at the same time. She was sleeping with them all! Two of them were married men- bankers.She told me a guy she was looking up to for marriage once broke her heart. She said the guy passed the night in her room on Thursday and went to do his traditional marriage on Saturday the same week!I also got to know that she was not just dating the guy alone then. She had back-ups too. Unfortunately all the back-ups failed her as well.She recruited a new team immediately. At a point she broke down in tears.I pitied her.But she would not come down her high horse. Many girls are like that.

Getting a life partner is a serious business. Truth is that our society attaches a high premium on material wealth. Every young woman wants to have a talk-of-the town wedding. It is their right, not a privilege anymore. Therefore, most young men have also raised their targets high with respect to how much they need to make in order to be deemed fit to marry a woman of their dream. The unfortunate reality is that over 70% of Nigerians are living on less than $2 a day, including these 30+ men.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
obyrich:

A reverend father will always have a reverend sister to keep him company
in the seminary, no be so? Before calling the men wicked, have you
taken your time to critically analyze the mindset of these your
so-called overdue-for-marriage ladies? A 31 year old lady friend of mine
once confided in me how her spinsterhood status was frustrating her
life. I got talking with her. I soon realized that she 'must' marry a
rich man preferably, someone based overseas. During the same discourse, I
gleaned that she was dating four guys at the same time. She was
sleeping with them all! Two of them were married men- bankers.She told
me a guy she was looking up to for marriage once broke her heart. She
said the guy passed the night in her room on Thursday and went to do his
traditional marriage on Saturday the same week!I also got to know that
she was not just dating the guy alone then. She had back-ups too.
Unfortunately all the back-ups failed her as well.She recruited a new
team immediately. At a point she broke down in tears.I pitied her.But
she would not come down her high horse. Many girls are like that.

Getting a life partner is a serious business. Truth is that our society
attaches a high premium on material wealth. Every young woman wants to
have a talk-of-the town wedding. It is their right, not a privilege
anymore. Therefore, most young men have also raised their targets high
with respect to how much they need to make in order to be deemed fit to
marry a woman of their dream. The unfortunate reality is that over 70%
of Nigerians are living on less than $2 a day, including these 30+ men.
Sad story! sad
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by obyrich(m): 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:

And if you're scared of the women you see these days then have your mum or a relative find you somebody ke?

Very funny. So you would marry such a man? When issues arise and he resorts to his mum and sister for aid you complain of intrusion in your marriage? That is the usual pattern with match-making. A man who depends on others to get a wife will also need their input to make the marriage work.

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
obyrich:

Very funny. So you would marry such a man? When issues arise and he resorts to his mum and sister for aid you complain of intrusion in your marriage? That is the usual pattern with match-making. A man who depends on others to get a wife will also need their input to make the marriage work.

You are right in regards to the above and your previous post. I too have met a lady who was in her 30s and desperate for marriage. She had no less than 4 dude on the go and within 2 years got rid of all of them and had another 4. Giev it a couple of years and she will be in church praying vehemently for a husband.

Women are becoming more and more difficult when it comes to choosing partners.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tempilo2k(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
What a useless thread. Maybe when women start becoming responsible and stop 'Gold digging' they would get the men of their dreams. U busy praying for a 'ready made' guy when the guy is working his butt off to make ends meet? Trust women to always be as unreasonable as it gets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by dddaaayyyooo(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
If that is the case, me I will use Football age so d law won't catch me grin

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
tianababy: Ur jst frustrated, its nt illegal nt to marry
abi o.
@ op if the thing is paining you that much,write a letter to the governour of your state to arrest any man or woman of marriageable age and has the financial resources to sustain a marriage but he or she is single.2ndly tell him to ensure that anyone who is not married should be sacked

bottomline if you are not happy with your singlehood and you think its marriage that willk make you a happier man or woman,then you have another thing comming.its people like you that make chauvenists feel that women are nothing or cannot live without marriage.mshewwww.meanwhile there are chauvenistic women too before the 'men' come here and start quoting me.issshhh
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Atheist:-D:

if nigerians were so obsessed about self development,intellectual development and financial independendence the way they are obsessed with marriage and having kids asap,many nigerians will be LESS FINANCIALLY DEPENDENT AND ENSLAVED :/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
kulyie: if nigerians were so obsessed about self development,intellectual development and financial independendence the way they are obsessed with marriage and having kids asap,many nigerians will be LESS FINANCIALLY DEPENDENT AND ENSLAVED :/

Precisely.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by milkymesh: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
Why should I buy what I can get free. The fact that young eligible men refuse to marry is the fault of ladies of today. We get free sex everywhere. The chioce of men of ladies agewise hardly changes. A young man of 25yr will likely marry a young lady of between 18 to 25yr. At between 26 to 35 his preference agewise hardly changes. Now if he had married at 25 he will have married that lady who was probably 22 that he now calls to old because she is now 30 and he is now 33 Now what happen to ladies above 26. BRB to edit.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
milkymesh: Why should I buy what I can get free. The fact that young eligible men refuse to marry is the fault of ladies of today. We get free sex everywhere. The chioce of men of ladies agewise hardly changes. A young man of 25yr will likely marry a young lady of between 18 to 25yr. At between 26 to 35 his preference agewise hardly changes. Now if he had married at 25 he will have married that lady who was probably 22 that he now calls to old because she is now 30 and he is now 33 Now what happen to ladies above 26. BRB to edit.
true.there are a lot of flashy looking girls everywhere these days that lack self respect

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by NwaTeacher1: 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Is like men are against the protest. Why?
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Chnges(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nwa Teacher: I will suggest a national protest by all naija ladies over the refusal of men above 30 yrs to marry but rather prefer to hire and pay them off. Men do give excuses of not having money to marry but i have come to see it as a deceit because marriage is not all about money. Women have 45years reproductive years while men have 100years. Why is it that naija men are wicked to an extent that 40 years men are still not thinking of marriage? Who will marry all this single ladies all in our streets. I suggest naija single ladies with the assistance of the ministry of women affair to go on mass protest to national assembly and beg them to pass a law that will mandate any man above 30 to marry. If not that, i pity ladies because men are not really serious this time for marriage.
Money z d ans. If only there'll b a recession in naira demand amongsr Ladies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by plaetton: 2:57am On Jun 03, 2013
Unfortunately, everything seem to work against the female gender in our semi-primitive pre-industrialized society.
The economic system , the political system are built in favour of men.
The women always need to depend on men for sustenance.

Also, we have a very corrupt system that has over the many decades, infiltrated our domestic and social relationships. Corruption seem to have a greater and more devastating impact on a society when the economically disenfranchised females get corrupted. This is because the females are the pillars of society, so when they are corrupted, the society begins to lose its moral cohesion.

So what we have today in Nigeria is that because of entrenched system of economic and political disenfranchisement, women have become more needy, more desperate, and therefore much more corrupt.

Another unfortunate thing for women is that, unlike men, a woman's sexuall history is often permanently imprinted on her psyche , and this leaves long lasting behavioural cues in the way of attitudes, pretences, deceit and secrecy.
In other words, ladies are afraid to reveal their true selves to their prospective mates out of fear of revealing too much of their corrupt past. Men don't have that same problem . Our society does not require men to be chaste.

Most men can pick up on these behavioural cues, so they play along for the ride until it suits them to walk away.
A man can read and analyse a lady on the first date , no matter how pretentious the lady tries to be.
By the second date, the relationship is already over and the woman is hardly even aware.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 10:36am On Jun 03, 2013
plaetton: Unfortunately, everything seem to work against the female gender in our semi-primitive pre-industrialized society.
The economic system , the political system are built in favour of men.
The women always need to depend on men for sustenance.

Also, we have a very corrupt system that has over the many decades, infiltrated our domestic and social relationships. Corruption seem to have a greater and more devastating impact on a society when the economically disenfranchised females get corrupted. This is because the females are the pillars of society, so when they are corrupted, the society begins to lose its moral cohesion.

So what we have today in Nigeria is that because of entrenched system of economic and political disenfranchisement, women have become more needy, more desperate, and therefore much more corrupt.

Another unfortunate thing for women is that, unlike men, a woman's sexuall history is often permanently imprinted on her psyche , and this leaves long lasting behavioural cues in the way of attitudes, pretences, deceit and secrecy.
In other words, ladies are afraid to reveal their true selves to their prospective mates out of fear of revealing too much of their corrupt past. Men don't have that same problem . Our society does not require men to be chaste.

Most men can pick up on these behavioural cues, so they play along for the ride until it suits them to walk away.
A man can read and analyse a lady on the first date , no matter how pretentious the lady tries to be.
By the second date, the relationship is already over and the woman is hardly even aware.

In a nutshell. A total, accurate analysis. Look at the virgin issue. People quote the bible and Koran when mentioning virginity with women but when we ask about male virgins they get suspiciously quiet. It is obvious that more needs to be done by men in society, government and society as a whole to make things better for women, to support them financially and give them proper rights. They are almost in servitude shocked.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by tinnymerit(m): 10:43am On Jun 03, 2013
isaiah 4:1 is in play here.If any girl has a good guy buy super glue and stick together else ...............Nun will be ur best option.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by blaise26abj(m): 11:07am On Jun 03, 2013
marriage worthy single girls are an endangered specie. In fact finding one is as hard as finding a mustard seed in a haystack nowadays.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Did This To This Lady On Her Wedding Day?? [SEE PHOTO] / Cum In / See how My Girlfriend surprise Me Last Week (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.