Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men (3691 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / Why Ladies Should Avoid Claiming They Are Virgins / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
prologue: These are crazy times. Got involved with a lady about 31 and am 29 and seriously, told her straight up I wanted marriage... First, she said I must prove it. I was reduced to an errand buy to buy stuffs. I use my car to get her around town n she doesn't care how I fuel, but I must fill her bigger gen with fuel, pick up laundry, buy bottled water and all time we ate out, I do the paying... When we discussed marriage, she said we would need 4 to 5 million. Okay, no problem, let's save towards it, as she earn well too( 250k), she said I should take care it. Then cut down on guest list, as mine is no more than 20, she said the least she would expect is 250 so we must plan for that. Thank God, no sex... It was easy for me to take a walk. 1 year on, she is still single. I know I will find a wife soonest... As my new biz picks up properly. most Ladies want the best wedding to post on facebook...

What about bride price? What was that like?

I think some ladies can be unrealistic when it comes to wedding expectations. They will quote figures as high as 20 mill. Whaaaaat? shocked

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by prologue: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
Atheist:-D:

What about bride price? What was that like?

I think some ladies can be unrealistic when it comes to wedding expectations. They will quote figures as high as 20 mill. Whaaaaat? shocked

Bride price was not even an issue. There is this dstv programme (about to wed) she was always watching and telling me how much stuffs cost and how she preferred them. I have not even built a house. Then she was asking if I had problems with adoption? Wetin carry bicycle go river? She wanted just 2 kids so what is her issue with adoption? Abi she get kid somewhere or no womb? Though I didn't press but tried to fill in the blank spaces. She is beautiful and very educated. Cooks well and neat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by AtheistD(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
prologue:

Bride price was not even an issue. There is this dstv programme (about to wed) she was always watching and telling me how much stuffs cost and how she preferred them. I have not even built a house. Then she was asking if I had problems with adoption? Wetin carry bicycle go river? She wanted just 2 kids so what is her issue with adoption? Abi she get kid somewhere or no womb? Though I didn't press but tried to fill in the blank spaces. She is beautiful and very educated. Cooks well and neat

Ok.... sounds interesting. So she talked about adoption. Why?

I think the unrealistic expectations are from modern society, bling and of course nollywood/Africa magic/DSTV etc...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by NwaTeacher1: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2013
Nawaoo! So you guy doesn't want to support this move. Naija babe there is problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by 190: 7:47am On Jun 06, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Nawaoo! So you guy doesn't want to support this move. [size=38pt]Naija babe[/size] there is problem in this country

[size=38pt]ROTFL grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
obyrich:

A reverend father will always have a reverend sister to keep him company in the seminary, no be so? Before calling the men wicked, have you taken your time to critically analyze the mindset of these your so-called overdue-for-marriage ladies? A 31 year old lady friend of mine once confided in me how her spinsterhood status was frustrating her life. I got talking with her. I soon realized that she 'must' marry a rich man preferably, someone based overseas. During the same discourse, I gleaned that she was dating four guys at the same time. She was sleeping with them all! Two of them were married men- bankers.She told me a guy she was looking up to for marriage once broke her heart. She said the guy passed the night in her room on Thursday and went to do his traditional marriage on Saturday the same week!I also got to know that she was not just dating the guy alone then. She had back-ups too. Unfortunately all the back-ups failed her as well.She recruited a new team immediately. At a point she broke down in tears.I pitied her.But she would not come down her high horse. Many girls are like that.

Getting a life partner is a serious business. Truth is that our society attaches a high premium on material wealth. Every young woman wants to have a talk-of-the town wedding. It is their right, not a privilege anymore. Therefore, most young men have also raised their targets high with respect to how much they need to make in order to be deemed fit to marry a woman of their dream. The unfortunate reality is that over 70% of Nigerians are living on less than $2 a day, including these 30+ men.

Na wa ooooooooo
Odikwa risky
Odikwa stubborn.
Ewelekeeeeeee
Apoooooooorrrrr

Change men like gear oil or pants.
Igboro o rerin oooo - seem joy no dey for street oo

About guys thinking of expensive marriage - i think we need see the reality of things and start cutting down on expenses.
The era of hosting expensive marriages is going and can only be done by the few elites.
I worked with an Ukrainian guy who told me he had to save his whopping 6 months salary to do his wedding - this is someone earning $5000 as at then.
He boasted how he hired a limousine to take them to church and hall and this is someone still staying in a rented apartment in his country(though, house and land are damn expensive in europe) and still working as a fvcking Employee.
Told me how his wife was very happy and walking among her friends with her shoulders high (a house wife for that matter).
All in all, it's all misplacement of priorities.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
obyrich:

Very funny. So you would marry such a man? When issues arise and he resorts to his mum and sister for aid you complain of intrusion in your marriage? That is the usual pattern with match-making. A man who depends on others to get a wife will also need their input to make the marriage work.

I don't think this is a problem because the ones marrying without family influence or decisions are not doing better

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
...and one more thing, op, you and other concerned ladies can still use internet via forums and social platforms like- facebook, twitter, BBM, whatsapp, digg, pinterest, etc to create more awareness on this topic becos its a vital one and if u take it up seriously, u will be celebrated and remembered.

As you know, 60 to 80% of Nigerian youth population now have access to the internet and are regular users of any of the aforementioned social network platforms, which means u will reach a huge number during your campaign.

But pls, focus on- campaigning against massive male unemployment and under-employment along with your campaign for guys to marry not later than 35yrs at most, if u want to achieve great result.

Once again, well done.

At the bolded - unfortunately, massive campaign for men employment will mean unemployment or not empowering women which will kill off the efforts of Women empowerment programs.
Life is not always blue and black, it's not always the way we see it.
The more you look, the less you see.
And most women will fight tooth and nail to keep their jobs and be empowered than see the men take it from them.
Let me shock you again with another statement -
Most ladies will rather keep their jobs and be single career women than allow men to take over the jobs and come under them as wives.
Lobatan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by lukui: 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
After toasting more than five different ladies and they are all saying no, no, no like NEPA light, so you want me to kill myself because no one wants yo marry me abi? Na by force?

You are blaming the guys, what about the ladies too are they also ready for marriage? Evening newspapers plenty pass!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
you have good points, but its not only being liability or parasite that's it the problem why most ladies are single.

Believe me, if its just that, most guys wouldn't mind seriously. There are guys with lots of cash looking for a lady to even help them spend it, but that's if they are sure of her mission.

You know, all men want and crave for respect. But unfortunately, most of our today ladies don't have respect for guys seriously. Its even common amongst the working class ladies earning good income. And no man wants to marry a lady who can't respect him.

If you want him to propose ASAP, show him some allegiance. Respect him, come on, Bible said- worship him, so do that and watch him beg for u to marry him. Respect! Respect! Humility! Obedience! Understanding! Being realistic and reasonable are some of the major qualities real guys are searching for in a single lady. Just let go of all those gender equality nonsense Americans and Europeans brought to us, which failed them and even created more divorce cases and single mothers for them, let it go and learn from your mother and stop reasoning like a feminist or else, u may find it hard to get a husband or even if u get one, it may end up in a divorce, God forbid pls.

I don't even have much problem with a woman who is a housewife or a liability because we know there are no jobs out there.
What i find frustrating and annoying is a wife not working yet has big taste, wide mouth and an insatiable appetite for big things. Someone not sensitive, considerable or understanding of situation to adjust and plan within hubby 70% income so that they can slowly save and invest the 30%.
Such women regularly complaining why the man didn't buy a sweet car or send kids to expensive schools etc when she can't even do nadaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
AtheistD:

Even those 30 year olds would turn their nose at the poor man. They would also refuse to marry a guy younger than them. So their options are somewhat limited.

Such ladies, are they fairing better than those poor dude? They been single won't still guarantee them been rich. Most will likely die poor anyway, so they aren't better my dear.
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
prologue:
These are crazy times.[b] Got involved with a lady about 31 and am 29 and seriously, told her straight up I wanted marriage... First, she said I must prove it. I was reduced to an errand buy to buy stuffs. I use my car to get her around town n she doesn't care how I fuel, but I must fill her bigger gen with fuel, pick up laundry, buy bottled water and all time we ate out, I do the paying... When we discussed marriage, she said we would need 4 to 5 million. Okay, no problem, let's save towards it, as she earn well too( 250k), she said I should take care it. Then cut down on guest list, as mine is no more than 20, she said the least she would expect is 250 so we must plan for that. [/b]Thank God, no sex... It was easy for me to take a walk. 1 year on, she is still single. I know I will find a wife soonest... As my new biz picks up properly. most Ladies want the best wedding to post on facebook...

Na wa oooooo
Bro, where u see dat karashika
The lady would have killed you if you hadn't stopped the useless unproductive relationship.
Even with your money and car, an old woman dey send u up and down.
Na wa ooooo
A lady of 31 that has crossed the threshold using a 29 yrs old guy like mario.
Bros, abeg sorry - na so u ugly reach? U don't have options? Even with ur car and nice earnings?
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
prologue:

Ayangbaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
prologue:
These are crazy times. Got involved with a lady about 31 and am 29 and seriously, told her straight up I wanted marriage... First, she said I must prove it. I was reduced to an errand buy to buy stuffs. I use my car to get her around town n she doesn't care how I fuel, but I must fill her bigger gen with fuel, pick up laundry, buy bottled water and all time we ate out, I do the paying... When we discussed marriage, she said we would need 4 to 5 million. Okay, no problem, let's save towards it, as she earn well too( 250k), she said I should take care it. Then cut down on guest list, as mine is no more than 20, she said the least she would expect is 250 so we must plan for that. Thank God, no sex... It was easy for me to take a walk. 1 year on, she is still single. I know I will find a wife soonest... As my new biz picks up properly. most Ladies want the best wedding to post on facebook...

The modern woman is not realistic and heartless in her demands. Reason been that ladies are not forced to contribute to what they want.
If ladies know that they will have to shell out 50% of the money required to fill tgeir insatiable demands, they will become Reasonable instantly. From phine type to wedding cost to apartment cost to car ttpe to school the children will go. If they will contribute immensely, they will become reasonable.
Before i wedded 8 years ago, told my wife, in-laws and my parent to do a low key marriage since we are just starting our lives but Nooooo, everyone wanted elaborate wedding, talk of the town wedding.
Most acquiesced me of been stingy and doing baba ijebu, akagon.
Okay now, spent 1.2m on marriage. After marriage hunger set in, my wife and i come dey drink garri dey sleep for on top mattress for ground.
I don't know if we had done a quiet parlour marriage or 50 people marriage with about 400k and saved the 800k for starting our lives, furnishing the apartment and atleast setting her up since she was jobless but Noooooo.
Marriage is one time event in your life, it won't happen again so you need to spend even taking a loan from cooperative is okay.
Very wrong mindset.
I vowed never to do such stupid thing in my life again.
Spits*
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Liliantalks: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
emmaodet:

At the bolded - unfortunately, massive campaign for men employment will mean unemployment or not empowering women which will kill off the efforts of Women empowerment programs.
Life is not always blue and black, it's not always the way we see it.
The more you look, the less you see.
And most women will fight tooth and nail to keep their jobs and be empowered than see the men take it from them.
Let me shock you again with another statement -
Most ladies will rather keep their jobs and be single career women than allow men to take over the jobs and come under them as wives.
Lobatan
seconded !! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Liliantalks: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
emmaodet:

The modern woman is not realistic and heartless in her demands. Reason been that ladies are not forced to contribute to what they want.
If ladies know that they will have to shell out 50% of the money required to fill tgeir insatiable demands, they will become Reasonable instantly. From phine type to wedding cost to apartment cost to car ttpe to school the children will go. If they will contribute immensely, they will become reasonable.
Before i wedded 8 years ago, told my wife, in-laws and my parent to do a low key marriage since we are just starting our lives but Nooooo, everyone wanted elaborate wedding, talk of the town wedding.
Most acquiesced me of been stingy and doing baba ijebu, akagon.
Okay now, spent 1.2m on marriage. After marriage hunger set in, my wife and i come dey drink garri dey sleep for on top mattress for ground.
I don't know if we had done a quiet parlour marriage or 50 people marriage with about 400k and saved the 800k for starting our lives, furnishing the apartment and atleast setting her up since she was jobless but Noooooo.
Marriage is one time event in your life, it won't happen again so you need to spend even taking a loan from cooperative is okay.
Very wrong mindset.
I vowed never to do such stupid thing in my life again.
Spits*
Lol r u planing to get married again grin
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by pansophist(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
Many of these over 30's women have multitudes of men chasing them for serious marriage when they were younger, but as usual, they play with them and keep waiting for the perfect rich man to show up.

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by techlawcrat: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Abeg, I make cakes and other confectionary for delivery anywhere within Lagos. Please patronize me during this lock down. As brokeness don set in. Hunger no go kill us o... Thanks in advance for the patronage. My number: 08021399452
Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by donuchris007: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
NwaTeacher1:
I will suggest a national protest by all naija ladies over the refusal of men above 30 yrs to marry but rather prefer to hire and pay them off. Men do give excuses of not having money to marry but i have come to see it as a deceit because marriage is not all about money. Women have 45years reproductive years while men have 100years. Why is it that naija men are wicked to an extent that 40 years men are still not thinking of marriage? Who will marry all this single ladies all in our streets. I suggest naija single ladies with the assistance of the ministry of women affair to go on mass protest to national assembly and beg them to pass a law that will mandate any man above 30 to marry. If not that, i pity ladies because men are not really serious this time for marriage.
. Meet 33 yrs lady 2015, I talk about marriage, she said I can't take care of family at my financial level we have fun, lot of sex. I left her go ahead in life, 2020 I somehow connect with her, I propose,she declined her reasons my biz can't take care of family. I left her,met a UK graduate in medical field we settle for marriage this year. When our women change their mentality, men will be available to marry them. The said lady is a big girl but her high horse is keeping her in a cold weather. Build your home with a responsible man if you are wise.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by emmaodet: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
Liliantalks:
Lol r u planing to get married again grin

Ofcourse not but any other future event, i won't spend foolishly.
That i can assure them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by Trupz: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Boys fuvk who they can and girls fuvk who they want but most men marry who they want and most women marry who they can!

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men by freddaboh(m): 12:35am On Apr 27, 2020
obyrich:

A reverend father will always have a reverend sister to keep him company in the seminary, no be so? Before calling the men wicked, have you taken your time to critically analyze the mindset of these your so-called overdue-for-marriage ladies? A 31 year old lady friend of mine once confided in me how her spinsterhood status was frustrating her life. I got talking with her. I soon realized that she 'must' marry a rich man preferably, someone based overseas. During the same discourse, I gleaned that she was dating four guys at the same time. She was sleeping with them all! Two of them were married men- bankers.She told me a guy she was looking up to for marriage once broke her heart. She said the guy passed the night in her room on Thursday and went to do his traditional marriage on Saturday the same week!I also got to know that she was not just dating the guy alone then. She had back-ups too. Unfortunately all the back-ups failed her as well.She recruited a new team immediately. At a point she broke down in tears.I pitied her.But she would not come down her high horse. Many girls are like that.

Getting a life partner is a serious business. Truth is that our society attaches a high premium on material wealth. Every young woman wants to have a talk-of-the town wedding. It is their right, not a privilege anymore. Therefore, most young men have also raised their targets high with respect to how much they need to make in order to be deemed fit to marry a woman of their dream. The unfortunate reality is that over 70% of Nigerians are living on less than $2 a day, including these 30+ men.
That's sad but true.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will I Give To A Drunk Girl. / 36 Questions That Will Make Anyone Fall In Love With You / Can You Date An AIDS Patient And Still Sex Them All For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.