Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day (8836 Views)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by ibrahimdoc: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
All those people clamoring for anioman state, what geo political zone will anioma be grouped under, it is a fact the most anioman people are saying that they are not igbos and I don't see south east wanting anioma state as part of south east geo political zone...The south south already has 6 zones and it will not make sense to create anioma and then group them under south south....So the best bet is for anioma people to fight for polical relevance in delta state and forget about creation of anioma, cos I see it as just a mere dream that will never come to pass....Honestly I really pity for them, cos they seem most educated set of people in delta yet, they are being grossly marginalized...Soon Ijaw will have their own turn in governorship post.

Trying to force anioma state down the throats of igbos we create serious war and bad blood and Nigeria doesn't need this sort of thing right now....Any anioma in the house, what do you think about it. I believe I raised a salient point that should be looked into.
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Pysam(m): 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
I was in Delta last month and saw the awareness everywhere.and I feel this one way to delay progress for the region .
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by AndreUweh(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
This idiotic thread deserves to be in the waste bin. Obsession with anything Igbo is a disease. @ the OP, are you Igbo or from Anioma area by any chance?.

16 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by solomon111(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
The OP is a slowpoke.

6 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by solomon111(m): 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
What a nonsense thread.
You have no right to interfere in our affairs.

8 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
ibrahimdoc: All those people clamoring for anioman state, what geo political zone will anioma be grouped under

South East

, it is a fact the most anioman people are saying that they are not igbos and I don't see south east wanting anioma state as part of south east geo political zone...

All the Anioma people I know in real life recognize themselves as Igbos and the south east will gladly welcome anioma state into their fold. The only Igboid group in Delta that refuse to recognise themselves as Igbos are the Ika.

The south south already has 6 zones and it will not make sense to create anioma and then group them under south south....So the best bet is for anioma people to fight for polical relevance in delta state and forget about creation of anioma, cos I see it as just a mere dream that will never come to pass....Honestly I really pity for them, cos they seem most educated set of people in delta yet, they are being grossly marginalized...Soon Ijaw will have their own turn in governorship post.

I don't think so

Trying to force anioma state down the throats of igbos we create serious war and bad blood and Nigeria doesn't need this sort of thing right now....Any anioma in the house, what do you think about it. I believe I raised a salient point that should be looked into.

There's something wrong with your brain. Are you musiwa's cousin?

18 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by PehaKaso: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
Anioma people av d right 2 clamour 4 their own state since they are marginalised in Delta. Btw y cant SS av 7 states wen NE or NW has same 7 states?

3 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Garrithe1st: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
The Anioma people like their brothers across the Niger are big cry-babies. Wrapper tying men who whine all day, thinking things will be dumped on ur laps without having to for it.

They are more than the Itsekiris in terms of population as well as land mass, yet the Itsekiris have produced the governor of Delta state while they keep doing what they do best. Same way the S.E. Ibos think crying and whining is the way to get a shot at the presidency.

If the Aniomas like, they should keep whining on billboards and other media, 2015 will come and afterwards their crying will still continue..

Awuuf loving folks!!

cool cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Garrithe1st: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
PehaKaso: Anioma people av d right 2 clamour 4 their own state since they are marginalised in Delta. Btw y cant SS av 7 states wen NE or NW has same 7 states?

Who's marginalizing them??

Why do these people always like playing the "victim's" card??

Mtscheeeww!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by ikenga67: 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Mtscheeeww!!!

Jeeesh! Why do you hate igbos so?
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by TechyGuy: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
I don't think Anioma should be grouped with SE. It can remain SS.
Rivers State have so many tribes that can be traced to SE but they are still SS.
That should not be a reason for not creating the Anioma State. @OP, you should come up with better points, this is just too flimsy.
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by ibrahimdoc: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
I don't mean any harm or insult, I just said my mind...I am also feeling for them too.
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Greatken007(m): 5:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
I am a typical Anioma Guy...it is a crime to classify us under South-East

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by ibrahimdoc: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Then you have to wait for eternity before you have your anioma state, cos south south is not gonna have 7 states, they don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Garrithe1st: 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
ikenga67:

Jeeesh! Why do you hate igbos so?

it's a simple question. I hate grown men who cry like G-String wearing sissies!!

Why will they complain of being marginalized in a State where:

1. They are the Second largest ethnic group (why not use ur numbers to ur advantage??)

2. The State capital is located in their area

3. They have political and business heavy weights all over the country.

Why not strategize on how to get one of ur people to rule??

There is no agreed rotational system in Delta State, so if you're interested in power, mobilize ur people and support one of your own, instead of endorsing others in the hope of power being handed over to you like "awuuf" in the future.

If an Itsekiri man can be a Governor of Delta State, I wonder the excuse Aniomas should give aside not being politically sophisticated.

These dudes should man-up and fight for what they want instead of crying marginalization and playing the expired "Victim's" card.

cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Garrithe1st: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Delta: Anioma gives conditions to support Uduaghan

Tweet

November 28, 2010 | 12:27 am

News

By Hugo Odiogor
Delta north political leaders have listed conditions upon which they would throw their weight behind Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan in the fresh governorship election ordered by the Appeal Court in Delta State.

This came as the former governor took steps, last week, to make peace with Anioma political and opinion leaders, whose area is considered to be the battle ground for the election, ahead of the polls.

Uduaghan, who met with political leaders in Oshimili, Aniocha, Ika and Ndokwaland, pleaded for forgiveness for his mistakes, especially the alleged marginalisation of the area that has nine local governments and has acted as the stabilising factor in Delta politics.

The former governor, who was accompanied by the Delta PDP chairman, Peter Nwaoboshi, and other members of his political team, paid a courtesy call on the Ide  Ahaba, Chief Sonny Iwedike Odogwu, in Asaba, last Sunday, where he pledged to make amends if given the support to return to office.

Sunday Vanguard learnt that Chief Sonny Odogwu, the Ide Ahaba and chairman of Grand Hotel  Asaba, expressed the displeasure of indigenes of Anioma with the three point agenda of the Uduaghan administration and some aspects of his policies which had tended to marginalize the people.

In another development, Sunday Vanguard learnt that Delta North leaders met in Abuja where the issue of supporting the former governor was discussed, contrary to the impression being created by members of Uduaghan’s campaign team that Anioma support is a sure bet.

A notable leader of PDP in Oshimili south, Chief Akaeze Philip Ibonye, said it makes political sense for Anioma people to show forgiveness but asked the former governor to reognize that Delta north has been the stabilizing factor in Delta politics and has been the kingmaker of all that past elected governors in the state.

In another development, the chairman of Aniocha Rnaissance, Chief Ptrick Onwochie, told Uduaghan to review what his administration had done in the past three and a half years and note that Asaba and other major towns in Delta north did not feel the impact of the administration in terms of development.

www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/delta-anioma-gives-conditions-to-support-uduaghan/
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Mtscheeeww!!!
it is in their gene
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Garrithe1st: 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
lakhadimar: it is in their gene

It's very nauseating when they do whine especially considering their bragging nature. They claim superiority when it suits them and the next minute the start crying like an orphaned child.

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by malc619(m): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Greatken007: I am a typical Anioma Guy...it is a crime to classify us under South-East

Ibos will accuse you of being a Yoruba person....

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by malc619(m): 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
In another development, the chairman of Aniocha Rnaissance, Chief Ptrick Onwochie, told Uduaghan to review what his administration had done in the past three and a half years and note that Asaba and other major towns in Delta north did not feel the impact of the administration in terms of development.
www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/delta-anioma-gives-conditions-to-support-uduaghan/

During his 1st tenure he did nothing for your people yet you support him for a second term because of "long-throat". Subjecting ur people to another 4 years bad governance because of greed and personal ambitions.

Shameless fools they really are...

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
@ J12 Please your claim that all anioma folks with exception of ika accept being igbo is grossly false. I'm ukwuani from the anioma region and i see isoko sand urhobos as closer brothers than igbos. My hometown is bordered by an isoko town on one side and an urhobo town on another side so i don't get what makes me anything close to being igbo. Don't misjudge my assertion as being biased against the igbos because i know they are great people, infact 80% of the ladies I've dated are from across the niger but that doesn't mean i won't correct the fact that nothing makes me igbo. Maybe the anioma people you know are mostly from the asaba end of anioma hence your conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Inik(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Let me chip in this, i am not a Deltan however i did my youth service in delta. I don't see the Anioma state movement being realised anytime soon. Delta state's land mass is relatively small, how many local government areas will make up Anioma state? I think the Anioma region shouldn't have been part of delta state. Ibb was in a haste to make his wife's village Asaba the capital of a new state when he created delta state. The capital of Delta state should have been Warri.

2 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Garrithe1st: 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
ogo2707: @ OP Please your claim that all anioma folks with exception of ika accept being igbo is grossly false. I'm ukwuani from the anioma region and i see isoko sand urhobos as closer brothers than igbos. My hometown is bordered by an isoko town on one side and an urhobo town on another side so i don't get what makes me anything close to being igbo. Don't misjudge my assertion as being biased against the igbos because i know they are great people, infact 80% of the ladies I've dated are from across the niger but that doesn't mean i won't correct the fact that nothing makes me igbo. Maybe the anioma people you know are mostly from the asaba end of anioma hence your conclusion.

Like a poster up there said, the "Real" Ibos will soonn be here to challenge ur "Iboness"
Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 03, 2013
ogo2707: @ J12 Please your claim that all anioma folks with exception of ika accept being igbo is grossly false. I'm ukwuani from the anioma region and i see isoko sand urhobos as closer brothers than igbos. My hometown is bordered by an isoko town on one side and an urhobo town on another side so i don't get what makes me anything close to being igbo. Don't misjudge my assertion as being biased against the igbos because i know they are great people, infact 80% of the ladies I've dated are from across the niger but that doesn't mean i won't correct the fact that nothing makes me igbo. Maybe the anioma people you know are mostly from the asaba end of anioma hence your conclusion.

Nna,hope you are not speaking for me...You better hit your history books and learn about our origin as Anioma people. Our umbilical cords transcends and transverses the river Niger and connect with our kins in East and there is nothing anyone can do about that..not you, not me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1308128/suffers-nigeria-divides

On the thread above, the Op with his numerous monikers as Yorubaman,Sagabuchi,Ijawcitizen, ibrahimdoc, alj haram, tried to divide ND and drag me as an Anioman into his utopian "Ijaw-governed ND", he tried very hard to cause disaffection but among western and eastern Igbo, i gave him a summary lecture of my history.

Please don't let the divide and rule tactics they have employed for decades get the better of you. You should start rewriting history they gave you and dethrone their lies against us. WE Aniomas are Igbos...we must start setting the records straight to liars from the pit of hell who enjoy seeing Igbos fight amongst themselves instead of engrossing their brains in ideas that can help librate their servitude kiths and kins in illorin.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by OneNaira6: 12:05am On Jun 03, 2013
Greatken007: I am a typical Anioma Guy...it is a crime to classify us under South-East

I just read your past and it's obvious as hell you are from anambra state and your other ID is well known. You use the same pics in both id, you defend obi like your life depend on it in both id. SMH. if you have a problem with anioma or anioma being part of SE, say it proudly with your id ngodigha and no need to pretend to be anioma. SMH. I try my best not to insult anambra but some members from that damn state make it so hard. you are very pathetic and should be ashamed of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2013
ogo2707: @ J12 Please your claim that all anioma folks with exception of ika accept being igbo is grossly false. I'm ukwuani from the anioma region and i see isoko sand urhobos as closer brothers than igbos. My hometown is bordered by an isoko town on one side and an urhobo town on another side so i don't get what makes me anything close to being igbo. Don't misjudge my assertion as being biased against the igbos because i know they are great people, infact 80% of the ladies I've dated are from across the niger but that doesn't mean i won't correct the fact that nothing makes me igbo. Maybe the anioma people you know are mostly from the asaba end of anioma hence your conclusion.

You are the only anioma person with such views. I have friends from ukwani, they all claim to be igbo even though they have nothing to gain by admitting it. Its the Ika people I know who totally disassociate themselves from the igbo.
Also, your neighbours do not determine you identity. The fact that your community borders with the isoko and urhobo doesn't mean you're both of the same tribe. They don't see you as anything close to urhobo or isoko. They regard and see you as an anioma or most times they see you an igbo. That's the reality.

6 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by OneNaira6: 12:12am On Jun 03, 2013

ukwani i honestly cannot stand una. you people are a minority population yet each time you lord yourselves as the speaker of anioma. Even then in your community, you are divided
read ify angela, another ukwani person, post on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/458875/delta-igbo-bendel-igbo-what/76

personally, i'm all for sending the anioma population that seek to bring division in that community to benin. I'm all for it. una are not going to f2k up the little progress to unite among clan we've made.

before any ukwani's start attacking me on this post, i actually have greatgrandparents that are ukwuani. my post still stand though, noone made them mouthpiece. they should keep shut

4 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 03, 2013
We are all entitled to our personal opinions. Those of you that claim ukwuani is igbo thats your opinion, those that say ukwuanis lord themselves & act like the mouthpiece of anioma thats your opinion. I am saying I'm Ukwuani and not igbo thats my opinion. What really matters in the end is that we are all Nigerians living in peace & hoping for our collective progress & for God to deliver us from the wrong set of people as our leaders.

5 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by AndreUweh(m): 1:06am On Jun 03, 2013
ogo2707: We are all entitled to our personal opinions. Those of you that claim ukwuani is igbo thats your opinion, those that say ukwuanis lord themselves & act like the mouthpiece of anioma thats your opinion. I am saying I'm Ukwuani and not igbo thats my opinion. What really matters in the end is that we are all Nigerians living in peace & hoping for our collective progress & for God to deliver us from the wrong set of people as our leaders.
Who cares if you are Igbo or not?. You may not be Igbo but do not claim that Ukwuanis are not Igbo people. Arochukwu is almost surrounded by Ibibio communities yet they don't claim Ibibio. It is an outright stupidity for one to say that his community is bordered by non Igbo communities and as a result, he is not Igbo.
Anyway, most Ukwuanis who matter in Nigeria are proud Igbo. One of the founding fathers of Ohanaeze today is from Ukwuani under the name of Hon Oputa.
A famous Nigerian wrestler Power Uti has always maintained his Igbo origin till date.
In Scotland, a surgeon-Dr Iwelumo is one of the founding members of Igbo Union in Scotland yet he is an Ndokwa man. His son is a famous footballer that represents the Scotland national team. This are just few examples, so go with your Isoko neighbours as we do not need you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 03, 2013
^^^ Oga why the harsh words. Abeg no vex beat me. I stated the close isoko & urhobo towns just to air my personal opinion of feeling closer to them whenever i meet them elsewhere than to an igbo man and not to use it as a yardstick for not being igbo. I have relatives who are urhobo also. I'm saying am not an igbo man based on me being born ukwuani & not igbo. Take it easy no need to join issues & throw insults.

1 Like

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by AndreUweh(m): 1:24am On Jun 03, 2013
ogo2707: ^^^ Oga why the harsh words. Abeg no vex beat me. I stated the close isoko & urhobo towns just to air my personal opinion of feeling closer to them whenever i meet them elsewhere than to an igbo man and not to use it as a yardstick for not being igbo. I have relatives who are urhobo also. I'm saying am not an igbo man based on me being born ukwuani & not igbo. Take it easy no need to join issues & throw insults.
You personally not Igbo is ok, but Ukwuanis are Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day by pazienza(m): 1:29am On Jun 03, 2013

I am sure that you are from one of those isoko speaking communities in ukwuaniland, communities like Etevie in Ibrede clan, ibrede we all know was founded by Uruabohs, that you isoko people from Iyede were allowed to settle there in great numbers by benevolent uruabohs and were even allowed to have your odionlogbo does not make ukwuani isokoland. It simply means that you are an isoko in an igbo territory,when you are tired of staying here,you can go back to iyede where your ancestors came from.

You could be Onogbokor clan,but do remember that Itebiege is but a customary tenant to their neighbourin aboh speaking communities.

All the isoko speaking/related people in Ibedeni,Ibrede(etevie),Onogbokor(itiegbe) and Igbuku all know where they came from in isokoland,anyday you guys are tired of staying in igbo territory known as ukwuani, you can relocate back to isokoland.

After all,all originally igbo speaking people that migrated to isokoland have since isokonized,from Aviara(Ase), Ozoro( Oputa aboh),to igbide(mgbidi) the story was the same,they had long surrendered their igbo ancestry to build a stronger isoko nation, you guys would either have to toe their path,or find yourself deported to isokoland ASAP, you can't be allowed to continue being a hinderance to igbo unity.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Last Words Before Arrest By DSS / Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... / NNPC, Others Yet To Remit $22.06bn, N481.75bn To Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.