Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31458 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
The guy dey try, I love his doggedness.

He needs an award wallahi
His wife/ wives should be scared
At this rate there is nothing he won't do for his paymasters/ mistresses

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by omiobo: 4:14am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
Please read this.

http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/news/item/2660-lagos-assembly-suspends-debate-on-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-toll.html

Some of the members, while commenting on
proposal, wondered why the one kilometre
bridge would be tolled, even as they all noted
the voluminous nature of the bill which needed
time to study.
According to Honourable Olusegun Olulade,
some things were not clear because of the
volume of the document, urging that the tolling
of the bridge should be put off for now, while
the government be asked to go ahead with the
commissioning.
Another member, Hon Bisi Yusuf also took note
of the huge volume of the bill.
He said that “the project was started two years
ago and you are bringing the document for
urgent consideration and approval, it is not the
best. It needs time for examination, so a time
frame should be given.”
Hon Saka Fafunmi, who also contributed to the
debated, said he was not convinced on why
tolling should be allowed on the bridge, which is
just a kilometre.
Besides, he argued that the project was
undertaken with Lagos State tax payer’s fund
and not through Build Operate and Transfer
approach.
“I know it was part of Lagos State fund that
was used to build the project. Must we always
make the people pay for every service we
provide,” he queried.
Deputy Speaker of the House, Kolawole noted
that the request of the government, as claimed
in the proposal, was not in line with the 2011
Public-Private Partnership law.

That bridge needs to be maintained,I believe there should be a source of revenue to maintain that bridge,not with the same tax payers' money and still expect fourth mainland bridge to be constructed.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 4:14am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:
[s]
Carry on sha
Maybe you are working hard to replace Liar Mohammed
More grease to your lips bro
Your masters must be pleased with your escapades

So tell us
What color of underwear did Fashola wear to work on Friday?
Boxers or briefs [/s]

You are absolutely irrelevant, worry more about your 30 years beg beg bridge
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by miky(m): 4:14am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI:

As if I wasn't in Lagos in 1998. Mind u, I never said Igbos developed Lagos. Lagos was built with Nigerian wealth. So you guys should stop claiming all the glory of Lagos. If u want to talk abt south west, talk abt Ibadan Osogbo, Akure, Ado Ekiti, Abeokuta (former president's city. Guess u know I'm aware of that).

I dont want to get involved in this childlike tribalistic nonsense, but your wrong buddy.. Abuja is africa's and nigerias first purposely built city in terms of design and input of revenue.. there was a time ibadan was even more popular than lagos.. Because it was a nigerian capital means nothing, infact the place has gotten better and better since 1990.. the same can be said about calabar?

if you cant afford the bridge use the other one, infact you should be happy because the original route would be decongested.. however for those who GAT it, it provides not just a convenient ride but safer one in terms of security and freedom from drunken molue drivers!!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

Carry on sha
Maybe you are working hard to replace Liar Mohammed
More grease to your lips bro
Your masters must be pleased with your escapades grin

So tell us
What color of underwear did Fashola wear to work on Friday?
Boxers or briefs grin
lwkmd cheesy cheesy
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by babaowo: 4:15am On Jun 03, 2013
HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 4:16am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

At this rate there is nothing he won't do for his paymasters
I tell you, see him avoiding real constructive arguements and resorting to names calling whenever he's cornered. I can't fit shout.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 4:17am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:
[s]
At this rate there is nothing he won't do for his paymasters/ mistresses[/s]

Ignorant villagers don't matter..

Another motorist who plied the Link Bridge after it was opened and spoke to newsmen is businessman, Mr Valentine Aboh who gave kudos to the Lagos State Governor and his team for their clear vision of infrastructural renewal and development in Lagos State.

He added that the project is a welcome development that is also people oriented, adding that its benefit is for the users of the roads not the government.

“We the masses appreciate it and no matter how much they ask us to pay, we will pay the toll.
Let the good things be replicated around the whole state so that people will have easy movement to go around unhindered for their businesses. We Nigerians are willing to struggle to make ends meet but let the government give us the enabling environment”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/02/new-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-excites-lagosians/

^^^^^^^ All that matters.. Lagosians that is..

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 4:21am On Jun 03, 2013
omiobo:

That bridge needs to be maintained,I believe there should be a source of revenue to maintain that bridge,not with the same tax payers' money and still expect fourth mainland bridge to be constructed.
Your Post is valid but my arguement here is that the executive should have waited till the Legislative arm was done. Afterall, Democracy is a government for ................by .............
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by babaowo: 4:28am On Jun 03, 2013
oshea44: Some people are just idiot, they have never travelled outside the country Nigeria before and see how the Western World Govt tax the hell out of you, I am in Canada, the govt tax 13% out of everything you buy, 13% from your Wages, $500 for car insurance every month, which tax una dey pay for 9ja, Yet una go dey complain.. Mind you, the bridge cost alot of money and how do u pay taxes? let me ask you a question, paying toll money is it not better than bad road or nothing? Please sometimes let think before we talk, cos its extremely annoying...if my second home Nigeria go bill 30% of tax from my money, i go pay....
.... imagine if FG can fix electricity and ask us to pay ,peolple we still complain,they forget good things never come cheap.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:02am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
Your Post is valid but my arguement here is that the executive should have waited till the Legislative arm was done. Afterall, Democracy is a government for ................by .............

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Sagewood: 5:07am On Jun 03, 2013
Nigerians want infrastructural development and other modern conveniences of life without taxation.
In the USA, the taxes are:

Sales Tax
Hotel Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Car Rental Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
Dog License Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Social Security Tax
Service Charge Tax
Fishing License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Building Permit Tax
IRS Interest Charges
Hunting License Tax
Marriage License Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Personal Property Tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Capital Gains Tax
Ticket Tax, you know the one you go to court for not using turn signals, etc.

If you think development is cheap or free, think again!

7 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!
@Billante; You mumu well well o. I doubt if you pay any utility bills, that payment of taxes is such an heavy task for you. Speaking of which. Do you even drop offerings in the church?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by azpekuliar: 5:29am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI:

Guy, your English (both grammar and punctuations) is very terrible. Go back to primary school.

I wonder how he got to Canada, probably a stowaway or something.....
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola hin dey worki ooo!

Mu he he he! Another ploy to milk already broke and dejected citizens.

Suffering and smiling activated grin

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Ifems(m): 5:38am On Jun 03, 2013
You guys are all funny,we all know that developed western countries pay tax virtually on everything in life but one thing they don't do is praising the leaders on infrastructural development...Why would you celebrate something you ought to have?...mind you INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT IS NOT DIVIDENDS OF DEMOCRACY!Please you economic and mediocre analysts,tell me why you have to pay for infrastructures that's meant to be there

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 5:40am On Jun 03, 2013
moodswing:

This is why seun need to age-restrict registration on NL. Case of an ignorant kid trying to sound reasonable but fails.
As usual, no points.....Just insults. And he'll claim to be matured. Just copying and pasting what @Billante said, If you don't have a mind to generate thoughts, go read a book. Play your part or get lost. You're obviously pained and you need someone to lash out. Sorry, i feel for you.....You have "moodswings" at your age? I guess it must be as a result of excess female hormones in your body and if you feel you're too old, find somewhere and "DIE".

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Ifems(m): 5:42am On Jun 03, 2013
babaowo: .... imagine if FG can fix electricity and ask us to pay ,peolple we still complain,they forget good things never come cheap.
....why do we have to wait for so long
to have constant electricity?....
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mahleeq(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2013
flexshop:

Nigerians amaze me. So you will be glad to pay for a service that the government should provide to you as her citizen. I give up

As a tax payer you pay less. If it is a way out then we can embrace it. My problem with it is will the trend continue
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by lateef4me(m): 6:18am On Jun 03, 2013
All I can think of now is the percentage that accrues to Tinubu's pocket .
One day,just one day,his empire will finally crumble and all his dirty deals exposed ...

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by juman(m): 6:19am On Jun 03, 2013
Unfortunately, OBJ didn't build a single project in Lagos for eight years.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2013
Had it been the FG introudced tax on a high way am sure that eko ile and co would have faulted them. Well am waiting for all of them at the polls in 2015, they will soon realize that is not to talk the cheap talk.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by juman(m): 6:33am On Jun 03, 2013
The federal government should hand over the Lagos-Ibadan road to the concerned three states governments to build.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 6:47am On Jun 03, 2013
At least, after decades of stagnation and rot in Lagos, LASG has found a way out of this rut and suddenly, projects are springing up around......Even if they are tolled(For maintainance and to fund other projects), it's sure better that what we had waiting for Obj and the Federal Govt when nothing happened. When will people understand that the alternative Lagosians have to these tolled projects have never been reliable. Speaking of "Alternatives"......"THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROUTE!!!". If LASG wanted to be greedy, they would block that off and force everyone to pass the tolled bridge.....Then we'll know what "Slavery" is.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: At least, after decades of stagnation and rot in Lagos, LASG has found a way out of this rut and suddenly, projects are springing up around......Even if they are tolled(For maintainance and to fund other projects), it's sure better that what we had waiting for Obj and the Federal Govt when nothing happened. When will people understand that the alternative Lagosians have to these tolled projects have never been reliable. Speaking of "Alternatives"......"THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROUTE!!!". If LASG wanted to be greedy, they would block that off and force everyone to pass the tolled bridge.....Then we'll know what "Slavery" is.

I've given up on trying to let this people understand the essence of the bridge on the other thread...those that liken them to a still-fan aren't wrong after all
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by banku: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2013
I do not think this Eko Ile is from Lagos. He comes from Iragbiji like Tinubu. He seems to enjoy and justify any hardship perpetrated by his masters. So because you live in Lagos, your own "village", they must tax you to death?

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 7:14am On Jun 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

I've given up on trying to let this people understand the essence of the bridge on the other thread...those that liken them to a still-fan aren't wrong after all
I guess that's the reason Lagos is fast accelerating and leaving the rest of Nigeria behind. I'm glad i'm a part of it though. We still haven't mention the Badagry Expressway, the elevated metro line and the Ikorodu Expressway Expansion for starters. Big things are going on and they want it on a platter of Gold?? Nigerians can like Free things.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 7:17am On Jun 03, 2013
gboss4sure: Had it been the FG introudced tax on a high way am sure that eko ile and co would have faulted them. Well am waiting for all of them at the polls in 2015, they will soon realize that is not to talk the cheap talk.

Unfortunately for you, toll or no toll, your useless and worthless federal government can not build a hen cage talk less toll road. Aby why are you still begging for a river bridge after 30 years and counting...

The joke is on you

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Lucasbalo(m): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2013
Desola: Lovely!
what is lovely in putting more pressure on people that are financially stressed already? .
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2013
Lucasbalo: what is lovely in putting more pressure on people that are financially stressed already? .

“We the masses appreciate it and no matter how much they ask us to pay, we will pay the toll. Let the good things be replicated around the whole state so that people will have easy movement to go around unhindered for their businesses. We Nigerians are willing to struggle to make ends meet but let the government give us the enabling environment”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/02/new-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-excites-lagosians/

Don't cry for us because we are even willing to pay more if we have to. Just because you and your village are poor and wretched doesn't mean Lagosians are..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 7:37am On Jun 03, 2013
mahleeq:

As a tax payer you pay less. If it is a way out then we can embrace it. My problem with it is will the trend continue

This is going to be the trend till we reach our desired destination.

What about the metro rail under construction? Do you think riding on it is going to be free because it was constructed with tax payers money?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ababaj: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2013
This is total stupidity. Why should the citizens pay for what they deserve to earn. Its true the bridge is good but it is the function of the state to provide infrastrutural amenities and create conducive environment for its citizen and investors. It is total absurdity. They are voted in to serve and not to exploit... Eko onibaje

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fani Kayode’s Former Girlfriend Cries Out Over Alleged Threat To Life / President Buhari Visits Kaduna As El-Rufai Receives Him (Photos) / Fateema Aduke Mohammed Supporter Killed In Lagos, Suspends Her Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.